Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
If that's what you are into . I used to bet like that but in the end I found it soul destroyingly boring
That's a good thing if you're betting to make money though. Any emotion/enjoyment in betting (barring late goals etc) is a hindrance to profiting. Obviously, if you're betting to make a game more interesting/recreationally then it's completely different.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Baskonia has good chances to make AH+X and they have better chances than the odds are showing.

Zalgiris might not be so strong away, but they are facing Milano, who despite always having a good budget, they are regular bottlers. A small punt for recreational purposes should do.

Danny Roberts

Russia are 4/9 is there any point betting on that unless you are talking 10 grand or crazy money like that
If the odds are higher than they should be who cares? I backed Russia at 1.55 (less commission). Reckon 1.35 would have been more realistic. Scotland are SHITE. 4-0 will do very nicely anyway. I'd rather back a good bet at 4/9 than a piece of shit at 25/1 that is really more like a 100/1 shot.

Ady87

Absolutely gutted. At 1-1 went to put 50 on the Dutch to bag the winner....just about to place bet at 9/2 and they score before I get the bet on. Missed opportunity....now to make it on NHL
In play I bet O7.5 Belgium game on 75mins, Holland Next Goal, Serbia win (vs Paraguay ten men), with 2 of those selections 6/5 and 13/8, then I picked Slovakia win against Wales.

I needed Wales in one for £430 and Slovakia in the other for £605. Of course it ended 1-1.

Danny Roberts

I'm chasing so don't let me influence you.

(Do it)
Haha, it was too late, I'm on it. Seems a big price to me. England are almost flawless in qualifiers over a very long period and are way better than Czechs. France have had some issues away but Iceland's level has dropped massively. In fairness I know feck all about Albania but Turkey at home should surely beat them (surely, right?!)

Ady87

Good man :p

Haha, it was too late, I'm on it. Seems a big price to me. England are almost flawless in qualifiers over a very long period and are way better than Czechs. France have had some issues away but Iceland's level has dropped massively. In fairness I know feck all about Albania but Turkey at home should surely beat them (surely, right?!)
This is basically my thought process. I could have waited for team news but it should be straight forward. The bookies have Czechs at 5/1, Iceland 13/2 and Albania 7/1...

Withnail

Weird... Stuck a tenner on one of those odds boosts for Botafogo, Internacional and Fortelaza all to win @6.5.

Only two of the three won but they just paid out.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Albania aren't bad, decent standard of players but Turkey are improving a lot, good players in the squad now. I'm on a mix of -1 and over 2.25 in it, nothing big though, Albania changed manager recently and they're way more attacking (see the 4-2 v Iceland) compared to before, think 2/3-1 Ft.

madRedDevil07

Turkey to win against Albania @ 1.5 is a good shout, just like Russia against Scotland yesterday.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Tomorrow’s winners.....

Newmarket.
2.20 Miss Yoda (9/2)
2.55 Molatham (15/8)

York
2.40 Lampang (5/4) NAP
3.50 Aplomb (7/1)

Chepstow
3.55 Reserve Tank (4/5)
4.40 Imperial Aura (9/2)

Gamble responsibly.....

Going to be really testing going tomorrow couple of selections have never raced anything less, Molatham (GTF) Miss Yoda (GD) would concern me, the jumpers will be fine and I think Lampang will win.

With the ground worries I think the best bet would be Lampang/Reserve tank Double ( paying just over 3/1) but don’t let me put you off, betting the other selections.

Changed my Nap to Lampang because of ground worries as stated.

Last edited:

fergiesarmy1

Gutted I missed this, was there a stake allowance?
Good start to the bet!

Edit : Scratch that
Could stick what you wanted on it

Aye bloody English!

I did the special double odds offer at skybet on Kane to score a goal assisted by sterling at 9/1 (that was a max bet of £15) surprised they paid out on it. I know he won the penalty but is that really counted as an assist these days? I withdrew right quick in case they changed their mind :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
England and Portugal need to feck off forever into obscurity

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Albania aren't bad, decent standard of players but Turkey are improving a lot, good players in the squad now. I'm on a mix of -1 and over 2.25 in it, nothing big though, Albania changed manager recently and they're way more attacking (see the 4-2 v Iceland) compared to before, think 2/3-1 Ft.
Didn't account/wasn't aware that both teams seem to hate each other. Was just them kicking each other for 90 minutes :lol:

fergiesarmy1

Didn't account/wasn't aware that both teams seem to hate each other. Was just them kicking each other for 90 minutes :lol:
What say you on sterling assisting Kane being given as a win bet mate? I was somewhat surprised, don’t think it even counts as an assist in opts stats or fantasy football jibber jabberland

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
What say you on sterling assisting Kane being given as a win bet mate? I was somewhat surprised, don’t think it even counts as an assist in opts stats or fantasy football jibber jabberland
FF gives winning a pen as an assist, think it varies from bookie to bookie. I’d probably say it doesn’t count but wouldn’t complain about being paid on it!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Probably worth mentioning just in case (it's unlikely to be traded I think) but a tournament called Socca World Cup starts tomorrow. It's an amateur 6 a side competition with National Teams. Every game should be streamed on youtube. It was available for betting last year on Bet365 and it was mispriced horrifically. Was teams winning 8-0 at 2/1 etc. If it does come in play tomorrow, I'd recommend to anyone with free time to watch all the games that they can and bet them in play. It's pretty easy to work out after a couple of minutes how the game will go, just don't bet every game. It'll be impossible for me to tip any bets in it as the games are short and lots of goals etc. Like I said, probably won't be in play, but definitely worth following if it is. Figured better to mention just in case.

SambaBoy

Would punt a small amount on Melbourne City to beat Victory tonight or double chance. Odds are good @ 3.0

Victory have lost quite a few key players and haven't strengthened well. City have strengthened more wisely but have also lost some key players. They have a new manager who likes to play an exciting brand of football and I'd expect them to do much better this season.

Always tough to predict the first game of the season but I suspect the odds are based on Victory's past teams and standings rather than the merit of the two teams.

Danny Roberts

;)

England. Why would anyone bet on England? Ever?

Danny Roberts

Probably worth mentioning just in case (it's unlikely to be traded I think) but a tournament called Socca World Cup starts tomorrow. It's an amateur 6 a side competition with National Teams. Every game should be streamed on youtube. It was available for betting last year on Bet365 and it was mispriced horrifically. Was teams winning 8-0 at 2/1 etc. If it does come in play tomorrow, I'd recommend to anyone with free time to watch all the games that they can and bet them in play. It's pretty easy to work out after a couple of minutes how the game will go, just don't bet every game. It'll be impossible for me to tip any bets in it as the games are short and lots of goals etc. Like I said, probably won't be in play, but definitely worth following if it is. Figured better to mention just in case.
I won't have time but cheers anyway.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Baskonia has good chances to make AH+X and they have better chances than the odds are showing.

Zalgiris might not be so strong away, but they are facing Milano, who despite always having a good budget, they are regular bottlers. A small punt for recreational purposes should do.
Baskonia AH+5.5 was OK (Baskonia almost won the game)
Zalgiris AH+5.5 done, but was close. Small punt though.

Norway Double chance has a very tempting odd

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Sorry all about the tips today but I did say would’ve been hard because of the going, only had a small bet on Dubai icon (10/3) today

All roads lead to Ascot and champions day.

Status
Not open for further replies.