Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Finished 1-0. Would have won if Guab had rotated but even should have still scored more. The only stream for the game was some random fan streaming it from his phone and it was sideways. Sat watching it for 90 minutes but could barely see a thing. Had a couple of decent chances to go 2-0 but overall played pretty poor. Apologies. Will be much better bets over the next 10 days hopefully.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Guibira Injury was the most common message on bet365 match graphics. I can imagine them gasping for air every possible moment.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Finished 1-0. Would have won if Guab had rotated but even should have still scored more. The only stream for the game was some random fan streaming it from his phone and it was sideways. Sat watching it for 90 minutes but could barely see a thing. Had a couple of decent chances to go 2-0 but overall played pretty poor. Apologies. Will be much better bets over the next 10 days hopefully.
No worries man, thanks for the info!

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Thanks mate. I had Nacional @1,3 and United @1,5 Thought I was in for a shocker with the bad start in both games. But ending up nicely.

Villa - Burnley under 2,5 goals @1.8 were also easy money.

Panicrev

Backed them at -1, but also backed them to win just after kick off so pretty much broke even. Thanks for the info once again.

PogBruno

Hello guys, In a 3-way handicap, should this be a loss or refund?

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Hello guys, In a 3-way handicap, should this be a loss or refund?
Nacional -1 and -1,5 is the same thing. The only difference is that in a 3-way handicap you can bet on draw.
So, Nacional draw -1 was be the winning bet yesterday since they won 1-0.

PogBruno

Nacional -1 and -1,5 is the same thing. The only difference is that in a 3-way handicap you can bet on draw.
So, Nacional draw -1 was be the winning bet yesterday since they won 1-0.
Thank you, does this mean there would be no refund scenario in 3 way handicap?

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Thank you, does this mean there would be no refund scenario in 3 way handicap?
Ni worries. The only refunds I’m aware of is asian bets and draw no bets.
Lets say you had a bet on Nacional -0,5, -1,0 that would be a half win.

But in 3 way handicap there’s only win/lose scenario just like normal bets I think.

Pagh Wraith

Think Union Berlin are overpriced again at home against Dortmund tonight. Had them at 9/1 at home to Bayern last weekend as well as on the +1.75 handicap. Game was very even and finished 1-1 with Union even winning the xG, so narrowly missed out on a huge payday. They are 4/1 tonight.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Think Union Berlin are overpriced again at home against Dortmund tonight. Had them at 9/1 at home to Bayern last weekend as well as on the +1.75 handicap. Game was very even and finished 1-1 with Union even winning the xG, so narrowly missed out on a huge payday. They are 4/1 tonight.
Tough call. Union flattered to deceive v VfB. They miss Andrich and Kruse still.

BVB a bit toothless in attack with young Moukoko, up against well-drilled Union back line. Still would favour BVB to win @1.7 due to positive dynamics under new coach.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Yeah I have them on +1,5 asian @ 1,5 Bilbao 0.0, -0,5 asian @1,7 is good too.

Wilkohler

Supports
Union Berlin
Got Union Berlin at £9 when it was 1 - 1. Great start to the weekend

Danny Roberts

cheers, followed this

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I will have a go on Luleå -1,5 @2,50 today because i rate them highly this season. They met Oskarshamn only three days ago and won on OT. Think they will win comfortably today and the price is really good.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Southampton or Draw @2.29 vs MCFC

They're a coherent unit, tough to beat at home, strikes me as overpriced. No European football means they are in top shape. No injured players.

MCFC not in great form recently, struggling for goals away. Aguero not yet back to scoring form.

Only issue is their inferiority complex against the big clubs, as against MUFC or Arsenal recently.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Holy shit, what a start to the weekend! :lol: Used my free bet on Minamino to score @4.7 on the Betfair Exchange. Took all but 3 mins.

My only Eric

Does anyone watch the Turkish league?
If so, what do you think about the alanyspor game tomorrow?

They are top of the league and will be playing against a team with only 6 points in 11 games

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Does anyone watch the Turkish league?
If so, what do you think about the alanyspor game tomorrow?

They are top of the league and will be playing against a team with only 6 points in 11 games
I wouldn't be going by that fact alone. Turkish league is very up and down. I also got stung a few days ago by Nacional Potosi getting beat by bottom of the league General Diaz. Cost me a few hundred in that 12 game acca (only losing bet).

Not saying they ain't gonna win though.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I will have a go on Luleå -1,5 @2,50 today because i rate them highly this season. They met Oskarshamn only three days ago and won on OT. Think they will win comfortably today and the price is really good.
Pretty crazy match. Oskarshamn had a 2-0 lead after first period. Then Luleå scored 4 goals in 2 minutes and 7 seconds. Luleå won at the end 2-5. So that was a big big win today!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Fancy Everton tonight. I took @ 2.75 which I think is decent. Really don’t think Arsenal are ready for a game like this right now.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Hah. Awesome.

EDIT: Ah, not football. Slightly less cool then, but still cool. Congrats.
Yeah Ice hockey but pretty sensational anyway :) Regarding Luleå they have the best player material in the league imo. Havent really got the results recently but will most definately fight for the top 3 this season. Today showed what they’re capable of.

Flanders Devil

Hah. Awesome.

