Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Had a fiver on Wolves at HT at 18/1. Incredible odds really. Anyone watching the first could see City were not at it. Created nothing all game and Wolves had three clear chances in the first half alone.
Threw a cheeky 15 on Wolves to win @21 for the crack before the game myself. Couldn't believe it :lol:

Ady87

Did £100 on Barca/Juve to return £405 and cashed for £340. Makes up for loads I’ve squandered this week. If I can stop £10 Multiples twice a day I’ll be fine, that’s the third larger double I’ve won this week and still only £200 up.:nervous:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
FMP with an excellent odd to win or to at least make an AH+X. Krka is in a better results streak, but FMP has the edge of playing in a more competitive league.

fergiesarmy1

Did £100 on Barca/Juve to return £405 and cashed for £340. Makes up for loads I’ve squandered this week. If I can stop £10 Multiples twice a day I’ll be fine, that’s the third larger double I’ve won this week and still only £200 up.:nervous:
I was going to do a similar double last night but fell into the special treble offer at 8/1 with Lyon trap :mad:

Withnail

Did well this weekend.

After the small punt on Wolves unexpectedly came in, I had Liverpool to win once it went out to 1.6 in play and I had Barca to win/>1.5/Messi anytime @ 2 (I reckoned Messi was due a goal as he hadn't got one since coming back into the team).
A double on River Plate -1 and Boca ML @3.2 came in last night as well.
Lost a couple of small ones along the way and two decent sized ones as Fulham let me down and I stupidly trusted the French to beat the spread against Tonga but up a fair bit over all.

Marty1968

Another tough weekend at the office. Bloody Swansea!
How is it that one banker misses out each week? Same with NFL results these first few weeks as well. Bad weekend on both forms of football for me. Also how did i not put my house on Newcastle. We are truly awful at the moment and could only see one winner before the game yet i didn't put anything on it.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Friday, 3.35 Newmarket Quadrilateral, can’t see this being beaten

M15 Red.

Another tough weekend at the office. Bloody Swansea!
Aye was a tough one. Torino failing to score at home in the league for the first time since last Christmas hurt me a bit as did De Graafschap failing to score at home in the Eerste Divisie for the first time in almost a decade. Backing against Utd seems the only logical bet atm.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
João Sousa is in a poor form, but I think he can make it.
Murray deserves a punt, since Fognini is far from being in good physical conditions (going to get surgery at the end of the season)
Small punt o Ramos vs Federed to atempt an arb.
Punt at Under 160.5 at Darussafaka match
Small punt Tofas to atempt the arb
Brescia has a good chance againt Joventut. The spanish team is in a very poor run. Small punt wont harm
Anwil AH +15.5

Danny Roberts

Aye was a tough one. Torino failing to score at home in the league for the first time since last Christmas hurt me a bit as did De Graafschap failing to score at home in the Eerste Divisie for the first time in almost a decade. Backing against Utd seems the only logical bet atm.
Agree with backing against United, if only to soften the inevitable disappointment!

Withnail

Has Sth Africa -51 at evens and they are already 40-0 up with 5 mins of the first half left.

Edit: 47-0 at Half-time and Canada are down to 14.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
João Sousa is in a poor form, but I think he can make it. [FAIL]
Murray deserves a punt, since Fognini is far from being in good physical conditions (going to get surgery at the end of the season) [WIN] Closed my position at 2nd set 1-1
Small punt o Ramos vs Federed to atempt an arb. [FAIL]
Punt at Under 160.5 at Darussafaka match [WIN] 137
Small punt Tofas to atempt the arb [WIN] Tofas was winining 15-27 at 1Q
Brescia has a good chance againt Joventut. The spanish team is in a very poor run. Small punt wont harm [FAIL] Balanced game until HT, but went downhill
Anwil AH +15.5 [FAIL] despite Anwil having a much better team, the PD was just 7
On a good run on the basketball picks. Not so god on tennis, though.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
CSA - Internacional: I think Internacional odd in the game vs CSA is pretty good. I know Internacional is a cautious team that win a lot of games by minimal margin, but CSA is a team that will probably get demoted.
Botafogo - Goias: these teams score few goals, so the chance of a under 1.5 is not bad. A small punt will probably not hurt.

On basketball:
Monaco has a fair chance to make an away result, but beware that Promitheas is a team that managed to get a 2nd place in 18/19 regular season
Rytas has also a fair chance to make an way result at Limoges, but the french team budget might give them the edge.
Zadar might do it at Zagreb. Cibona is doing a poor season start and Zadar is tough team to beat.

