Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
===

Yup, ok, you're basically just trading (to my mind) as with arbing the odds differential would have to exist at the time you make the initial bet. No matter what we call it, if it's working for you then so be it but by "possible arb" you really just mean it's a bet you hope to cash out of I think.
I can accept that it's a type of trading. Unfortunately betfair is not registered at PT and won't accept registrations from people living in PT either.

Yes, it's not a sure thing yet. But in a sport like basketball and having a little knowledge about the teams it helps to identify games who will probably go your way (mostly).

Can't say it's working miracles, but I get a very small margin profit, which in the end of the year will probably pay a chunk of my vacations budget.

I still do some simple betting when I think an odd is worth it.

Danny Roberts

I can accept that it's a type of trading. Unfortunately betfair is not registered at PT and won't accept registrations from people living in PT either.

Yes, it's not a sure thing yet. But in a sport like basketball and having a little knowledge about the teams it helps to identify games who will probably go your way (mostly).

Can't say it's working miracles, but I get a very small margin profit, which in the end of the year will probably pay a chunk of my vacations budget.

I still do some simple betting when I think an odd is worth it.
That's all that matters really!

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
That's all that matters really!
I guess so. It's no fun to loose money, not to mention that my missus would get really pissed if our account balance would get a single blow (she works on finance industry, so she has the numbers controlled all the time :lol: )

I think people who can actually make "real money" and make a living out of this are some sort of "genius" to me, because one needs to have extremely good knowledge and intel in order to make a hit rate above 60%

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Forgot the Dimitrov match. Good thing that he won easily.

Now following Tsonga match to check if I can trade...

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Univeridad Catolica Win v America Quito at 1.75 on Saturday. Pretty big bet for me. They share the same stadium so it isn't an away game and it's priced like that. Kicked off 1.5 in the reverse game which is the fair price in normal circumstances. However, Catolica need the win for Copa Libertadores, last game of the season. Quito got relegated midweek. Morale will be really low and no motivation. Be very surprised if they don't win.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
On Univeridad Catolica Win v America Quito at 1.75 on Saturday. Pretty big bet for me. They share the same stadium so it isn't an away game and it's priced like that. Kicked off 1.5 in the reverse game which is the fair price in normal circumstances. However, Catolica need the win for Copa Libertadores, last game of the season. Quito got relegated midweek. Morale will be really low and no motivation. Be very surprised if they don't win.
Will do it!

relx

Frnkie Sys
Not sure what's going on in the Chinese Super League. Bottom team Beijing Renhe are currently leading 1-0 at half-time against Guangzhou R&F (lost 10 out of 12 away games) but the away team are still favourites to win the game. Zahavi has been scoring for fun though so that could be a factor. Over 3.5 goals is a bit of a risk but I think it's worth a punt since both teams can't really defend well

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Am I just wishful thinking or might Villa beat Liverpool?
Had a bit of Villa @3,45 yesterday, see now that I posted in wrong thread. Anyways, assuming you mean EFL cup, I believe Villa should be favourites in the tie. Liverpool will most likely field same or weaker side than vs Arsenal. Down to 3,03 now, might hedge my stake a bit closer to the game depending on how it looks and the odds should drop further until then.

Don't think a loss in the league is far off either, we've been incredibly fortunate at times, and this kind of form realistically isn't sustainable. Tempted to start betting on Liverpool to loose a couple of EPL games on the road with this schedule and these odds.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure what's going on in the Chinese Super League. Bottom team Beijing Renhe are currently leading 1-0 at half-time against Guangzhou R&F (lost 10 out of 12 away games) but the away team are still favourites to win the game. Zahavi has been scoring for fun though so that could be a factor. Over 3.5 goals is a bit of a risk but I think it's worth a punt since both teams can't really defend well
It was fixed. It's the biggest move I've ever seen in CSL, must have been at least £5 million staked on RF today. Renhe were 0 asian last night and RF moved to -1.5 in play. Defence didn't bother trying the second half. Number 2 was trying to give away a pen all first half on Zahavi as well. The move was only possible if it was fixed as well. RF had nothing to play for and Renhe needed to win to have a chance (albeit slim) at staying up.

Danny Roberts

In the cup? Possible. League? No chance.
No chance? You'll take a bet at 20/1?

John Dooh - yeah, I definitely think you've ridden your luck on the road and it isn't sustainable (in general and especially away). If I was a Red I'd definitely start backing against you. Win/win. At 15/2 I think Villa worth a small punt.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If we do bet on the Villa Pool Carabao Cup game and Liverpool pull out, I assume the bet will be refunded?

fergiesarmy1

For the degenerates whiling away the last few hours of the week, top of the table Cadiz look a decent bet at home at 5/4 in the Spanish second division at 3 bells, home record of 16 points from 18 against Gijon with 5 from 18 away from home. Cheeky side bet on Lazano at 11/2 ew for the goals.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
For the degenerates whiling away the last few hours of the week, top of the table Cadiz look a decent bet at home at 5/4 in the Spanish second division at 3 bells, home record of 16 points from 18 against Gijon with 5 from 18 away from home. Cheeky side bet on Lazano at 11/2 ew for the goals.
Yeah already on it myself

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Wee fancy for the Wesley Ward runner Kimari 3-1 8.12 Santa Anita, ward’s got another one sane race, four wheeled drive, unbeaten but kimari owes me from Royal Ascot had£200 at 7s and stuck up 2nd.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Seen this and fancied a daft bet, hadn't had one for a few days, just went to look and realised it was a 3pm kickoff on a weekday and my head exploded. National holiday in Spain?

fergiesarmy1

Seen this and fancied a daft bet, hadn't had one for a few days, just went to look and realised it was a 3pm kickoff on a weekday and my head exploded. National holiday in Spain?
Aye - All saints day. Only spotted it myself as Fridays are slow as feck at work :lol:

fergiesarmy1

Bristol city at 7/4 look a good thing tonight, bottom of league Barnsley with 5 draws and 9 defeats in last 14 against Bristol city who can go joint top. Billy hill have also put up a happy hour special of 5/1 to win by 2 or more which I’ve tickled.

madRedDevil07

Bristol city at 7/4 look a good thing tonight, bottom of league Barnsley with 5 draws and 9 defeats in last 14 against Bristol city who can go joint top. Billy hill have also put up a happy hour special of 5/1 to win by 2 or more which I’ve tickled.
I am thinking of going with <3.5 goals and/or Bristol double chance bet

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I think I might take this Too, thanks man

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Status
Not open for further replies.