Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Santos (2nd place) are (10/11) to beat RB Bragantino (19th in Brazilian Serie A)

Sao Paulo 4 wins out of last 6
RB Bragatino 4 losses out of last 6

Reasons to avoid:
- 4 Santos players injured, including top goalscorer. Additional player suspended
- Unpredictability of league
- RB beat them 3-2 in July
- Santos +2 goal difference. Only one team has lower in top 6. So, they're winning, but not convincingly
Sao Paulo won. Nice $200 profit

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On under 2.5 in play SIPG at 1.8.

good bet from line ups with Oscar and Akmedov both missing but pitch is completely flooded. It’s unplayable, very hard to create proper chances when it is like this. Did some under 1 first half too but price is gone now. Hopefully be 0-0 ht. think if Sipg take the lead then it’ll end 1-0 as they will just sit back. Game might get called off at ht if the rain gets worse.

Unders generally very good on waterlogged pitches, teams can’t counter as they can’t get up the pitch fast and it’s really hard to create pressure. Goals only really come from set pieces and defensive errors/being caught out by pitch.

Danny Roberts

good bet from line ups with Oscar and Akmedov both missing but pitch is completely flooded. It’s unplayable, very hard to create proper chances when it is like this. Did some under 1 first half too but price is gone now. Hopefully be 0-0 ht. think if Sipg take the lead then it’ll end 1-0 as they will just sit back. Game might get called off at ht if the rain gets worse.

Unders generally very good on waterlogged pitches, teams can’t counter as they can’t get up the pitch fast and it’s really hard to create pressure. Goals only really come from set pieces and defensive errors/being caught out by pitch.
Could be tight

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
s

Somehow lost. Sipg scored the first chance last kick of the half then scored the first kick of the 2nd half. Was ending 2-0 until Alesandrini scored one of the best overhead kicks I’ve seen, it’ll be going viral over the next couple of days. Was 2 chances all game really and somehow 3 goals.

Danny Roberts

s

Somehow lost. Sipg scored the first chance last kick of the half then scored the first kick of the 2nd half. Was ending 2-0 until Alesandrini scored one of the best overhead kicks I’ve seen, it’ll be going viral over the next couple of days. Was 2 chances all game really and somehow 3 goals.
Bad luck, I see not a single "Big Chance" on the score site I use.

Serious question, would you rather have a bad beat or a lucky win?

Last edited:

DarkLord

I'm going for a doubles bet on Arsenal and Liverpool to win their opening match at 1.96. Pretty good odds I think, for two newly promoted teams which they are playing against. Arsenal seem to start the season well.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Leeds draw no bet is 6/1. I'm tempted, but need to give it more thought. Does anybody have an opinion on it?

Danny Roberts

Leeds draw no bet is 6/1. I'm tempted, but need to give it more thought. Does anybody have an opinion on it?
I've had a free bet on Leeds. Think DNB not a bad option but I'm guessing that neither of leeds' new signings will start (although haven't read much) and if Koch doesn't play they will; probably have a youngster at centre back.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I've had a free bet on Leeds. Think DNB not a bad option but I'm guessing that neither of leeds' new signings will start (although haven't read much) and if Koch doesn't play they will; probably have a youngster at centre back.
Maybe I'll wait until the line up is revealed but Whoscored reckon both signings will start. Damn 6/1 is decent itself, but then takes any acca to completely different ball park. Had a look online and it seems like Leeds fans think the new signings won't play.

Danny Roberts

Maybe I'll wait until the line up is revealed but Whoscored reckon both signings will start. Damn 6/1 is decent itself, but then takes any acca to completely different ball park. Had a look online and it seems like Leeds fans think the new signings won't play.
Bielsa tends to like to give new signings a lot of time to understand what he wants and I'm not sure these guys have had more than a couple of sessions at best. He's also very loyal so suspect Bamford will definitely start, although maybe Koch will play. But on the plus side if neither start the odds may drift.

