Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Sylar

Been liking the goal scorer markets over the past few days - hedging on braces and hat tricks with Aubameyang, Mbappe (priced @88 to 1 for his three goals) and Haaland. Special also came in for Messi, Salah and Mbappe all to score.

Looking at tonight's markets for some inspiration and noticed Rashford to score a brace @ 12 to 1 so might take a small punt. He's such a hot and cold player at the moment but has potential to bag a couple if he turns up.
Honestly should have been a win for you

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Real Betis or draw, Frosinone, Wolfsburg, Lyon, Grasshoppers or draw, Utrecht, Wolves/Leeds >1.5, Watford/Derby >1.5 @19.78

A speculative acca to start the weekend.

Flanders Devil

Going for a triple parlay bet of Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City all to win at 3.
I’m steering clear of Liverpool v Everton. I just don’t think Liverpool (based on recent form) are worth 1.4, but also no confidence that Everton can get a result (based on history).

Raredaredevil

I’m steering clear of Liverpool v Everton. I just don’t think Liverpool (based on recent form) are worth 1.4, but also no confidence that Everton can get a result (based on history).
I have my maximum bet on the weekend on them to win too on a single bet as well and now I'm starting to regret it. With their current form and Everton good form and away record this season, I'm thinking surely they are due to get a result at Anfield but I always go for the team who has a superior historical record so watch my money burn.

Jagga7

I had Everton +1.5 @1.76 but I am jealous of the people who hit Everton @8.0. They have fully deserved the win.

Flanders Devil

I have my maximum bet on the weekend on them to win too on a single bet as well and now I'm starting to regret it. With their current form and Everton good form and away record this season, I'm thinking surely they are due to get a result at Anfield but I always go for the team who has a superior historical record so watch my money burn.
Yes. Sadly hindsight is easy, isn’t it? Everton looked very good value for the $6.50 that I saw them quoted at!

can’t be too disappointed with a Liverpool loss tho!

Jonno

Layed Liverpool at 1.4, £25 liability paid £60 profit, an absolute steal.

There is no way Liverpool should be priced as low as 1.4 for yesterday’s game when they can’t win at home, or score at home.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Had:
Rashford to score anytime
Fernandes to score anytime
Hayden to be booked
Fernandes to be booked
Under 7 cards
Under 14 corners
@141.00

Wish I'd put more on but it was a very speculative combo tbf.

Still need PSG, Celtic and Roma for my 12-fold to come off but looking unlikely now.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Got a 6-fold on the go with Juventus, Sevilla, Cambuur Leeuwarden, Club Brugge, Sao Paolo and Itagui Leones FC @8.15

Sao Paolo are away to Botofogo RJ who in their last 23 games have won 1, drawn 4 and lost 18. If Sao Paolo don't get the job done, I'm gonna be really pissed.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Had Palace, Juve -1, Sevilla dnb and Holstein Keil dnb.
And the feckers Keil loses 2-1 with an OG in 83rd. Greuther Fuerth had one shot on goal but managed to score 2. Feckers

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Nice Nhl pick: Minnesota to win at even.
adding Islanders also.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Got a 6-fold on the go with Juventus, Sevilla, Cambuur Leeuwarden, Club Brugge, Sao Paolo and Itagui Leones FC @8.15

Sao Paolo are away to Botofogo RJ who in their last 23 games have won 1, drawn 4 and lost 18. If Sao Paolo don't get the job done, I'm gonna be really pissed.
So of course bottom of the table Botofogo are going to get their 2nd win in 24 games after Sao Paolo get a man sent off early in the first half.

Raredaredevil

I thought of going for a Atletico Madrid win and a big bet on Atletico draw/win but then I realized they are playing in a netural ground in Romania. Such unfairness for them. Why is Barca allowed to play at home but Atletico Madrid cannot play at home?

Sylar

I thought of going for a Atletico Madrid win and a big bet on Atletico draw/win but then I realized they are playing in a netural ground in Romania. Such unfairness for them. Why is Barca allowed to play at home but Atletico Madrid cannot play at home?
Guessing it has to do with English quarantine? Most teams playing English clubs have had a neutral ground

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
For me, Atletico is big favourites to knock out Chelsea. They are better in every department.
Dnb at even is good.

