Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Flanders Devil

Bolivia +1 asian tempting now also. Market is big on Argentina but pretty sure its just a massive reaction to the Brazil result. That game is irrelevent though as the lineup will be completely different + it's in La Paz. Will wait and see the lineup first and see if Bolivia start any sea level players bar Chuma and Martins. 2 goal win for Argie would be a pretty big surprise for me. I thought 1.8/9 is probably about fair for Argie win.
Yeh ... I can get $1.5 for Bolivia +2 and $2.5 for Bolivia +1...do you see value in either/both?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Yeh ... I can get $1.5 for Bolivia +2 and $2.5 for Bolivia +1...do you see value in either/both?
I’d say no bet/tiny bet after lineups. Couple more sea level players than I wanted. Should be good for corners though. Saucedo starting up front (the 41 year old who was expected to play against Brazil) makes me think they are just going to try and smash crosses in as much as possible to him and Martins. Both are really strong in the air but aren’t great at football. Was hoping for another altitude player instead of Saucedo really (he’s sea level currently but spent the last 2 years at San Jose at 3700m, so he’s used to it, just very old). Puts me off staking +1 properly but a 2 goal win would still surprise me. Hoping for an early Argentina goal to help Bolivia corners.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Bolivia were amazing first 30, awful final 15 of first half. Corners was 100% lost until that Argie goal. Game should change again now and hopefully Bolivia get more forward. Annoying as had no luck with deflections etc whilst every deflection has made a corner for Argies.

Flanders Devil

I’d say no bet/tiny bet after lineups. Couple more sea level players than I wanted. Should be good for corners though. Saucedo starting up front (the 41 year old who was expected to play against Brazil) makes me think they are just going to try and smash crosses in as much as possible to him and Martins. Both are really strong in the air but aren’t great at football. Was hoping for another altitude player instead of Saucedo really (he’s sea level currently but spent the last 2 years at San Jose at 3700m, so he’s used to it, just very old). Puts me off staking +1 properly but a 2 goal win would still surprise me. Hoping for an early Argentina goal to help Bolivia corners.
Thanks @Spiersey - hope the corners do come in.
It’s early start here in Aus, so can only catch 2nd half.
But I went a number of small bets at Bolivia +1 for first half, second half and overall game. And Bolivia DNB.

I then took x2 very small punts on the altitude angle of Draw-Bolivia (15-1) and Arg-Bolivia (86-1) for halftime-full time ... as I couldn’t get any corner markets.

good luck all!

weizxx

Heard that Wolves won’t be able to put out a team against Leeds! Is it value betting on Leeds now?

Withnail

Heard that Wolves won’t be able to put out a team against Leeds! Is it value betting on Leeds now?
This came up in the Bruno Fernandes thread in return to him playing for United and it's doesn't appear to be true. They've tested all of the Portugal squad and everyone else came back negative and are all able to play against Sweden tonight.

Sports stars have different rules than the general public so they won't have to quarantine or anything.

There was an article which suggested there would be a problem in the headline but then the article stated:

UK COVID-19 regulations say that anyone who has been in direct contact with a confirmed case must self-isolate for two weeks. However, the rule does not apply to footballers who have been in athlete bubbles, as Fernandes has."

There won't be an issue with them playing for their clubs as it stands.

Unless there's new information?

weizxx

This came up in the Bruno Fernandes thread in return to him playing for United and it's doesn't appear to be true. They've tested all of the Portugal squad and everyone else came back negative and are all able to play against Sweden tonight.

Sports stars have different rules than the general public so they won't have to quarantine or anything.

There was an article which suggested there would be a problem in the headline but then the article stated:

UK COVID-19 regulations say that anyone who has been in direct contact with a confirmed case must self-isolate for two weeks. However, the rule does not apply to footballers who have been in athlete bubbles, as Fernandes has."

There won't be an issue with them playing for their clubs as it stands.

