Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hey man, i wanted to pm you because i enjoyed your tips and from time to time we took the same ones. For example i'm thinking about the game Lazio vs. Fiorentina, the odds were just below 2 and the game was scarily close, IMO. Besides i'm betting low amounts of money, usually about 10 bucks but of course i don't want to lose money, no one does. ;)

I like your Acca apart from TelAviv, i know nothing about them. The other teams should win. Personally i'd stay the hell away from Sociedad. I picked them against Alaves and got burned and had Real Madrid to win by two or more goals, got pretty angry. Spurs had about a week rest and Alli will be back so i'm going with them to win, maybe -1 if the odds are good. Furthermore i like the odds for Liverpool not to lose, betting on them to win looks tasty too.

I like betting on handicaps, the odds go up and never had any luck with big ACCAs.

My bets:
Spurs + Liverpool not to lose + Lazio to win against Milan. (~4.5)
Spurs -1 + Liverpool not to lose (~5.9)
Sorry guys, really thought Spurs would win after having so much more time to rest and prepare...

ROFLUTION

If people have such sad lives that they feel need to aftertime that's down to them. Who cares? Also it's called the betting thread, not the value tips thread, so all betting is open to discussion.
Its quite simple though isnt it? if you put your money on bets without value, you'll lose in the long run. I know most on here play for fun, so yeah enjoy yourselves.

Its like a machine build to ruin your wallets. The more you put in on no-value bets, the more you lose. Of course all bets are open for debate, I've never said anything else. And I like inputs. Also this is a very fair discussion to have even though some people get pissed.

Itd just be nice with some reasoning for some of the bets on here, so you can tell if it's just a gut-feeling or a great bet. Thats why the reddit threads are also shite. Of course I can look into each bet posted by a random bettor and waste my time, but I guess the point is to share bets that makes other forum-users win money. How can I tell if I should follow a bet if its just "Inter to win @ 1.78"?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Romped in lads, hope you all got on it. I posted well before the game too so you should have had time!
Saw it and meant to jump on but didn't. I'll need to look out for others around those odds though. Free kicks are usually around 20 in a game so that's crazy good odds.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Its quite simple though isnt it? if you put your money on bets without value, you'll lose in the long run. I know most on here play for fun, so yeah enjoy yourselves.

Its like a machine build to ruin your wallets. The more you put in on no-value bets, the more you lose. Of course all bets are open for debate, I've never said anything else. And I like inputs. Also this is a very fair discussion to have even though some people get pissed.

Itd just be nice with some reasoning for some of the bets on here, so you can tell if it's just a gut-feeling or a great bet. Thats why the reddit threads are also shite. Of course I can look into each bet posted by a random bettor and waste my time, but I guess the point is to share bets that makes other forum-users win money. How can I tell if I should follow a bet if its just "Inter to win @ 1.78"?
A bet is only a value bet if it wins. There's no 'value' to be gained from losing money. So you can come up with all the rationale, stats and logic you like and still lose the bet. I don't need to see a person's reasoning behind a bet unless they have some inside information on teams, fixing etc. because it means jack at the end of the day. I always assume that any bets posted in here have been researched and have some rationale behind them. People will make their own minds up as to whether a bet is worth following or not.

If people are sad enough to get their knickers in a twist just because someone has posted a winning bet, they need to get a life. People also post their near misses too. If people want to post meaningless rationale behind a bet, more power to them. People are free to put in and get out of the thread as much or as little as they want. Whatever works for them.

Pagh Wraith

A bet is only a value bet if it wins. There's no 'value' to be gained from losing money. So you can come up with all the rationale, stats and logic you like and still lose the bet. I don't need to see a person's reasoning behind a bet unless they have some inside information on teams, fixing etc. because it means jack at the end of the day. I always assume that any bets posted in here have been researched and have some rationale behind them. People will make their own minds up as to whether a bet is worth following or not.

