Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
How did Atletico fare in their first match back? Didn't watch the match, but it ended 1-1 away against Bilbao. One thing is what they need, another is what they're capable of.
Atletico did ok against tricky Sociedad, think it was draw 1-1.
Anyway, no bets on PL for me tonight.

100€ each on:
Atletico HT @ 3,20
Atletico FT @ 1,90
Atletico -0,25 @ 1,60

M15 Red.

Ascot 1:50. Forest Ranger. 7 places @20/1 with Bet365 enhanced place markets. I'm happy to take a chance on FR bouncing back to form at such a big price. If he does then he's more than capable of winning a race like this. His resume is arguably the strongest in the field (he beat Adeybb in a Group 2 this time last year) but 3 poor runs since then have put the brakes on. He's had a long rest since then. Which is a plus because he goes well fresh. His trainer Richard Fahey was positive when asked about his chances just last week so hopefully he can run well from a decent draw in stall 4.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Nothing for me at Ascot today, mighty Gurkha I thought ran a good race and had every chance but didn’t show the same turn of foot as he showed at lingfield on his debut,

the queens horse Tactical, looks a good one and Mark Johnstone’s eye of heaven, runs in the Norfolk, Friday 2.25 (13/8) beat him ( tactical) at Newmarket on Debut so could be worth a shout.

Don’t really fancy anything at Ascot tomorrow, Going to bet Ricetta 4/9 2.40 ( not tipping it) too short, if it wins, going to double up with Sunray Major Newmarket sat.

bet winner at Chelmsford tonight Mark Prescott’s Animal Instinct got 5/1 returned 11/4 so paid for my day and bet on ricetta tomorrow.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Don’t really know much about the horse but just read, John Gosden’s African Dream (7/4) runs tomorrow in the sandringham 4.40 and had 16lbs in hand so should have great chance if she handles the quick turnaround.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Ended 0-5 - Not bad
Very nice. Atletico played as I expected, very good. Only 2 corners after 45min so I thought under 6,5 corners @ 1,95 was value also. Had 50€ on that and won. GN :)

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Raining heavily at Ascot right now going has changed to soft now with more rain on the way

M15 Red.

Nothing for me at Ascot today, mighty Gurkha I thought ran a good race and had every chance but didn’t show the same turn of foot as he showed at lingfield on his debut,

the queens horse Tactical, looks a good one and Mark Johnstone’s eye of heaven, runs in the Norfolk, Friday 2.25 (13/8) beat him ( tactical) at Newmarket on Debut so could be worth a shout.

Don’t really fancy anything at Ascot tomorrow, Going to bet Ricetta 4/9 2.40 ( not tipping it) too short, if it wins, going to double up with Sunray Major Newmarket sat.

bet winner at Chelmsford tonight Mark Prescott’s Animal Instinct got 5/1 returned 11/4 so paid for my day and bet on ricetta tomorrow.
Nice winner with the Prescott runner. One of my favourite trainers. When the money comes for his stable it's usually correct. I doubled your selection today (in running @4/7) with Art Power @9/4 in the 1st at Ascot tomorrow. Its given me roughly 4/1. Don't know if you saw but initially Art Power was quoted @20/1 for the Commonwealth Cup but connections have gone the handicap route instead. Either way I still think AP is a potential Group horse in a handicap so happy to back a favourite for a change.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Nice winner with the Prescott runner. One of my favourite trainers. When the money comes for his stable it's usually correct. I doubled your selection today (in running @4/7) with Art Power @9/4 in the 1st at Ascot tomorrow. Its given me roughly 4/1. Don't know if you saw but initially Art Power was quoted @20/1 for the Commonwealth Cup but connections have gone the handicap route instead. Either way I still think AP is a potential Group horse in a handicap so happy to back a favourite for a change.
Like Art Power myself aswell also there’s a horse runs today over in France at Chantilly Hurricane Ivor, been waiting on it, really fancy it today.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Jumped on Hurricane Ivor at more than 6/4 on Betfair and went off not much over evens. Oh well!
Sorry about that, really thought it would’ve won, especially when going odds on, willing to give it another go.

if anyone’s got a William Hill account, there’s a technical issue so can’t log in, just off a live chat with them.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Sochi should win 10-0 or something today. Rostov got 6 players tested positive for Corona, 42 players and staff went into quarantine. Game didn't get cancelled so they've sent the u17s and u19s, ages are 19, 17, 18, 17, 18, 18, 17 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 16, 16, 17, 17. Odds are hammered in now of course but it's still value for me, would be really surprised if it's less than 6-0, probably 8/9/10-0 ft. Depends how arsed they are.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Sochi should win 10-0 or something today. Rostov got 6 players tested positive for Corona, 42 players and staff went into quarantine. Game didn't get cancelled so they've sent the u17s and u19s, ages are 19, 17, 18, 17, 18, 18, 17 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 16, 16, 17, 17. Odds are hammered in now of course but it's still value for me, would be really surprised if it's less than 6-0, probably 8/9/10-0 ft. Depends how arsed they are.
Can’t find any betting for this

PogBruno

Gone for Sochi to score over 4.5 goals - thanks

PogBruno

4-1 HT looks like another winner from you -cheers

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
21-1 shots at half time, conceded first minute. Fair score is 8-0 HT or so. I almost did £2k on btts no last night but thankfully chose bigger handicaps instead. Would be fuming.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
10-1 in the end, annoying it wasn’t traded better.
Could be a similar scenario next week.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Quite like the odds on Arsenal today. Surely they will bounce back against Brighton? Then again it's Arsenal...