Raredaredevil

For me, Atletico is big favourites to knock out Chelsea. They are better in every department.
Dnb at even is good.
When the draw first came out, I felt the same way too but they don't seem to be in good form now, bottled a 13 point lead down to just 3 points, and Chelsea seems rejuvenated with Tuchel who was a finalist with last season PSG. In addition, they are not even at home so their odds to win has been so high. I still think they will knock out Chelsea. I think their past two league games against Levante was just a blip hopefully, they have been a machine this season and the most consistent team in La Liga this season.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
When the draw first came out, I felt the same way too but they don't seem to be in good form now, bottled a 13 point lead down to just 3 points, and Chelsea seems rejuvenated with Tuchel who was a finalist with last season PSG. In addition, they are not even at home so their odds to win has been so high. I still think they will knock out Chelsea. I think their past two league games against Levante was just a blip hopefully, they have been a machine this season and the most consistent team in La Liga this season.
Yeah they’re just such a well drilled team with lots of individual class. The GK is a big plus in Atleticos favour also.
I just can’t see the likes of Abraham and Werner break down that defence. We’ve seen so far with Tuchel that Chelsea play well against teams that comes at them. But had a really hard time to win against well drilled defensive sides like Wolves and even Barnsley in the FA Cup.

From a neutral perspective Iam really looking forward to watch the game tonight. And as you said, neutral ground is a miss for Atletico. But at the same time no fans so don’t know of it such a big deal.

I do think Chelsea look better and more organizied defensively under Tuchel but they will have to play their best game of the season to get a win away to Atletico tonight. Therefore I see value in the Dnb Atletico.

The bookies have Chelsea as slight favourites.. thats interesting.

edit: i will be on Bayern @1,7 also. They looked clueless last couple of games. Giving away so many easy goals But I think they get their shit together tonight.

Last edited:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Atletico dnb @2 L
Bayern dnb @ 1,4 W
Sodertalje @1,7W
Sodertalje -1,5 @2,2 W

Last edited:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Livebet on Rogle +2,5 @2,5 L

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
BetBuilder's just come good with that 9th corner and Kimmich card on 72 mins. Had:

Lewandowski to score anytime
Kimmich to be carded
Bayern Munich to win
Over 8.5 corners
Over 1.5 goals
@10.00

Need a Koke card.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Some Nhl picks:
Montreal @1,75 rl L
Montreal -1,5 @2,15 L
Washington 1,9 ml L
Tight games, both decided in overtime.

Buffalo 2,4 ml W

Last edited:

Raredaredevil

Yeah they’re just such a well drilled team with lots of individual class. The GK is a big plus in Atleticos favour also.
I just can’t see the likes of Abraham and Werner break down that defence. We’ve seen so far with Tuchel that Chelsea play well against teams that comes at them. But had a really hard time to win against well drilled defensive sides like Wolves and even Barnsley in the FA Cup.

From a neutral perspective Iam really looking forward to watch the game tonight. And as you said, neutral ground is a miss for Atletico. But at the same time no fans so don’t know of it such a big deal.

I do think Chelsea look better and more organizied defensively under Tuchel but they will have to play their best game of the season to get a win away to Atletico tonight. Therefore I see value in the Dnb Atletico.

The bookies have Chelsea as slight favourites.. thats interesting.

edit: i will be on Bayern @1,7 also. They looked clueless last couple of games. Giving away so many easy goals But I think they get their shit together tonight.
I'm so disappointed by Atletico Madrid, had my hands burnt by them last night. I should have known better as they weren't at home and they've been on a poor run. Interesting to see if they can turn this around in the return leg. Congrats on hitting Bayern.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I'm so disappointed by Atletico Madrid, had my hands burnt by them last night. I should have known better as they weren't at home and they've been on a poor run. Interesting to see if they can turn this around in the return leg. Congrats on hitting Bayern.
Same here, what a snorefest that was. Chelsea clearly the better team and Atletico didn’t show up.
Atletic is usually my go-to team when I bet on La Liga but yesterday was sh*t.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
That's what I thought. The game is still in play. Only reason I'm asking is because I included it in an acca :lol:
Yeah they have some problem sometimes with the Swedish 2nd league. Especially bet365. But chat with the support and they fix it for u.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Livebet Karlskoga +2,5 @1,8
The original moneyline was 1,9. So this is good value. They won’t lose with 3 goals I think.

Also small on AIK +4,5 @1,8.

No luck there! Double L

Last edited:

Raredaredevil

Same here, what a snorefest that was. Chelsea clearly the better team and Atletico didn’t show up.
Atletic is usually my go-to team when I bet on La Liga but yesterday was sh*t.
I don't think they will lose 3 games in a row so I am thinking of going for an Atletico win/draw against Villarreal, although the odds would be low. A win is priced at over evens which is good value. Of all Spanish teams in the Champions League, I realized I should have just taken Real Madrid in hindsight. 13 times CL winners against a team that is only in its second season in Europe and have the highest odds of almost 3.