If people are sad enough to get their knickers in a twist just because someone has posted a winning bet, they need to get a life. People also post their near misses too. If people want to post meaningless rationale behind a bet, more power to them. People are free to put in and get out of the thread as much or as little as they want. Whatever works for them.
This is very wrong.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
People need to chill out here I think. It’s a betting thread, the vast majority of people are just betting for fun and to have an interest in a game. No need to start arguments over nothing. People should feel free to post whatever they want in this thread in my opinion, whether it’s a fancy, good info or just a fun bet/acca on some games.

However I’d very much like to back the field at 8/1 here.

Why don't we have a competition on here and once and for all we can see who the best tipster is. I would put my skills and abilities up against anyone and would make myself a strong favourite to come out on top. Shall we say 8-1 the field like a wide open Golf Tournament nowadays ha ha

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
  • Real Sociedad is on a bad run, but their odd against Espanyol seems decent, if you bare in mind how fragile Espanyol is. @2.05
  • Same can be said about Huesca: they need points because they can still reach a promotion spot, despite their home form post-covid been poor. @2.03
  • Double Chance for Sheffield United seems a decent punt: the odds make it look like Spurs is playing well, which is not the case, but there's also the motivation problem since Sheffield United players probably already reached their season's goals. @1.98
  • ACCA Real Madrid + Roma + Bremen + maccabi TelAviv (basket) to win @4.96
Thoughts?
Not bad overall. But my Acca failed so bad! Only Madrid won :D

shaky

A bet is only a value bet if it wins.
If I offer you odds on a coinflip, 6/4 for heads and 4/6 for tails, heads is a value bet and tails is a mugs bet, no matter how the coin lands.

Ole90+3

Teams come out an hour before the game starts. That doesn't leave much time to plan and place bets in some cases, let alone post them in here. Sometimes I even run out of time before the game has started. And nobody is going to post every single bet they do on a forum.

I suggest you either start your own thread for legitimate posters or just deal with it. Us fraudsters have been doing just fine for years as it is. (I can't believe I'm having this conversation.)
You clearly aren’t getting my point. I’m done trying to prove something that should be so obvious.

Ole90+3

This post right here shows you have no idea what you’re talking about. If you beat the closer then that means that you’ve registered value on your bet. If you continue to beat the closing odds of your bets over time you will make profit in the long run.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
You clearly aren’t getting my point. I’m done trying to prove something that should be so obvious.
I get joy from the other regulars winning even if they didn't post the tip here. Some of them are "daft bets" just to have some interest in something.

This isn't a pro gambling forum, remember most of us are just betting for the hope of a big win somewhere. Generally just wasting money.

Also a lot of in play bets you only get short periods of time to place the bet for the value and don't have time to post here.

Ole90+3

I get joy from the other regulars winning even if they didn't post the tip here. Some of them are "daft bets" just to have some interest in something.

This isn't a pro gambling forum, remember most of us are just betting for the hope of a big win somewhere. Generally just wasting money.

Also a lot of in play bets you only get short periods of time to place the bet for the value and don't have time to post here.
If people get joy from seeing others posting winning bets after the fact then that’s fair enough. Personally I see no value in it but each to their own.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Cmon lads give me the best premium odds for the weekend. All the gambling pros hit me up :lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I think Braga -2 for Saturday has value: they still need points and goals to retain their european position and despite changing manager they are going to face a team that lost some of the main players due to financial problems caused by Covid break.

Danny Roberts

My point was more that if people want to aftertime I don't think anyone should be bothered.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I think oxford have some value tonight away to Portsmouth in the first leg of their play off. Seen them at 11/5. Draw no bet is 5/4

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think it’s a little bit risky but I’ve gone Atletico -1.5 @ 2.10

Was really impressed by them the other night against Barca and have done really well since the restart. Unbeaten in 6 winning 4 of them. They also need a few more wins to guarantee CL qualification.

Mallorca are not the best and have conceded a lot this season. Scored relatively well but the numbers are a bit padded with them winning 5-1 the other day.

