Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

M15 Red.

Both teams to score in the FA Trophy replay tonight between Fylde and Ramsbottom looks ok @2.10. The reverse fixture last week finished 5-5. Fylde are heavy favourites but hopefully Ramsbottom can nick one.

haram

2/1 Utd, 11/8 Liverpool for the game at Old Trafford this weekend? I was expecting us to be marginal favs after the last couple of months.
We beat Liverpool last season by being direct and then we were quite deep second half. I expect us to set up differently this year, difficult one to call. Obviously cant rule out the draw either.

shaky

We beat Liverpool last season by being direct and then we were quite deep second half. I expect us to set up differently this year, difficult one to call. Obviously cant rule out the draw either.
Liverpool at 11/8ish just seems really short considering that they'll probably be happy with a draw and we're unbeaten in a while. I was actually considering an insurance bet on them but was expecting 2/1+. Just can't see how they win this tie 40% of the time.

Big Andy

Bloke
gone for United to win, over 5 corners, over 1 goal and under 8 cards at 11/5 for my qualifying bet.

Thinking 2-1 United in play.

Got 2-0 Pogba FGS (66/1) and United 3-1 (20/1) on Sky Bet too.

M15 Red.

Leeds U23 in play draw no bet @1.91. Over 0.5 match goals is another to consider in about 10 mins.

Pagh Wraith

Liverpool at 11/8ish just seems really short considering that they'll probably be happy with a draw and we're unbeaten in a while. I was actually considering an insurance bet on them but was expecting 2/1+. Just can't see how they win this tie 40% of the time.
Not sure they can be happy with a draw. Not sure United can be. And as impressive United have been dispatching bad teams under OGS they have also been very lucky to come away with three points and more importantly a clean sheet against the two better sides they've faced (Spurs, Leicester). I will probably be looking at the goal markets primarily.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Not sure they can be happy with a draw. Not sure United can be. And as impressive United have been dispatching bad teams under OGS they have also been very lucky to come away with three points and more importantly a clean sheet against the two better sides they've faced (Spurs, Leicester). I will probably be looking at the goal markets primarily.
Agree with this, I'll avoid United against top teams until i forget that 2nd half against Spurs. However, I will back United on Sunday, as I unfortunately think nerves will get the better of Liverpool in the run in. You can just feel the tension in the stands at any hint of difficulties now :(

Think Bristol City is a great bet tonight, went 50€ @1,9 now, might put in a bet on PSG getting some kind of a result if odds keep improving.

Marty1968

Yeah Bristol City a good shout tonight. Have done them with Hull, Birmingham, West Brom, Doncaster, Sunderland and Oldham in a bit of a long shot. About 18/1 I think.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Over 6 Goal Line in the Dundee - Dundee Utd Reserves game at evens. United are 5-0 up, playing a very strong line up, and Dundee's is alright too. Should be at least another goal in this.

7-0 with ten minutes to spare. Made a decent amount on this game, there'll probably be another goal but I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead. Incredibly, Utd were 7/4 to win before kick-off. Goes to show there's plenty of money to be made if you put the effort into researching these kind of games.

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Over 6 Goal Line in the Dundee - Dundee Utd Reserves game at evens. United are 5-0 up, playing a very strong line up, and Dundee's is alright too. Should be at least another goal in this.

7-0 with ten minutes to spare. Made a decent amount on this game, there'll probably be another goal but I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead. Incredibly, Utd were 7/4 to win before kick-off. Goes to show there's plenty of money to be made if you put the effort into researching these kind of games.
United were 1/3 at kick off, they opened 7/4 on some books last night but prices got smashed last as it got leaked they'd have first teamers.

Red Star One

Boy, I really need to start refreshing this thread 24/7 :lol::lol::lol:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
United were 1/3 at kick off, they opened 7/4 on some books last night but prices got smashed last as it got leaked they'd have first teamers.
Did you manage to get on before the prices got smashed?

Boy, I really need to start refreshing this thread 24/7 :lol::lol::lol:
To be fair there are only a few people on here worth following closely (I'm definitely not one of them, although occasionally I'll stumble upon some decent bets like today when I bother to put a bit of effort in).

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Did you manage to get on before the prices got smashed?

