Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

SambaBoy

4-0 after 70, should be -2 and -3 paid. Hopefully score more for bigger lines. Bolivia barely left their half all game, been very one sided. Would be 6-0 by now if Firmino could finish 1v1s, Brazil probably missed 4/5 massive chances. Think it'll end 5, would expect a late goal given Bolivia haven't kicked a ball between the entire team since March.
Shock.

LOIfan

Supports
bohemians
Death, taxes and me owing Spiersey a pint if I ever get so lucky as to meet the genius!

Flanders Devil

X5 more rep Ireland players out of the game vs Wales. Wales 2.7 head to head.

edit - 2.7 win, 2.6 draw, 3.2 Ireland win

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Very mainstream but I am pretty big on Man City -1.25 v Porto in a few weeks at 1.8. Very big limits thankfully as its CL. I think -2/2.25 is fair line. City fitness will improve + good chance of at least 1 of Jesus/Aguero being back. Telles looks like hes off too. City are the same line against Arsenal in the league next and would be pretty confident that Arsenal would be -1 at home to Porto. Portuguese league is so poor now compared to previous years.
Excuse my ignorance mate but what is -1.25/2.25? Is that the Asian handicap?

-1 is 4/5 right now, would you be confident on -2 aswell?

thanks for the Brazil tip the other day had -3 and -4

MC89

Supports
Celtic
King Frankel 11/10, 3.55 Goodwood

already finished well ahead of the horse that’s second in the betting over track and trip. If he gets the softer ground he wins.

I also like the look of Honest Exchange e/w @11/2 small stakes in the 145 at newton abbot. There is a heavy odds on fav but Tizzard is one of the trainers with the highest strike rate at the track. If the fav doesn’t fire he should hopefully be on hand to pick up the money - edit: Lost. Badly hampered in running but effort was starting to fade regardless
Never really confident betting on the unknown regarding ground but hopefully wins for you.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Excuse my ignorance mate but what is -1.25/2.25? Is that the Asian handicap?

-1 is 4/5 right now, would you be confident on -2 aswell?

thanks for the Brazil tip the other day had -3 and -4
Yeah it’s asian handicap. They seem really complex but once you get to grip with them they are really easy to understand. Basically asian handicaps are designed to make any game (regardless of difference in ability between two sides) an even game
So if two teams are evenly matched, they would be on a 0 asian (as there’s nothing between the teams)

When I refer to certain lines being correct, eg -2 in this case I would expect the price for -2 to be between 1.8-2.0.Whenever I speak about asian lines the price will 99% be between 1.7 and 2 really as the line would change to a different one. So if -2 chanted to 1.5 price then the actual handicap line Would move to -2.25.
So for the City game, I staked -1.25 at 1.8 or so, and I’d expect the asian handicap line to move to -2 at 1.8ish by kickoff.
-1 (euro handicap I assume) I’d say is worth a small bet. I think they’ll win by 2/3 goals. Potential for a hammering is there though if they play well. I’m banking on a big improvement from their performances so far.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah it’s asian handicap. They seem really complex but once you get to grip with them they are really easy to understand. Basically asian handicaps are designed to make any game (regardless of difference in ability between two sides) an even game
So if two teams are evenly matched, they would be on a 0 asian (as there’s nothing between the teams)

When I refer to certain lines being correct, eg -2 in this case I would expect the price for -2 to be between 1.8-2.0.Whenever I speak about asian lines the price will 99% be between 1.7 and 2 really as the line would change to a different one. So if -2 chanted to 1.5 price then the actual handicap line Would move to -2.25.
So for the City game, I staked -1.25 at 1.8 or so, and I’d expect the asian handicap line to move to -2 at 1.8ish by kickoff.
-1 (euro handicap I assume) I’d say is worth a small bet. I think they’ll win by 2/3 goals. Potential for a hammering is there though if they play well. I’m banking on a big improvement from their performances so far.
what bookmakers is the best for football betting do you think?

MC89

Supports
Celtic

Thanks for that.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Absolutely, I’ve actually doubled up on the England v Belgium game too
Damn.. I missed that. What were o2.5 btts odds on that?

Looking at the lineups for france and portugal it looks like it should be a shootout... Why am I nervous that it won't be?!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Damn.. I missed that. What were o2.5 btts odds on that?

Looking at the lineups for france and portugal it looks like it should be a shootout... Why am I nervous that it won't be?!
I got @ 2.15 for the England Belgium game. For France v Portugal @ 2.60. For the double, it was @ 5.59

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
what bookmakers is the best for football betting do you think?
Depends what you’re wanting to use them for really. Bet365 is the best by a mile for in play betting and generally offer the best range of games pre game also. Their limits aren’t the best though, max stake is usually about £1k over a couple of markets. Other sites often have bigger limits pre and sometimes better markets.