Pagh Wraith

Quite like the odds on Arsenal today. Surely they will bounce back against Brighton? Then again it's Arsenal...
The quick turnaround of games after such a long break is not to be underestimated. Arsenal have had less than 72 hours to recover between two away games and I wouldn't rush to back them. I'm on Brighton +0.25 at evens from a few days ago. Price has dropped a little since.

Dinghy

Arsenal @2.48 looks like very good value to me. There's no real home advantage for Brighton and Arsenal will want to bounce back.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I thought the same when i saw the odds 2,45. But then again, everytime i bet on Arsenal they lose. Fecking hate them for that.

Anyway i put 100€ each on
Arsenal @ 2,45
Arsenal -0,25 @ 2,05

Brighton havent won a match since december last year. Many draws though.

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Arsenal @2.48 looks like very good value to me. There's no real home advantage for Brighton and Arsenal will want to bounce back.
They're @2.54 on Betfair now. I'm very tempted as having played should be an advantage if anything, being away won't count for much, and Brighton are generally a bit shite.

I feel like I'd be violating one of life's golden rules by sticking money on Arsenal, though. :nervous:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'd be more inclined to back Arsenal if they didn't play on Wednesday, spending most of the match chasing City. Down to the bare bones defensively too with Sokratis, Mari, Chambers and Luiz out. Also then Torreria and Xhaka in midfield so they will probably be vulnerable.

No chance I would back them today though, I think Brighton @ 3.0 is not bad actually IMO. They could very well win but Graham Potter is a really good coach and I think Brighton will be well prepared.

Brighton beat them at the Emirates in December which is basically behind closed doors.

Berbaclass

Lots of late goals so far. Might be a decent thing to bet on for the first few weeks after the restart.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
They're @2.54 on Betfair now. I'm very tempted as having played should be an advantage if anything, being away won't count for much, and Brighton are generally a bit shite.

I feel like I'd be violating one of life's golden rules by sticking money on Arsenal, though. :nervous:
That's numberwang :lol:

Berbaclass

I'd be more inclined to back Arsenal if they didn't play on Wednesday, spending most of the match chasing City. Down to the bare bones defensively too with Sokratis, Mari, Chambers and Luiz out. Also then Torreria and Xhaka in midfield so they will probably be vulnerable.

No chance I would back them today though, I think Brighton @ 3.0 is not bad actually IMO. They could very well win but Graham Potter is a really good coach and I think Brighton will be well prepared.

Brighton beat them at the Emirates in December which is basically behind closed doors.
DIdn't put money on it sadly.

Dinghy

Heh, fecking Arsenal. Should have cashed out when they went ahead.

Withnail

Had a double of Leicester DC and Brighton DC @1.83

Wasn't brave enough to go for the Brighton win though I was tempted.

Also threw a small bit on a third goal in the Arsenal game with 10 mins left @2.2 after reading @Berbaclass post about late goals.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I thought the same when i saw the odds 2,45. But then again, everytime i bet on Arsenal they lose. Fecking hate them for that.

Anyway i put 100€ each on
Arsenal @ 2,45
Arsenal -0,25 @ 2,05

Brighton havent won a match since december last year. Many draws though.
Cashed out at 1-1 with a total 45€ loss. Feck Arsenal.

west ham - Wolves X at HT @ 2,00. Small punt 40€ Win

Last edited:

M15 Red.

365 are doing a free bet for the Merseyside derby tomorrow. I've backed Schneiderlin to score first as he's injured/on the verge of a transfer so that should be money back. Will attempt something at ridiculous odds in play with the freebie. I also have under 3 goals Asian in a double @1.75 in the game. It's been about 7 years since 3 goals or more came at Goodison in the derby so happy to back that trend to continue.

M15 Red.

Like Art Power myself aswell also there’s a horse runs today over in France at Chantilly Hurricane Ivor, been waiting on it, really fancy it today.
Art Power won eased down. Was definitely a Group horse in a handicap. Complete farce. Backed Pinatubo and Summerghand today straight win and had Hey Jonesy earlier in the week when he flopped so the less said about the last day of Ascot the better.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Art Power won eased down. Was definitely a Group horse in a handicap. Complete farce. Backed Pinatubo and Summerghand today straight win and had Hey Jonesy earlier in the week when he flopped so the less said about the last day of Ascot the better.
Yes, definitely, managed to get 3/1 aswell, was having a great Ascot week but along cane Sunray major at Newmarket 4/6..

Status
Not open for further replies.