Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Raredaredevil

Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester @ 2.56
I think Spurs and Leicester are bankers but I'd be careful of Arsenal. Theoretically, they should win but Rapid Vienna is strong at home and Arsenal has been poor away though past two games were against Liverpool and City.

SalfordCitizen

Saw a real fancy on william hill today of Worthing to win the English ismathian league at 7/4. Winning the league by 7 points last year scoring a bucket full of goals, denied the title due to season abandonment. The owner was furious and such was his confidence of promotion renovated the stadium to the tune of £150,000 ready for the title in 2020/2021 season. 6 games in so far, winning 5, only played one at home. Pretty confident of this shout. One to probably stick in an accumulator as money will be tied up for several months.

SalfordCitizen

Done a league winning accumulator with these teams, I do them pretty much every day of the week. End of the year I could have about 300-400 outright bets, staking about £5-£12 on each accumulator hoping for that one season where the big fancies all win at the same time then a few of mine come up. Only downside is that if a big fancy doesnt come through and I've chosen them 30-40 times then that 30-40 accumulators down the drain, that's the risk you got to take I suppose. Last year did one at christmas of 16 teams and won £3000 on a £6. Spent £2500 grand and got back £9000 in total so it did well. Very unlucky on a few like Falkirk in Scottish League one as they were only a point behind with 9 games left (Coronavirus ended it) but bookmakers settled on Raith, I was pretty certain Falkirk would have won it, cost me around £4000 but cest la vie.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Might be the past trauma speaking but i'd replace Arsenal in this by Napoli or Villareal in that order which looks a lot safer.
Arsenal have been training with a backline that includes Mustafi who traveled for the first time this season and Runnarsson might make his debut in goal. Ceballos, Willian and Holding are out so be ready for tumescent football with not a lot of creativity. I have no idea what Rapid Vienna are like so best stay away from that game imo.
Team is easily strong enough to beat Vienna

Berbaclass

I think Spurs and Leicester are bankers but I'd be careful of Arsenal. Theoretically, they should win but Rapid Vienna is strong at home and Arsenal has been poor away though past two games were against Liverpool and City.
Arsenal lineup is stronger than I thought it would be so think they're even better value now.

SalfordCitizen

Take some of these teams and I dont think you can go far wrong. Some are quite short prices but clump them up then the odds soon shoot up.

Hearts to win Scottish Championship (1/4), robbie neilson in charge, knows how to win the league. Best squad by miles. Confidence 10/10
Queens Park
to win Scottish League 2 (8/15). Signed players from a tier above, they're not messing around this time, should win the league very easily.
YB Berne to win Swiss League (4/9). Taken over from Basel now as top dogs in Switzerland, three times consecutive champions, number 4 on it's way.
Club Brugge to win Belgian League (8/15) Started slowly now on top again, they'll go on a few runs of 5-6 wins which no other team does and wins the league very easily.
Benfica to win Portuguese League 4/9. Waldschmitt and Darwin pretty good players they signed, along with Jesus as manager. Improved massively from last year. Already 5 clear of Porto.
Espanyol to win La Liga 2 (6/4). Relegated and by far the biggest fish in this league. Already 3 clear, only conceded one goal. De Tomas is a stunning player for this league, he wont be at Espanyol for long. Can see them winning it like Levante did a few years ago, by a 20 point margin.
Atletico Madrid w/o real & Barca (4/6). Pretty good accumulator material. They're boring but they do the job of finishing 3rd above the rest.
Dortmund w/o bayern (8/13). Only Leipzig as main dangers, but can see a few problems long term scoring goals with the loss of werner. Haaland, Sancho and co will finish second.
Ferncvaros win hungarian league (1/3). Havent lost a home league game for several years. Main challenger Fehevar but not consistent enough.
TNS to win welsh league (2/7). Winning it every year from 2011-2019. Lost out to Connahs Quay last year due to coronavirus, would have 90% came out on top had the full season been played out. Draper will score a bundle of goals for TNS much like lloyd-Williams used to do all them years ago. You can be sure they'll be top dogs again in 2020/2021.
Midtylland win Danish league (5/6). Exceptional accumulator price. Copenhagen are woeful and aren't challenging for the top 2 let alone the title. Bronby will finish second I believe.
Celtic to win scottish league (11/10) Amazed rangers are now odds on favourites. Four behind Rangers with a spare game. Celtic are next to guaranteed to beat the dross of the league more consistently than rangers. I'd have celtic as favourites by a huge margin. We shall see but I see no other outcome than 10 in a row for celtic.
Olympiakos to win Greek league (1/4) Yeah, they're winning this by 30 points.
Linfield to win northern irish league (4/6) Traditional big boys have found their mojo again and the rest of the pack cant deal with it. Put them in.
Legia Warsaw to win Polish League (8/11) Always start dreadfully each league season out of arrogance. Rest players for qualifying rounds of europe then once the seasons in full swing they'll go on a run and win it again. Dont get me wrong Legia are awful but the polish league is even worse. Lech Poznan offers polish fans a hope of a challenge, but they're awful as well.

