Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SambaBoy

Put decent amounts on United to win to nil against Brighton and Sheff Utd. Our defence looks solid at the moment, especially against the poor teams. The lack of a crowd probably helps too.

Pagh Wraith

You can get up to 12.0 for Southampton at home vs City in four days (+1.5 on the AH). That looks too big to me. City don't have too much to play for and will pick their battles and one of them will be their game against Liverpool tomorrow. Soton will come into the game with a full week's rest.

Danny Roberts

You can get up to 12.0 for Southampton at home vs City in four days (+1.5 on the AH). That looks too big to me. City don't have too much to play for and will pick their battles and one of them will be their game against Liverpool tomorrow. Soton will come into the game with a full week's rest.
Yeah, looks a good bet. Saints been impressive too.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Today Sporting is a good pick even the odd is @1.71

Sporting wants to show that they can improve and can be a threat next season. Plus, the players will want to secure next season place to the new manager.

Gil Vicente is in a result crisis and the staff knew by social media that they weren't going to stay next season, which brought a bit of uproar in the squad. The only game Gil Vicente won was against Aves t home, a team that lost a lot of players during Covid due to lack of funds.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Fecking Newcastle. That 95th minute 5th goal could end up costing me £740.

andy dufresne

I am pleased someone else has noticed what has been obvious to me from the outset.It is easy to post your bets and selections and wagers after the match has finished,please post them before and let us see whether you actually know your sports betting or are just an after-timer

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I am pleased someone else has noticed what has been obvious to me from the outset.It is easy to post your bets and selections and wagers after the match has finished,please post them before and let us see whether you actually know your sports betting or are just an after-timer
I'm just going to post more of my winning bets from now on so you guys stop coming in here.

The regulars post tips, sometimes post wins, and sometimes post their bad beats too.

Its you lurkers who want all these amazing free tips without contributing, like the lads in here owe you something.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm just going to post more of my winning bets from now on so you guys stop coming in here.

The regulars post tips, sometimes post wins, and sometimes post their bad beats too.

Its you lurkers who want all these amazing free tips without contributing, like the lads in here owe you something.
This always comes up like twice a year and it's always from the ones who very rarely post any tips themselves.

Feck 'em!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Didn't realise this thread was for posting your winners after the fact. Honestly.

I think everyone on here knows who the legit posters are and they are completely respected. We'll be expecting more tips from you in future then I presume?

Ole90+3

I think everyone on here knows who the legit posters are and they are completely respected. We'll be expecting more tips from you in future then I presume?
What in the hell are you 2 babbling about? I’m just commenting on the fact that folk love to post their winning bets after the fact. How does that help anyone?

I couldn’t give 2 tosses if you lose all your bets but at least have the balls to post them pre match for full transparency. I’ve not once come in this thread giving myself a pat on the back after winning a bet without having posted it pre-match

FYI I did post a winner just yesterday....and pre-match if you could believe it!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
What in the hell are you 2 babbling about? I’m just commenting on the fact that folk love to post their winning bets after the fact. How does that help anyone?

I couldn’t give 2 tosses if you lose all your bets but at least have the balls to post them pre match for full transparency. I’ve not once come in this thread giving myself a pat on the back after winning a bet without having posted it pre-match

FYI I did post a winner just yesterday....and pre-match if you could believe it!
So what? Why does that bother you so much? It's no big deal ffs! Full transparency?? Dear Lord!

PogBruno

Yesterday winners

Chelsea game - over. 1.5gv+ over 2.5c
Arsenal game - over 1.5g + over 1.5c

No losses

Ole90+3

So what? Why does that bother you so much? It's no big deal ffs! Full transparency?? Dear Lord!
It bothers me because telling people your winning bets after the fact literally contributes nothing to this thread. How are you not getting this? If they had time to post the bets after they’ve won then they had time to post them pre match

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It bothers me because telling people your winning bets after the fact literally contributes nothing to this thread. How are you not getting this? If they had time to post the bets after they’ve won then they had time to post them pre match
Teams come out an hour before the game starts. That doesn't leave much time to plan and place bets in some cases, let alone post them in here. Sometimes I even run out of time before the game has started. And nobody is going to post every single bet they do on a forum.

I suggest you either start your own thread for legitimate posters or just deal with it. Us fraudsters have been doing just fine for years as it is. (I can't believe I'm having this conversation.)

