Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Right? This page turned into some unneeded drama

So who we betting on? Berba or Rozay?
Think we’ll need a VAR decision because I think both are likeable.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Well glad i cashed out in the end, both Milan & Real crashing and burning tonight. Arsenal also managed to ruin 2 other accas... :(

weizxx

Well glad i cashed out in the end, both Milan & Real crashing and burning tonight. Arsenal also managed to ruin 2 other accas... :(
Well done! Milan hurt me twice this week...

L11

Right? This page turned into some unneeded drama

So who we betting on? Berba or Rozay?
I'm on berba's side. Not sure this forum is for promoting dreadful twitter pages.

Also I'd give my right arm to have £14 profit after the weekend betting I just had.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Really good betting week for me, over €2k plus on single and doubles. Could’ve been more but Milan and Real didn’t turn up so feck them.

Now it’s a 2 week break and I usually dont bet on Nations League (always depressing games).
However, the Swedish hockey league is back tomorrow so will probably bet small punts on that in the meantime so stay tuned :)

Sylar

I would have been up quite a bit this weekend (and i would probably be in profit until end of season if it resulted in me betting against United £5 every game of the season left). But of course, Arsenal fcked that up by losing the one game I didnt want them to lose. Bleh fckers

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is one of my favourite threads on the Caf easy.

What I usually do is put a large enough stake on 2-3 games (this is my most profitable approach) and then I’ll have a longish over 2.5 or BTTS with small stakes. Some nice wins along the way and it certainly makes the non United football more interesting but nothing major. My biggest ever football win was 900 on an acca but that was a few years ago now. I like playing football and horses and I’m Always up for hearing how other people bet and trying to learn a thing or 2 :)

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Simply the Betts - 2.15 Cheltenham ( Saturday),

really fancy this, 2/2 over CD including at the festival last time out, up 7lbs for that win,

5/1 the now doubt it’ll be 5s on Saturday.

galwayfa

Tips for the masters lads, in a charity thing, obviously if I win it will go back to it, need 3 golfers all rounding up to 130/1, add 3 scores together to win, any help

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Guys I need to ask a really stupid question..

If you bet on draw -1 and the game finishes 2-1 how is that a losing bet? My brain is clearly not working here.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm

If you bet on draw -1 and the game finishes 2-1 how is that a losing bet? My brain is clearly not working here.
Correct me If I’m wrong but I think Draw -1 means that home team wins the match exactly by one goal. Like if match ends 2:1, then home team (or favourite team) -1 gets score back to draw 1:1 and as it is the correct result, the bet wins.

Draw -2 means home team wins by two goal and so on.

SambaBoy

Depends if it's asian handicap or not. If its -1 handicap, your team starts 1-0 down so winning 2-1 means your team drawn which is a loss. If it's -1 asian handicap then you get your money back if it's a draw (team winning by 1 goal).

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Correct me If I’m wrong but I think Draw -1 means that home team wins the match exactly by one goal. Like if match ends 2:1, then home team (or favourite team) -1 gets score back to draw 1:1 and as it is the correct result, the bet wins.

I personally would think it would be a winner if either team won by a goal. That the way I interpret the 3W handicap market anyway.

It seems you are right though, I just checked on B365 and it had the away side as +1.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I personally would think it would be a winner if either team won by a goal. That the way I interpret the 3W handicap market anyway.

It seems you are right though, I just checked on B365 and it had the away side as +1.
But the away side at +1 should still be a winner, surely?

Home 2-1 Away. Away +1 = 2-2? Or am I going mad?

weizxx

If you bet on draw -1 and the game finishes 2-1 you win it.
But if the game finishes 1-2, you still lose it.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm

Yeah tbf, I would think it’s a winner too. But I am not 100% sure since I’ve never bet on it. The odds on (Draw -1) is too high for any team to win with 1 goal though since it’s a very common result that one of the teams winning by 1 goal.