For mainstream accumulators I’d probably go 365 also as they do the early payout which is pretty good.

Berbaclass

Depends what you’re wanting to use them for really. Bet365 is the best by a mile for in play betting and generally offer the best range of games pre game also. Their limits aren’t the best though, max stake is usually about £1k over a couple of markets. Other sites often have bigger limits pre and sometimes better markets.

For mainstream accumulators I’d probably go 365 also as they do the early payout which is pretty good.
That feature is so good!

SalfordCitizen

Alright guys, any of you have some sort of strategy that has proved somewhat fruitful over the years you've been betting. I used to play the usual you know, pick 6-10 teams at short odds to win a particular match and chuck a £10-15 quid down. Then after about 20 minutes through the accumulators lifespan you see 5 teams drawing, one winning and two losing and you know for a fact you ain't winning shit.

That's why I stopped doing match accumulators a long time ago. The only accumulators I go for are the boring ones like celtic to win spl, Dortmund w/o bayern and usually a £5 accumulator on very likely events seem more likely than a match accumulator, at least in my eyes. I've seen some people say go big, like betting hundreds on singles, but all it takes is a bad run of 5 or 6 losing bets (which will ultimately happen) then you're looking at a loss of exceeding £1000-£1500, which is fine as long as you can afford it and make up for it somehow (wages, betting winnings).

I've just looked and saw that Celtic are 8/13 to win the scottish 20/21 league and Dortmund are 4/5 to win the Bundesliga w/o Bayern. I'd rather have a £200 double on those two selections than a game of 90 minute football anyway of the week, as I rate celtic more like a 1/6 shot with only rangers as anyone gets anywhere near points wise. Any of you guys agree, I mean I was tempted by Portugal France as a goal fest and at half time I would've been punching the laptop because the dreaded shitty 0-0 is still showing yet you need 3 goals now in just 45 minutes. *sigh*. What do you guys do that you find you can win some money on, ultimately any betting market is surely luck, but what have you done that ultimately works? Any feedback would be great.

SalfordCitizen

Gone pretty big on espanyol to win the spanish la Liga 2 a few weeks ago, got 5/2. I'm fairly confident they'll win this league after relegation last year by about 10-15 points. Although I'm avoiding 888 sport as you can still get 2/1 at william hill yet 888 sport are giving 8/13, I've seen bad odds before but that's taking the absolute piss.

Berbaclass

I'd be more pissed if it was 1-1 and there were countless chances. This was a 0-0 game from very early on. Can't win them all...

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Alright guys, any of you have some sort of strategy that has proved somewhat fruitful over the years you've been betting. I used to play the usual you know, pick 6-10 teams at short odds to win a particular match and chuck a £10-15 quid down. Then after about 20 minutes through the accumulators lifespan you see 5 teams drawing, one winning and two losing and you know for a fact you ain't winning shit.

That's why I stopped doing match accumulators a long time ago. The only accumulators I go for are the boring ones like celtic to win spl, Dortmund w/o bayern and usually a £5 accumulator on very likely events seem more likely than a match accumulator, at least in my eyes. I've seen some people say go big, like betting hundreds on singles, but all it takes is a bad run of 5 or 6 losing bets (which will ultimately happen) then you're looking at a loss of exceeding £1000-£1500, which is fine as long as you can afford it and make up for it somehow (wages, betting winnings).

I've just looked and saw that Celtic are 8/13 to win the scottish 20/21 league and Dortmund are 4/5 to win the Bundesliga w/o Bayern. I'd rather have a £200 double on those two selections than a game of 90 minute football anyway of the week, as I rate celtic more like a 1/6 shot with only rangers as anyone gets anywhere near points wise. Any of you guys agree, I mean I was tempted by Portugal France as a goal fest and at half time I would've been punching the laptop because the dreaded shitty 0-0 is still showing yet you need 3 goals now in just 45 minutes. *sigh*. What do you guys do that you find you can win some money on, ultimately any betting market is surely luck, but what have you done that ultimately works? Any feedback would be great.
I'm no expert but i think the first thing to do is to pace yourself if you really want to win average to good money. I also used to go on accumulators spree thinking "well if that goes i'll earn a lot" but you just end up even more annoyed when one random result fecks it all up.
The safest is to bet a bit more on "dead cert" games. You might only make 10/20£ profits at once but you'll win more often.

The Nations League is a pretty nice place for these bets i feel. Just stay clear of big games like France-Portugal as you just can't predict what will happen. Tonight i made an acca of Croatia, Slovenia, Greece, Germany and Norway. The riskiest was Croatia, but in the end i got 130€ and that will fund the Europa League first week which has a lot of easy games.

