Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Roberts

I'm on Ajax. Have got to respect the fact they were the better side in 4 games against Real and Juve. Impressive.

Does anyone else do the bet £10, get £5 offers at Betfair exchange? Very nice little freebie for smaller punters and available regularly.

luke511

Askania Bernburg vs Hallescher in the Regional Cup today. 14th place in the Oberliga with -21 GD vs 4th place in 3. Liga. Hallescher haven't conceded away in the competition in several years, there's a massive gulf between the leagues as well. A handicap bet or BTTS no looks solid.

Big Andy

Bloke
Right, I've just had the £25 free bet offer from Bet365.

Normally, I'll do a speculative bet for my £25 qualifying bet, and go longer odds with the risk free, but this month I've had a bit of a shock to the finances, so I'm looking to more guarantee 1) I don't lose any money and 2) I might make a few quid.

So is there any bets that will quarantee at least that I break even, and if so, what gives me the better reward?

I've toyed with BTTS first half no pre match, yes in play, that gets me a guaranteed £5 profit, potential £50.

Is there others that give me more? Looked at over 0.5 goals at 1/33 as qualifying, and then 0-0 in play at 14/1 but that ain't happening in a month of Sundays.

Any other variations on this that might give me more guaranteed winnings?

luke511

Askania Bernburg vs Hallescher in the Regional Cup today. 14th place in the Oberliga with -21 GD vs 4th place in 3. Liga. Hallescher haven't conceded away in the competition in several years, there's a massive gulf between the leagues as well. A handicap bet or BTTS no looks solid.
Line up looks pretty good.

Pagh Wraith

I love it when these betting and scores sites only use the first part of the teams' names, not knowing that this doesn't make any sense in German. It's either Halle or Hallescher FC. My favourite is when they call Hamburg Hamburger.

luke511

1-5 FT, glad I went a lot bigger on the handicap!

luke511

I love it when these betting and scores sites only use the first part of the teams' names, not knowing that this doesn't make any sense in German. It's either Halle or Hallescher FC. My favourite is when they call Hamburg Hamburger.
Haha will remember that in future.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Ajax to win + at least one card for Spurs + 2 or more corners for Ajax in first half + 3 or more goal kicks for Spurs in first half @ 8.00

Just for game to be a bit more interesting.

NoPace

Just got 3 small bets in before the Van De Beek goal, on Ajax to win and Ajax leading at halftime but Spurs to get the draw or win at fulltime.

Watching the first 15 minutes, they looked like certs to score soon, but also it looks like the first leg of Madrid-Ajax where Ajax was miles better but you expect the other team (Madrid because they're good, Spurs because they're at home) to at least be present on the pitch in the 2nd half after the initial shock of just how much better Ajax are at football wears off and they start to find more pragmatic solutions.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Guess I'm just being thick and stubborn as usual, but still think Spurs will go through.

Put in heavy bets on Bournemouth win/draw for the weekend, expect odds to drop and might hedge later for guaranteed win. Spurs look very tired and can secure 4th home to Everton last game.

Danny Roberts

I'm on Ajax. Have got to respect the fact they were the better side in 4 games against Real and Juve. Impressive.

Does anyone else do the bet £10, get £5 offers at Betfair exchange? Very nice little freebie for smaller punters and available regularly.
I didn't watch the game but they definitely sounded like the better side first half. They are being massively disregarded I think.

Big Andy

Bloke
I've decided to go over 0.5 goals as my qualifying bet, BTTS first half yes for in play...

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
No, 2 goal kicks for Spurs in first half (Ajax were just so precise and didn't shoot wide often), and somehow Spurs managed without a card (there were 2-3 instances where they should've gotten it).

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
I didn't watch the game but they definitely sounded like the better side first half. They are being massively disregarded I think.
They were excellent, really impressing and looked like they would smash it, but Spurs applied little pressure and let them IMO. Obciously I'm outmanned and clutching at straws now, but still think this Ajax side is overhyped, even if they play some beautiful stuff.

I'm gonna use a card for someone for in-play, usually nice odds. Now to decided who...fancy Busquets a bit.
Good call with Busquets IMO, also their RB behind Messi? Think Arnold could also be a good bet for yellow, and whichever plays of Milner/Hendo....

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Gone for Robertson to be booked @ 4.00, riskier than usual due to the ref not being a big card giver but wanted decent odds for something for the bet365 offer.

binary bot
Was going to do Robertson too, went with Busquets instead

Probably back Barca inplay

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Was going to do Robertson too, went with Busquets instead

Probably back Barca inplay
I was stuck with who to go for, too many are options, I'd have probably had busquets down as my 2nd choice. Or maybe milner, or Alexander Arnold ... Tough!

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I'd thought he would be a bit naughty so to say, but the lad received very few cards this season. Busquets doubles him in all competitions.

Odds aren't great at all for any of them frankly...

Maybe going to Alisson and hoping he gets booked for timewasting after Liverpool leads 1 or 2 nil. :cool:

If anyone has any other suggestions, please post!

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
96th minute corner for a 5/1 bet builder to come in. Laavely.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Milner actually had 2-3 very nice chances, probably the best chances Liverpool had. Shame he's shit.

Most important was that my qualifying bet succeeded, over 0.5 cards. :cool:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Looks a goodun here tonight. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.