Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Chipper

Adulterer.
Hi all, I come seeking knowledge. Are there any other sites out there that have this kind of xG timechart, or a log of each individual xG event? The chart isn't strictly necessary as we could make the chart ourselves with the data. Looking for it for Champions League if at all possible, understat doesn't cover that.

Not actually betting, but have been having a couple of chats with @Borys recently who is interested in analysing performances and using xG as part of that. I know there's some people on here who have knowledge of all sorts of stats sites from taking part in this thread the past. Any help appreciated.

Edit: Done some digging and found something on infogol:

Anymore like that for CL?

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not much value I see tonight.

Managed a bet on red star / Hoffenheim draw, and a smaller bet on 0-0 which came in. A draw was ideal for both of them, Hoff top the group and red star qualify. Don't usually come off if I bet on them.

Too many changes in teams to really do much tonight.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I feel there was something to be done on the early kick-offs if you avoided "the history of the Tottenham". Leicester was a bummer too.
I have a small bet acca on the 9pm games but no real hope on it.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
A PL acca for tomorrow
Everton, United, Chelsea and City to win @7,60

Don’t think there Will be any suprises.

Raredaredevil

What do you guys think of Real Madrid getting a result at Sevilla? Very poor form. Lost 3 out of their last 5 games but seems like they always up their game in the big game as seen against Barcelona.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
What do you guys think of Real Madrid getting a result at Sevilla? Very poor form. Lost 3 out of their last 5 games but seems like they always up their game in the big game as seen against Barcelona.
Very doubtful, i think it will be a boring draw 0-0 or 1-1.

Sylar

Good bet :lol:
However city -2 wasn't (though good odds). But the fckers couldn't even score a third with like 2/3 of the game left, aghh

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Had under 0.5 goals for utd, they scored instantly after.

Went under 1.5, they scored.

Surely we can't get three, under 2.5.

3rd goal went in and I gave up obviously.

muller

Lost by 1 game on a 4, 5, 7 and 8 game accas today.

F U Bayern Munich and Everton

Sylar

Had under 0.5 goals for utd, they scored instantly after.

Went under 1.5, they scored.

Surely we can't get three, under 2.5.

3rd goal went in and I gave up obviously.
:lol: do the same vs Leipzig to ensure we go through

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Just logged into Betfair and discovered I'd won this bet builder. I'd given up on it last night as I was sure Giroud only had the one shot on target before getting hooked? I also didn't think the free kicks and goal kicks were going to get over the line either as they were stuck on 24 and 14 respectively with like seconds left I think.

I'd earlier used Betfair's £5 free bet on the 13:50 Sandown winner Allmankind yesterday and won with that so just stuck a fiver on this Same Game Multi for a bit of fun. Great when they came off. Will lump on the Spurs and Liverpool games later. Makes up for Barcelona, Bayern and Ajax killing my accas yesterday.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Wow congrats, that's a nice surprise to log onto :D I've gone for Spurs and Liverpool win but i feel Wolves could get a point

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’m finding a lot of luck on Scottish football the now. Both teams to score in any Celtic match and Rangers to win, keeping a clean sheet. This seems a decent double most weeks. I also added Spurs to win and Arsenal not to score.

I also had a tenner on Partey and Xhaka to get booked. Stupidly I forgot Partey was unfit and he went off early. Xhaka got his booking to make matters worse. We live and learn.

Marty1968

Absolute nightmare weekend! Barca let me down on big acca saturday then the seahawks losing to the giants last night cost me! Taking a week off i think...........unless anyone knows a dead cert! :lol: :lol:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Vissel Kobe 0 asian tomorrow at 1.8+. I think Vissel are probably the most balanced side left in the competition, Iniesta, Douglas and Vermaelan is a really strong spine mixed in with good locals. Yoko played Ulsan last round and kicked off 1.7 to win. Isn't much between Yoko and Kobe so a similar price is pretty fair. I had Yoko as a 1/2 goal win last round and they went 1-0 up then played terrible and bottled it. The prices are just an overreaction to that game but personally think it was just a poor performance and a one off. On another day Yoko would have killed them on the counter and won 3-0 pretty easily. If this game had happened before the Yoko game then Kobe would probably have opened 1.8 for the win.