ROFLUTION

This always comes up like twice a year and it's always from the ones who very rarely post any tips themselves.

Feck 'em!
Dont feck em, respect their opinions. They're usually pretty valid. We need devil's advocates in here too, as a lot of the bets posted in here are not value-bets.

If I just play City to win every match then I'd lose money in the long run, so it's better to have few posts with value-bets from a poster than 10 x random bets, from people with a gut feeling as it loses you money over time. You basically have to know more than the market if you want to be able to beat it in the long run. Bets like Spiersey post, where half a team is missing, or not a lot of coverage is on the match. Else, all the news are usually baked into the odds and it will fall into that group of bets that will lose you money over time.

Nice value in your possession bet @Ole 90+3 btw. 1.91 was great value.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Dont feck em, respect their opinions. They're usually pretty valid. We need devil's advocates in here too, as a lot of the bets posted in here are not value-bets.

If I just play City to win every match then I'd lose money in the long run, so it's better to have few posts with value-bets from a poster than 10 x random bets, from people with a gut feeling as it loses you money over time. You basically have to know more than the market if you want to be able to beat it in the long run. Bets like Spiersey post, where half a team is missing, or not a lot of coverage is on the match. Else, all the news are usually baked into the odds and it will fall into that group of bets that will lose you money over time.

Nice value in your possession bet @Ole 90+3 btw. 1.91 was great value.
That's great, so we'll see more winning tips in here in future then. Awesome. We'd all be millionaires and bookies would be out of business if it was so simple.

Danny Roberts

If people have such sad lives that they feel need to aftertime that's down to them. Who cares? Also it's called the betting thread, not the value tips thread, so all betting is open to discussion. I don't want to get too southern (that's my PC version I've adopted over the last 5 years) but we're lucky to have Spiersey, Pagh and anyone else providing genuinely good tips and valuable/interesting insight. Expecting everyone to only post like that ain't gonna happen.

Anyway, 2.20 yesterday, I had £400 on the winner at 8s. Letting it ride today on Deadly Danny, pile in.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Kinda understand the issue here: it's pretty much like saying yesterday you scored a hat-trick playing futsal with your mates, but then you never accept offers to play futsal when someone invites you.
But I don't think the message was typed in the most elegant way, probably that's the main reason it caused the stir.

Personally I don't really mind those posts, my point on this topic is sometimes to get some feedback, either positive or negative.

Marty1968

Talking about bad beats.......anyone see the ridiculous 94th minute own goal from SPAL against Milan last night? Had West Ham, Derby and SPAL to win. Only a couple of quid on it but still hurt like feck seeing that go in. I felt the players pain falling to the floor.

But the good news is Leicester and Chelsea both lost so can't be too unhappy today.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
  • Real Sociedad is on a bad run, but their odd against Espanyol seems decent, if you bare in mind how fragile Espanyol is. @2.05
  • Same can be said about Huesca: they need points because they can still reach a promotion spot, despite their home form post-covid been poor. @2.03
  • Double Chance for Sheffield United seems a decent punt: the odds make it look like Spurs is playing well, which is not the case, but there's also the motivation problem since Sheffield United players probably already reached their season's goals. @1.98
  • ACCA Real Madrid + Roma + Bremen + maccabi TelAviv (basket) to win @4.96
Thoughts?

andy dufresne

Why don't we have a competition on here and once and for all we can see who the best tipster is. I would put my skills and abilities up against anyone and would make myself a strong favourite to come out on top. Shall we say 8-1 the field like a wide open Golf Tournament nowadays ha ha

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
  • Real Sociedad is on a bad run, but their odd against Espanyol seems decent, if you bare in mind how fragile Espanyol is. @2.05
  • Same can be said about Huesca: they need points because they can still reach a promotion spot, despite their home form post-covid been poor. @2.03
  • Double Chance for Sheffield United seems a decent punt: the odds make it look like Spurs is playing well, which is not the case, but there's also the motivation problem since Sheffield United players probably already reached their season's goals. @1.98
  • ACCA Real Madrid + Roma + Bremen + maccabi TelAviv (basket) to win @4.96
Thoughts?
Hey man, i wanted to pm you because i enjoyed your tips and from time to time we took the same ones. For example i'm thinking about the game Lazio vs. Fiorentina, the odds were just below 2 and the game was scarily close, IMO. Besides i'm betting low amounts of money, usually about 10 bucks but of course i don't want to lose money, no one does. ;)

I like your Acca apart from TelAviv, i know nothing about them. The other teams should win. Personally i'd stay the hell away from Sociedad. I picked them against Alaves and got burned and had Real Madrid to win by two or more goals, got pretty angry. Spurs had about a week rest and Alli will be back so i'm going with them to win, maybe -1 if the odds are good. Furthermore i like the odds for Liverpool not to lose, betting on them to win looks tasty too.

