Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean claude van hire

Sorry all about the tips today but I did say would’ve been hard because of the going, only had a small bet on Dubai icon (10/3) today

All roads lead to Ascot and champions day.
You can't win them all mate, no need to apologise. I had a very small Acca on your tips today but won well with one of your horse yesterday:). Keep up the good work!

devil in me

Sorry all about the tips today but I did say would’ve been hard because of the going, only had a small bet on Dubai icon (10/3) today

All roads lead to Ascot and champions day.
No problemo! A tip is just a tip, not a guarentee! Keep em coming!

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Looking to bet against Ostapenko today, might wait and hope she goes up, or maybe 0-2 prematch. I'd trust her to give away her second kidney under any kind of scrutiny. Worry is Gauffs age and first WTA final.

Edit: Ostapenko awful as predicted, but only had a small bet prematch and live as she was never a break ahead in the game.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Dijon is a strong team at home, but beware they are facing Lyon.

AH+X for Manresa has fair chances.

A small punt on Cibona to win or AH+x

BTTS on Wales match

Small punt on Scotland AH-4.5

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Probably worth mentioning just in case (it's unlikely to be traded I think) but a tournament called Socca World Cup starts tomorrow. It's an amateur 6 a side competition with National Teams. Every game should be streamed on youtube. It was available for betting last year on Bet365 and it was mispriced horrifically. Was teams winning 8-0 at 2/1 etc. If it does come in play tomorrow, I'd recommend to anyone with free time to watch all the games that they can and bet them in play. It's pretty easy to work out after a couple of minutes how the game will go, just don't bet every game. It'll be impossible for me to tip any bets in it as the games are short and lots of goals etc. Like I said, probably won't be in play, but definitely worth following if it is. Figured better to mention just in case.
this is now on 365 schedule for tomorrow, should be traded. All the above still stands, will be worth following if possible.

Rajma

this is now on 365 schedule for tomorrow, should be traded. All the above still stands, will be worth following if possible.
Two of my teammates are playing for Lithuania in this, one of them captaining the side even. :lol: It’s been awful in terms of quality of the streaming during the first game as it reminded slideshow more than a video. Also, at one point light went off at the stadium and didn’t show up for solid 30mins. But yeah it’s definitely worth few punts in play this tournament.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
As it looks very likely it it’ll be soft/heavy for champions day at Ascot on Saturday
Here’s a few mud lovers...

1.35 One Master 7/1 ( won on very soft on Arc day last week) I actually fancy Cape Byron 8/1 though, but might have wee saver on One Master.

2.10 Star Catcher 2-1 (won on soft at the Royal meeting) strongly fancy this, The other Gosden runner Anapurna 5/1 is the the danger in this, has won on very soft, but Star Catcher beat it last time albeit on different ground

2.45 Stradivarius 4/7 ( same as Star Catcher, won at the Royal meeting), untested on very soft/heavy, but can’t see it being a problem, The Frankel colt Mekong could be be solid EW 14/1, has good form on soft/heavy, won twice.

Stradivarius.... hold off betting, Gosden to walk course before making final decision, I think he’ll still race mind you but taking a chance if betting it before.

3.20 The Revenant 4/1 ( a mud lover actually goes on anything good, v soft, heavy) a winning machine, Benbatl could be anything, saeed bin suroor said it wasn’t 100% at Newmarket last time but still won by 6l but has never won on anything less than good, so am going take chance on The Revenant I think.

4.00 Addeybb 4/1 ( again a mud lover and won at the Royal meeting this is harder but think it might be up to the task, the fav has won on heavy before but that was a maiden race alternative would be the French horse Sottass 6/1.

4.40 Lord North 6/1 ( has won on soft) got tip for it in the Cambridgeshire and it won for me so I’ll probably stick with it but a alternative could be Kynren 9/1 won on soft last time but like Lord North has a big weight to carry.

I hope that lot gives you a few winners, don’t let me put you off if you fancy something else though, that’s just my opinion hopefully it helps, be lucky.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Dijon is a strong team at home, but beware they are facing Lyon.

