Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
No worries mate, glad people are on.

Hopefully the finals all go to plan. Mexico is the most likely to be an upset in terms of odds. Would be able to cash out for around 11/1 winner after the first two. I’ll be letting it run barring any big team news. Been a fun bet anyway whatever happens, gave me a decent interest in all the comps.
Yeah i agree that USA could be the most troublesome. I have the same stake on the treble and the quad with Morocco so as long as they don't get upset tomorrow and the first two win on Sunday I might cash out the treble and let the quad ride.

Definitely been a fun bet with a few hairy moments, Brazil and Mexico in a shootout, England VAR offside and then the penalty. The adrenaline of those moments worth the stake many times over.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Collins in play vs Martic @5.00, Collins a break down but playing looking the better player and will be rewarded if she can reduce the risk a little...

Edit; Collins couldn't break back in 1st, but takes 2nd set. Will hedge my stake at around 2-2.50 given the opportunity.

Edit II; Collins looks to be running away with it now, still hedged stake @3.50, standard WTA routine.

Edit IV; Stupid cow gave it away again, better than a loss I guess.

On Hercog live 2-0 vs Gauff @4.25, she's(Gauff) like 12 y.o. ffs.

Edit V; Cashed out a break up in 2nd, got 727/850.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Santa Cruz v Ferroviario Over 2.5 @ 2.0

Done a little bet on this. 3rd v 1st both with decent scoring records.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Got another Bencic meltdown in @11.25, she never fails to not deliver!:lol:

Evans -1.5 vs Sousa @1.83, medium bet. Also on England vs Sweden and o8.5 corners, small bets @1.85/1.75.

Edit; England with a few changes, odds up to 2.25, think that is good value. Sweden yet to impress me.

Edit II; Never bet on England to win anything in a WC!:wenger:

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Got England W or Sweden W to win, Sweden W to win either half, England W to score 2+ goals, England W over 4.5 corners, Sweden W over 3.5 corners @29.00

Cashout is already at £180. Would be good for England to pull one back before HT.

Edit: Cashed out for £150 at HT.

Last edited:

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Stealing a Wimbledon tip from my betting forum, really like this one;

Berretini to progress further than Medvedev(h2h) @2.62 at B365. Think they have this one wrong, as Coric pulled out Berretini now has a very favourable draw to the 4th round, where Fed awaits. Medvedev probably have to face Goffin in 3rd, and Tsitsipas in 4th. Think at least a push is very likely!
Chicken dinner!

Jumbo-Visma to win the team tempo tomorrow in the Tour De France is a very good bet @4.50, odds are sinking rapidly, but still 4.50 on Coolbet and 4.20 on Nordic/Betsson/Betsafe.
Ineos, the favorite, starts first, and Visma last, which is an advantage. Some really strong tempo riders in the roster, who will know every minute how they are doing compared to other teams.

Last edited:

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Jumbo-Visma to win the team tempo tomorrow in the Tour De France is a very good bet @4.50, odds are sinking rapidly, but still 4.50 on Coolbet and 4.20 on Nordic/Betsson/Betsafe.
Ineos, the favorite, starts first, and Visma last, which is an advantage. Some really strong tempo riders in the roster, who will know every minute how they are doing compared to other teams.
Outclassed the rest and won 20 secs ahead of Ineos in second, the odds was wrong and it showed!:D

Nobody here follows the TDF?

Edit: Going with Moss vs Bryne @2.42 in Norwegian 2.division group 1. Bryne, a local team, are awful away from home 0-1-5, while Moss are 2-2-1 last 5, but the two teams Moss have lost to are the top 2 sides in the division.

Last edited:

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Going with Alaphille to win TDF 3rd stage @5.00 and Bettiol vs Colbrelli @ 2,77. Sagan is the favourite, but the last climb is 8% which could and should be to steep for Sagan. Colbrelli is heavy and Bettiol has been in great form, odds is very good value.
In Wimbledon WTA Mertens should beat Strycova, has played on a higher level through the tournament. Strycova been blessed with the opposition so far IMO. Williams could struggle on the slow courts VS Navarro, she just looks unfit and slow to me, and if her serve isn't 100% anyone can beat her IMO.