Withnail

Scotland beat the spread this morning. I had them at -33 @ 2.

They don't seem to be watching the in-game handicaps too closely, as when they had scored to go 40-0 with 15 mins to go you could still get them to win by 52pts @ 2 so I put another medium stake on that.

It was 61-0 in the end so I'm up for the day even though Argentina went much bigger than I expected. I had thought it would be a lower scoring game and wasn't expecting more than 49 total pts.

I reckon Wales can win by more than the 17 pts in the next game @ 2 and have a small punt on North to score a try in the first 10 mins @ 13

Last edited:

Withnail

Scotland beat the spread this morning. I had them at -33 @ 2.

They don't seem to be watching the in-game handicaps too closely, as when they had scored to go 40-0 with 15 mins to go you could still get them to win by 52pts @ 2 so I put another medium stake on that.

It was 61-0 in the end so I'm up for the day even though Argentina went much bigger than I expected. I had thought it would be a lower scoring game and wasn't expecting more than 49 total pts.

I reckon Wales can win by more than the 17 pts in the next game @ 2 and have a small punt on North to score a try in the first 10 mins @ 13
Well that didn't go to plan with Wales having two men in the bin, but broke even as I put two other in plays on when Wales were 10-0 down; to be leading at Half time and to Win -10. One more try and conversion at the end would have done it.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
CSA - Internacional: I think Internacional odd in the game vs CSA is pretty good. I know Internacional is a cautious team that win a lot of games by minimal margin, but CSA is a team that will probably get demoted.
Botafogo - Goias: these teams score few goals, so the chance of a under 1.5 is not bad. A small punt will probably not hurt.

On basketball:
Monaco has a fair chance to make an away result, but beware that Promitheas is a team that managed to get a 2nd place in 18/19 regular season
Rytas has also a fair chance to make an way result at Limoges, but the french team budget might give them the edge.
Zadar might do it at Zagreb. Cibona is doing a poor season start and Zadar is tough team to beat.
Any idea on Fenerbache vs Red Star in todays basket?

SambaBoy

Right, going big on Russia to beat Scotland. Scotland are dreadful aren't they?
Yeah they are but can often pull off a big result. If you are unsure, put on the double chance Russia/Scotland as I can't see it being a draw.

Will either be an easy win for Russia or Scotland to pull of a 1-0 upset.

Danny Roberts

Yeah they are but can often pull off a big result. If you are unsure, put on the double chance Russia/Scotland as I can't see it being a draw.

Will either be an easy win for Russia or Scotland to pull of a 1-0 upset.
Strange logic to my mind. Couldn't it be 0-0 or 1-1? I'm happy sticking to Russia at the odds.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Any idea on Fenerbache vs Red Star in todays basket?
Tough call. Fenerbahce is one of the best teams in Europe, but Red Star is a tough team at home (amazing fans pushing the team)

I think it's risky to go for the underdogs not only for the above reason (Fenerbahce has a very strong team) and despite the basket season just started a couple of weeks ago, Fenerbahce will probably try to gather points to secure a playoff spot ASAP.

I think the golden eggs might be on the Lyon - PAO match. AH+X for Lyon is doable, a tight win for Lyon might happen if they are on a good night.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Small on over 3.5 @2.4 inplay in Syria Maldives. Should be 5+ added. Maldives need to go for it now, syria got 10 but still got Somah and Khribin up top, should go 3-1.

ROFLUTION

Poland AH -2 @ 1.84 against a weak Latvia side seems value to me. Latvia are bad, and Poland need a result - a lot of teams in that group pushing to go through

Ady87

Had O3.5 FHG in Belgium game which I didn’t think was coming in and first half ended 6-0 ha. Only in an Accra, though no selections losing yet and a few winning. Wales being a nice odds boosted if they hold on.

Second half goal markets in the Belgium game look interesting. Next goal before 60 2/5 or before 50 2/1 if you like a gamble, literally. 8/11 for O0.5 goals between 50-59:59 stands out.

Marty1968

Absolutely gutted. At 1-1 went to put 50 on the Dutch to bag the winner....just about to place bet at 9/2 and they score before I get the bet on. Missed opportunity....now to make it on NHL

madRedDevil07

It was. I went for Holland to win and >2.5 in the end as the odds were slightly higher and I'd a feeling NI could nick one. Thankfully it all worked out in the end.
Nice.
Djokovic 2-0 set betting @ 1.44 is decent value imo. He has not lost a set yet.
Medvedev 2-0 @ 1.6 is not bad either. Combining both @ 2.3 is a bit risky but good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.