Think it will be a 2-0 or a 3-1.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I agree let people post what they want, it's easy enough to decipher and make your own mind up on the content. I personally just ignore posts that start with "had" but they don't bother me.

@RedPed you should not be betting regularly if you actually believe that a bet only represents value if it wins. Actually don't know how you could be in this thread with some of the regulars for so long and still think that.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I think it’s a little bit risky but I’ve gone Atletico -1.5 @ 2.10

Was really impressed by them the other night against Barca and have done really well since the restart. Unbeaten in 6 winning 4 of them. They also need a few more wins to guarantee CL qualification.

Mallorca are not the best and have conceded a lot this season. Scored relatively well but the numbers are a bit padded with them winning 5-1 the other day.

Think it will be a 2-0 or a 3-1.
I've been impressed with them after a sluggish first game back. I think i'm going to take them HT/FT instead of the -1.5 Mallorca have conceded first half in 4 of their 6 games since the restart, the two they didn't were two bottom four sides in Celta and Leganes and both of those were at home. In the 4 they did concede first half they conceded 6 in total before HT.

Hoping Joao Felix starts after coming off the bench at Barca and then they are usually more fluent from the off too.

I was on Atletico -1,-1.5 against Alaves as the last leg of a treble and got burned by that last minute penalty so can't rule out I am being swayed towards the HT/FT route (which I regularly debate between the two in any case) but I think both are value anyway.

Going to double the Atletico HT/FT @2.0 with Fleetwood @2.1

PogBruno

Going with: Man United to score 2 or more + Arsenal not to win + BTS NO Leicester game

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I've been impressed with them after a sluggish first game back. I think i'm going to take them HT/FT instead of the -1.5 Mallorca have conceded first half in 4 of their 6 games since the restart, the two they didn't were two bottom four sides in Celta and Leganes and both of those were at home. In the 4 they did concede first half they conceded 6 in total before HT.

Hoping Joao Felix starts after coming off the bench at Barca and then they are usually more fluent from the off too.

I was on Atletico -1,-1.5 against Alaves as the last leg of a treble and got burned by that last minute penalty so can't rule out I am being swayed towards the HT/FT route (which I regularly debate between the two in any case) but I think both are value anyway.

Going to double the Atletico HT/FT @2.0 with Fleetwood @2.1
I was also looking at Fleetwood today. I was maybe going to double them up with oxford.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I like Fleetwood a lot, think they'd have gone up automatically had the season played out.
That’s the thing though, with no games in the division since March it’s really hard to call. If you look at the form for example, Oxford have won their last 5. The problem is we don’t know how their training has gone, not sure how their travel has been and being the first leg of the play offs, can’t even be sure how tentatively they are going to approach the game

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
That’s the thing though, with no games in the division since March it’s really hard to call. If you look at the form for example, Oxford have won their last 5. The problem is we don’t know how their training has gone, not sure how their travel has been and being the first leg of the play offs, can’t even be sure how tentatively they are going to approach the game
I think Fleetwood should be odds-on tonight. I'm not keen on Wycombe. 13 of their 17 away points came against teams 11th or lower. 10 of those 13 points against teams 18th or lower. Before the pause they played some of the better teams in the league away from home, P8 W1 D1 L6 F3 A16 the one win was at Bolton and that's where they scored 2 of their 3 goals in that run.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
I’ve be Patrick Sarsfield 7.45 Navan 6/4, should go close.

ROFLUTION

You should totally read up on this, its plain wrong.

Anyways, no more fuzzing and fighting (really just debating) from my side. Dont know why people see this debate as a negative thing. Debating enlightens people so its not just dump shit posted. Who knows, maybe some even considers what value actually means. Anyways, let's all cheer up its only money.

Withnail

If people get sucked in by the fake news about the Pogba/Bruno injuries in the Mirror/Mail and put money on Bournemouth, will that cause the United odds to shift or will the bookies be too canny for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.