Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Will repost this in here since it's for tomorrow. Odds come in a little now but 1.8 should still be there in some bookies. Odds might come back tomorrow as people might bet Wilstermann due to the altitude not realising how poor their prep has been.

On Atletico PR +0.5 tomorrow at 1.9 small. Not my favourite scenario for a bet as game is at 2500m altitude so would usually look to bet the home team but think value is in away this time.

They played last year and PR were about 6/4 to win; was priced as a 50/50 game. I was on Wilstermann 0 in that scenario.

PR are worse this year, lost a few good players however Wilstermann haven’t played since March. Their friendly games were called off so they haven’t had any proper games bar internal ones against reserves in the last 6 months. Bolivian fitness is low at the best of times, let alone in these conditions. Should be a big leveller imo as the altitude really kicks in 30-45th minute and 75 onwards. It should be more even that normal during these periods but wilster will probably still be on top during them unless they’re leading. Even with replacements PR are way better player for player, they’ll win comfortably at home. I think the lack of match prep will negate the altitude effects to some extent, will still be issues with ball speed but fitness wise it should be a nice leveller. I think 2.3 is probably fair for Wilster.
These games usually play out with the sea level team being better side first 25 minute or so then the home team gets on top and pressure builds throughout the game. I’m hoping it’ll be slightly different to normal.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Will repost this in here since it's for tomorrow. Odds come in a little now but 1.8 should still be there in some bookies. Odds might come back tomorrow as people might bet Wilstermann due to the altitude not realising how poor their prep has been.

On Atletico PR +0.5 tomorrow at 1.9 small. Not my favourite scenario for a bet as game is at 2500m altitude so would usually look to bet the home team but think value is in away this time.

They played last year and PR were about 6/4 to win; was priced as a 50/50 game. I was on Wilstermann 0 in that scenario.

PR are worse this year, lost a few good players however Wilstermann haven’t played since March. Their friendly games were called off so they haven’t had any proper games bar internal ones against reserves in the last 6 months. Bolivian fitness is low at the best of times, let alone in these conditions. Should be a big leveller imo as the altitude really kicks in 30-45th minute and 75 onwards. It should be more even that normal during these periods but wilster will probably still be on top during them unless they’re leading. Even with replacements PR are way better player for player, they’ll win comfortably at home. I think the lack of match prep will negate the altitude effects to some extent, will still be issues with ball speed but fitness wise it should be a nice leveller. I think 2.3 is probably fair for Wilster.
These games usually play out with the sea level team being better side first 25 minute or so then the home team gets on top and pressure builds throughout the game. I’m hoping it’ll be slightly different to normal.
Interesting. Will follow the match, thanks!

Danny Roberts

Cheers, I got on this and was tempted to back as much as I could to trade it. Didn't and of course nthe price has dropped, albeit only very slightly. Anyway, fingers crossed and thanks again.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On al Sadd win in play at 1.75 small/medium.

really liked overs pre game, thought maybe 3-1/4-2 or something pre game. Neither side is great defensively, should be an open game. Sadd got way more quality going forward, think they should still win unless they completely abandon defending. Ain haven’t played in months, bad prep for them. Fitness should be a big issue for them as the game goes on. Hopefully can get a goal back this half. Still expect Sadd to score 3. Baghdad, Cazorla and Afif is huge quality for this level. All of them only need a chance to score.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On al Sadd win in play at 1.75 small/medium.

really liked overs pre game, thought maybe 3-1/4-2 or something pre game. Neither side is great defensively, should be an open game. Sadd got way more quality going forward, think they should still win unless they completely abandon defending. Ain haven’t played in months, bad prep for them. Fitness should be a big issue for them as the game goes on. Hopefully can get a goal back this half. Still expect Sadd to score 3. Baghdad, Cazorla and Afif is huge quality for this level. All of them only need a chance to score.
Pulled it back to 1-1 after missing 2 sitters then just conceded a 25 yard deflection with a huge keeper error. They;ll win still if the rest of the game plays out as it has since 1-1. Should have scored 3 and Ain have had 1 attack.

Danny Roberts

Pulled it back to 1-1 after missing 2 sitters then just conceded a 25 yard deflection with a huge keeper error. They;ll win still if the rest of the game plays out as it has since 1-1. Should have scored 3 and Ain have had 1 attack.
Hope you're right as I'm on this one too, cheers. Thought it was a masterstroke when the goal alert came through at 1-1...oh well.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Hope you're right as I'm on this one too, cheers. Thought it was a masterstroke when the goal alert came through at 1-1...oh well.
3-2 up now. Hit post and missed 2 big chances this half as well as the goal. Sadd are the best counter team in Asia (bar maybe Hilal) so should score again. Ain still done nothing this half, would expect us to score again. They're very good at killing teams on the counter.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
3-2 up now. Hit post and missed 2 big chances this half as well as the goal. Sadd are the best counter team in Asia (bar maybe Hilal) so should score again. Ain still done nothing this half, would expect us to score again. They're very good at killing teams on the counter.
Sadd just missed an open goal for 4-2 and now just scored an own goal for 3-3. Fair score is like 5-1 so far:lol:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Free header right at the end, but went wide. Like really really wide. Shame. Entertaining match though.
Really expected that to go in when he went up for it, anywhere on target and was a goal. Rewatched the highlights and it's really painful viewing. Will link later once I'm back online for South America stuff. Hopefully PR can make up for Sadd. Really frustrating loss.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Worth cashing for 90% profit on Para. Been better team most of the game but they're completely dead in the altitude now. Lot of pressure and could easily concede, even though only a couple minutes left. One player got subbed off a few minutes ago and was sick over the advertising board. Never seen anyone do that apart from in La Paz.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Worth cashing for 90% profit on Para. Been better team most of the game but they're completely dead in the altitude now. Lot of pressure and could easily concede, even though only a couple minutes left. One player got subbed off a few minutes ago and was sick over the advertising board. Never seen anyone do that apart from in La Paz.

