Football & Sports Betting Thread 2022/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

relx

Frnkie Sys
On Haiti Women +1.5 v China @1.8+
Posted reasoning in the new season betting thread about why Haiti are good, but the performance v England wasn't a freak. They can beat China. The physical difference will be huge. Haiti played South Korea away for a warm up match and were great. Lost 2-1 but was a good performance. I have SK as being a little better than China + this is a neutral, probably make fair line +0.75. Haiti defence can collapse but the pace difference should be a big help in the event that Haiti do get extremely open at 1 down.
Is over 2.5 @ 2.2+ good value by any chance? Considering China might go all out for a win since they pretty much have to win this game to have a chance to advance.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Al-Shabab win tomorrow 5/2. Little bit guessy but fair price for me is 1/5 (1.2). Odds dropped, but think 1.8 still good for a small bet.

Fair odds in a normal match is probably the above, however Nassr are in Japan today. They just played Inter 2 days after playing PSG. It's a 12 hour flight from Osaka to Taif, I can't see anyway that their first team is involved tomorrow. Local media says that it will be fringe players and kids playing. Shabab are very good, there wasn't much between these two sides last year. Shabab were the best side in Saudi the first half of the season, then fell away as their away form struggled. This game is on a neutral in Saudi. All of Shabab foreigns have travelled going by pictures on social medai, Banega, Carlos, Cuellar etc. Hard to predict exactly what side Nassr will put out but I think at absolute worst case (assuming the foreigns don't miracurously play after playing today and a 12 hour flight) fair price is 1.5 against the very best locals for Nassr. If it's u19s, then Shabab fair price is probably 1.01
I'll update if I get any confirmation on who is involved. Local media says fringe and kids but no mention of names.

https://www.oddsportal.com/football/world/arab-club-champions-cup/al-nassr-al-shabab-xQk8D45g/#1X2;2

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Arsenal DNB v Barca @1.8+.

I have this as the wrong price if all things were equal and regular circumstances anyway, I'd have Arsenal around -0.5 fair on a neutral. However, it's 4th friendly against 1st, which is a massive difference. Arsenal have been playing games for 2 weeks now and are miles ahead of Barca in terms of fitness and prep.
Also, Barcelona had to cancel their previous friendly with Juventus due to food poisoning, 15 players were sick. It cost the club £2 million, which they can't afford so things had to be bad before they did that. No idea what the current state of these players are, but either way the food poisoning will have disrupted their training and preparation over the last week or so. With Arenal being further ahead, they should probably be playing their first 11 for at least 60 minutes, possibly even longer. Odegaard, Gabriel and Ramsdale all got 90 last game, would expect similar v Barca. Barca will be 11 changes at HT I'd imagine, they have 32 players travelled. They also have Real Madrid 2 days later, I'd imagine that is more their focus. With all this, it's very hard to see Arsenal losing.

Also on Wrexham +1.25 v United @1.8. Think win is good too at 4.75.

Don't understand these prices, it's United u21s + Evans. United opened Evens to win and the odds have dropped massive for no real reason. If this was an EFL Cup game, Wrexham would be about 1.6 to win probably. Wrexham were +1.75 v a much stronger Chelsea side and actually played very well. They were very unlucky to be 2 down at HT, they were the better side but just lost to quality. The u21s doesn't have near the same quality. Wrexham are very physical and the long throw will cause chaos against kids. Wrexham side is probably a league 1 squad and I'd say bar Hugill, most of the United squad would be below that level currenlty. If it was a competive game, I'd have Wrexham favourites, think they can win. The only downside is the fixture being listed as 'Man United v Wrexham'. Teams can often play the name and not the actual opposition players when they play kids.
Arsenal won. Bet played out really well despite the scoreline. Arsenal shoudl have been 3/4 up at HT. Odegaard had a complete nightmare and cost 2 goals, Saka missed a pen and was other big chances missed. Rode luck a little late on 2nd half when tired a little in the heat. Probably the dirtiest pre season game I've watched in years, could have been a load more yellows.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
On Al-Shabab win tomorrow 5/2. Little bit guessy but fair price for me is 1/5 (1.2). Odds dropped, but think 1.8 still good for a small bet.