Sylar

I'm going for a doubles bet on Arsenal and Liverpool to win their opening match at 1.96. Pretty good odds I think, for two newly promoted teams which they are playing against. Arsenal seem to start the season well.
I added Chelsea to that but I'd be happy if one or more of them fck up

SambaBoy

What are people's tips for first game of the season?

Always find it's better to go against the favourite in these first games, especially in Championship and League One. Always a few teams who the bookies/media expect to struggle who end up doing well, and start the season off on fire. Or they suspect a team to be up there but they start of poorly. Decent money to be made if you can predict them correctly.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
So hard to bet on Arsenal.. you never know which side is going to turn up. I can see them dropping points today.
Fulham and West Brom are probably the only sure things with Arsenal.
My first waste of money of the season will go to a Liverpool & Newcastle double.

DarkLord

Well well well Arsenal didn't feck me for once.
If I recall correctly, Arsenal usually starts well early in the season when there's no pressure and towards the end when there is nothing to play for, but when the pressure heats up, they will bottle it.

Now just need Liverpool to win to win my accumulator.

Withnail

If I recall correctly, Arsenal usually starts well early in the season when there's no pressure and towards the end when there is nothing to play for, but when the pressure heats up, they will bottle it.

Now just need Liverpool to win to win my accumulator.
Yeah i thought they'd be ok today for -1. I'd wish you well but I don't want to pool to get a result.

I reckon Southampton Double Chance is worth a little bet.

DarkLord

Yeah i thought they'd be ok today for -1. I'd wish you well but I don't want to pool to get a result.

I reckon Southampton Double Chance is worth a little bet.
No worries mate, I'm happy to lose this bet either way. It's win win for me.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Fulham and West Brom are probably the only sure things with Arsenal.
My first waste of money of the season will go to a Liverpool & Newcastle double.
Turns out it wasn't a waste ! Too bad i only dropped 10 on that.
4.1 on Newcastle was way too big against this West Ham team. Liverpool gave me a scare though :nervous:

SambaBoy

Had a decent day, VVD was on a boost to score a header @12.00 so had £5 on that. Looking back, them odds are terrible.

Newcastle and Bristol City were too good of a price to not have a go, both won.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sky bet have Vardy @ 9/1 to get 3 shots on target vs WBA tomorrow. I think that’s a decent price to keep the match interesting.

edit: frustrating bet! Definitely made the match more interesting. Going small stakes on the draw Spurs v Everton 12/5

Last edited:

muller

I had Leicester to win to nil, leicester most corners and WBA most cards at 40/1.

Won 3-0, 6-2 on corners but 1-1 on cards.. despite WBA giving away 2 penalties. Gutted :(

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Back from vacations. My milk cow (Euro Basketball) is going to be skinnier this season, due to budget cuts caused by Covid break. Several teams lost important players, which will make results a bit more tough to predict.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Atletico PR +0.5 tomorrow at 1.9 small. Not my favourite scenario for a bet as game is at 2500m altitude so would usually look to bet the home team but think value is in away this time.

They played last year and PR were about 6/4 to win; was priced as a 50/50 game. I was on Wilstermann 0 in that scenario.

PR are worse this year, lost a few good players however Wilstermann haven’t played since March. Their friendly games were called off so they haven’t had any proper games bar internal ones against reserves in the last 6 months. Bolivian fitness is low at the best of times, let alone in these conditions. Should be a big leveller imo as the altitude really kicks in 30-45th minute and 75 onwards. It should be more even that normal during these periods but wilster will probably still be on top during them unless they’re leading. Even with replacements PR are way better player for player, they’ll win comfortably at home. I think the lack of match prep will negate the altitude effects to some extent, will still be issues with ball speed but fitness wise it should be a nice leveller. I think 2.3 is probably fair for Wilster.
These games usually play out with the sea level team being better side first 25 minute or so then the home team gets on top and pressure builds throughout the game. I’m hoping it’ll be slightly different to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.