Won anyway, injury time winner after Wilst got a red late on.

Bet was good, expected PR to be a lot better side first 30 then struggle more as the game went on but Wilster started amazing first 15 and PR were better side until the 80th minute or so once alti really kicked in.

If anyone wants to put themselves through some pain, here is the highlights of Sadd earlier on.

Wilkohler

Supports
Union Berlin
Thanks for the great tip. I also done Colo Colo when they were one nil down. It's been a great night

Danny Roberts

Won anyway, injury time winner after Wilst got a red late on.

Bet was good, expected PR to be a lot better side first 30 then struggle more as the game went on but Wilster started amazing first 15 and PR were better side until the 80th minute or so once alti really kicked in.

If anyone wants to put themselves through some pain, here is the highlights of Sadd earlier on.
Cheers for both tips. Too late for me to be cashing out, was in bed.

Really strange highlights selection that, odd footage.

sidsutton

Anybody going to have a go on the golf? Johnson and Rahm look tough to beat but thinking of trying some E/W on Dechambeau, Finau and Fleetwood to have a bit of interest as a viewer.

sidsutton

im on schaufele and Thomas. Short game gonna be key I think.
Indeed. And I was surprised to see Dechambeau top 20 in scrambling. His length off the tee will mean he has a shorter iron to get out of the rough. Up there in shots gained in putting too. At least that was the logic I used to convince myself.

muller

Sure most bookies are doing similar/same but Betfair are doing 10 places for e/w - just incase that helps anyone.

DarkLord

Rafael Nadal seems to be a banker bet at 1.90 for French Open but I said the same for Novak Djokovic at 1.80 for US Open and look how that turned out. Nadal was out of tennis for 200 days yet he is just too good on clay, won 6-1, 6-1 against Pablo Busta, a US Open semi-finalist. Going for a tenner fun bet of Everton, Man Utd, Arsenal, Leeds, Spurs win/draw, Newcastle win/draw, Chelsea draw, Leicester, Juventus, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich at 58, extremely unlikely to hit all and a large bet on Man Utd, Juve, Arsenal, Bayern Munich to win at 3.

Danny Roberts

Indeed. And I was surprised to see Dechambeau top 20 in scrambling. His length off the tee will mean he has a shorter iron to get out of the rough. Up there in shots gained in putting too. At least that was the logic I used to convince myself.
Yeah, I saw that about Dechambeau and was surprised. Not sure I could ever bring myself to back him though!

SambaBoy

Dinamo Tbilisi -2 AH v GAP Connah's Quay is a decent bet. I know a lad who plays for them and some of their better players have been hit by the virus and can't play tomorrow. Don't know much about Tbilisi but they are a bigger team than GAP and were expected to win regardless.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
@André Dominguez Any idea who the covid players are for Sporting and Gil? Had a look earlier and couldn't find anything, think most teams aren't releasing names now.
The names are not fully revealed, just some. But there's a possibility that the game can be re-scheduled. According to the press

Sporting:
  • Borja
  • Nuno Santos
  • Rodrigo Fernandes
  • Pedro Gonçalves
  • Luís Maximiano
From these players, Nuno Santos and Pedro Gonçalves are the only important players to miss.

Gil Vicente did not reveal names, but it has 15 positive cases between players and staff and they have only 15 players available.

weizxx

Dinamo Tbilisi -2 AH v GAP Connah's Quay is a decent bet. I know a lad who plays for them and some of their better players have been hit by the virus and can't play tomorrow. Don't know much about Tbilisi but they are a bigger team than GAP and were expected to win regardless.
Thank you. Followed. Fingers cross.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
The names are not fully revealed, just some. But there's a possibility that the game can be re-scheduled. According to the press

Sporting:
  • Borja
  • Nuno Santos
  • Rodrigo Fernandes
  • Pedro Gonçalves
  • Luís Maximiano
From these players, Nuno Santos and Pedro Gonçalves are the only important players to miss.

Gil Vicente did not reveal names, but it has 15 positive cases between players and staff and they have only 15 players available.
Cheers, will skip until lineups.

On Spurs -1,75 tonight at 1.8. Full strength side, its a 5/6-0 win on paper. Loko only qualified via the cup, they are a really average Bulgarian side. Ludo are a lot better and would expect Spurs to beat them 2+ away. Jose must be using it to get team up to full fitness, I think he will want a big win tonight after the weekends performance. Would probably be large on if it wasn't for how bad they were against Everton and how disjointed they looked. Main issue was the gap between midfield and attack, shouldn't be a problem tonight as it should be really one sided.

weizxx

Cheers, will skip until lineups.

On Spurs -1,75 tonight at 1.8. Full strength side, its a 5/6-0 win on paper. Loko only qualified via the cup, they are a really average Bulgarian side. Ludo are a lot better and would expect Spurs to beat them 2+ away. Jose must be using it to get team up to full fitness, I think he will want a big win tonight after the weekends performance. Would probably be large on if it wasn't for how bad they were against Everton and how disjointed they looked. Main issue was the gap between midfield and attack, shouldn't be a problem tonight as it should be really one sided.
Thank you! Followed! But... isn't it Mourinho still there manager? :houllier: Joking.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Very good odd for Unicaja Malaga to win on Saturday. This will be excelent to make a live arb bet too, because Malaga chances to win are actually quite good.

muller

I jumped on this, thanks. Is the team as changed as expected?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
connahs Quay hanging in there at 0-0 with 3 shots on target to their 4 off target. Stuck a tenner on them to win @10/1