But the away side at +1 should still be a winner, surely?
Home 2-1 Away. Away +1 = 2-2? Or am I going mad?
Read that again. How can it be a draw if the away team starting with +1 and you bet on -1?
The result was 2-1, which means you should’ve won if you bet on Draw (+1). Not (-1)
The away team must win with 1 goal for the bet to win.

Last edited:

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Yeah tbf, I would think it’s a winner too. But I am not 100% sure since I’ve never bet on it. The odds on (Draw -1) is too high for any team to win with 1 goal though since it’s a very common result that one of the teams winning by 1 goal.

Read that again. How can it be a draw if the away team starting with +1 and you bet on -1?
The result was 2-1, which means you should’ve won if you bet on Draw (+1). Not (-1)
The away team must win with 1 goal for the bet to win.
:lol: Yeah you're right. Confused the feck out of me!

Flanders Devil

T

this is my understanding too @Rolandofgilead is this what happened with your bet?

muller

Any recommendations for the golf? I'm not a huge fan but will be good to have a reason to try and keep my interest in something in the background.. Skybet are doing EW for the top 11.

Danny Roberts

Any recommendations for the golf? I'm not a huge fan but will be good to have a reason to try and keep my interest in something in the background.. Skybet are doing EW for the top 11.
I think the obvious names are the place to go, Bryson, DJ and JT. My only "outsider" is Bubba, who comes here on the back of two top 10s and loves the course.

Marty1968

Tips for the masters lads, in a charity thing, obviously if I win it will go back to it, need 3 golfers all rounding up to 130/1, add 3 scores together to win, any help
Quite a bit of money for Hatton. I got on him at 33/1 last night and he's into 22/1 now. Like his chances along with Finau. Jason Day at 35's is decent odds and even though he never does enough Rickie Fowler at 60/1 is decent value IMO.

Will probably have a small stake on about 10 or 12 players before Thursday comes around. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
T

this is my understanding too @Rolandofgilead is this what happened with your bet?
It was my own silliness I think. Somehow I got it in to my head that draw -1 meant any victory by 1 goal meant a win.

As it happens I commentated on Oxford city in the previous round and knew they were a good, energetic side, so I backed them as well and this was just a cover bet

Flanders Devil

It was my own silliness I think. Somehow I got it in to my head that draw -1 meant any victory by 1 goal meant a win.

As it happens I commentated on Oxford city in the previous round and knew they were a good, energetic side, so I backed them as well and this was just a cover bet
Ahh I see. Thanks for clarifying, as you had me quite confused too!
Nice win too!

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Every week has its surprise... Had to make an emergency live bet to try and cover my losses. It will be fine if England wins tommorow. Having my fate in Southgate's hands scares me :lol:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Bad fixtures currently combined with prices going very fast on most of my pre stake bets so been impossible to post. Still lurking about though don’t worry. Hoping next couple of weeks has some good bets as December is traditionally very quiet for me fixture wise.

weizxx

Bad fixtures currently combined with prices going very fast on most of my pre stake bets so been impossible to post. Still lurking about though don’t worry. Hoping next couple of weeks has some good bets as December is traditionally very quiet for me fixture wise.
Great! Good luck with betting. Always waiting for those wisefully analysing tips.

Raredaredevil

France is the only team that screwed up my 20 game accumulator at 50/1. I'm so proper annoyed! Losing at home to Finland?! Although one could argue that Finland is on a purple patch now but still never expect France not to beat them. Reminds me why I should never take friendlies in betting seriously.

Sylar

France is the only team that screwed up my 20 game accumulator at 50/1. I'm so proper annoyed! Losing at home to Finland?! Although one could argue that Finland is on a purple patch now but still never expect France not to beat them. Reminds me why I should never take friendlies in betting seriously.
Ouch
I thought vdb fckin my 20/1 was bad

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Anyone going for CONMEBOL games ? Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Colombia (vs Uruguay though) at home seems worth a punt. Did a small bet on all 4 to win + Ecuador Draw or Win against Bolivia.