AH+X for Manresa has fair chances.

A small punt on Cibona to win or AH+x

BTTS on Wales match

Small punt on Scotland AH-4.5
Well...
Apart from Cibona, who had a very decent odd at AH+10.5, Manresa and Dijon failed (had both at AH+5.5 and they both lost by 9 points!)
The BTTS on the Wales match had a good odd and happened, and Scotland managed to reach the AH-4.5 confortably.

For today:

I'm pretty tempted at under 1.5 at Ukraine - Prt match. Ukraine defensive record is pretty impressive.
Iceland AH-2.5 is tempting too

Krka AH+6.5 seems reasonable, but I have little data on this match, so probably gonna wait until I get more info.
Small punt on Saratov AH+9.5 (beware because Khimki is a top budget team)

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Two of my teammates are playing for Lithuania in this, one of them captaining the side even. :lol: It’s been awful in terms of quality of the streaming during the first game as it reminded slideshow more than a video. Also, at one point light went off at the stadium and didn’t show up for solid 30mins. But yeah it’s definitely worth few punts in play this tournament.
What standard do they play? Was trying to find out last year if any play anywhere near pro level at 11 a side. Even for 6 a side teams the quality is low.

Rajma

What standard do they play? Was trying to find out last year if any play anywhere near pro level at 11 a side. Even for 6 a side teams the quality is low.
Captain used to play at pro level (FK Suduva) not so long time ago while rest have been at amateur level for most of the time. Yet we comfortably beat Belgium as they were total rubbish bar one or two players as most of their side looked like they spend more time in the pub than on the field.

Danny Roberts

Captain used to play at pro level (FK Suduva) not so long time ago while rest have been at amateur level for most of the time. Yet we comfortably beat Belgium as they were total rubbish bar one or two players as most of their side looked like they spend more time in the pub than on the field.
Seems strange bet365 are taking bets on this.

Rajma

Also, as far as I know Latvian team brought quite a few pros to this tournament so I was surprised to see them lose their first game.

Rajma

Seems strange bet365 are taking bets on this.
Very strange tbh, I didn’t even bother checking first game as I assumed (quite rightly) no one is going to be on it... Funnily, bet365 has been banned back home, will probably have to get VPN today for this as we have a game on tonight.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Very strange tbh, I didn’t even bother checking first game as I assumed (quite rightly) no one is going to be on it... Funnily, bet365 has been banned back home, will probably have to get VPN today for this as we have a game on tonight.
You couldn't bet on it until today, was too much 'normal' games on Sat/Sun for them to trade this.
Nice, Suduva decent level. Don't think 11 a side pros translate well to 6 a side generally, most of the best players in these type of comps have poor 11 a side careers.
I'm told Belgium are missing their best players (unsure why). Fun comp to watch this, was tempted to fly across to it.

M15 Red.

Had a cautious punt. Took Wales +1 Asian @1.750 after watching the opening few minutes of the match on YT. They started the sharper team. Cashed out 2nd half for 80% profit when went 2-1 up. The Belgian goalkeeper was 18 stone at least.

M15 Red.

Supposed to be Argentina vs Cyprus but Scotland vs Egypt are playing?? The Scots look awful most are struggling to move.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Had a cautious punt. Took Wales +1 Asian @1.750 after watching the opening few minutes of the match on YT. They started the sharper team. Cashed out 2nd half for 80% profit when went 2-1 up. The Belgian goalkeeper was 18 stone at least.
I bet that also, that was Wales first game; trader just guesses prices, I’m assuming he priced Belgium as faves because their National team (Hazrd, KDB etc) is better.

I've been betting unders in most games, under 5.5 is the line and there is 4 goals in most games. Should be under 4.5 at around 1.7 unless it's a big gulf like Pakistan again. Coincidentally just seen they got visas denied for some players.

Last edited:

Rajma

I bet that also, that was Wales first game; trader just guesses prices, I’m assuming he priced Belgium as faves because their National team (Hazrd, KDB etc) is better.

