Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
No worries.

On Barcelona SC -1.5 V Defensor. Barca beat them 2-1 away but Perez was ineligible so been overturned to a 3-0 defeat. Will be a huge crowd and an incredible atmosphere, I think they'll still go through.
Is it worth backing at 3/4 or did you get on at better odds? It baffles me at this level how teams feck up and field ineligible players.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Is it worth backing at 3/4 or did you get on at better odds? It baffles me at this level how teams feck up and field ineligible players.
I took 1.9, I've got correct odds for -1.5 around 1.6 so small value in 1.75, might rise quickly in play.
Yeah it's weird, happened like 3/4 times last year. They changed to some new system in Conmebol for historical bans which confused teams, think they changed the rules this season. Perez apparently wasn't even registered, unsure how it's possible to happen.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I took 1.9, I've got correct odds for -1.5 around 1.6 so small value in 1.75, might rise quickly in play.
Yeah it's weird, happened like 3/4 times last year. They changed to some new system in Conmebol for historical bans which confused teams, think they changed the rules this season. Perez apparently wasn't even registered, unsure how it's possible to happen.
Ok cheers, think I'll leave this one in-play before backing anything. I guess we're too used to football manager games which automatically sort all this crap out for you, in reality there's probably a ton of paperwork involved and administrative hoops you need to jump through. Still, with this much money involved, surely shouldn't be too hard to get it right.

Odds actually shifting slightly towards Defensor, 1.825 now.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Ok cheers, think I'll leave this one in-play before backing anything. I guess we're too used to football manager games which automatically sort all this crap out for you, in reality there's probably a ton of paperwork involved and administrative hoops you need to jump through. Still, with this much money involved, surely shouldn't be too hard to get it right.

Odds actually shifting slightly towards Defensor, 1.825 now.
People are backing Defensor because they think Barcelona don't need to win.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
People are backing Defensor because they think Barcelona don't need to win.
:lol:

Can't find a stream unfortunately so I'm probably gonna leave it, aside from a little punt on Barcelona to score in both halves at evens.

M15 Red.

Leeds U23 in play draw no bet @1.91. Over 0.5 match goals is another to consider in about 10 mins.
Aye the over 0.5 match goals landed but unfortunately not for Leeds. They were still on top and still a fair price for dnb 2nd half even with Izzy Brown departing after 45mins but Wednesday broke from a corner and notched from their only shot on target. I covered both lines in the end for a small loss.

But recouped on Fylde vs Ramsbottom both to score... and Maidstone to beat Salford thanks to this thread.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Backed the Maple Leafs in R @ 2.0. Thought it was too good to turn down against a Avalanche team who had lost 7 in a row.

IrishGlen

Real Madrid win is now @ 2.0 :eek:

Bet of the week right there IMO
Agree. They’re gone a bit higher now @ 2.05! There’s definitely decent money to be made tonight - Real - 1 / Real to win & BTTS are decent value too!

Dortmund to beat Spurs and Real to win is 7.38 so I’m going to have a bit of that too!

theralyst

Real Madrid win is now @ 2.0 :eek:

Bet of the week right there IMO
That seems like a trap, but I don't see how. Ajax have fallen off recently, and Madrid have picked up. And just like yesterday with us against PSG, there's a big difference in talent and experience between the teams. Not to mention Ajax have a shit record against Madrid, and Madrid always turn up for the CL. So an Ajax win then?

Danny Roberts

That seems like a trap, but I don't see how. Ajax have fallen off recently, and Madrid have picked up. And just like yesterday with us against PSG, there's a big difference in talent and experience between the teams. Not to mention Ajax have a shit record against Madrid, and Madrid always turn up for the CL. So an Ajax win then?
If we all pile into Madrid Ajax are definitely nailed on!

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I wouldn't back Madrid with any confidence. They've definitely picked up and Ajax haven't looked as good in recent weeks but at the moment I still feel Madrid are a team best left alone. Ajax emerged unbeaten against both Bayern and Benfica from the group, they have the players to unsettle Madrid's defence and it wouldn't be a shock if they scored first. Best to leave any bets for this one in-play in my opinion.

Pagh Wraith

Here are some of Real's closing prices for the -0.5 handicap in away games this year:

vs Atletico: 2.93
vs Espanyol: 1.65
vs Girona: 1.62
vs Betis: 2.33

That really doesn't make me want to back them at evens against Ajax in a game they don't have to win.