I'm holding back on putting Juventus in until I see them racking up a few wins on the trot, and theres a few teams that are getting closer. If it looks like another juventus procession by christmas time thats the time to start including them. La liga I havent a clue, all teams are pretty bad, if I had to say someone it would be Real but not with any confidence. Austrian Bundesliga, Salzburg are winning it again, but the bookmakers know that, 1/20 the price, no point in including them. Patson Daka is one hell of a player, he will be the next Samuel etoo, I think hes that good.
In the Austrian second division Austria Klagenfurt (2/1) surely should rule the league this year. They are second favourites to Wacker Innsbruck who are 6/4. My shouts for last season Ried just about held them off on the final day of the season to secure me £2000 (woohoo). No idea why Wacker Innsbruck are favorites. I know they are a former Bundesliga outfit. I tried to look on their Facebook account to see any news of a financial takeover. They have finished dreadfully mid table in this division for a few years now so cant for the life of think they are well fancied. All the comments on Facebook are in Austrian (actually german then because theres no such thing as austrian) and then the translations into english are strange. Anyone here help me out with this one (longshot I guess).

Premier league is hard, have no idea. It was Liverpool for me before Van Dijks injury, now I have no clue. Man City aren't ad dominant in matches years gone by so even them racking up 6 or 7 wins is hard now. Holland is pretty much a 70-30 in favour of Ajax (8/11). PSV recruited Roger Schmitt and people in Holland are pretty much sure it will be an experiment, one which will go amazingly or drastically wrong.

Turkish League notoriously difficult. They had 5 teams all priced between 3-1 and 7-1. Hard pressed I would say Fernerbache (6-5) will be top dogs again. Had a bad few years but signed some quality attacking players over the summer and the feel good factor has returned. Champions Basaksehirs squad is ancient and have no chance this year. Galatasaray need to replace Terim as manager before they hope to do anything. Over in Czech republic's its Slavia Prague (8/15) for me, they win matches resting 7-8 players because of European commitments. Sit 2 points behind Sparta who have been terrible for a few years now. Plzen will second second ultimately, they have been complaining a lot because they dont rule anymore, Slavia has well and truly taken over.

Ivan Toney top championship scorer (2/1) and Brentford promotion (5/4). This player will be in premier league sooner enough. Of course with top scorer bets they are a bit more risky due to injury. Stays fit he fires Brentford into the premier league scoring between 25-30 goals.
Hamburg to win Bundesliga 2 (7/4). Started of with 4/4 wins and play awful wurzburger this weekend so should be 5/5. They are a massive club for this league. Main rivals Hannover look awful. Very tough league though so things can change soon enough.
Stockport promotion from national league (2/1). Signed well, should take all the beating in league. Should definitely be up there.
Interesting one in serie b, they have Monza as 9/4 favourites. They were took over by ex AC Milan chief Berlusconni and won the league below last season by a huge margin. Berlusconni wants them in serie a as soon as possible. This is their first year in serie b. They have drew their first few games. This is one to sit and watch, if they start to rack up a few wins I'll put them in.

SalfordCitizen

Not really one for betting on matches but Benfica should be really be smashing up Lech Poznan tonight they have literally 0 defenders and are awful in the polish league. Benfica-1 quite confident and lesser stakes on -2.

SalfordCitizen

Not really one for betting on matches but Benfica should be really be smashing up Lech Poznan tonight they have literally 0 defenders and are awful in the polish league. Benfica-1 quite confident and lesser stakes on -2.
0-1 just scored. Come on benfica win 6-0 (lol).

Marty1968

Take some of these teams and I dont think you can go far wrong. Some are quite short prices but clump them up then the odds soon shoot up.