To be fair there are only a few people on here worth following closely (I'm definitely not one of them, although occasionally I'll stumble upon some decent bets like today when I bother to put a bit of effort in).
Nah, I got sent info last night from a friend of a player but odds had already dropped to 1.8 for Win and wasn't sure if it was value as don't follow the league closely and was a new source so wasn't sure how reliable. Big error in hindsight :lol:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Nah, I got sent info last night from a friend of a player but odds had already dropped to 1.8 for Win and wasn't sure if it was value as don't follow the league closely and was a new source so wasn't sure how reliable. Big error in hindsight :lol:
I suppose you could argue the bigger error would have been to back it if you didn't have the knowledge to know if it represented value or not, even if it transpired to be. I wish I had your restraint and rationality when it comes to betting but I suppose that's the difference when I do it casually and you do it for a living

worldgonemad

Thoughts on either solihull moors tonight or bristol city anyone ? Tempted by solihull but bristol city seem in such good form at the moment

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I suppose you could argue the bigger error would have been to back it if you didn't have the knowledge to know if it represented value or not, even if it transpired to be. I wish I had your restraint and rationality when it comes to betting but I suppose that's the difference when I do it casually and you do it for a living
My restraint seems a lot better on here than what it probably is in reality although compared to the other full timers I bet with daily, I'm definitely more disciplined than most I guess but still have days where I lose head and tilt. I do try a lot of different stuff though to reduce it, meditation, more exercise etc. It's incredible the difference a clear head makes, even to the average punter.

Pagh Wraith

Really looking forward to the CL ties tonight. I just do not trust PSG in these type of games. I say this every season but the lack of competition domestically really hurts them in Europe and it not easy to step up a level when you're only asked to do it a few times per season. They were second best in both games vs Napoli in the group stages as well and their away record in CL knockout ties is really bad. That being said I have reservations about United and their recent run as well (see above) and they have yet to convince me in a big game this season. I suspect OGS might be looking for an early goal again and then soak up the pressure. That could backfire and they cannot concede chances like they did against Spurs for example. No bet for me pre but maybe in-running.

In the other game I expect a cautious approach from Porto as they're missing almost their entire front line and have to re-shuffle. Roma's league form has picked up recently and they have only lost one of their last ten (away to Juve) but lost their heads in the cup vs Fiorentina and conceded seven. They certainly have some unpredictability about them and their games rarely fail to entertain. They are without Ünder and Schick which might open to door for El Sharaawy who's been in fine goalscoring form recently when he played. Really tempted by the 3.2 on offer for him to score at any time.

Pagh Wraith

Do you think United to score over 1.5 @ 2.130 is decent value?
Probably not. The expected total is roughly 2.7 goals of which United are expected ~1.5 on average (going by the handicap markets). That gives us fair odds for United to score over 1.5 in the region of 2.2.

Jagga7

United to win @2.3
and dipped into the Scottish League 2 for Stirling -1.5 vs Albion @1.9. Albion have been woeful and Stirling in a good run of form and also won 5-0 when they met earlier.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
11/10 with Bet365, you reckon it's worth it pre-game?
Yeah it's good, was rumoured all day Salford would be weak so price been dropping but 11/10 still seems good. I'm not clued up on lower English really but its 4 u18s and really bad squad players. Was a 4.5 hour drive as well, pretty sure they want to lose here going by the lineup, they'll want to focus on league. Astro pitch as well so decent home bias.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Yeah it's good, was rumoured all day Salford would be weak so price been dropping but 11/10 still seems good. I'm not clued up on lower English really but its 4 u18s and really bad squad players. Was a 4.5 hour drive as well, pretty sure they want to lose here going by the lineup, they'll want to focus on league. Astro pitch as well so decent home bias.
Ok cheers, I've put a small stake on it. Had a look on Twitter and Maidstone's line-up is barely changed from their prior league game so I'm guessing it's their first XI, and I also noticed they play on an artificial turf. Can tell just by looking at the squad numbers for Salford that it's a very fringe side :lol: with a potential game at Wembley up for grabs I'm hoping Maidstone will be up for this, in contrast to Salford as you suggest

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Ok cheers, I've put a small stake on it. Had a look on Twitter and Maidstone's line-up is barely changed from their prior league game so I'm guessing it's their first XI, and I also noticed they play on an artificial turf. Can tell just by looking at the squad numbers for Salford that it's a very fringe side :lol: with a potential game at Wembley up for grabs I'm hoping Maidstone will be up for this, in contrast to Salford as you suggest
Its strongest side bar 2 players who are cup tied. Nice start with an early goal, been dominating on radio as well.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Its strongest side bar 2 players who are cup tied. Nice start with an early goal, been dominating on radio as well.
Nice comfortable win that one, cheers.

Herrera to be booked. In fact, anyone to be booked!
Got on this myself at 5/1 with my free in-play bet. Can't stand refs like that but it provides some opportunities betting wise, there was a handful of players I was considering at HT to bet on and all but one (Young at 14/1) would have won.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Got on this myself at 5/1 with my free in-play bet. Can't stand refs like that but it provides some opportunities betting wise, there was a handful of players I was considering at HT to bet on and all but one (Young at 14/1) would have won.
Herrera was a clever bet due to young being booked already and matic not able to afford a booking. Glad you got on it!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

No worries.

On Barcelona SC -1.5 V Defensor. Barca beat them 2-1 away but Perez was ineligible so been overturned to a 3-0 defeat. Will be a huge crowd and an incredible atmosphere, I think they'll still go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.