Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

muller

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the odds are halved if you place an E/W bet. It also seems like you may have put 2 £5 singles rather than a double (accumulator). Did you place these on bet365 by ticking the E/W tickbox in the betslip?
Yes

You’re only getting place odds because both didn’t win.
Ah. I honestly thought only selections that didn't win had their odds cut. That's annoying!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Ok thanks for the info. So if you monitor the in play odds for these games closely enough it's fairly easy to spot a fix? Shame I missed out on this one. Only spotted your post once the 5th goal was scored. Keep the winners coming!
Fairly easy if you know the true level of the teams involved as you need to be able to work out what the 'correct' odds would be if it wasn't fixed to then compare to the current odds to work out if they're abnormal.

Regarding the bold, can see there being a worldwide ban soon on pretty much all football, going to be a complete nightmare for betting. Be annoying for me if I need to take a month off or something.

Pagh Wraith

I've also come to terms with the fact that there isn't going to be any betting for a while. I'll use the time to teach myself Java/SQL to replace my numerous spreadsheets. :lol:

MC89

Supports
Celtic
1.30. Samcro 4/1
2.50. A Plus Tard 7/4
3.30. Paisley Park 4/6
4.10 Simply The Betts 10/3

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
A punt on Manchester United to win @2.05

With a bit of risk:
Anadolu AH-10.5 @2.08 (a bit risky because Anadolu is already qualified for the playoffs)
CSKA Moscow AH-11.5 @2.04 (risky by the same reason: CSKA already qualified for the playoff round)
Baskonia AH+12.5 @1.97 decent value because despite Baskonia being fragile this season, Maccabi is a reactive team and is already qualified for the next round too.

muller

Terrible day betting yesterday, wiped day 1's profits away at the racing. Anyway, back in today with a couple of bets.

A few pennies left over so let me know if any dead certs :)

Danny Roberts

Apparently the COBRA meeting today has announced all UK football will be behind closed doors. Not sure if there is any obvious way to cash in on that? It's unclear if this will be implemented straight away.

Danny Roberts

Apparently the COBRA meeting today has announced all UK football will be behind closed doors. Not sure if there is any obvious way to cash in on that? It's unclear if this will be implemented straight away.
I'm gonna pile into Liverpool to beat Everton. Think the plan will be in place by then and the odds will surely drop.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm gonna pile into Liverpool to beat Everton. Think the plan will be in place by then and the odds will surely drop.
United to beat Spurs too I think. We may gain a small advantage by playing in front of no fans tonight so we will be a little more used to it than them.

muller

1.30. Samcro 4/1
2.50. A Plus Tard 7/4
3.30. Paisley Park 4/6
4.10 Simply The Betts 10/3
1 done, well done mate. I backed Samcro as part of an acca with a plus tard and simply the betts, and a lucky 15.

But I had a £20 free bet on Melon at 16/1.. so i'm pretty gutted!

muller

A Plus Tard price moving out.. anything to worry about? Hate the cashout options sometimes but I could already cash out for a 100% profit

muller

Ok, advice please.

Had £30 on a £15 EW Lucky 15.

Samcro has just won, also had a plus tard, paisley park and simply the betts.

All win then its £350 back, cash out already of £60.. tempted despite only being a tiny bit in.. Or am I likely to be able to win a bit more with another winner or a couple of placers?

muller

Ok, advice please.

Had £30 on a £15 EW Lucky 15.

Samcro has just won, also had a plus tard, paisley park and simply the betts.

All win then its £350 back, cash out already of £60.. tempted despite only being a tiny bit in.. Or am I likely to be able to win a bit more with another winner or a couple of placers?
Balls. A 3rd place in the 2nd race and cash out is down to £40 (£10 profit) and if both remaining horses win its £120. Stupid horses!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Every single away team will be about 0.25 of value but it’ll be corrected probably within 15/20 minutes of the news being official.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I've also come to terms with the fact that there isn't going to be any betting for a while. I'll use the time to teach myself Java/SQL to replace my numerous spreadsheets. :lol:
:lol: How long do you think it would take me to learn model based betting? I have very little knowledge of it, I do everything in my head based on what I watch etc. Wouldn’t be the worse thing for me to learn if I’ve time. I’d planned to just golf every morning and then Gym in the afternoons but it seems like leaving the house might not be possible so may as well put my time to better use.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Depending of what you do in the spreadsheets, you may just need to stick with HTML and jQuery numerous plugins which is a far more simple language.
Now, if you want to do complex stuff then yes, you'll need a more complex system.

:lol: How long do you think it would take me to learn model based betting? I have very little knowledge of it, I do everything in my head based on what I watch etc. Wouldn’t be the worse thing for me to learn if I’ve time. I’d planned to just golf every morning and then Gym in the afternoons but it seems like leaving the house might not be possible so may as well put my time to better use.
Learning a programming language is actually not that hard. Once you learn the first one, the others are a matter of syntax. Admire your patience for golf and gymn: tried both and got extremely bored with it.

