Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Had over 2 AH @1.70 which was great odds. Was always going to be atleast 2 goals in that game.

Belgium @1.85 but Denmark only 1.40 against Finland? Fishy line. Finland are no pushovers.

Have no favourite in Wales - Schweiz. Can see a 1-1 draw.

Belgium and England are the obvious bets this Weekend i think.

Sylar

Why are the odds on Belgien so high? Does The bookies know something we don’t?
Yeah it's really strange
Would have them as big favourites unless they know Belgium will be without players or something covid related happened?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Took 2.04 for Belgium on the exchange. Just too good a price to turn down really. They really should beat the Russians.

Berbaclass

Had over 2 AH @1.70 which was great odds. Was always going to be atleast 2 goals in that game.

Belgium @1.85 but Denmark only 1.40 against Finland? Fishy line. Finland are no pushovers.

Have no favourite in Wales - Schweiz. Can see a 1-1 draw.

Belgium and England are the obvious bets this Weekend i think.
Hope you had money on it!

Berbaclass

Palmeiras play in the Paulista derby against Corinthians tonight.

Backing Over 1.5 Palmeiras team goals @ 2.20. Think it's pretty good value. I expect them to win but not keep a clean sheet so will need two goals to do so.

Ady87

Had a bit of a roller coaster 24 hours.

Had £100 on Italy, Denmark and Belgium. Also stupidly got swept up in the promising Wales start and stuck £50 on at 4/1.

However then had 4 winners with Belgium 10/11, Belgium 1st goal 20/21, 2nd goal Evens, 3rd goal Evens. Ended up a chunk. Can’t believe how purposely and tactically pedestrian Belgium were 2nd half. Got away with the 3rd in play bet.

Raredaredevil

Anyone thinks Germany can win the Euros? They are priced at odds of 10 to win. Honestly think it's worth a bet and they're the most underrated teams considering a lot of their players come from Bayern Munich and Chelsea, and only recently won the treble and Champions League. I know they aren't the force they used to be before the 2018 World Cup disaster but surely they would make up for their disastrous World Cup loss and it's Joachim Loew's swansong.

Berbaclass

Palmeiras play in the Paulista derby against Corinthians tonight.

Backing Over 1.5 Palmeiras team goals @ 2.20. Think it's pretty good value. I expect them to win but not keep a clean sheet so will need two goals to do so.
Lost. Drew 1-1 which was frustrating as they scored after 3 minutes and had little chances after that.

Also had a single on Santos @ 1.7 which was I jumped on just after KO but that finished 0-0 so a frustrating evening!

Not really much I fancy tomorrow. Think England win but I’m not really willing to take them at ~ @1.6. Far too short for the risk IMO. I’d be tempted closer to even money. Austria don’t really look that good and I think the Dutch game will be very close.

The only thing I might do tomorrow is Colombia @ 1.90 against Ecuador. Colombia came back from 2-0 down against Argentina the other night and looked okay and Ecuador lost at home in a very poor game against Peru. Think Colombia will beat them fairly comfortably.

Sylar

What makes it weird is their odds went up so significantly high up to evens before kickoff, from 1.65 to 2.05.
Yeah I took them before kickoff and added a booster on it

Seemed weird like the bookies knew Lukaku was missing or something

Raredaredevil

Yeah I took them before kickoff and added a booster on it

Seemed weird like the bookies knew Lukaku was missing or something
I think they were counting on Russia's home advantage. I also had decent money on Belgium to win but didn't expect them to cruise so easily.

Zen

Croatia +1 ah @1.9. I think we are completely overrated as usual.
Call me mad, but isn't Croatia +1 basically Double chance Draw or Croatia win.... which you can get at 2.48 right now?

Jagga7

Call me mad, but isn't Croatia +1 basically Double chance Draw or Croatia win.... which you can get at 2.48 right now?
Madness! If England manage to win by a goal it's stake back, so adds a bit of security. I think its good value.

Zen

Ah, didn't know you got the stake back.... why I've always ignored those point zero handicaps :lol:

heinze58

Supports
SETI
I’ve gone fairly big (for me - £4) on Memphis to score anytime and the Dutch to win at 13/8.

Gee Male

Looking to see if someone can explain something to me.

Scotland v Czech, on my bookies if I back correct score at 0-0 then the odds I'm getting are 6.5 but if I back under 0.5 goals then the odds are 7.0

Own goals count in both bets.

What am I missing? Is this not the exact same bet with different odds?

Danny Roberts

Looking to see if someone can explain something to me.

Scotland v Czech, on my bookies if I back correct score at 0-0 then the odds I'm getting are 6.5 but if I back under 0.5 goals then the odds are 7.0

Own goals count in both bets.

What am I missing? Is this not the exact same bet with different odds?
Yup, same bet, different odds. Something you just get sometimes, often +0.5 ah is better odds than draw/win double chance for example

Gee Male

Yup, same bet, different odds. Something you just get sometimes, often +0.5 ah is better odds than draw/win double chance for example
Weird that, I thought that would be the type of thing they'd close out on.

Thanks for the reply.

Berbaclass

Lost. Drew 1-1 which was frustrating as they scored after 3 minutes and had little chances after that.

Also had a single on Santos @ 1.7 which was I jumped on just after KO but that finished 0-0 so a frustrating evening!

Not really much I fancy tomorrow. Think England win but I’m not really willing to take them at ~ @1.6. Far too short for the risk IMO. I’d be tempted closer to even money. Austria don’t really look that good and I think the Dutch game will be very close.

The only thing I might do tomorrow is Colombia @ 1.90 against Ecuador. Colombia came back from 2-0 down against Argentina the other night and looked okay and Ecuador lost at home in a very poor game against Peru. Think Colombia will beat them fairly comfortably.
Won 1-0. Good stuff.

Fancy Scotland against the Czechs. Although I'm going for Over 8.5 corners @ 1.70. Was looking at some corner stats last night and I think it looks likely.

Berbaclass

Had a small double on Poland to win and then BTTS & Over 2.5 in the Spain v Sweden game.

5.01 for the double

Berbaclass

Had a bigger bet on Lewandowski Over 1.5 shots on target @ 1.67

Not a huge price obviously but I struggle to see him not getting a few shots on target. Fairly sure he takes some freekicks as well as pens too.

Ole90+3

Had a bigger bet on Lewandowski Over 1.5 shots on target @ 1.67

Not a huge price obviously but I struggle to see him not getting a few shots on target. Fairly sure he takes some freekicks as well as pens too.
Paddypower have Lewandowski at least 1 SOT each half at 2/1 currently if you'd prefer that.

Berbaclass

Isak is @1.67 to have a single shot on target against Spain. Will probably lump on that if my Lewa bet comes in.