Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Roberts

Had any other home win at 20 odd to 1, ie Barca score four or more and win. Can't believe those breaks they messed up at the end. And would have put the tie to bed too.

Withnail

They were excellent, really impressing and looked like they would smash it, but Spurs applied little pressure and let them IMO. Obciously I'm outmanned and clutching at straws now, but still think this Ajax side is overhyped, even if they play some beautiful stuff.

Good call with Busquets IMO, also their RB behind Messi? Think Arnold could also be a good bet for yellow, and whichever plays of Milner/Hendo....
With Ajax's CL home form, the way the second half panned out once Spurs changed up their midfield and with Son back I've a feeling Spurs can go through.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
On Paderborn and Leipzig singles tonight for medium stakes, 1.76 and 1.94.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Has anybody had any experience with Kwiff?

Going to give them a little try out for remainder of the season.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Anyone think there's value in Bournemouth or draw today? Spurs minds will be entirely on the semi.

Bubz27

Also, Barcelona are 4.00 to win today. Away v Celta.

I know the semi, but that's insane isn't it?

Bubz27

Spurs got a strong team and look serious. If it's still goalless in the second half, maybe Spurs attention will switch to the semi.

Bubz27

They've already won the league and are expected to rest pretty much all of their first team.

Busquets, Messi, Rakitic, Pique, Alba and Suarez aren't even in the squad.
Explains it.

Spurs down to 9. Come on Bournemouth!

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Joining the masses and going with Vålerenga against my local team Viking tonight @ 2,63 in Eliteserien Norway. Viking started season way above expectations with 3 wins and are now finding it more difficult. 3/4 regular defenders out.
Thought Vålerenga played well 2nd half at home to Odd last match and got a late winner. Form going opposite way.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
LFC - Barca o2.5 should be near to a cert tomorrow IMO, 1.64 atm. Barca rested and will counter attack, at the same time they are very vulnerable at the back and can be got at.

luke511

Joining the masses and going with Vålerenga against my local team Viking tonight @ 2,63 in Eliteserien Norway. Viking started season way above expectations with 3 wins and are now finding it more difficult. 3/4 regular defenders out.
Thought Vålerenga played well 2nd half at home to Odd last match and got a late winner. Form going opposite way.
Are you Norwegian? Do you ever bet on 3rd div Norwegian sides like Ranheim II etc?

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Are you Norwegian? Do you ever bet on 3rd div Norwegian sides like Ranheim II etc?
Yes I am. Sometimes i bet on lower leagues locally, if I get some good info, but can't be arsed staying updated on that travesty myself!

Edit; Also I'm more of a "math guy"(nerd!), and the way I structure my bets can be dependent on markets with a little liquidity.

Last edited:

Bubz27

I know Barca don't have to win, but them being 2.80 to beat Liverpool who will be without Salah and Firmino is a bit long imo.

Barca are fully rested as well.

luke511

Yes I am. Sometimes i bet on lower leagues locally, if I get some good info, but can't be arsed staying updated on that travesty myself!

Edit; Also I'm more of a "math guy"(nerd!), and the way I structure my bets can be dependent on markets with a little liquidity.
Check out Ranheim IIs score at the moment in play, may be worth reconsidering ;)

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Odds will not be great but if the City game is a draw I'd bet on a goal in the last ten minutes. There is no difference between a loss and a draw for City really, so we'll go all out for the three points. Leicester decent on the counter.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Millions of Liverpooldians putting money on City right about now.

I would like to as well, but odds still suck. 15 more minutes.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ok, for Liverpool to win the league, Brighton or draw, and Liverpool to win is 9.37, better than the 7.50 for Liverpool winning the league outright, need Man city to win the league for 2300 off a 25 bet.

Considering putting a couple hundred on the 9.37 odds. Am I working this out correct? Or can something else happen for me to lose both bets?

Brighton winning 4-0 and Liverpool drawing would feck it up ? But that's the only way?

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Check out Ranheim IIs score at the moment in play, may be worth reconsidering ;)
Sorry for late reply, out of daily posts ;-)
10-0, I see what you're saying!:lol: Are you from that area(Trondheim)?

I know Barca don't have to win, but them being 2.80 to beat Liverpool who will be without Salah and Firmino is a bit long imo.

