Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGT

People should be educated about cashout.
The bookies have instigated cash out to prey on the unwary.

Last year it is estimated to gain the four main major uk bookmakers nearly 300 million pounds.
Punters should regard a bet as an asset, even when a bet is going against you, it still has an asset value, right up to time it cannot possibly win.

The cashout value of a bet offered by a bookmaker is mostly, anything from the asset value-10% up to -50%,in otherwords, cashout preys on the emotions a punter. Like selling your house or car for 10% to 50% less than the true value.

It is despicable tactic by bookmakers, but they get away with it, like they do with a lot of things which are equally disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would have won a 500 today on a 12 fold if not for one selection. That one selection being Serbia to beat Ukraine, which ended 2-2 with Ukraine equalising in the 93rd fecking minute.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
My accas got shafted by Holland yesterday and now Czech Republic today against a Bulgaria side who haven't won in their last 12 games and only scored 1 goal in their last 5....until today.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Last year it is estimated to gain the four main major uk bookmakers nearly 300 million pounds.
Punters should regard a bet as an asset, even when a bet is going against you, it still has an asset value, right up to time it cannot possibly win.

The cashout value of a bet offered by a bookmaker is mostly, anything from the asset value-10% up to -50%,in otherwords, cashout preys on the emotions a punter. Like selling your house or car for 10% to 50% less than the true value.

It is despicable tactic by bookmakers, but they get away with it, like they do with a lot of things which are equally disgusting.
The most impressive part of cash out is that 99% of punters think it's an advantage to themselves. They all complain when it's not available not realising that its in their interest to not be able to cash out. Incredible invention from bookies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Would have won a 500 today on a 12 fold if not for one selection. That one selection being Serbia to beat Ukraine, which ended 2-2 with Ukraine equalising in the 93rd fecking minute.

Then there's that 0.001% of the time where a cash out is helpful. I cashed out today in the Serbia match in the 91st minute when Ukraine got a corner for £150 profit then a minute later Ukraine score.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Then there's that 0.001% of the time where a cash out is helpful. I cashed out today in the Serbia match in the 91st minute when Ukraine got a corner for £150 profit then a minute later Ukraine score.
It’s obviously a lot more than 0.001% (I’m sure you didn’t mean that figure literally m, but still). I cashed out a bet that returned £2k at £1200 earlier in the season, which was a match result + BTTS double, which was winning at 70’ mins but one team equalised in one of the games. Then there have been countless weeks where I have not cashed out between £200 and £500 and ended up with nothing. Literally countless.

That said, the Serbia game was not a good cash out opportunity as my accumulator ran up until the 19:45 games, so half of it hasn’t even kicked off yet.

binary bot

Is it much different to the structuring of bets in the first place?

If a bookie prices below the actual probability in each bet they take. The cashout is just a further layer to that. Just like sticking another team in an acca.

Although you may have a point with greater %s taken on cashouts.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Is it much different to the structuring of bets in the first place?

If a bookie prices below the actual probability in each bet they take. The cashout is just a further layer to that. Just like sticking another team in an acca.

Although you may have a point with greater %s taken on cashouts.
No, but thats why its a big advantage. The margin is the same for cash outs, so it's essentially doubling the bookies margins.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I' want to place an online bet on Sancho moving to Chelsea in the summer transfer window, but I can't actually find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Incoming fails:
Small punt on Tsitsipas: he's more motivated and Nadal will end as nº1 this year even if he looses this competition. [Win] Position closed at the end of 1st set
Over 5.5 on Denmark's match [WIN] on the limit here
BTTS Romania - Sweden [FAIL] Despite home advantage, Sweden was simply better organized
Small punt on Bayern for EL match (possible trading) [FAIL] Bayern needed a strong start to balance the game against Valencia. Simply didn't happened and got battered.
Medvedev - Zverev: this game has potential for live arbing/trading [Win] Closed the position on the first set, but in hindsight it wasn't really necessary.
Olympiakos - Zalgiris: things are not good at Greece, so... [Win] position closed at the end of 2nd Quarter. Not a big profit, through, since Zalgiris advantage was very narrow.
Not a bad night last Friday.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Is anyone else stuck on Greece? I've put a very a quite decent sum after knowing Finland was already qualified. But greeks are playing so poorly...

Withnail

Is anyone else stuck on Greece? I've put a very a quite decent sum after knowing Finland was already qualified. But greeks are playing so poorly...
I don't know much about them.

Are they the type of team that will play for pride in the last game at home knowing they can't qualify or just go through the motions?

I'd be wary the coach might use it as a chance to experiment.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I don't know much about them.

Are they the type of team that will play for pride in the last game at home knowing they can't qualify or just go through the motions?
Well... Greeks are known as a very proud people, but their current NT clearly lack team unit, because if you look at their team they have enough talent to compete for a playoff spot, minimum.

They come from two consecutive wins, but by minimal margin. I think the stadium environment will have a bigger influence on the players.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I’d be surprised if Finland haven’t been drinking since they qualified. Was surely a huge party after the game with it being their first ever qualification.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I’d be surprised if Finland haven’t been drinking since they qualified. Was surely a huge party after the game with it being their first ever qualification.
Greece odd was 2.41. I thought it had some value knowing Finland result. Now it's lower than 2.0 in a lot of bookies

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Greece odd was 2.41. I thought it had some value knowing Finland result. Now it's lower than 2.0 in a lot of bookies
yeah pretty big drop, I’ll try to find out what the players have done since the game. Finland aren’t that good anyway, if they’ve not trained or recovered properly since, Greece are probably still value at 2.0.

relx

Frnkie Sys
yeah pretty big drop, I’ll try to find out what the players have done since the game. Finland aren’t that good anyway, if they’ve not trained or recovered properly since, Greece are probably still value at 2.0.
I went for over 2.5 goals, I think it's decent value considering both teams have pretty much nothing to play for. Could be an open game

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
We (Finns, including the players) indeed partied on Friday, but the team trained normally on Saturday. I believe with a win tonight we have a chance to get an easier draw next summer... but it’s a tough one to call for sure. Think we’ll play a strong team and Greece have been truly awful...