Last edited:

Danny Roberts

Got another Bencic meltdown in @11.25, she never fails to not deliver!:lol:

Evans -1.5 vs Sousa @1.83, medium bet. Also on England vs Sweden and o8.5 corners, small bets @1.85/1.75.

Edit; England with a few changes, odds up to 2.25, think that is good value. Sweden yet to impress me.

Edit II; Never bet on England to win anything in a WC!:wenger:
I had a nice win on Sweden after backing them early at the larger price pretty much based on "never back England", although also because I thought they would have been so emotionally drained.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Well well well...

Had 250€ on Brazil wining CA @2.10
100€ on Argentina @4.00

Peru odd is @10.50 so placed 35€.

If Brasil wins:
250*2.10 = 525€
525€ - 100€ = 425€
425€ - 35€ = 390€
390€ - 250€ = 140€ profit

If Peru wins:
10.50 * 35€ = 367.50€
367.50€ - 350€ = 17.5€ profit

So yeah... I hope Brazil wins it, otherwise it will feel like a fail.
It worked. But if Brasil and Argentina missed the final I would be doomed.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Staked a treble of Brazil to Win Copa, Mexico to Win Gold Cup and USA to win Womens WC at 16s. Also added in Morocco to win Afcon for a 4fold and then Italy to win u21s for a 5 fold.

Brazil and Mexico both win easily for me barring big upsets. Both are value for me as 2nd favourites are too short imo. Argentina are massively overrated, they shouldn't be 2nd favourites. They've done nothing to suggest they are the 2nd best side bar have Messi. Colombia and Uruguay have both regressed in recent years and Chile are finished. Home advantage for Brazil also as well as a stupidly easy path to the final.
Mexico also have an easyish route to the final. USA got home advantage but 2nd best player for injured this week and will miss the tournament. Mexico have comfortably the best manager and the best team on paper.

USA is a toss up with France basically, I make it 60/40 in favour of USA so with them being priced 50/50 its the value pick for me currently. They'll meet in the quarters, whoever wins that should win the comp.

Morocco are too big of price for me at 13s, should be 6 or 7/1. They're the best side in Africa for me and the most balanced. They were excellent in the World Cup. The other top sides rely too heavily on one player for me. Egypt are rightly favourites given they're at home though.

Italy is a bit of a toss up really, think they should be favourites for the comp though with the squad they've named and with them being hosts. France squad is strong but they are lazy. England squad lacks balance for me, they're stacked with attack minded midfielders and think they've a few weak areas.
Treble won at 16s. Thankfully still good profit.

Very annoyed about Morocco and Italy still. Draw has completely opened up for Morocco with Egypt out. Pen miss in injury time + a ziyech sitter in extra time. Happy with both selections anyway regardless of the outcome. Would be amazed if anyone but Senegal wins the Afcon now barring a terrible performance.

Flanders Devil

Going with Alaphille to win TDF 3rd stage @5.00 and Bettiol vs Colbrelli @ 2,77. Sagan is the favourite, but the last climb is 8% which could and should be to steep for Sagan. Colbrelli is heavy and Bettiol has been in great form, odds is very good value.
In Wimbledon WTA Mertens should beat Strycova, has played on a higher level through the tournament. Strycova been blessed with the opposition so far IMO. Williams could struggle on the slow courts VS Navarro, she just looks unfit and slow to me, and if her serve isn't 100% anyone can beat her IMO.
Great tips so far. I’m a TDF fan, but have no idea about the betting of it.

I’ve a little on Navarro tonight. Also interested what you make of Gauff’s chances. I got on her to beat Williams so thinking of putting a bit more on her tonight?

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Great tips so far. I’m a TDF fan, but have no idea about the betting of it.

I’ve a little on Navarro tonight. Also interested what you make of Gauff’s chances. I got on her to beat Williams so thinking of putting a bit more on her tonight?
Thanks man. Luckily I always hedge my WTA bets when possible Mertens was1-0/5-2 up and now 3-0 down in 3.set after you said that! Might be due to injury, as she is now on a medical timeout, could be emergency therapy!:lol:

I really fancy Gauff, she looked mentally strong vs Hercog, and if she can continue that and keep unforced errors to a minimum like in the first to matches she should have a decnt chance, I have her at 30-35% chance.