Game will be streamed to if anyone wants to watch, Iniesta is still pure class.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
On Vissel Kobe 0 asian tomorrow at 1.8+. I think Vissel are probably the most balanced side left in the competition, Iniesta, Douglas and Vermaelan is a really strong spine mixed in with good locals. Yoko played Ulsan last round and kicked off 1.7 to win. Isn't much between Yoko and Kobe so a similar price is pretty fair. I had Yoko as a 1/2 goal win last round and they went 1-0 up then played terrible and bottled it. The prices are just an overreaction to that game but personally think it was just a poor performance and a one off. On another day Yoko would have killed them on the counter and won 3-0 pretty easily. If this game had happened before the Yoko game then Kobe would probably have opened 1.8 for the win.

It’s funny to read the comments on Kobe’s official Insta page after the 0-2 loss to Suwon the other day. Around 20+ comments on match fixing and a deliberate handball? Calling them mafia team and wanting the chinese team Guangzhou to go out of the cup.

I’ve never watched them play but I’m on this. Kobe seems to be the better team (if they’re playing for the win), and DnB @1,90 seems good! Are we going big on this?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
It’s funny to read the comments on Kobe’s official Insta page after the 0-2 loss to Suwon the other day. Around 20+ comments on match fixing and a deliberate handball? Calling them mafia team and wanting the chinese team Guangzhou to go out of the cup.

I’ve never watched them play but I’m on this. Kobe seems to be the better team (if they’re playing for the win), and DnB @1,90 seems good! Are we going big on this?
Yeah I watched that game, Suwon had to win by 2 to put Ever out, Kobe had already won the group. In fairness, Kobe were probably the better team until the 1st goal. The pen for the 2nd goal is incredibly dodgy but think it was just moronic, the defender got stuck against the post. I was actually on Kobe +0.5 in play and it was a pretty good bet, didn't deserve to lose. I jokingly said to friends pre game that if Kobe were clever they'd lose by 2 as Ever are a way bigger threat to them but Japanese teams are too proud to lose games on purpose, even if it benefited them. Was just coincidence they lost by 2 in the end as they were trying to score. Chinese fans didn't take it well, Cannavaro got fired from Evergrande within an hour of the game I think.
Nah nothing too big, just a standard value bet for me, I'm on with a medium stake.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Yeah I watched that game, Suwon had to win by 2 to put Ever out, Kobe had already won the group. In fairness, Kobe were probably the better team until the 1st goal. The pen for the 2nd goal is incredibly dodgy but think it was just moronic, the defender got stuck against the post. I was actually on Kobe +0.5 in play and it was a pretty good bet, didn't deserve to lose. I jokingly said to friends pre game that if Kobe were clever they'd lose by 2 as Ever are a way bigger threat to them but Japanese teams are too proud to lose games on purpose, even if it benefited them. Was just coincidence they lost by 2 in the end as they were trying to score. Chinese fans didn't take it well, Cannavaro got fired from Evergrande within an hour of the game I think.
Nah nothing too big, just a standard value bet for me, I'm on with a medium stake.
Ah I see, thanks for the contextualization.
That’s probably why they got some angry chinese fans on their page. Perhaps kobe are more motivated to get the win tomorrow since it’s a quarter final.
I go with medium stake aswell then.Don’t wanna risk too much. 0.0 asian feels pretty safe and good value though.

weizxx

Thank you! Follow a medium stake on dnb at 1.9 and a small stake on win at 2.6.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Over 1 goal line in play in Ajax @1.8 with 25 left.

Ajax need a goal and will go all in final 15, games opened up this half after a terrible first half. Think there will be at least 1 goal. Ajax goal would be nice soon and then Atalanta would need to throw everything forward.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
On Over 1 goal line in play in Ajax @1.8 with 25 left.

Ajax need a goal and will go all in final 15, games opened up this half after a terrible first half. Think there will be at least 1 goal. Ajax goal would be nice soon and then Atalanta would need to throw everything forward.
The problem is they have a pretty dreadful attack. Would not put money on Huntelaar to score in the 2010s, let alone the 2020s. Should have held on to Justin Kluivert a bit longer.

Stats also suggest a tight game, only 5 shots in total. It should open up though.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
The problem is they have a pretty dreadful attack. Would not put money on Huntelaar to score in the 2010s, let alone the 2020s. Should have held on to Justin Kluivert a bit longer.