We have such a professional and humble atmosphere (as a nation, too) in the group, starting from the coach.

Last edited:

ROFLUTION

Ireland v Denmark: dnb 2 @ 1.71

Seems value. Ireland needs to take chances, but Denmark the best crop of players and haven't lost for ages, incl. World Cup. Might be A Very physical game though, but good chances for Denmark when Ireland gets too attacking

Cpt Negative

I went for over 2.5 goals, I think it's decent value considering both teams have pretty much nothing to play for. Could be an open game
Whenever I see a Greece result, it always seems to be 1-0 or 0-0.

Don’t think they score or concede many

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Came in! I was a bit worried when Finland scored with their first shot on target.

Did you go with it in the end?
I was on it already after checking Finland result and the schedule. Was also worried because Greece underperformed heavily on this qualifying.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Basket is back and so is live trading. For today:
  • Lyon - Anadolu: a bit risky, but Lyon home record seems solid enough for the trade to happen if they make a strong entrance. Still a bit risky, though.
  • Milano - Maccabi Tel Aviv: Maccabi form is impressive this season. They seem to be back to their oldselves, but Milano is also punching above belt.
  • Galatasaray - Malaga: Very even match on paper and the odds reflect that. In theory this might be a good game for multiple trading / arbing.
  • Cedevita - Brescia: This one is a risky move because there was a fusion between Cedevita Zagreb and Olimpija Ljublana, making their team a bit stronger than last year.
Edit:
  • Small punt on DC Norway U21 vs Portugal U21: the portuguese team is not doing very well and can they do it on cold almost winter night at Norway?
  • A punt on Ireland U21 to win vs Sweden: they are doing a good campaign and if they can win this match it will put them on a comfortable position to qualify.
Edit 2:
  • Small punt on BTTS for Scotland match. They have some history to suffer goals form minnows, and bare in mind they actually got battered at Astana

Last edited:

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Why Chelsea though? :nervous:
When Sancho was a youth product at City, talk surfaced that he didn't like the area that is Manchester
With Chelsea's transfer ban, they're currently an afterthought in the media. Therefore, I think the odds will be at its peak during this moment.
Sancho would presumably have Champions League football, be situated in the Capital he grew up
In the England set up, particularly the attacking trident, there's only one place for grabs as Sterling, and Kane are players of the highest calibre. Sancho's biggest competition right now is Rashford. Playing for a Chelsea side doing exceedingly well would be beneficial, as well as the coaching which could take his game to the next level.
Willian is a contender for Chelsea's best player thus far, and he plays on the right. He wouldn't have the expectation of having an immediate impact, giving him the opportunity to take his time to adapt. And his competition would be one that's gotten to the age where Chelsea reluctantly hand contracts the player in question wants. He would have that tangible pathway, quite different to his youthful competition at City (Sane, Sterling ,Silva)

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The Japan - Venezuela friendly is having very strange events. It looks like a fixed match.

I went with a small punt for over 5.5 after the 3-0. Probably going to fail, but worth the try.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Going to risk a punt on Brazil - Korea over 3.5
Brazil pride is hurt and I think the players will want to prove something on this match.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
One more goal and the over is done...

Edit: failed, but there was enough chances to happen. The odd was good and the game was wild, did not regret taking the small punt.

Last edited:

ROFLUTION

When Sancho was a youth product at City, talk surfaced that he didn't like the area that is Manchester
With Chelsea's transfer ban, they're currently an afterthought in the media. Therefore, I think the odds will be at its peak during this moment.
Sancho would presumably have Champions League football, be situated in the Capital he grew up
In the England set up, particularly the attacking trident, there's only one place for grabs as Sterling, and Kane are players of the highest calibre. Sancho's biggest competition right now is Rashford. Playing for a Chelsea side doing exceedingly well would be beneficial, as well as the coaching which could take his game to the next level.
Willian is a contender for Chelsea's best player thus far, and he plays on the right. He wouldn't have the expectation of having an immediate impact, giving him the opportunity to take his time to adapt. And his competition would be one that's gotten to the age where Chelsea reluctantly hand contracts the player in question wants. He would have that tangible pathway, quite different to his youthful competition at City (Sane, Sterling ,Silva)
Fair enough. Dont think he'll move there at all, but at least you present the case well :D

More titles at City, better wages and more stardom at United/City who can also spend more than Chelsea, so Dortmund might just hold Chelsea out of it - Just think it's more of a fan's punt than it is realistic. Not sure Chelsea will be spending huge money on one big player anymore.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The Japan - Venezuela friendly is having very strange events. It looks like a fixed match.

I went with a small punt for over 5.5 after the 3-0. Probably going to fail, but worth the try.
Japan 1 - 4 Venezula

Going to risk a punt on Brazil - Korea over 3.5
Brazil pride is hurt and I think the players will want to prove something on this match.
Brazil 3 - 0 Korea

So close and yet so far...:nono:

buckooo1978

interesting reasoning

maybe worth a punt if odds are right

Chelsea might move on Willian and/or Pedro too

they did invest heavily in Pulisic though and we are probably talking close too 100m for Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.