Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagga7

1-1 FT, + won. Missed a big chance at the end to win the game but would have been lucky. + was good, Chelsea deserved a 1 goal win, missed some big chances at 1-1.
Ah that's a shame, the handicap value was totally gone when I went to bet, so I just had a stab on Ajax to win. I'll get on it earlier next time.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Has anyone seen a bookies offering odds on the Liverpool - Villa cup tie yet? Liverpool have confirmed they will have two separate squads for this game and the game the following day in the Club World Cup so I expect a very, very weakened side. Villa have got to be firm favourites, even at Anfield.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Has anyone seen a bookies offering odds on the Liverpool - Villa cup tie yet? Liverpool have confirmed they will have two separate squads for this game and the game the following day in the Club World Cup so I expect a very, very weakened side. Villa have got to be firm favourites, even at Anfield.
They’re not up on the sites I checked.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

andy dufresne

The margins are so tight nowadays on Football Betting that if you could give me a horse that would win instead rather than say a 4-5 or 4-6 shot,I would really appreciate it...

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
It's at Villa Park. Villa to win in 90 is 1.5 which is terrible value imo.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/efl-cup/aston-villa-v-liverpool/winner
Cheers. I disagree, I think 1.50 could be a decent bet. I’ll try and get more info about likely lineups but I’d expect Villa to be close to full strength and Liverpool to be fielding virtually all youth players. Villa should win comfortably. I can’t see the likes of Origi, Milner, Ox, Keita, Gomez who played in the prior cup game v Arsenal being left behind for the sake of the match. @Spiersey any thoughts? You seem like you’d have a better idea as to just how weak the Liverpool team will be for this.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Hills had 7/4 earlier.

Pretty sure Villa will be strong, Pool side will be weak, wouldn't be surprised if Villa kick off 1.3 or something. CWC is a 23 man squad, they'll take all their first team to that I think, despite what the statement suggests about splitting their squad.

Edit : Didn't even see your tag, I agree with you, it's potentially one of those rare occasions where it can still be value after a big drop. I wouldn't bet 1.5 though with a month wait. I'll just bet Villa -1 or something if its a terrible side. Wouldn't be surprised if its closer to their EFL Trophy side than the EFL Cup Side. Would imagine Brewster, Jones and Ellliot might go to Qatar also along with the likes of Keita, Milner etc. Can't see any player who played in the CL particularly keen to stay back. It's all guesswork though. Villa went strong the last 2 rounds, makes no sense to not go strong. If they play a good side they'll probably win and if they avoid City in the semi its a good chance at getting European football.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Hills had 7/4 earlier.

Pretty sure Villa will be strong, Pool side will be weak, wouldn't be surprised if Villa kick off 1.3 or something. CWC is a 23 man squad, they'll take all their first team to that I think, despite what the statement suggests about splitting their squad.

Edit : Didn't even see your tag, I agree with you, it's potentially one of those rare occasions where it can still be value after a big drop. I wouldn't bet 1.5 though with a month wait. I'll just bet Villa -1 or something if its a terrible side. Wouldn't be surprised if its closer to their EFL Trophy side than the EFL Cup Side. Would imagine Brewster, Jones and Ellliot might go to Qatar also along with the likes of Keita, Milner etc. Can't see any player who played in the CL particularly keen to stay back. It's all guesswork though. Villa went strong the last 2 rounds, makes no sense to not go strong. If they play a good side they'll probably win and if they avoid City in the semi its a good chance at getting European football.
Cheers, yeah, pretty much my thoughts. I don’t intend to bet any time soon but I’m confident Villa will win fairly easily on the night if Liverpool’s team is as weak as I anticipate. The difference in quality and experience will be huge. With a semi final on offer the crowd should be up for it too.

M15 Red.

Cheers, yeah, pretty much my thoughts. I don’t intend to bet any time soon but I’m confident Villa will win fairly easily on the night if Liverpool’s team is as weak as I anticipate. The difference in quality and experience will be huge. With a semi final on offer the crowd should be up for it too.
I'm sure @john Dooh mentioned backing Villa this tie last week when Villa were trading above 3.0.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Was up after Arsenal game, bet everything i Could on Villa at 3.45>=
Think I posted in wrong thread or something...

Edit:@BobbyManc, see now i posted in the "
Liverpool might pull out of Carabao cup" thread by mistake...

Last edited:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Was up after Arsenal game, bet everything i Could on Villa at 3.45>=
Think I posted in wrong thread or something...
Damn, you did well to get that bet in early. I barely bet anymore tbh so I don’t look in this thread often and must have missed your post annoyingly!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On atletico madrid u19s win tomorrow at 1.75. Think 1.4 is fair.