I use Judo, Jujutsu and BJJ as a way to keep in shape and work my mind, but training sessions are suspended everywhere.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
A punt on Manchester United to win @2.05

With a bit of risk:
Anadolu AH-10.5 @2.08 (a bit risky because Anadolu is already qualified for the playoffs)
CSKA Moscow AH-11.5 @2.04 (risky by the same reason: CSKA already qualified for the playoff round)
Baskonia AH+12.5 @1.97 decent value because despite Baskonia being fragile this season, Maccabi is a reactive team and is already qualified for the next round too.
It sounded so easy. Made a very good profit. Couldn't understand the odd.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Had a nice win on United (-1) @ 3,40
and United HT @ 2,25

small punt on Wolves next goal @ 1,90 .. win olympikos red card

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Games a while away but on Istanbul Basaksehir Win at 1.95 in Europa v Copen. Not a big fan of Europa but looks a misprice at opening lines to me. Celtic were -0.5 away to Copen and it played out as a good bet despite 1-1 FT. They were -1.25 at home when leading the tie on Agg, would have been -1.5 asian if it was the first leg. I tend to underrate Celtic (I'm Scottish so naturally negative bias to our sides I think) but I'd have Istanbul as a slightly better team, so accounting for Bias Celtic are maybe slightly better but it's not 1 full goal better. I'd have them around 1.5 to win. I'm struggling to see any way that +0.5 can be value.
I forgot I staked til until about 5 minutes before kick off, bet won but the game was so bad. Hopefully theres no 2nd leg, no-one deserves to be put through that.
On Wolves dnb @1.85 v Olympiakos in Europa. Greece just banned fans from sporting events an hour ago. Arsenal were 0 asians away, was a nice bet, deserved the win overall. Wolves similar level to Arsenal for me. Olympiakos are a huge home bias side, great fans etc. It's a huge loss for them, think evens is fair for Wolves win. Meeting tomorrow with Uefa to confirm it but can't see it being overturned. Worst case scenario can cash out.
Refund, I didn't watch the game as was busy but heard Wolves were really poor even against 10 men until they concede. Annoying to not get paid though given against 10 men for so long.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Anybody watching Gremio v Internacional? I count 8 red cards, 4 for each team :lol:
I watched from 80 onwards.:lol:

Was hoping Gremio scored, would have been even more reds if they did. would probably have been more than 8 reds with VAR too, was impossible to work out who was throwing punches and kicks:lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I watched from 80 onwards.:lol:

Was hoping Gremio scored, would have been even more reds if they did. would probably have been more than 8 reds with VAR too, was impossible to work out who was throwing punches and kicks:lol:
Never seen anything like that :lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Hurted too many times betting on united, so don't follow this. Wish I have more faith on you.
Luck and faith is all we can have when betting at the end. You can make the almost perfect reasoning, but then the team has 2 players doing a nightmare game and all goes down the drain.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Anybody watching Gremio v Internacional? I count 8 red cards, 4 for each team :lol:
It's not that common those kind of games at Brasil nowadays, but this is a very fiery rivalry in Brazil and players got affected by that. This is one of the oldest rivalries of Brazilian league.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Had a nice win on United (-1) @ 3,40
and United HT @ 2,25

small punt on Wolves next goal @ 1,90 .. win olympikos red card
Many thanks mate. I followed your tip, but went on DC @2.05

The red card was basically Wolves player taking a meal out of a poor judgement from the defender, because there's barely any contact at all. Can't blame the ref though, because the contact exists.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Had a bet on Denver, Houston and Toronto winning their divisions, Marseille finishing second, Celtic, Bayern and Juventus winning the league and Norwich getting relegated. All on their way to win, wonder how they are going to settle that if the season isn't finished. :lol:

muller

Had a bet on Denver, Houston and Toronto winning their divisions, Marseille finishing second, Celtic, Bayern and Juventus winning the league and Norwich getting relegated. All on their way to win, wonder how they are going to settle that if the season isn't finished. :lol:
Similar mate.

Had Juve, Celtic, Leeds (blergh), Bayern, Ajaz to win the league. Norwich to be relegated. United to win the Europa.

Not as clear as yours but it was a £12k payout which I know they will just void now.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Many thanks mate. I followed your tip, but went on DC @2.05

The red card was basically Wolves player taking a meal out of a poor judgement from the defender, because there's barely any contact at all. Can't blame the ref though, because the contact exists.
Cheers mate. I Didn’t see the red card incident live. But since Olympiakos being 1-0 up and that Red card early on, I thought it would be worth a Wolves goal bet.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Regret to completely forget about CONMEBOL competitions. Because games are after midnight, they don't show up on the list of the day.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is Bundesliga still on this weekend then? Full run of games? Might just whack 300/400 down tomorrow and hope for lots of goals for last betting splurge for quite a while.

Turkey and Russia still on this weekend so a little bit to play with tomorrow (made 200 from Rangers-Leverkusen last night).

Status
Not open for further replies.