EDIT: Ah, not football. Slightly less cool then, but still cool. Congrats.
Yes. I was on this too - sorry I didn’t post beforehand- but similar logic to the Arsenal v Southampton game. I got on at 2.6, which I thought was decent.

I don’t like betting on our games - but I think I’ll be looking at a higher scoring affair for both teams.Eg BTTS/plus 2.5 typebet.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Spurs and United to win @3,3

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Slavia Prague, Benfica, FC Porto, Flamengo, RB Salzburg & NK Maribor @8.09

Trequarista10

Anyone here use Football Index (or any of the smaller competitors)?

I love the concept, market in a bit of disarray at the moment due to recent changes which didn't work, but prices dropped so much I made a deposit recently and re-organised my portfolio to better suit the changes. Really enjoying the trading aspect and am consistently make a profit by trading and getting in play dividends. Unfortunately the market keeps dropping and will do until the company gets it shit together, fixes a few obvious errors, but I'm reinvesting profit and dividends and building a bigger and bigger portfolio.

Interested to see opinions, or if it's even something many people are aware of.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Anyone here use Football Index (or any of the smaller competitors)?

I love the concept, market in a bit of disarray at the moment due to recent changes which didn't work, but prices dropped so much I made a deposit recently and re-organised my portfolio to better suit the changes. Really enjoying the trading aspect and am consistently make a profit by trading and getting in play dividends. Unfortunately the market keeps dropping and will do until the company gets it shit together, fixes a few obvious errors, but I'm reinvesting profit and dividends and building a bigger and bigger portfolio.

Interested to see opinions, or if it's even something many people are aware of.
Yes there is a thread about it in General forum. Not sure you can access it as a newbie.

Do not use it personally, think it is too complex for what it is worth. Also not a fan of owning shares of players without them benefitting. Almost third party ownership.

I do play fantasy football cash games on a German mobile app called Spitch Live, which has Juergen Klopp as investor. You pay a fixed sum of money to enter a tournament, create a lineup for every Bundesliga game and win according to Opta performances of each player. Winning % is higher than traditional betting, although absolute numbers are in the low hundred £.

Last edited:

Trequarista10

Yes there is a thread about it in General forum. Not sure you can access it as a newbie.

Do not use it personally, think it is too complex for what it is worth. Also not a fan of owning shares of players without them benefitting. Almost third party ownership.

I do play fantasy football cash games on a German mobile app called Spitch Live, which has Juergen Klopp as investor. You pay a fixed sum of money to enter a tournament, create a lineup for every Bundesliga game and win according to Opta performances of each player. Winning % is higher than traditional betting, although absolute numbers are in the low hundred £.
Ah yes, can't view the thread yet. Need one more like *cough* mods *cough*

Spitch sounds interesting and similiar to Draft Kings? I signed up to Draft Kings when it first moved into football, having made its name in American Football. The first week I won a tournament that was restricted for new players, cashed out half, then lost the rest over the next few weeks and didn't go back to it.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Ah yes, can't view the thread yet. Need one more like *cough* mods *cough*

Spitch sounds interesting and similiar to Draft Kings? I signed up to Draft Kings when it first moved into football, having made its name in American Football. The first week I won a tournament that was restricted for new players, cashed out half, then lost the rest over the next few weeks and didn't go back to it.
Yes same concept as Draft Kings. Top 40% make a profit. No glitches as well...

Flanders Devil

Yes. I was on this too - sorry I didn’t post beforehand- but similar logic to the Arsenal v Southampton game. I got on at 2.6, which I thought was decent.

I don’t like betting on our games - but I think I’ll be looking at a higher scoring affair for both teams.Eg BTTS/plus 2.5 typebet.
Always sounds easy in hindsight. But my 2 bets already won by half time. I took the above with also a total of 4.5 plus goals in the game. I thought it was a bit short at $4.0, but turns out not to be the case.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
on draw in play in Barcelona v catolica in ecuador at 6/4. Also on 0-0 at 7/2. Barca need a point to win the league, cato need them to win the league also so they get copa. If cato win they don’t get copa. Is a risk that Barca win but the first 30 minutes no one has tried to score. They’re just passing the ball back and forth; farce of a game so far. Is a risk of a random goal but think it’ll go 1-1 then, looks agreed that it’ll end a draw so far. Cato won’t win anyway, so a draw is just laying Barca win. Barca have had a couple of attacks and haven’t even tried to score, passed backwards instead of shooting.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
on draw in play in Barcelona v catolica in ecuador at 6/4. Also on 0-0 at 7/2. Barca need a point to win the league, cato need them to win the league also so they get copa. If cato win they don’t get copa. Is a risk that Barca win but the first 30 minutes no one has tried to score. They’re just passing the ball back and forth; farce of a game so far. Is a risk of a random goal but think it’ll go 1-1 then, looks agreed that it’ll end a draw so far. Cato won’t win anyway, so a draw is just laying Barca win. Barca have had a couple of attacks and haven’t even tried to score, passed backwards instead of shooting.
21 players playing for 0-0, Barca striker only player sprinting and even trying to get forward, wouldn't be surprised to see him subbed. Cato have zero interest in scoring, don't see them scoring at all. Barca are just passing it backwards too bar the one striker, hopefully he realises no one wants to score.