Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Raredaredevil

Anyone going for CONMEBOL games ? Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Colombia (vs Uruguay though) at home seems worth a punt. Did a small bet on all 4 to win + Ecuador Draw or Win against Bolivia.
Odds are just not worth it to be honest unless you parlay them and Argentina mess up my accumulator so I hope you didn't.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Odds are just not worth it to be honest unless you parlay them and Argentina mess up my accumulator so I hope you didn't.
I definitely did and Argentina also ruined my acca :D It was a small bet anyway, England won me 150€ before so it's all good.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Anyone going for CONMEBOL games ? Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Colombia (vs Uruguay though) at home seems worth a punt. Did a small bet on all 4 to win + Ecuador Draw or Win against Bolivia.
Argentina @1,30 was laughable. They have good players but can’t win as a team. Have been like that for the last decade.
Argentina BTTS @2,30 was good yesterday though.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Does anyone know how bookies calculate quotes? Is it based on xG or more advanced metrics?

Pagh Wraith

Does anyone know how bookies calculate quotes? Is it based on xG or more advanced metrics?
They don't. Prices follow the money moves in Asia where the big players and syndicates bet (who indeed have access to massive amounts of data and stats). Bookies don't price up anything themselves these days.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
The big breakaway 1.15 Cheltenham
Latest exhibition 12.35 Punchestown

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've noticed over the last month or so that bet 365 is loading slowly on my android phone, anyone else noticed the same?

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Needed one England goal to win a 200/1 acca. Fecking perfect!

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
They don't. Prices follow the money moves in Asia where the big players and syndicates bet (who indeed have access to massive amounts of data and stats). Bookies don't price up anything themselves these days.
Danke!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Not bad for a free bet. Had N. Macedonia, Belarus, Albania, Netherlands, Italy, Denmark, Czech Rep, Austria, Greece & Slovenia.

Just needed Georgia for another acca and any result but a draw in Hungary/Serbia for another.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Find this Malta v Faroe Islands game pretty fascinating. The Faroe Islands need to avoid defeat to get promoted. But if Malta win 1-0 they have exactly the same GD and are tied 1-1 In head to head. I'm not sure what would then be used to separate them.

BTTS is @ 2.10 and over 2.5 is @ 2.50.

Think both may well be worth a look.

Also I'm thinking about Spain @ 2.37 - Need to win after drawing against the Swiss but so do Germany. Think Kimmich will be a big miss for the Germans in this game if they start with Goretzka-Kroos-Gundogan I don't think they have a proper DM in there to stop the Spanish.

Scotland U21 -1 AH @ 1.92

Last game of the group and need a win against Greece to qualify after drawing against the Czechs the other day. Admittedly I'm not the most knowledgable about the Greek side/players but I feel like with them having nothing to play for and Scotland having everything to play for should help.

Last edited:

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Find this Malta v Faroe Islands game pretty fascinating. The Faroe Islands need to avoid defeat to get promoted. But if Malta win 1-0 they have exactly the same GD and are tied 1-1 In head to head. I'm not sure what would then be used to separate them.

BTTS is @ 2.10 and over 2.5 is @ 2.50.

Think both may well be worth a look.

Also I'm thinking about Spain @ 2.37 - Need to win after drawing against the Swiss but so do Germany. Think Kimmich will be a big miss for the Germans in this game if they start with Goretzka-Kroos-Gundogan I don't think they have a proper DM in there to stop the Spanish.

Scotland U21 -1 AH @ 1.92

Last game of the group and need a win against Greece to qualify after drawing against the Czechs the other day. Admittedly I'm not the most knowledgable about the Greek side/players but I feel like with them having nothing to play for and Scotland having everything to play for should help.
Scotland u21s...are you drunk?

I know nothing about either side, just thought that was a funny line

Berbaclass

Also backed Portugal @ 1.98 after seeing the lineups. Ronaldo, Felix, Bruno and Jota start. They should have too much for this Croatia side In transition.

Berbaclass

Done a little L63 anytime goalscorer bet for a little fun.