I've been betting unders in most games, under 5.5 is the line and there is 4 goals in most games. Should be under 4.5 at around 1.7 unless it's a big gulf like Pakistan again. Coincidentally just seen they got visas denied for some players.
Thought they’re pricing it based off the rankings?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Thought they’re pricing it based off the rankings?
A mix of that + weekend results I think, but they guessed last year for teams that hadn't played games yet against teams that had. Those rankings are just based off last years WC aren't they?

Ady87

Did O2.5 FHG in England game at 2/1 when the first went in but put it in an Acca with Portugal. Cashed out for my stake and then bet on various teams to score next, 3 of 6 already in.

England next goal 1/2 should be free money, these are shit? Would money be returned if game abandoned?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Did O2.5 FHG in England game at 2/1 when the first went in but put it in an Acca with Portugal. Cashed out for my stake and then bet on various teams to score next, 3 of 6 already in.

England next goal 1/2 should be free money, these are shit? Would money be returned if game abandoned?
Returned unless its already Won/Lost. If you bet next goal and abandoned before any goals are scored you would get a refund. If they score then it's called off, bet would still count as a winner.

Ady87

Returned unless its already Won/Lost. If you bet next goal and abandoned before any goals are scored you would get a refund. If they score then it's called off, bet would still count as a winner.
Thanks mate. My 8/1 in play bet just came in. Just weighing up Portugal/England next goal now Ukraine have 10 men, just assessing England sub impact.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Luckly didn't bet for Portugal match for personal reasons (I jinxed it anyway :yawn: )
Iceland just won 2-0, so fail
Krka actually won the game but Saratov was balancing the game until they got smashed in the 4th Quarter, so the AH failed

For today:
BTTS on Greece - Bosnia and Romania - Norway matches
Good odd on Double chance for Sweden, but beware because Spain.
Double Chance for Ireland seems slightly doable. Swiss is a team that relies too much on the counter and are in urge to get points. If they don't score soon, they might get nervous.

On basket:
PAOK is in a poor form, but they might do it at their ground
Small punt on Oostende simply because Strasbourg is in a poor form.
Small punt in Frankfurt AH+15.5 It will all depend how hard will Alba try against them.

Marty1968

Acca carried over from last night with just Bosnia to win tonight. Need a win to keep in the hunt for qualification and Greece aren't up to much.

Ady87

Needed China to beat Philippines for £465 in the Asia WC Qualifiers after they were +12 GD from the first two games. All other selections in.

Ended 0-0 with 30+ shots.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Mixed results yesterday, but on positive numbers at least:
Both BTTS on Greece and Norway games went on.
Sweden double chance also went on

Ireland double chance failed.

Everything failed on basketball, but most of them were small punts except the PAOK game (PAOK was actually wining but then got smashed 11-22 in the 4th quarter and lost the game)

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
For today:

Targetting Darussafaka match. They have a good chance to get points at Spain.
Nanterre also has a fair chance: Kazan has a better team on paper, but they lack consistency.

Small punt on Bamberg: they don't have the same budget power as before, but still a good team.
Small punt o AH+11.5 for Lietkabelis.

M15 Red.

Anyone tempted by Liverpool 4/6 versus us? Or Arsenal 10/11 away to Sheffield?
I've taken Liverpool over 1.5 team goals at a slightly better price of 8/11 instead. I think it's more likely they score twice than win 1-0 so I prefer to cover the unlikely event of us maybe scoring a couple ourselves. What could be better than Utd 3 Liverpool 2 plus a profit?

Danny Roberts

I've taken Liverpool over 1.5 team goals at a slightly better price of 8/11 instead. I think it's more likely they score twice than win 1-0 so I prefer to cover the unlikely event of us maybe scoring a couple ourselves. What could be better than Utd 3 Liverpool 2 plus a profit?
Backing United 5-0 and winning?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think Pools price is overly attractive. Their away performances has been very poor (despite results) since around March. Their home performances are completely different, I'd much rather bet them -1.5/1.75 at home to United than -0.5 away.