Edit; The worry is the slow courts @Flanders Devil, advantage for Halep. If there was a little rain so the roof is closed, that should favour Gauff.

Great job on the footie tourno's @Spiersey, I second that!

Last edited:

Red Star One

Very annoyed about Morocco and Italy still. Draw has completely opened up for Morocco with Egypt out. Pen miss in injury time + a ziyech sitter in extra time. Happy with both selections anyway regardless of the outcome. Would be amazed if anyone but Senegal wins the Afcon now barring a terrible performance.
Brilliant job Spiersey. I went quite big on a two-fold of Brazil and Mexico myself, very decent ~6s and can only regret not backing your lovely treble earlier on! Well done.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
German Darts Masters on Friday

Gabriel Clemens to beat Raymond van Barneveld @1.90

Clemens is the second best German player and has made two Pro Tour finals this season. Barney pulled out of the latest Pro Tour weekend and by the time Friday comes will not have played for about 6 weeks. I doubt there has been much practice either as he has been on holiday to America with his new girlfriend. German Masters is a World series event so no ranking money so even less motivation for Barney and he is in 4/5 events so almost guaranteed to be in the World Series Finals.

I think the Clemens price will shorten as the match draws closer. Think he should be around 1.7

Nice on the treble and glad i followed. Must admit once Mexico scored I put my stake on USA to lift the trophy @9 as an insurance. Possibly a leak but one I was happy to sacrifice a point of the profit.

careca07

Thanks for the TDF tip mate picked up 30 quid on it which is a nice way to start the week! Great knowledge

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Thanks for the TDF tip mate picked up 30 quid on it which is a nice way to start the week! Great knowledge
No worries, glad to be of use!:)

I'm on Ewan vs Sagan @2,05 and Viviani vs Sagan @1,72 in todays stage.Todays finish is too flat for Sagan, and favours the fastest sprinters, Viviani, Ewan and my slight favourite to win, Groenewegen. Might play him to win if I find him at 3,5ish.

Flanders Devil

No worries, glad to be of use!:)

I'm on Ewan vs Sagan @2,05 and Viviani vs Sagan @1,72 in todays stage.Todays finish is too flat for Sagan, and favours the fastest sprinters, Viviani, Ewan and my slight favourite to win, Groenewegen. Might play him to win if I find him at 3,5ish.
Yeah well done on the Alaphille tip - I followed suit, although only got 4s. But a win is a win!

I’ll be following these tonight too! :)

Edit: Groenwegen - I can get for 2.75. Is that too short for your liking?

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah well done on the Alaphille tip - I followed suit, although only got 4s. But a win is a win!

Edit: Groenwegen - I can get for 2.75. Is that too short for your liking?
Yeah have him at about 35+%. Guess I should have played him yesterday, I can only find him @3.00 @ Expect, but still short so I'll pass myself.

Edit; Betsson group have Svitolina - Muchova total aces u7.5 @1.9 - that is great odds, so placed a bit on that. Around 1.66-75 elsewhere. Still not convinced by Serena W, might go against her again.

Last edited:

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah have him at about 35+%. Guess I should have played him yesterday, I can only find him @3.00 @ Expect, but still short so I'll pass myself.

Edit; Betsson group have Svitolina - Muchova total aces u7.5 @1.9 - that is great odds, so placed a bit on that. Around 1.66-75 elsewhere. Still not convinced by Serena W, might go against her again.
Chi-Ching, only 2 aces, that line was to good! Both TDF bets in as well, Viviani wins, Ewan 3rd, Sagan 4th. Groenewegen 5th, happy I didn't get the 3,50 I wanted to play him.
Had a little punt against Serena when Riske a set down @13.00, which didn't come through, but looked like it would for a bit. Still stand by my opinion that Serena is very vulnerable, if someone can just return the serve and play along the lines like Riske did for a while she would be chanceless, but none of her opponents able to do it consistantly so far...Don't expect Strycova to be able to though.

Edit; @One Night Only, yeah thinking the same, but I avoid low odds on bets like that in WTA and bet on big swings and surprises instead. In a Halep-Williams final my bet will be Halep to loose first set and win match. Nadal my bet for mens, have him 3-0 @1.9 tomorrow and 5.5 for tourno, feel strangely confident about Nadal....