Ronaldo @ 1.72
Morata @ 2.50
Griezmann @ 2.50
Jovetic @ 2.50
Zapata @ 3.00
Cavani @ 3.30

Berbaclass

Marathonbet have Ronaldo anytime @ 2.00 (Priced @ 1.72 pretty much everywhere else) so I've had a nice bet on that. He's on pen and FK's and always a thread against a weak looking Croatia defence.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Also backed Portugal @ 1.98 after seeing the lineups. Ronaldo, Felix, Bruno and Jota start. They should have too much for this Croatia side In transition.
I also went for Portugal + 2 draws in Spain-Germany and Belgium-Danemark hoping Belgium rotates a bit.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Got Giroud to score any time, Olsson to be carded, over 1.5 goals, under 13.5 corners and under 59.5 booking points in the France v Sweden game @9.00

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Got Giroud to score any time, Olsson to be carded, over 1.5 goals, under 13.5 corners and under 59.5 booking points in the France v Sweden game @9.00
Yeah looks like a solid day for most. Just needed a Pavard card for my @51.00 builder but happy with that.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Always get screwed by the South American games but lumping £50 from the winnings on a Paraguay, Brazil and Argentina treble @4.30. Argentina always let me down when expected to win so we'll see.

Berbaclass

Uruguay v Brazil BTTS + Over 2.5 @ 2.80. Like this a lot. Think Uruguay will give them a tough game, without Suarez but in comes Nunez who looks a really good young player to partner Cavani.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m definitely going to watch the Uruguay Brazil match. Small stakes I have Uruguay to score 3 + goals, 6 corners and 20 Brazil booking points at 66/1.

Both teams to score in both halves, 2 corners each team in each half (this is the real bet killer!) and 20 booking points each team at 200/1

Hopefully an end to end match. I quite fancy Uruguay to get something from the game at home and they have the players to really hurt Brazil if they aren’t at their best.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Uruguay v Brazil

Jesus to score anytime, BTTS, Uruguay or Brazil, each team over 19.5 booking points and each team over 3.5 corners @19.00.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Paraguay should win, planning on betting -1 or -0.75 in play. Martins the only danger for Bolivia today with Chuma on the bench. No Almiron the only negative but Para should at least win, it's a big gulf in footballing ability.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Paraguay should win, planning on betting -1 or -0.75 in play. Martins the only danger for Bolivia today with Chuma on the bench. No Almiron the only negative but Para should at least win, it's a big gulf in footballing ability.
Staked -0.75 now from 2-1 down at HT. Bolivia had two chances all game at the end of the half, two great finishes. Will be a bus parking now and Paraguay shouldn't lose, will probably be an error from a Bolivia defender at some point. Big shame no Almiron now from this scoreline as they could use some creativity.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Just been let down by Luxembourg Azerbaijan for 3550 quid. 18 shots on goal- no goals. It was 1 to fecking 2 for over 1.5 and if they played for another 3 days I doubt anyone would make the breakthrough
I can’t catch a break at all. Hopefully there’s a few big winners for me in the not so distant future. I Keep hitting the crossbar! I was way off with my predictions for this Uruguay match though. Suarez is obviously a huge miss for them.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Simple Brazil to win was clearly free money :D Spain destroyed one 6 games acca and that last minute goal from Portugal another 7 games acca.
So frustrating...

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Staked -0.75 now from 2-1 down at HT. Bolivia had two chances all game at the end of the half, two great finishes. Will be a bus parking now and Paraguay shouldn't lose, will probably be an error from a Bolivia defender at some point. Big shame no Almiron now from this scoreline as they could use some creativity.
2-2 Ft, Half win. Chaotic ending, one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen too. Was way out his depth and had no idea how to use VAR. He sent off Savedra and Rojas for fighting, when he was literally a foot away from them. Neither did anything at all. Ref then checked VAR and changed both to a yellow to try and hide his mistake. Took him 5 minutes to decide a foul wasn't inside the box too. Bit of a farce really. Paraguay were really poor from 2-2, poor performance all round as didn't really create much but Bolivia scored their only 2 chances all game.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
2-2 Ft, Half win. Chaotic ending, one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen too. Was way out his depth and had no idea how to use VAR. He sent off Savedra and Rojas for fighting, when he was literally a foot away from them. Neither did anything at all. Ref then checked VAR and changed both to a yellow to try and hide his mistake. Took him 5 minutes to decide a foul wasn't inside the box too. Bit of a farce really. Paraguay were really poor from 2-2, poor performance all round as didn't really create much but Bolivia scored their only 2 chances all game.
I'm always a bit scared when betting on teams that are not Brazil or Argentina. Always feel like some layer of corruption and weird referees can still happen nowadays.