This season is a lucky win away to Sheffield courtesy of a Henderson blunder, they were average that game, draw was probably fair. Similar performance against Chelsea, also think a draw would be fair. They weren't playing well against Burnley until Trent scored from a cross. Were fortunate against Southampton also, wasn't a great performance and should have went 2-2 with a late sitter. Back to last season, they just managed to beat Newcastle. Was the Cardiff game where the guy missed a sitter then had a blunder to gift pool a goal. Game before that was the Southampton game where I think Pool equaliser was offside when they were playing badly? Then the Fulham game before was the Rico error late on for a pen. Can't remember the games prior to that. Essentially their away results are vastly superior to the actual performances that they are putting in. Pretty sure their previous two visits to Old Trafford came during bad form for United as well didn't they? Have a vague memory of people expecting Pool to win easily. Last season they were terrible at OT despite United having 4 injuries in the first 30 and Rashford struggling to run the entire game.

I guess you could say that Pool's results in spite of performances are a sign of how good they are but if you take their betting lines at kick off for these games then they Won v Chelsea, burnley, half loss v Sheffield United, half loss v Southampton, loss v Newcastle, refund v Cardiff, win v Saints, loss v Fulham. They've not outperformed their handicap by more than half a goal in any of these games bar Burnley.

This all being said, I wouldn't be betting United either. Price is probably about fair for me.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think Pools price is overly attractive. Their away performances has been very poor (despite results) since around March. Their home performances are completely different, I'd much rather bet them -1.5/1.75 at home to United than -0.5 away.

This season is a lucky win away to Sheffield courtesy of a Henderson blunder, they were average that game, draw was probably fair. Similar performance against Chelsea, also think a draw would be fair. They weren't playing well against Burnley until Trent scored from a cross. Were fortunate against Southampton also, wasn't a great performance and should have went 2-2 with a late sitter. Back to last season, they just managed to beat Newcastle. Was the Cardiff game where the guy missed a sitter then had a blunder to gift pool a goal. Game before that was the Southampton game where I think Pool equaliser was offside when they were playing badly? Then the Fulham game before was the Rico error late on for a pen. Can't remember the games prior to that. Essentially their away results are vastly superior to the actual performances that they are putting in. Pretty sure their previous two visits to Old Trafford came during bad form for United as well didn't they? Have a vague memory of people expecting Pool to win easily. Last season they were terrible at OT despite United having 4 injuries in the first 30 and Rashford struggling to run the entire game.

I guess you could say that Pool's results in spite of performances are a sign of how good they are but if you take their betting lines at kick off for these games then they Won v Chelsea, burnley, half loss v Sheffield United, half loss v Southampton, loss v Newcastle, refund v Cardiff, win v Saints, loss v Fulham. They've not outperformed their handicap by more than half a goal in any of these games bar Burnley.

This all being said, I wouldn't be betting United either. Price is probably about fair for me.
I would agree with this, I got on at evens so am happy to see the price go in as far as it has, though its not a bet im overly confident about. Regarding price I think they opened evens away to chelsea, which came in much lower the weeks before the game and then went out even bigger before the game, think I remember something like 2.20 or around that mark, would love something similar to happen here so I can go in again but dont see that happening, if not im happy with the price I got but expecting a close game

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Darussafka AH+2.5 failed, they lost by 3.
Nanterre AH+2.5 went well, they lost by 2 points :D

Bamberg got crushed at 1st Q and never recovered into the game
Lietkabelis almost won the game :wenger:, so was an easy AH

Had high hopes for Darussafaka and they actually lead until 3rd Q, but lost by a minimal margin.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
For today:

Santos HT (Santos needs to secure the top 4 spot in order to qualify to next year Libertadores)
CSKA AH-6 (CSKA usually gives it all in the Euroleague matches and rotate on VTB)
Real Madrid AH-6 (Zalgiris seems to be on a poor Euroleague form this season. they had lost terribly at home against Baskonia)

Small punts:
Lyon AH+9.5 (game between two teams that looks more balanced than the odds reflect, but bare in mind that Bayern has a very decent budget)

Small punt for fun on Karlovic (just because Cilic is very inconsistent)

Status
Not open for further replies.