Hearts to win Scottish Championship (1/4), robbie neilson in charge, knows how to win the league. Best squad by miles. Confidence 10/10
Queens Park
to win Scottish League 2 (8/15). Signed players from a tier above, they're not messing around this time, should win the league very easily.
YB Berne to win Swiss League (4/9). Taken over from Basel now as top dogs in Switzerland, three times consecutive champions, number 4 on it's way.
Club Brugge to win Belgian League (8/15) Started slowly now on top again, they'll go on a few runs of 5-6 wins which no other team does and wins the league very easily.
Benfica to win Portuguese League 4/9. Waldschmitt and Darwin pretty good players they signed, along with Jesus as manager. Improved massively from last year. Already 5 clear of Porto.
Espanyol to win La Liga 2 (6/4). Relegated and by far the biggest fish in this league. Already 3 clear, only conceded one goal. De Tomas is a stunning player for this league, he wont be at Espanyol for long. Can see them winning it like Levante did a few years ago, by a 20 point margin.
Atletico Madrid w/o real & Barca (4/6). Pretty good accumulator material. They're boring but they do the job of finishing 3rd above the rest.
Dortmund w/o bayern (8/13). Only Leipzig as main dangers, but can see a few problems long term scoring goals with the loss of werner. Haaland, Sancho and co will finish second.
Ferncvaros win hungarian league (1/3). Havent lost a home league game for several years. Main challenger Fehevar but not consistent enough.
TNS to win welsh league (2/7). Winning it every year from 2011-2019. Lost out to Connahs Quay last year due to coronavirus, would have 90% came out on top had the full season been played out. Draper will score a bundle of goals for TNS much like lloyd-Williams used to do all them years ago. You can be sure they'll be top dogs again in 2020/2021.
Midtylland win Danish league (5/6). Exceptional accumulator price. Copenhagen are woeful and aren't challenging for the top 2 let alone the title. Bronby will finish second I believe.
Celtic to win scottish league (11/10) Amazed rangers are now odds on favourites. Four behind Rangers with a spare game. Celtic are next to guaranteed to beat the dross of the league more consistently than rangers. I'd have celtic as favourites by a huge margin. We shall see but I see no other outcome than 10 in a row for celtic.
Olympiakos to win Greek league (1/4) Yeah, they're winning this by 30 points.
Linfield to win northern irish league (4/6) Traditional big boys have found their mojo again and the rest of the pack cant deal with it. Put them in.
Legia Warsaw to win Polish League (8/11) Always start dreadfully each league season out of arrogance. Rest players for qualifying rounds of europe then once the seasons in full swing they'll go on a run and win it again. Dont get me wrong Legia are awful but the polish league is even worse. Lech Poznan offers polish fans a hope of a challenge, but they're awful as well.

I'm holding back on putting Juventus in until I see them racking up a few wins on the trot, and theres a few teams that are getting closer. If it looks like another juventus procession by christmas time thats the time to start including them. La liga I havent a clue, all teams are pretty bad, if I had to say someone it would be Real but not with any confidence. Austrian Bundesliga, Salzburg are winning it again, but the bookmakers know that, 1/20 the price, no point in including them. Patson Daka is one hell of a player, he will be the next Samuel etoo, I think hes that good.
In the Austrian second division Austria Klagenfurt (2/1) surely should rule the league this year. They are second favourites to Wacker Innsbruck who are 6/4. My shouts for last season Ried just about held them off on the final day of the season to secure me £2000 (woohoo). No idea why Wacker Innsbruck are favorites. I know they are a former Bundesliga outfit. I tried to look on their Facebook account to see any news of a financial takeover. They have finished dreadfully mid table in this division for a few years now so cant for the life of think they are well fancied. All the comments on Facebook are in Austrian (actually german then because theres no such thing as austrian) and then the translations into english are strange. Anyone here help me out with this one (longshot I guess).

Premier league is hard, have no idea. It was Liverpool for me before Van Dijks injury, now I have no clue. Man City aren't ad dominant in matches years gone by so even them racking up 6 or 7 wins is hard now. Holland is pretty much a 70-30 in favour of Ajax (8/11). PSV recruited Roger Schmitt and people in Holland are pretty much sure it will be an experiment, one which will go amazingly or drastically wrong.

Turkish League notoriously difficult. They had 5 teams all priced between 3-1 and 7-1. Hard pressed I would say Fernerbache (6-5) will be top dogs again. Had a bad few years but signed some quality attacking players over the summer and the feel good factor has returned. Champions Basaksehirs squad is ancient and have no chance this year. Galatasaray need to replace Terim as manager before they hope to do anything. Over in Czech republic's its Slavia Prague (8/15) for me, they win matches resting 7-8 players because of European commitments. Sit 2 points behind Sparta who have been terrible for a few years now. Plzen will second second ultimately, they have been complaining a lot because they dont rule anymore, Slavia has well and truly taken over.

