Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm definitely going to bet good money on Chelsea beating Liverpool. They just aren't at the races and I can see them fielding a weakened team now the record is gone if they lose.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Small Punts:
Newcastle DC @2.15 FAIL
Arsenal DC @1.92 WIN
Verona +1 @2.15 VOID
Sassuolo+1 @2.20 WIN

Regular punts:
Jesus to score @1.91 (if he starts) WIN
Braga -1.5 @1.81 FAIL
Bodo/Glimt-1 & Molde -1 @2.84 HALF WIN*

Edit:
Added a smaller punt:
Panathinaikos @2.30 WIN
now a smaller one live at Djugarden scoring. WIN
small punt live in AIK to win WIN
Now this was a positive night with a sweet surprise. As Bodo/Glimt AH-1 was considered void, the double ACCA turned into a single bet since Molde won confortably.

Berbaclass

A little while away now but I spotted something in the Champions League, Juventus are @ 1.90 to qualify against Lyon. I think that is massive. Juventus are months ahead of Lyon in terms of proper match sharpness/fitness with the French league canceled and we have seen just how much of an impact that has had on teams post-lockdown.

Juve -1.5 on the AH is @ 2.20 if you fancy them to win by two but the qualification market is a little bit safer obviously.

SambaBoy

A little while away now but I spotted something in the Champions League, Juventus are @ 1.90 to qualify against Lyon. I think that is massive. Juventus are months ahead of Lyon in terms of proper match sharpness/fitness with the French league canceled and we have seen just how much of an impact that has had on teams post-lockdown.

Juve -1.5 on the AH is @ 2.20 if you fancy them to win by two but the qualification market is a little bit safer obviously.
Good spot. Yeah them odds are definitely overpriced.

shaky

I like the sound of that. I notice Leverkusen are 8/11 at home to Rangers in the Europa too. That looks big considering the last game Rangers played was the first leg they lost 3-1 in early March. 5 months between matches can't be helpful.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
For those who have access to bookies with number of yellow cards bets, Getafe - Atletico is a good choice for this market.

Small punts:
Osasuna AH+2 @1.98
Sevilla DNB @2.04
Under 2.5 Valencia - Espanyol @1.88
Leeds AH-2 @2.25
Norrkoping - Orebro BTTS @1.99
Real Madrid HT/FT @2.05
Manchester Utd AH-1.5 @1.96

Regular punts:
Bilbao @1.95
Martial to score @2.30
Southampton @2.20

edit: punt on Greenwood to score @2.30

Last edited:

Withnail

For those who have access to bookies with number of yellow cards bets, Getafe - Atletico is a good choice for this market.

Small punts:
Osasuna AH+2 @1.98
Sevilla DNB @2.04
Leeds AH-2 @2.25
Real Madrid HT/FT @2.05

Regular punts:
Bilbao @1.95
Martial to score @2.30
Southampton @2.20

Is Greenwood fit to play?

Word was his ankle had blown up after the tackle the other night.

Marty1968

I’m definitely interested in Southampton @ 2.20 at home to Brighton
Yeah can't work out why Southampton are such long odds at home to a team that have been pretty poor since returning. Southampton looked sharp on Monday night and will have the last minute equaliser to boost their confidence into this game. May also go big on this, plus Leeds to win

PogBruno

Small punts:
Osasuna AH+2 @1.98
Sevilla DNB @2.04
Leeds AH-2 @2.25
Real Madrid HT/FT @2.05

Regular punts:
Bilbao @1.95
Martial to score @2.30
Southampton @2.20

6 or more yellows currently at 1.6 - do you think it's a good price??

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
6 or more yellows currently at 1.6 - do you think it's a good price??
If you bare in mind the average of yellow card just for Getafe in the last 5 matches, I would say yes :D
The challenge here is to evaluate the impact on the suspended players on the discipline sheet. The Getafe - Villarreal match was terrific in this aspect :D

SambaBoy

Everton home win vs villa @2.2?
More tempted to go for Villa for the price. They picked up their first win, and need to win their remaining games to stay up. Everton have been poor since the restart and they have nothing to play for.

PogBruno

If you bare in mind the average of yellow card just for Getafe in the last 5 matches, I would say yes :D
The challenge here is to evaluate the impact on the suspended players on the discipline sheet. The Getafe - Villarreal match was terrific in this aspect :D
Ok thanks mate - I will then watch the first few minutes and decide

Danny Roberts

Everton have been woeful, really, really bad, in some games of late.

As for leeds, they are always a danger as they can't take chances. I ceretainly would't back them -2 as they very rarely win by 2 or more.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've started using the bet builder on bet365 for single bets on over and under things like free kicks, or throw ins, some great value tbh

Berbaclass

I've started using the bet builder on bet365 for single bets on over and under things like free kicks, or throw ins, some great value tbh
I use it tactically sometimes. If you do a team to win and over 2.5 for example in the bet builder it applies the two goal payout but if you do the same bet in the goals section it doesn’t. Saved me once or twice!

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Small punts:
Osasuna AH+2 @1.98
Sevilla DNB @2.04
Leeds AH-2 @2.25
Real Madrid HT/FT @2.05

Regular punts:
Bilbao @1.95
Martial to score @2.30
Southampton @2.20

A mediocre night overall, with the small punts saving it from being disastrous. A small loss on the budget,but a loss nonetheless.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Aves will be a good thing to place your bets in advance, before the bookies adjust. Aves is loosing players day by day due to lack of funding (Covid break destroyed the club's finances), and they will pick a team basically based on the U23 team onwards. Unless someone gives them a bonus prize for them to show up at last matchday (is a vital match for Portimonense and their opponents will want them to loose).

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Acca lost annoyingly. Was value in every game so far still.

Hopefully under 3.5 in La Houston wins tonight.
Think under 3.5 in this was one of my worst ever bets, game was completely crazy from the start.

Had some on Derby on Sunday, players all went to the stadium last night and got hammered. Friend of a friend plays for them and apparently most were fecked. Don't think they care about winning the league, assume they'll be hungover today, should still be feeling it on Sunday. Shame Derby are realistically playing for nothing. Just a small bet as Championship is horrific for betting, should be good though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Chris Wood to score @ 2.5

Scored twice in the reverse fixture. He's a beast in the air while Norwich struggle aerially. Think Norwich are going to get bombarded with crosses from both open play and set pieces.

Ady87

Did a £20 Acca on Blackburn, Swansea, Preston, Fulham, Atalanta and Milan to return £710 including the 15% bonus from B365. Special mention to Bristol for missing a penalty versus Swansea.

Atalanta 0-0 half time away at Verona and Milan not kicked off yet. Cash currently £220, going to hang on.

Cash out jumped to £340 with the goal then back to £165 when they conceded. Think I’m all in at this point, hope they bring on their top scorer...

Last edited:

Ady87

Did a £20 Acca on Blackburn, Swansea, Preston, Fulham, Atalanta and Milan to return £710 including the 15% bonus from B365. Special mention to Bristol for missing a penalty versus Swansea.

Atalanta 0-0 half time away at Verona and Milan not kicked off yet. Cash currently £220, going to hang on.

Cash out jumped to £340 with the goal then back to £165 when they conceded. Think I’m all in at this point, hope they bring on their top scorer...
1-1, should have took it at £370 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.