In the TDF tomorrow pretty much everyone can win, so I have a punt on Naesen at 100/1, my favourite Matthews @13/1 and Bettioli(flat tire the other day) at 35/1. Could be the trick to find the ones suited to go in break, but with a weak enough total time that the teams protecting the jerseys will let them go...Odds from Bethard/Coolbet/Unibet.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Chi-Ching, only 2 aces, that line was to good! Both TDF bets in as well, Viviani wins, Ewan 3rd, Sagan 4th. Groenewegen 5th, happy I didn't get the 3,50 I wanted to play him.
Had a little punt against Serena when Riske a set down @13.00, which didn't come through, but looked like it would for a bit. Still stand by my opinion that Serena is very vulnerable, if someone can just return the serve and play along the lines like Riske did for a while she would be chanceless, but none of her opponents able to do it consistantly so far...Don't expect Strycova to be able to though.
Now is the time to get on Halep to win Wimbledon? Only 2.87 last I checked.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
German Darts Masters on Friday

Gabriel Clemens to beat Raymond van Barneveld @1.90

Clemens is the second best German player and has made two Pro Tour finals this season. Barney pulled out of the latest Pro Tour weekend and by the time Friday comes will not have played for about 6 weeks. I doubt there has been much practice either as he has been on holiday to America with his new girlfriend. German Masters is a World series event so no ranking money so even less motivation for Barney and he is in 4/5 events so almost guaranteed to be in the World Series Finals.

I think the Clemens price will shorten as the match draws closer. Think he should be around 1.7
Found him @1.95 at Expekt so having a go myself, fingers crossed bud!

careca07

Edit; @One Night Only, yeah thinking the same, but I avoid low odds on bets like that in WTA and bet on big swings and surprises instead. In a Halep-Williams final my bet will be Halep to loose first set and win match. Nadal my bet for mens, have him 3-0 @1.9 tomorrow and 5.5 for tourno, feel strangely confident about Nadal....

In the TDF tomorrow pretty much everyone can win, so I have a punt on Naesen at 100/1, my favourite Matthews @13/1 and Bettioli(flat tire the other day) at 35/1. Could be the trick to find the ones suited to go in break, but with a weak enough total time that the teams protecting the jerseys will let them go...Odds from Bethard/Coolbet/Unibet.
Mate do you think Alaphilipe might be worth backing again for stage 5? He’s at 5/1 favourite

Guessing Naesen is v unlikely, he’s 66/1

Matthews is at 11/1

Really enjoying your tdf tips!

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Mate do you think Alaphilipe might be worth backing again for stage 5? He’s at 5/1 favourite

Guessing Naesen is v unlikely, he’s 66/1

Matthews is at 11/1

Really enjoying your tdf tips!
Thanks bud. Matthews is 13/1 on Unibet, Naesen 100/1 a couple places(Coolbet??)! I don't think the others will let Alaphille go as long as he has the yellow jersey, and what he did yesterday should surely have drained him a bit I would think?

Flanders Devil

Groenwegen - I can get for 2.75. Is that too short for your likings

Great tips! I’ve followed you on the TDF again - so fingers crossed!!

My other bets ATM:
- qld origin H2H - lost
- qld line +9.5 - won
- NZ cricket - @4.0
- MS Dohni top score - @3.5
- Nadal and Fed to win to 3-0 sets @3.5

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Chelsea -3 asian and Bristol Rovers -3.5 in the friendlies coming up. Chelsea side mixed with youth but all their youth would be Bohs best players near enough. Should be a decent gulf. Bristol should be a huge gulf. Pompy played UCD earlier today and was 5-0 HT against a strong UCD side, St Mochtas are miles worse. Could go a big score if they are bothered.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Chelsea -3 asian and Bristol Rovers -3.5 in the friendlies coming up. Chelsea side mixed with youth but all their youth would be Bohs best players near enough. Should be a decent gulf. Bristol should be a huge gulf. Pompy played UCD earlier today and was 5-0 HT against a strong UCD side, St Mochtas are miles worse. Could go a big score if they are bothered.
Chelsea terrible, weren’t fussed at all.
Bristol won easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.