Stats also suggest a tight game, only 5 shots in total. It should open up though.
Yeah I’m expecting it to be Atalanta that score on the counter. Ata defence always has an error in it though.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Yeah I’m expecting it to be Atalanta that score on the counter. Ata defence always has an error in it though.
Probably likelier. Italian teams can always shut up shop when 0-0 suits them.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Probably likelier. Italian teams can always shut up shop when 0-0 suits them.
Dont think Atalanta have that quality in them, they’re not the typical Italian team.
refund in the end, Ajax gave up a bit at 1-0 which I wasn’t expecting even with 10 men.

Kobe been backed in to around evens for the win now too so on nice value with that for tomorrow. Hopefully they can win.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Real madrid to win
Atletico Madrid 0.0, -0,5
@3,40

Both need win to qualify. My feeling is that shaktar and Salzburg overachived a bit in the early group stages. The spanish teams Will be too much to handle.

Some in here don’t rate atletico but they are top of the La Liga and can most surely always be count on in the CL. BUT, I go with asian - in case of a feck up. Odds is value imo.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Kobe been backed in to around evens for the win now too so on nice value with that for tomorrow. Hopefully they can win.
I see the odds shifted massively last night. From 1,95 DnB to 1,45. Hope they win.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Traded down to a small on Kobe, Iniesta on the bench. I have win around 2.1 now so still value in original bet.
Earlier game today made it look a good bet too, Ulsan played Guaon but were really lucky to win. Kobe dealt with SIPG a lot better than Ulsan did with Guaon. Scored a farcical VAR handball pen and then a 30 yard screamer. Hoping to oppose Ulsan next round too, they’re very average.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Traded down to a small on Kobe, Iniesta on the bench. I have win around 2.1 now so still value in original bet.
Earlier game today made it look a good bet too, Ulsan played Guaon but were really lucky to win. Kobe dealt with SIPG a lot better than Ulsan did with Guaon. Scored a farcical VAR handball pen and then a 30 yard screamer. Hoping to oppose Ulsan next round too, they’re very average.
Cashed out when Kobe got the equalizer and the red card for Suwon - with a small profit. So thanks!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Billy Hill doing 1-7 goals, 1-7 cards and 5-17 corners in each of the 17:55 Europa League games @3.75. Surely that can't go wrong?? Any potential 0-0s?

shaky

Billy Hill doing 1-7 goals, 1-7 cards and 5-17 corners in each of the 17:55 Europa League games @3.75. Surely that can't go wrong?? Any potential 0-0s?
12 games. That's a lot. Tricky to avoid one being 0-0 or having an unusually high or low corner or card count.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Cashed out when Kobe got the equalizer and the red card for Suwon - with a small profit. So thanks!
No worries, refund for me in the end. Kobe started terrible first 10 and conceded, dominated 1st half from there. Really should have pushed on 2nd half considering it was against 10 men for 50 minutes. Missed the final 30 but friends told me Kobe were pretty poor. Iniesta didn't come on til 113th minute, think they'd have won if he had played but no damage done with a refund.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
No worries, refund for me in the end. Kobe started terrible first 10 and conceded, dominated 1st half from there. Really should have pushed on 2nd half considering it was against 10 men for 50 minutes. Missed the final 30 but friends told me Kobe were pretty poor. Iniesta didn't come on til 113th minute, think they'd have won if he had played but no damage done with a refund.
Yeah normally I wouldn’t cash out when the team I bet on gets the equalizer and right after the opposition gets a red card with 50+ mins to play. But I had a bad feeling about the game after first half so I cashed out. All this match fixing rumours in Asia has taken a toll on me :D

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Did that come off? CBA checking each result. Didn't do it myself so... Seen a couple games with a lot of yellows though

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Did that come off? CBA checking each result. Didn't do it myself so... Seen a couple games with a lot of yellows though
I didn't go for it in the end as I had the feeling I'd get stung by one result. There was one 0-0 and one game with 9 cards I think (a couple of late reds if I remember). So it was very close as usual. I do like the Billy Hill combos though.

archiebald

Manchester City - 0.75 AH

We're going to lose anyway might as well contrive some joy out of it.