Basically you have to go slow, if there is nothing good enough that week, just pass and wait. Nations League, Europa League and CL group games are the best. Imo you should avoid the PL outside of Liverpool/City/Chelsea games at home but then again you're not going to earn a lot from that. The rest of the games are a mess and you're guaranteed an upset every weekend so best not to try.
In Italy a Juventus/Napoli combo is usually a safe one, in Germany Leipzig/Dortmund served me well too but now that Werner is gone, i'm waiting to see how they adapt.

Berbaclass

3 things.

1. Do singles, doubles or trebles maximum. Accumulators are a mugs bet, the bookies love them.
2. Be consistent/disciplined
3. Don't chase losses.

M15 Red.

1. Stake Plan.
2. Discipline.
3. Value.

I dont think you can go far wrong with the above if you're betting day to day. Set a bankroll of maybe 100pts and use 1pt for slim value bets, up to say 5/10 pts for a max. Which should be pretty rare. Stay disciplined in terms of both the time you spend gambling and the management of your bankroll. Learn to price up the markets you will be betting on. If you can find value in the prices then realistically you're going to have to be unlucky to lose. Having a circle of people to follow who show a consistent track record of results that suit your betting pattern is another major plus which can take a lot of the time out of research.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Massive value in Bolivia corners v Argentina. Bolivia should be heavy favourites for the corner market. I took Bolivia most corners at 3.2, correct price is probably 1.5 or something, odds won't change to that pre game though as its based off the asian handicap line. Also took +1.5 corners, over 3.5 team corners (my largest bet) as well as higher lines and race to 9 corners etc.

This bet is incredibly rare in that the asian handicap reflects the quality of the teams and not how the game will be played, which makes corners big value. Generally the quality of the teams is near enough reflective of how the game will be played. Bolivia will be a lot better for a large percentage of the game unless they take an early lead. I think Argentina will probably win. I was fairly confident Argentina won before their last game (they were really poor) but should still win despite that. If Argentina take an early lead there’s a good chance that Bolivia can rack up 8/9 corners if they are losing for a while. Will be big pressure at the altitude and the quality of Bolivia players sets it up well for corners. Chumacero is a winger who loves to cross and cut inside and shoot. Always good for a corner. Martins is a tall striker who is good at heading so they’ll be trying to cross for him. It will be a much better lineup than the one that played Brazil. Only negative is the lack of match fitness for Bolivia still but it’s negated a lot by the fact Argentina will struggle at altitude. Argentina teams always struggle in La Paz, international team and the club sides. They’ve just no experience of it at all. If Argentina take the lead it should just be constant blocked crosses hopefully going out for corners.

Last edited:

M15 Red.

Massive value in Bolivia corners v Argentina. Bolivia should be heavy favourites for the corner market. I took Bolivia most corners at 3.2, correct price is probably 1.5 or something, odds won't change to that pre game though as its based off the asian handicap line. Also took +1.5 corners, over 3.5 team corners (my largest bet) as well as higher lines and race to 9 corners etc.

This bet is incredibly rare in that the asian handicap reflects the quality of the teams and not how the game will be played, which makes corners big value. Generally the quality of the teams is near enough reflective of how the game will be played. Bolivia will be a lot better for a large percentage of the game unless they take an early lead. I think Argentina will probably win. I was fairly confident Argentina won before their last game (they were really poor) but should still win despite that. If Argentina take an early lead there’s a good chance that Bolivia can rack up 8/9 corners if they are losing for a while. Will be big pressure at the altitude and the quality of Bolivia players sets it up well for corners. Chumacero is a winger who loves to cross and cut inside and shoot. Always good for a corner. Martins is a tall striker who is good at heading so they’ll be trying to cross for him. It will be a much better lineup than the one that played Brazil. Only negative is the lack of match fitness for Bolivia still but it’s negated a lot by the fact Argentina will struggle at altitude. Argentina teams always struggle in La Paz, international team and the club sides. They’ve just no experience of it at all. If Argentina take the lead it should just be constant blocked crosses hopefully going out for corners.
On these. Cheers.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Flamengo -2 @2.12
Small punt on a Mega ACCA of Italy U21 & Denmark U21 & NOrway U21 & England U21 & Germany & Spain & Montenegro @13.02

Zalgiris Kaunas AH+5.5 @1.98
Cedevita @2.05

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Bolivia +1 asian tempting now also. Market is big on Argentina but pretty sure its just a massive reaction to the Brazil result. That game is irrelevent though as the lineup will be completely different + it's in La Paz. Will wait and see the lineup first and see if Bolivia start any sea level players bar Chuma and Martins. 2 goal win for Argie would be a pretty big surprise for me. I thought 1.8/9 is probably about fair for Argie win.

Flanders Devil

Shame both my accounts don’t offer corner markets for this game... good luck!