Ivan Toney top championship scorer (2/1) and Brentford promotion (5/4). This player will be in premier league sooner enough. Of course with top scorer bets they are a bit more risky due to injury. Stays fit he fires Brentford into the premier league scoring between 25-30 goals.
Hamburg to win Bundesliga 2 (7/4). Started of with 4/4 wins and play awful wurzburger this weekend so should be 5/5. They are a massive club for this league. Main rivals Hannover look awful. Very tough league though so things can change soon enough.
Stockport promotion from national league (2/1). Signed well, should take all the beating in league. Should definitely be up there.
Interesting one in serie b, they have Monza as 9/4 favourites. They were took over by ex AC Milan chief Berlusconni and won the league below last season by a huge margin. Berlusconni wants them in serie a as soon as possible. This is their first year in serie b. They have drew their first few games. This is one to sit and watch, if they start to rack up a few wins I'll put them in.
Nice write up on these. Good effort! Might pick a few of them myself. Worth a tenner!

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Had my first Cheltenham bet today, McFabulous 11/1 was 14/1 last week but was waiting on Man City -1 last night.

on Hearts -1 11/10 tomorrow night away to Arbroath.

mu4c_20le

Arsenal got lucky there, they were so poor in the first half. I hate betting on them but do it anyways for some reason.

Berbaclass

Arsenal got lucky there, they were so poor in the first half. I hate betting on them but do it anyways for some reason.
They were pretty flat but really didn't get troubled much. Obviously, a mistake for the goal they conceded but they upped their intensity after that and I thought they won fairly comfortably then.

Sylar

Leicester got a decent team
They better not fck up my acca

Berbaclass

I think the Eagles are a superb bet against the NY Giants. They're 1-4 but beat the 49'ers and then ran into an in-form Pittsburgh Steelers and then lost narrowly to Lamar Jackson's Ravens. I think the Eagles -5 @ 1.95 represents really nice value.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Napoli & Bayer & PAOK @3.11 [FAIL]
PSV @2.20 [FAIL]
Rijeka - Real Sociedad over 2.5 @1.85 [FAIL]
Roma @2.41 [WIN]
Braga - AEK BTTS @1.99 [FAIL]
Milan & Villarreal @2.70 [WIN]

small punt Valencia AH-4.5 @1.91 [WIN]
Red Star AH+6.5 @1.95 [WIN]
small punt Red Start @3.30 [WIN]
A very productive night indeed. My basket hit rate is getting back in form. A nice 32,9€ of profit. Adding @Berbaclass tip profit increases to 52,9€.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Leicester and Spurs saved my night and got me a nice 100€ so i'm +20 in the end. Still very annoyed at Napoli and PSV which would have made me 300€...
Next Europa League gameweek has a few easy ones so i'll be back :D

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Cambridge Utd home to Bolton 11/10, seems a big price considering they are top of the league?

Berbaclass

I think the Eagles are a superb bet against the NY Giants. They're 1-4 but beat the 49'ers and then ran into an in-form Pittsburgh Steelers and then lost narrowly to Lamar Jackson's Ravens. I think the Eagles -5 @ 1.95 represents really nice value.
Poor night for the eagles. Lucky to have even won.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Bayern @2.19 (don't go too high on this one, I'm still trying to figure out how strong Olympiakos is this season)
Real Madrid @2.55 Bare in mind that 2 seasons ago this odd would never be this way because Barcelona reinforced their roster very well, and proably has the most balanced one in the competiton. But it's a derby and without the public pushing for the home team, I think odds for Madrid are higher

Raredaredevil

Arsenal lineup is stronger than I thought it would be so think they're even better value now.
Glad it works out for you. I am annoyed at Napoli! Only team that made me lose out on a 10 game accumulator last night. Got 9/10 right!!!

weizxx

Hearts -1 v Arbroath 13/10, -2 17/5

hearts are away mind you but should beat Arbroath by a couple I would think.
Followed it. Odds droped a lot now. Hope it work out.

luke511

Under 10 asian corners at 1.8 in the Dortmund v Schalke game on 365 is a great price. Dortmund's last league home game over 10 corners was in 2019, and every league home game post lockdown has ended under 8.5 corners, under 8.5 at 2.62 is worth a punt too. Schalke are in awful form so Dortmund should take an early lead (which is good for unders). 365 are a corner too high at least, I have it on a 8.5 line favouring unders when I price it.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Bayern @2.19 (don't go too high on this one, I'm still trying to figure out how strong Olympiakos is this season)
Real Madrid @2.55 Bare in mind that 2 seasons ago this odd would never be this way because Barcelona reinforced their roster very well, and proably has the most balanced one in the competiton. But it's a derby and without the public pushing for the home team, I think odds for Madrid are higher
1/2, so a small profit done.