I tipped Leverkusen DNB against Loko Moscow on the first matchday, it finished 2-2. Loko were miles better on the day and at the time I wasn't sure if it was a freak game or I'd got my ratings wrong. With how the rest of the group has played out and watching all the games since (Loko Lever wasn't streamed) Lever are terrible. Should have lost 3/4-0 away to Atletico, Juve deservedly hammered them also. Atletico are the best team in the group, lost 4-0 to Juve but they were the better team, conceded a Pen and a screamer then got countered later on as they chased the game. Should be pretty one sided bearing in mind how poor Leverkusen are. They have very little threat going forward and are poor defensively. They just try and park the bus and defend in numbers. Lever need a win tomorrow to have any chance of going through so can't see as deep as normal.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Insteresting games for possible trading / live arbs:

Gdynia - Oldenburg [Double win] Manage to make two arbs / trades in this match
Andorra - Monaco (a bit risky) [FAIL]
Peristeri - Novogrod (also risky, but Novogrod has been surprisingly strong this season start) [WIN] Done at 1Q
Nymburk - Tenerife: Nymburk has a very decent rooster this season, but Tenerife is always a competitive team. [WIN] Balanced game until the end. Managed to close at 4Q
Zielona Gora - Parma Penn: I think this can be the arb goldmine for today ( or not :D ): 2 teams who have lots of weaknesses facing each other. [FAIL] Had high hopes for this game, but Penn never contested the game.
Orleans - Levallois: Also has potential [No bet] Bookie canceled live markets for this match, so nothing happened
Decent night. A few more bucks to the piggy bank.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
So are you picking 1X2 in all of them or who's your winner? :wenger:
I'm going for the underdogs in hope to make a trade / arbitrage bet on live betting. In basketball I only use the two way result markets.

But go low on Legia - Bakken Bears game. If Legia makes a strong start and their game plan works, Bakken Bears will find it hard to turn the events.

The other games I think teams will switch positions on the scoreline during the match, and the trade will eventually happen (or not :D )

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Goias has a very good odd on DC. Atlético MG has been on a poor run of form and there's a fair chance for Goias to get a point at least.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Arb done after first set. No need for thanks :p

edit: Was basically lucky tbh. Davidovich had a 2.20 odd to win. He started well and managed to break the first game, but Rudd recoverd. Won the first set on Tie-break and Rudd odd went up to 2.10, making it a better than expected trade.

Last edited:

Rajma

I tipped Leverkusen DNB against Loko Moscow on the first matchday, it finished 2-2. Loko were miles better on the day and at the time I wasn't sure if it was a freak game or I'd got my ratings wrong. With how the rest of the group has played out and watching all the games since (Loko Lever wasn't streamed) Lever are terrible. Should have lost 3/4-0 away to Atletico, Juve deservedly hammered them also. Atletico are the best team in the group, lost 4-0 to Juve but they were the better team, conceded a Pen and a screamer then got countered later on as they chased the game. Should be pretty one sided bearing in mind how poor Leverkusen are. They have very little threat going forward and are poor defensively. They just try and park the bus and defend in numbers. Lever need a win tomorrow to have any chance of going through so can't see as deep as normal.
Cheers, managed to get it at 1.8.

Jagga7

Nice one. I bet it quite late and got them on the AH -.75. That 2nd goal was got me the full win!

Jagga7

Yup nice one Spiersey. I was a bit late to the party so only managed to get 1.85 for -0.75 but that also won in the end.

edit: wtf Jagga :eek:
Haha I did get a worse price than you though.

I feel like we should give Spiersey something for so many winning tips.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Only 3 picks today:

Manresa - Turk Telekom [FAIL] Turk Telekom actually end up 1Q with 5 poins more, but Manresa odd just didn't rise high enough for the trade.
Levski - Dnipro [WIN] Trade done at end of 2Q
Legia - Bakken Bears [FULL WIN] This was the lucky one. Bakken Bears were never ahead of the score, except on the last minutes 4Q, where live betting is usually very itermitent, so I couldn't do trading, but was lucky they scraped a 1 point win.
A good night yesterday, many thanks to the lucky win of Bakken Bears away when the game seemed difficult to recover at 2Q.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
My picks for today:
Zenit - Khimki (risky, but...) Zenit has been an 8 or 80 team this season. But their odd is so high they just need a slight margin to get it.
Olympiakos - Anadolu: yes, Olympiakos is poor this season, but they are facing a turkish team.
Milano - Baskonia: ALways tight matches between these two, but beware that Granger is inkured which might hamper Baskonia a bit

Nymburk - Svitavy: I'm going low on a HA+20.5 of Svitavy. Nymburk will crush them if they play full power, though.

luke511

Over 10.5 asian total corners at 1.975 in Dundee vs Dundee United is a good price. They're about 1.5 corners out, it should around 1.5 for over 10.5 before the margin.

luke511

What are you basing your assessment on?
Weighted averages from this season and last, along with the H2H average of the identical fixture (which averages 13 corners) and also games with similar supremacies. Pretty sure 365's only using the league average which is a very broad way of pricing it up.

luke511

I put it a few days ago when you mentioned it. If it gets cancelled, no biggie but still a good shout.
I've been refreshing Macclesfield Town's forum every 30 minutes in hope of any insider info regarding playing youth players :lol:

madRedDevil07

Bet365 not responding for in play games. Is it happening for anyone else ? I was interested for Martial to score anytime and could not place any bet on 8 PM Europa games.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
My picks for today:
Zenit - Khimki (risky, but...) Zenit has been an 8 or 80 team this season. But their odd is so high they just need a slight margin to get it.
Olympiakos - Anadolu: yes, Olympiakos is poor this season, but they are facing a turkish team.
Milano - Baskonia: ALways tight matches between these two, but beware that Granger is inkured which might hamper Baskonia a bit

Nymburk - Svitavy: I'm going low on a HA+20.5 of Svitavy. Nymburk will crush them if they play full power, though.
What a disaster today : with the exception of Baskonia who I was able to make a tiny profit at 1Q, everything else went downhill.

Have still a few quid on Porto to win, and I'm going to place a live bet on cska to win. Let's hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.