Barca are fully rested as well.
Agreed, got Barca @2.87 yesterday on 365, and they pay out with two goal lead as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ok, for Liverpool to win the league, Brighton or draw, and Liverpool to win is 9.37, better than the 7.50 for Liverpool winning the league outright, need Man city to win the league for 2300 off a 25 bet.

Considering putting a couple hundred on the 9.37 odds. Am I working this out correct? Or can something else happen for me to lose both bets?

Brighton winning 4-0 and Liverpool drawing would feck it up ? But that's the only way?
Even then Brighton have to either win 5-0 or Liverpool have to draw 4-4, 5-5 etc.

I guess the reason Brighton DC + Pool win is higher is that casuals are betting on the outright winner rather than on the outcomes leading to the winner.

Danny Roberts

LFC - Barca o2.5 should be near to a cert tomorrow IMO, 1.64 atm. Barca rested and will counter attack, at the same time they are very vulnerable at the back and can be got at.
Should be ok but I don't think Liverpool will be gung-ho too early on. I could see it being a bit of an anti-climax and ending 1-1.

luke511

Sorry for late reply, out of daily posts ;-)
10-0, I see what you're saying!:lol: Are you from that area(Trondheim)?
I'm not unfortunately ha! I like to find value in handicap prices in one sided games with a reasonably high goal line, and I've found that the Norway 3rd div can be good for that :)

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Should be ok but I don't think Liverpool will be gung-ho too early on. I could see it being a bit of an anti-climax and ending 1-1.
Probably will be as 1-0 / 1-1 will be the worst scores for me!:lol:

Arnold yellow if he starts! Only found him @3.40 though - might try assist and YC bet builder on him....

I'm not unfortunately ha! I like to find value in handicap prices in one sided games with reasonably high goal lines, and I've found that the Norway 3rd div can be good for that :)
Thanks for the tip, will definately start to keep an eye open. Did well on handicap betting in the first round of the norwegian cup too, so am intrigued!:smirk:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I think the opposite. I staked under 3.5 yesterday when Salah was confirmed out. Think it'll be a let down assuming Liverpool don't score early. Any Barca goal completely kills the tie. I'm banking on Pool not scoring early with Salah and Firmino missing. Can see the game becoming a bit of a drab affair if it's 0-0 after 20 as the tie will be dead and Pool will be focusing on the weekend. They are saying Brewster is going to be involved as well, don't think Pool believe they can go through.

luke511

Thanks for the tip, will definately start to keep an eye open. Did well on handicap betting in the first round of the norwegian cup too, so am intrigued!:smirk:
Yeah I had fun with that round of football as well! Storm vs Odd provided for the goods for me :D

Anna Landrum

Bet Builder
Liverpool to win
BTTS
OVER 2.5
Mané to score anytime
Coutinho to score anytime

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I had fun with that round of football as well! Storm vs Odd provided for the goods for me :D
Was on the same game!:D

I think the opposite. I staked under 3.5 yesterday when Salah was confirmed out. Think it'll be a let down assuming Liverpool don't score early. Any Barca goal completely kills the tie. I'm banking on Pool not scoring early with Salah and Firmino missing. Can see the game becoming a bit of a drab affair if it's 0-0 after 20 as the tie will be dead and Pool will be focusing on the weekend. They are saying Brewster is going to be involved as well, don't think Pool believe they can go through.
Ok have to hedge my stake if Barca scores first on a counter, I see the logic that a Barca goal kills the tie! Still think Liverpool will go for it from the start and there will be an early goal.

Edit: Think I'll change my o2.5 bet to first goal:
within 10min: 4,6
or
within 15 min @3,3

Probably the latter, uncertain about the line though so will need to look around a bit...

Edit II: AAAAND this is now totally out of hand, ended up playing 2 freebets 25 and 20€ on Barca to score before 15:00 @ 6.00:houllier::D:D - And still have some on o2.5 which I will hedge if opportunity arises, and then there is my main bet on Barca @ 2.87. Time for a beer!:wenger:

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Liverpool to win the league is 6/1. Get on it after tonight. Destiny is these rotten bastard's side.
As mentioned earlier in the thread, Brighton or draw, doubled with Liverpool to beat wolves is higher in odds... Was 9. Something yesterday, down to 8. Something now but still better than the 6/1 odds.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I am looking at an SC Internacional/palastino double in the copa libertadores tonight. Int are 5/1 but both teams have already qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.