Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Marty1968

United bettors @ 0-2 where you at!!
Had a few quid on 2-2 at half time and cashed out in the 89th minute for a tidy profit! Norwich let me down in my other big acca for the weekend. Still, managed to get a decent NFL acca last night so a pretty good weekend really.

mu4c_20le

Had a few quid on 2-2 at half time and cashed out in the 89th minute for a tidy profit! Norwich let me down in my other big acca for the weekend. Still, managed to get a decent NFL acca last night so a pretty good weekend really.
Very nice. As the match entered injury time I briefly rregretted being too greedy and not taking the draw instead. Glad it worked out for both of us

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Leicester tonight @1.55 surely?

I've took them at -1 aswell.

Fancied going the shots and FK markets for this match too but bet365 not doing it for this game.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Leicester tonight @1.55 surely?

I've took them at -1 aswell.

Fancied going the shots and FK markets for this match too but bet365 not doing it for this game.
I have them to finish up my acca. Strong lineup that shouldn't be troubled by Fulham...:nervous:

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Cheers guys, just going to go cry in a closet :(

Pagh Wraith

Very nice! How the hell did you figure to put that on? :lol:
Main bet was on the handicap but I threw that one in as I really thought Fulham were overpriced. Their shot volume has been decent (better than Leicester's actually) and I wouldn't necessarily tip them to go down. Leicester haven't impressed this season and look way off of what's required for top 4. Obviously still a long shot but judging from the stats it seems it wasn't an undeserved win (couldn't watch the game).

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Main bet was on the handicap but I threw that one in as I really thought Fulham were overpriced. Their shot volume has been decent (better than Leicester's actually) and I wouldn't necessarily tip them to go down. Leicester haven't impressed this season and look way off of what's required for top 4. Obviously still a long shot but judging from the stats it seems it wasn't an undeserved win (couldn't watch the game).
Definitely deserved, they should have had more goals too. Nice work.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Disgusted I didn't put more on this.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Picked 4 draws tonight as well. Atletico VS Bayern, Monchen VS Inter, Marseille VS Olympiakos, Moscow VS Salzburg @223/1

Marty1968

Picked 4 draws tonight as well. Atletico VS Bayern, Monchen VS Inter, Marseille VS Olympiakos, Moscow VS Salzburg @223/1
Think 3 of those could come in. I'd go for Monchengladbach to beat Inter...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bayern without Neuer, Kimmich, Goretzka & Lewy in the squad can hold a draw against Atl Madrid? I fancy Atl Madrid to win or draw at least.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Anyone know a site where you can have reliable info about travelling squads for every league/Champions league game ? Right now i have to mix Sky, Twitter and various websites who usually only cover their national league...
Livescore will give you the squad only an hour or so before kick-off.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Anyone know a site where you can have reliable info about travelling squads for every league/Champions league game ? Right now i have to mix Sky, Twitter and various websites who usually only cover their national league...
Livescore will give you the squad only an hour or so before kick-off.
I usually check reddit or their fan forum. I just checked RAWK forum, there are rumours Allison were out in training yesterday due to injury or covid. But no confirmation from the club or any tier 1 journalist.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
I usually check reddit or their fan forum. I just checked RAWK forum, there are rumours Allison were out in training yesterday due to injury or covid. But no confirmation from the club or any tier 1 journalist.
Yeah r/soccer and r/ChampionsLeague have some info but it often only talk about the big games.
Anyway about the game, Joao Felix to score @2,40 and Kingsley Coman @4,40 look pretty good :confused:

luke511

Yeah r/soccer and r/ChampionsLeague have some info but it often only talk about the big games.
Anyway about the game, Joao Felix to score @2,40 and Kingsley Coman @4,40 look pretty good :confused:
I'd stay away from fixed odds anytime/player to score markets, as 99% of the time it's bad value due to the heavy overround. Also the price doesn't compensate the true amount of minutes expected on the pitch, which has dropped due to the 5 sub introduction. Coman's a good example of this, he's almost guaranteed to be subbed off around the 70th minute if he starts, yet his price has him playing the full 90, with a heavy margin on top of that as well.