Marty1968

Gone for Madrid and Stoke City double. Madrid have played better the past couple of weeks and think Stoke will raise their game tonight for obvious reasons.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
If we all pile into Madrid Ajax are definitely nailed on!
Amen brother! I am on it too, for 50€ :wenger:

I like the Brentford-Villa game for O2,5 as well. Did good yesterday with Brentford and a CL double, even in the NHL I was 6 for seven, so guess bad news is around the corner.

Speaking of the NHL, to test bit I am betting smaller and in 3 categories, to try and see which approach gives me the best chance, Roughly Form/class and a single pick of the day. Will post if a trend shows over time.

Really like goals in the Villa game tonight, and am 50€ on O3.0 @2,05, also starting to like Spurs - Someone please slap me!:lol:

BTW, changed my username for paranoid reasons! :smirk:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pagh Wraith

Championship bets:

Brentford v Villa, Villa 0.25, 1.75 units @ 2.09
Ipswich v Derby, Ipswich 0.5, 1.5 units @ 2.17
Preston v Norwich, Preston 0, 1.5 units @ 2.04
Sheffield Utd v Middlesbrough, Sheffield -0.5, 1.75 units @ 2.06
Wigan v Stoke, Wigan 0, 1.75 units @ 2.03

Berbaclass

Here are some of Real's closing prices for the -0.5 handicap in away games this year:

vs Atletico: 2.93
vs Espanyol: 1.65
vs Girona: 1.62
vs Betis: 2.33

That really doesn't make me want to back them at evens against Ajax in a game they don't have to win.
I think Madrid will want to try and win this tie tonight as they play Barcelona twice in a week before the second leg so they’re going to put a lot into those two games. Logic says they will want a lead to take home.

Berbaclass

I wouldn't back Madrid with any confidence. They've definitely picked up and Ajax haven't looked as good in recent weeks but at the moment I still feel Madrid are a team best left alone. Ajax emerged unbeaten against both Bayern and Benfica from the group, they have the players to unsettle Madrid's defence and it wouldn't be a shock if they scored first. Best to leave any bets for this one in-play in my opinion.
To be fair Ajax played Bayern at probably the best time they could when they were struggling. It’s not quite the same comparison to now with this Madrid team that just won at the Wanda. I’d expect them to match Benfica but Real Madrid are one of the better teams in the competition and a class above this Ajax team.

Berbaclass

Like St. Etienne at home @ 1.90. No missing players and Strasbourg are missing a few key players (Lala and Martin and then Thomasson & Ajorque are benched). St. Etienne have the 3rd best home record in the league behind only PSG and Lille.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Had some on Melb City -0.25 on Friday v Newcastle. Newcastle flying to Japan 5am Saturday, manager said no players from ACL games going to be playing. If he keeps to his word, it'll be their u21 side who aren't great anyway. Would expect it to end at least 4-0 if its as bad as expected.

Berbaclass

Had some on Melb City -0.25 on Friday v Newcastle. Newcastle flying to Japan 5am Saturday, manager said no players from ACL games going to be playing. If he keeps to his word, it'll be their u21 side who aren't great anyway. Would expect it to end at least 4-0 if its as bad as expected.
Very interesting. Will definitely have a look, cheers!

Melbourne should probably beat the Jets anyway so looks a very interesting bet now!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Very interesting. Will definitely have a look, cheers!
It's currently getting obliterated. I've staked now and will trade out if lineups are strong. Can't see it though, ACL always the priority, and it's suicide to play any first teamers here.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Also having a very rare mainstream bet on Over 2.25 in Spurs Dortmund. Dortmund games usually have the line set at 3/3.25. A full goal lower is too big of drop for me. Neither side are good defensively, Spurs definitely got enough up top to trouble Dortmund and Dortmund should be brutal on the counter. Cue 0-0.

Jagga7

Like St. Etienne at home @ 1.90. No missing players and Strasbourg are missing a few key players (Lala and Martin and then Thomasson & Ajorque are benched). St. Etienne have the 3rd best home record in the league behind only PSG and Lille.
:drool: St Etienne at home, cashed many a time with them this season!

Jagga7

Bet on Derby to beat Ipswich at 1.85. Derby have rotated some players but I they still should have enough to beat Ipswich who are desperately struggling.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Not looking good, saved by VAR in Amsterdam so far, on Madrid for 50€, and 20€ ACC Leeds -1.5 & Villa o3.0......

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Also having a very rare mainstream bet on Over 2.25 in Spurs Dortmund. Dortmund games usually have the line set at 3/3.25. A full goal lower is too big of drop for me. Neither side are good defensively, Spurs definitely got enough up top to trouble Dortmund and Dortmund should be brutal on the counter. Cue 0-0.
Love this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.