Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Played horrendous first 30. Manager trying to get them to play out from the back against a good pressing side. Manager isn’t good enough to chance tactics against a good team. Need to just launch the ball long to Kirby Kerr and Harder and let them do something. Absolutely crazy tactics so far.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Wouldn't be surprised if Wolfsburg crumble a bit now. Must be pretty demoralizing to dominate that much then go behind.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Wouldn't be surprised if Wolfsburg crumble a bit now. Must be pretty demoralizing to dominate that much then go behind.
Hopefully, quality finally shown for us. Hardest chance all game but Kerr class finisher thankfully. Need a big hold. Tactics a lot better this half at least; still passing around too much and giving the ball away though. Don’t think I’ve ever seen them misplace as many passes as today.

muller

I was on 95% for cash out and then one of the kids needed a drink.. came back and I hadn’t pressed it and it was 2-1.. ergh..

Sylar

I was on 95% for cash out and then one of the kids needed a drink.. came back and I hadn’t pressed it and it was 2-1.. ergh..
Damn. 2 minutes left.

Not watching but isee its on 97 minutes, the heck

Last edited:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Putting in more on Luleå live. They usually win everytime they get the first goal. 15 Wins, 1 loss and 2 draws when getting the first goal.
Regulation @1.60
-1,5 @1.80

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Putting in more on Luleå live. They usually win everytime they get the first goal. 15 Wins, 1 loss and 2 draws when getting the first goal.
Regulation @1.60
-1,5 @1.80
2-0, this will be easy money now i Guess.. more than half of the game left but cant see Luleå messing this up. I forgot to say Luleå are one of the best home teams in the league and also has a superior squad to Malmo :D

muller

Damn. 2 minutes left.

Not watching but isee its on 97 minutes, the heck
yeah, was watching. Just didn’t seem to end! Got back to 95% and cashed out anyway / good profit for me (small standards I know!)

As always, thanks @Spiersey!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Well win was a pretty bad bet, really no idea how they weren’t losing before the 1st goal. Really poor performance, team couldn’t pass at all and personally think they just bottled it. Very nervous performance. However, Chelsea had the quality, Kirby, Harder and Kerr are the 3 best players on the pitch so never out of it no matter how bad the game plays out.
I stake a lot of good bets that lose so it’s very nice to stake a bad bet that wins.

I think the bet itself was fine pre game and I would stake it again. The market agreed pre game. I’m chalking it off as a terrible performance however I wouldn’t be in a rush to back the same bet next week. I think they’ll play scoreline which could make it even more one sided. Orices will be interesting, big move for Chelsea pre game and a big move in play for Wolfs so bookies probably won’t have a clue how to price it initially I’m guessing.

Probably need to evaluate my pricing for English teams for the later rounds if Chelsea get through. I do believe City and Chelsea squads are as strong as any but seem to be lacking behind tactically and in terms of confidence. Wolfs were way more assured, same as Barca. Experience probably a bigger factor than I’d priced in to these.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Chelsea paid wolfs £300k for harder and I don’t think she’s managed a single pass all night.
Wow i didn't know transfer fees were that much behind in Women's football and that's the record too !
Anyway thanks for the tip, got a little tenner out of it :D

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Regulation @1.60
-1,5 @1.80
Win.
2/4 on the swedish games so far. Hope the NHL goes better than yesterday. Love the early starts when living in europe.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Electric start from the Wilds, still 0-0 but I have a feeling they will cover the puck line @2.20 tonight.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Mixed games for tonight!

SHL
Bjorkloven regulation @1.70
Timra -1,5 @1.75
Lulea in regulation @1.60

NHL
Calgary ML @1.60
Penguins in regulation @1.55
Wilds in regulation @1.65
Kings - Sharks under 7.5 goals @1.30
Winnipeg ML @1.70
Great night! 4/5 on the NHL, Some accas hitting, good betting day overall. Had Penguins and Winnipeg -2,5 In one acca, of course that one hitting.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Haiti u23 win at 7/2 worth a bit tonight. Haiti lost 3-0 to Honduras but they started the game with 10 men and an outfielder in goals for 20 minutes. Was chaos pre game with covid issues, so they were missing loads of players and some only got clearance just before ko so had to travel to the game and missed kick off. Was a pretty even game. Haiti were +2.5 asian to Canada and were arguably better team, miles better team 2nd half and should have won the game. El Salv got smashed by Honduras, freak result being 1-1. Think Haiti should probably be favourites if Haiti have full squad. Will be a close game for me, both need to win by a couple I think to have any chance of going through so a draw has very little use to either, so I think win has better value than double chance in this scenario.