Unless there's new information?
Thank you. I read it from the CR7 COVID-19 thread, so maybe it is not true just as you said.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Flamengo -2 @2.12 [FAIL]
Small punt on a Mega ACCA of Italy U21 & Denmark U21 & NOrway U21 & England U21 & Germany & Spain & Montenegro @13.02 [FAIL]

Zalgiris Kaunas AH+5.5 @1.98 [WIN]
Cedevita @2.05 [WIN]
Not bad overall. A 7,63€ return, My ACCA failed, but wasnt counting on it either. Just placed a couple of euros on it.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Going low in most of these ones:

Belgium AH-1.5 @2.01
Italy to win @2.20
Poland to win @1.88
Portugal HT @2.20
Finaland to win @2.50
Bulgaria NDB @2.60
Scotland NDB @2.20
Norway AH-1.5 @2.16

Milano @2.01
Real Madrid AH-8,5 @1.91

Steve Johnson @2.25
Sonego 2-1 Vesely @3.90
Andujar @2.20
Norrie @2.50

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Belgium AH-1.5 @2.01
Italy to win @2.20
Poland to win @1.88
Portugal HT @2.20
Finaland to win @2.50
Bulgaria NDB @2.60
Scotland NDB @2.20
Norway AH-1.5 @2.16

Milano @2.01
Real Madrid AH-8,5 @1.91

Steve Johnson @2.25
Sonego 2-1 Vesely @3.90
Andujar @2.20
Norrie @2.50
cheers for the tips. Is NDB no draw bet? I really like the look of Norway -1.5. I think they will go to town on Northern Ireland. Going to stick a cheeky tenner on haland for a hat trick @14/1

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
cheers for the tips. Is NDB no draw bet? I really like the look of Norway -1.5. I think they will go to town on Northern Ireland. Going to stick a cheeky tenner on haland for a hat trick @14/1
I’m not so sure. There’s no better team at shithousing their way to a result they probably shouldn’t get than Northern Ireland :lol:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
That Israel comeback ruining it all :lol: Unbelievable...

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sorry, didn't returned here to the forum yesterday. The Norway AH-1.5 could had happened, there were enough chances to be 2-0 or 3-1 match.
But as I said on the post, those were risky markets to go low. I do this sometimes in order to try to increase the balance a little bit just risking doing some small stake bets.

The only regular stake bet I did yesterday was on Euroleague matches, which is a market very unstable this season due to Covid budget cuts.

That Haaland hattrick was a nice odd, but very risky. Norway has a very strong solutions upfront, but their defense and midfield is very shaky.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Belgium AH-1.5 @2.01 [FAIL]
Italy to win @2.20 [FAIL]
Poland to win @1.88 [WIN]
Portugal HT @2.20 [WIN]
Finaland to win @2.50 [WIN]
Bulgaria NDB @2.60 [FAIL]
Scotland NDB @2.20 [WIN]
Norway AH-1.5 @2.16 [FAIL]

Milano @2.01 [FAIL]
Real Madrid AH-8,5 @1.91 [WIN]

Steve Johnson @2.25 [FAIL]
Sonego 2-1 Vesely @3.90 [FAIL]
Andujar @2.20 [FAIL]
Norrie @2.50 [WIN]
Well, a overall 5,80€, but I'm staying out of tennis onwards :D Tennis low hit rate didn't help.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Feirense to win @2.10 : they have a very strong squad for the competition, but Chaves is in a good form and can give them a battle.

Low stake on Gran Canaria to win @2.14: they are usually a solid team, but this season is going nuts so going low.
Zalgiris Kaunas AH+4.5 @1.98: Zalgiris is solid at home and they are not doing so bad.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Looking to get into sports betting however so many companies available. What tend to be the best ones?
I can only advise form PT. It always depends where you live, because laws about online betting varies from country to country.

luke511

Looking to get into sports betting however so many companies available. What tend to be the best ones?
365, by far. Best technology/limits/offering. They're not too quick to restrict you if you're a winning customer as well.

Berbaclass

PSG will be missing Herrera, Draxler, Marquinhos, Kehrer, Verrati and Icardi with COVID for our CL game on the 20th. Wonder if we’re decent value for DNB or something.

DC @ 2.37
DNB @ 4.0

BTTS & Over 2.5 @ 2.0 also seems excellent IMO

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Feirense to win @2.10 : they have a very strong squad for the competition, but Chaves is in a good form and can give them a battle.