I like betting on handicaps, the odds go up and never had any luck with big ACCAs.

My bets:
Spurs + Liverpool not to lose + Lazio to win against Milan. (~4.5)
Spurs -1 + Liverpool not to lose (~5.9)

Last edited:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Looking at a double tonight
City - Liverpool BTTS
Atalanta - Napoli BTTS
@2,20 seems like value.

Not so sure about spurs tonight so i stay away from that. Think they might get some problem. Think sociedad Will win. They had a rough start after the break though. Like many others.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Hey man, i wanted to pm you because i enjoyed your tips and from time to time we took the same ones. For example i'm thinking about the game Lazio vs. Fiorentina, the odds were just below 2 and the game was scarily close, IMO. Besides i'm betting low amounts of money, usually about 10 bucks but of course i don't want to lose money, no one does. ;)

I like your Acca apart from TelAviv, i know nothing about them. The other teams should win. Personally i'd stay the hell away from Sociedad. I picked them against Alaves and got burned and had Real Madrid to win by two or more goals, got pretty angry. Spurs had about a week rest and Alli will be back so i'm going with them to win, maybe -1 if the odds are good. Furthermore i like the odds for Liverpool not to lose, betting on them to win looks tasty too.

I like betting on handicaps, the odds go up and never had any luck with big ACCAs.

My bets:
Spurs + Liverpool not to lose + Lazio to win against Milan. (~4.5)
Spurs -1 + Liverpool not to lose (~5.9)
Hello mate. Feel free to PM anytime.Noticed you are from Munich and I really enjoyed the city! Marienplatz and Altstadt are amazing places to visit and the Olympic Park is a must go when the good weather returns.

Brilliant minds think alike eheheheh. I might delay to response at times because I turn my focus to other activities. I also bet low amounts usually: I'm not a "professional gambler" so it doesn't make sense to make to risk big money for each punt I take.

Maccabi Tel Aviv is the strongest basketball team in Israel League and one of the best European teams. The odd is just above 1.20 because of post-covid surprises and also because with Euroleague cancelled their motivation drops.

I'm only "trusting" Sociedad because it's against Espanyol, which is a team that is basically doomed, while the basques still have something left to play for. I might refrain the Sheffiled Utd bet because their chances of loosing are still a good one, and their players probably only have avoid relegation bonus and it's difficult to keep the donkeys running without having a carrot.

The Liverpool not to loose is a good one, but my concern is that Manchester City is probably more motivated for this game than Liverpool will. On the other hand, Klopp is an extremely competitive guy, he hates loosing even in this conditions.

Having said that I like your first ACCA and going to leave a small punt on it. Cheers

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Looking at a double tonight
City - Liverpool BTTS
Atalanta - Napoli BTTS
@2,20 seems like value.

Not so sure about spurs tonight so i stay away from that. Think they might get some problem. Think sociedad Will win. They had a rough start after the break though. Like many others.
That BTTS double looks mint. Spurs before Covid would not win this game 100% sure. Now it's unknown.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
That BTTS double looks mint. Spurs before Covid would not win this game 100% sure. Now it's unknown.
Yeah I think its worth a small punt at least :)
And I agree 100%. Sheffield had some massive problems since the restart with 3 L , 1 D and are not in good form.
I dont know why but i really dont rate Mourinho’s Spurs. They Will probably do better now with Kane and Son back though. Anyway I stay away from it. Possible draw for me. I’ve seen bigger Spurs slip ups this season.

I think its the back 4 I dont rate. Tonight:
Ben Davies - Eric Dier - D.Sanchez - Aurer

Last edited:

Dinghy

Went for over 4,5 shots on target for Liverpool @2.20. Starting their strongest team and City are vulnerable defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.