muller

Haiti u23 win at 7/2 worth a bit tonight. Haiti lost 3-0 to Honduras but they started the game with 10 men and an outfielder in goals for 20 minutes. Was chaos pre game with covid issues, so they were missing loads of players and some only got clearance just before ko so had to travel to the game and missed kick off. Was a pretty even game. Haiti were +2.5 asian to Canada and were arguably better team, miles better team 2nd half and should have won the game. El Salv got smashed by Honduras, freak result being 1-1. Think Haiti should probably be favourites if Haiti have full squad. Will be a close game for me, both need to win by a couple I think to have any chance of going through so a draw has very little use to either, so I think win has better value than double chance in this scenario.
Interesting. 4.1 on 365 at the moment. Will jump on, thanks.

muller

Great night! 4/5 on the NHL, Some accas hitting, good betting day overall. Had Penguins and Winnipeg -2,5 In one acca, of course that one hitting.
What's your strategy, if you don't mind me asking. I'm moving away from the the spur of the moment betting which has meant that over the last 5 years, on sports anyway, I have invested hundreds of hours for a total of +£286.

With your Hockey bets, when you seem to back the favorites at 1.6, 1.7 etc, and then accas, it seems that 1 or 2 bad results or anything less than about an 80% rate would mean breaking even?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

Followed this yesterday and penguins won 5-2 . They play again tonight and I think it's worth another go. Sabres have lost 11 of the last 14 by more than two goals

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Small treble on

Russia U21 -1 AH
France U21 + O2.5
Portugal/Croatia U21 O 2.5

@ 9.42

Last edited:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
What's your strategy, if you don't mind me asking. I'm moving away from the the spur of the moment betting which has meant that over the last 5 years, on sports anyway, I have invested hundreds of hours for a total of +£286.

With your Hockey bets, when you seem to back the favorites at 1.6, 1.7 etc, and then accas, it seems that 1 or 2 bad results or anything less than about an 80% rate would mean breaking even?
I can send you a PM :)

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm

Followed this yesterday and penguins won 5-2 . They play again tonight and I think it's worth another go. Sabres have lost 11 of the last 14 by more than two goals
Yeah I’ve been betting against Sabres since the season started, been a good strategy :lol: Starting to be a bit cautious with them now though. They will get a win sooner or later..

Banker alert for tonight!
Toronto -1,5 @1,80

Ottawa with three injured goaltenders. It could be their fourth goalie that played less than 24 hours ago. Ottawa is currently allowing most goals per game (4) and played less than 24 hours ago. Toronto need to get back on track here. Could see this be a 3 or 4 goal win for them.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Colorado - Vegas .. two of the hottest teams in the NHL right now. Gonna be an exciting game! Starting a bit too late for me unfortunaly.
It’s gonna be waay closer than the bookies suggests that have Colorado as huge favourites.
I like Vegas ML @2,60. There’s not much that separate these two so will most likely be a close game. Vegas are 6-1 in their last 7 games and 7-3 on the road. (Will have it to boost a risky acca so nothing big on it)

Also on under 6.5 goals @1.60

Last edited:

ROFLUTION

Played Denmark 0-2 and 0-1 combined with Haiti-win. Denmark won 0-2, now it's up to Haiti to make me hit odds 25. 'sGooooooo. Cheers for the tip.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Spain to win both halves @2 felt like it was too good to be true. And .. shocker!
great result for Sweden though :)

Good odds on Italy, Sweden and Germany to win both halves. Treble @5.5 won.

Leafs -1,5 is my bet of the night.
Like Washington ML too.

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Should say, I’m not worried about the market not being a fan of this bet. The market doesn’t realise the problems Haiti had first game. The market backed Canada from -1.5 to -2.5 last game and it was comfortably one of the worst market moves this year. Fair line there was Haiti 0 Asian favourites. Fair line Canada El Salv was -1 Canada.
I think the game can end any scoreline given the scenario with both sides needing to win by 2. Either side could get a decent sized win depending on who scores first as the opposition might give up.

Danny Roberts

Should say, I’m not worried about the market not being a fan of this bet. The market doesn’t realise the problems Haiti had first game. The market backed Canada from -1.5 to -2.5 last game and it was comfortably one of the worst market moves this year. Fair line there was Haiti 0 Asian favourites. Fair line Canada El Salv was -1 Canada.
I think the game can end any scoreline given the scenario with both sides needing to win by 2. Either side could get a decent sized win depending on who scores first as the opposition might give up.
Do you know much about how it played out?

hubbuh

Backed Senegal and Morocco in a double @ 3.0 today.
Where did you get that for 3.0?! 1.8 on Bet365.

No dice on the Haiti game @Spiersey, on the hockey @Knux. I watched the first half of the Leafs - Ottawa game, Ottawa wouldn't yield! First hockey I've watched and it was good fun. Onwards and upwards!