Low stake on Gran Canaria to win @2.14: they are usually a solid team, but this season is going nuts so going low.
Zalgiris Kaunas AH+4.5 @1.98: Zalgiris is solid at home and they are not doing so bad.
Not the best night, closed with a loss of -5,48€.
Feirense got battered 0-4 in strange game where they actually had a lot of chances, but Chaves was very effective. This is becoming weird now, because Feirense squad is actually pretty strong and they are one of the favourites to achieve promotion (or were).
Gran Canaria lost, but Zalgiris won confortably. The only positive from this bet is that my hit rate on basketball games is growing, already above 50% overall. Let's hope it continues.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Going low on:

Alba Berlin AH+16.5 @1.98 : Bare in mind that this is a very unbalanced match, but Euroleague level is very high and if Alba manage to keep concentrated they might give CSKA some game despite loosing anyway,

Bayern AH+9.5 @1.95: Bayern is in a really good form, but they are visiting one of the toughest teams of the competition.

Baskonia - Khimki Over 163.5 @2.07: the russians are several players down due to Covid infections. I think it has conditions to be a high scoring match.

Cholet AH-3.5 @1.88 : Roanne is a recently promoted team to LNB. It's their first game at home, but they have been battered in all the three games they had. CHolet is not a good team either, but not as fragile.

Berbaclass

Everton v Liverpool - BTTS & Over 2.5 @ 1.80 seems pretty good to me. Especially with Adrian in goal for Liverpool and Pickford for Everton :lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Going low on:

Alba Berlin AH+16.5 @1.98 : Bare in mind that this is a very unbalanced match, but Euroleague level is very high and if Alba manage to keep concentrated they might give CSKA some game despite loosing anyway, [WIN]

Bayern AH+9.5 @1.95: Bayern is in a really good form, but they are visiting one of the toughest teams of the competition. [WIN]

Baskonia - Khimki Over 163.5 @2.07: the russians are several players down due to Covid infections. I think it has conditions to be a high scoring match. [FAIL]

Cholet AH-3.5 @1.88 : Roanne is a recently promoted team to LNB. It's their first game at home, but they have been battered in all the three games they had. CHolet is not a good team either, but not as fragile. [FAIL]
50% hit rate, got a 4.3€ because I went lower on Cholet game. My aim is to win something on the long term, I'm patient enough.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Small punt Leeds to win @2.60
Small punt Krka AH+5.5 @1.98
Small punt Boulazac AH+13.5 @1.94
Malmo @2.23

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Very mainstream but I am pretty big on Man City -1.25 v Porto in a few weeks at 1.8. Very big limits thankfully as its CL. I think -2/2.25 is fair line. City fitness will improve + good chance of at least 1 of Jesus/Aguero being back. Telles looks like hes off too. City are the same line against Arsenal in the league next and would be pretty confident that Arsenal would be -1 at home to Porto. Portuguese league is so poor now compared to previous years.
8/13 now for -1 Man City

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Bolivia were amazing first 30, awful final 15 of first half. Corners was 100% lost until that Argie goal. Game should change again now and hopefully Bolivia get more forward. Annoying as had no luck with deflections etc whilst every deflection has made a corner for Argies.
Had to take few days off after this as lost like £6k on the game. Sorry for no update at full time, don’t like being silent on losers.
Game couldn’t really have played out any worse for corners but would take the bet again in hindsight. Argentina winning was fair, just very unfortunate that Bolivia took the lead and Argentina didn’t score the winner until late on. Really needed Argentina to take the lead and the game would have played out totally different. Bolivia just sat in and played for the win then the point.

Anyway, Bolivar draw no bet is a really good bet if anyone can get on against Guarani. Would take over med at any price above 1.7. Win is good too at above evens but not such a big stake. Very unlikely they lose but can end a draw
8/13 now for -1 Man City
expecting it to be backed in further still. Market always loves City closer to kick off too. Aguero being back is huge, KDB should be fine by then too. Think it’ll be full strength for city if Laporte is back.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Small bet Leeds - Wolves U2,5 goals @1,90