Fair odds in a normal match is probably the above, however Nassr are in Japan today. They just played Inter 2 days after playing PSG. It's a 12 hour flight from Osaka to Taif, I can't see anyway that their first team is involved tomorrow. Local media says that it will be fringe players and kids playing. Shabab are very good, there wasn't much between these two sides last year. Shabab were the best side in Saudi the first half of the season, then fell away as their away form struggled. This game is on a neutral in Saudi. All of Shabab foreigns have travelled going by pictures on social medai, Banega, Carlos, Cuellar etc. Hard to predict exactly what side Nassr will put out but I think at absolute worst case (assuming the foreigns don't miracurously play after playing today and a 12 hour flight) fair price is 1.5 against the very best locals for Nassr. If it's u19s, then Shabab fair price is probably 1.01
I'll update if I get any confirmation on who is involved. Local media says fringe and kids but no mention of names.

https://www.oddsportal.com/football/world/arab-club-champions-cup/al-nassr-al-shabab-xQk8D45g/#1X2;2
Gone from 1.75 to 2.37 on 365 today. You got any info?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Gone from 1.75 to 2.37 on 365 today. You got any info?
No, no-one does which is the issue. People have bet Nassr blind based on name and odds. It's basically people betting Shabab on basis that Nassr will be weak and people betting Nassr on basis they won't be weak.
5/2 was nice because it was risk free.
Nassr posted a poster for the game and the player on it was a local. First time they've done that since Ronaldo signed, which makes me think no foreigns will start at least. Local media say it'll be reserves too and also a decent arabic tipster tipped Shabab a couple hours ago saying it will be reserves. His info is usually correct.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No, no-one does which is the issue. People have bet Nassr blind based on name and odds. It's basically people betting Shabab on basis that Nassr will be weak and people betting Nassr on basis they won't be weak.
5/2 was nice because it was risk free.
Nassr posted a poster for the game and the player on it was a local. First time they've done that since Ronaldo signed, which makes me think no foreigns will start at least. Local media say it'll be reserves too and also a decent arabic tipster tipped Shabab a couple hours ago saying it will be reserves. His info is usually correct.
Cool thanks

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Cool thanks
Nassr pretty much full reserves, bar Konan. Bench is strong, unsure if the foreigns will come on though. Shabab should win the FH really, bets should still be fine really unless Nassr sub Ronaldo, Talisca, Broz and Fofana on at HT.

IRN-BRUno

Skybet have Ary Borges to have a shot on target 11/8 in the France-Brazil match. She had 4 in the last game and scored 3 albeit against a much weaker side, also scored against Germany in her previous appearance.

IRN-BRUno

Bookings could be an interesting market in the first week or two of the season with the new rules on timewasting etc. Saw the Stockport manager saying after a friendly game they'd played last week, he'd been told there would have been 18 yellow cards :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Bookings could be an interesting market in the first week or two of the season with the new rules on timewasting etc. Saw the Stockport manager saying after a friendly game they'd played last week, he'd been told there would have been 18 yellow cards :lol:
Cards seem to bet set a little higher already on the markets

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Had one of those skybet league things on for 31+ goals on the league today, was about 32, with one game being postponed. Voided the bet :lol: I know it's the rules, but made me laugh as it hit without the extra game.

Made some cash on a cards bet on another league though so up for the day.

IRN-BRUno

Cards seem to bet set a little higher already on the markets
League 1 yesterday offered good value in the end. I had 7/4 on 510+ booking points which came in easily (690 total) and also 28/1 on 10+ booking points each team in each game. Needed that after a terrible couple of weeks!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
League 1 yesterday offered good value in the end. I had 7/4 on 510+ booking points which came in easily (690 total) and also 28/1 on 10+ booking points each team in each game. Needed that after a terrible couple of weeks!
Yeah that 2nd bet got me a win too, it wasn't far off hitting in all 3 leagues yesterday

Big Andy

Bloke
Why are Wrexham evens tonight against Wigan? Especially as they are without Mullin.

Jamesy18

Super boost back on 365. Evens for city to beat Burnley. Anyone able to get more than a tenner on it?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Super boost back on 365. Evens for city to beat Burnley. Anyone able to get more than a tenner on it?
Ye I’m tempted to stick 50 on for 100 back but knowing my lucky Burnley would scrape a draw wouldn’t they :lol: Decent though. William Hill also doing it as a special.

Status
Not open for further replies.