Last edited:

Panicrev

Disgusted I didn't put more on this.
Dont beat yourself up about it, thats betting, you had a win thats what counts.
Followed your latest 4 draws but had 50p trebles so fingers crossed.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
I'd stay away from fixed odds anytime/player to score markets, as 99% of the time it's bad value due to the heavy overround. Also the price doesn't compensate the true amount of minutes expected on the pitch, which has dropped due to the 5 sub introduction. Coman's a good example of this, he's almost guaranteed to be subbed off around the 70th minute if he starts, yet his price has him playing the full 90, with a heavy margin on top of that as well.
Fair enough. He went off at the 69th this weekend for Douglas Costa and Gnabry for Sané. They seem to be starting with them tonight. Let's hope he comes on and score :D
The 4 draws dream is dead but i doubled it with Marseille+Atletico Draw and Gladbach/Salzburg win or draw @21,2.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Having a mare last 2 weeks so by posting here hoping to change my luck :lol:

Liverpool from 2/1(HT/FT)

Atletico with Correa scoring + Gladbach wih Plea

Atletico with Joao scoring + Gladbach wih Stindl

Atletico + Atalanta with Zapata scoring + Lpool BTTS3+

Lets see how this turns out....

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I have noticed that the bookies are spot on about TV shows most of the times . I have no idea how that happens

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I had Liverpool to win, Atl Madrid draw no bet and Atalanta to win parley and Atalanta ruined it. This season is 3rd time they ruined my bet and it’s third times in a row & I can’t trust them anymore whether it’s goals or match bet.

Danny Roberts

I had Liverpool to win, Atl Madrid draw no bet and Atalanta to win parley and Atalanta ruined it. This season is 3rd time they ruined my bet and it’s third times in a row & I can’t trust them anymore whether it’s goals or match bet.
You can't trust them? Strange way to look at it when you make a bad bet.

Danny Roberts

Why do you think Atalanta to win vs fc midtjylland is a bad bet?
Replace "bad" with "losing" so we don't have to debate value.

I just think it's funny when people talk about sides "letting them down" or that they can't be trusted. We make the bets, we know, or should, that anything can happen.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I just think it's funny when people talk about sides "letting them down" or that they can't be trusted. We make the bets, we know, or should, that anything can happen.
That’s only if we bet on single, value matters in single. Not on parlay.

Sylar

You're taking his post too seriously
It's basically a venting process

awop

Supports
Arsenal
You're taking his post too seriously
It's basically a venting process
It's not, i'm currently on the line with the Bayern hierarchy to know why was Coman not introduced in the game yesterday. Who do they think they are ? :mad:

Anyway for tonight i'm trying a hopeful one: Chelsea, Juve and draws for United and Dortmund @46,96 I'll probably double it with safer choices close to kick-off

Sylar

It's not, i'm currently on the line with the Bayern hierarchy to know why was Coman not introduced in the game yesterday. Who do they think they are ? :mad:

Anyway for tonight i'm trying a hopeful one: Chelsea, Juve and draws for United and Dortmund @46,96 I'll probably double it with safer choices close to kick-off
:lol:

I think I have similar as you (but DC for United and Dortmund)

Withnail

Maybe but it's just strange that say on a show like I am a celebrity every elimination has been as per bookies order
It's very different from a sports event as the public are deciding on the outcome.

I think of it as a poll. The majority of people voting think X should go so therefore the majority of people betting think X will go and the odds shift accordingly.

Maybe I'm wrong about that and our more experienced betters will have a more scientific explanation.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
The question was pretty much Neymar-Mbappe vs Maguire-Lindelof and i answered United. I can only blame myself for this :angel: