Football & Sports Betting Thread 2022/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

I'm not even talking about match betting, I did that years ago and moved onto value betting horses. On horses there's no chance, you get done over in no time, really doesn't matter what you do once you beat SP. Bet on a low class affair and you'll be gone quicker than you can make a cuppa too.

Sure there's all kinds of "strategies" for avoiding getting restricted on promotions but for the most part they don't work as well as people think because they underestimate the bookies methods. They're not fooled by a slightly worse match or dumb accumulators thrown in, and all that stuff is also an opportunity cost in terms of efficiency.

Yes guy A will keep an account open longer while throwing in random bets, taking bad matches etc, and then subscribe all his success to that but then you'll get another guy who doesn't who can last just as long. You'll get someone banned in a week as well for a few matched bets.

Point is it's a matter of time generally, depends on the bookie and a bit of luck but the bottom line is they all catch up with you in the end whether you're a winner, matched better, arber, value better. It's way too easy to see smart money as a bookie, all the data is in front of them.
Hear it often, tend to believe it and maybe I have got lucky.... but it's no full time thing to me, does me alrite for now, so I'll just use exchanges when I do lose them all.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Today's disgraceful picks
Nazio to win
1,89​
FAIL
Union Berlin NDB
2,15​
FAIL
Fenerbahce DC
2,05​
RETURNED
Royale Union to win
1,54​
WIN
Dnipro-1 DC
1,77​
WIN
FCSB DNB
2,37​
RETURNED
Austria Vienna DC
1,82​
FAIL

Edit: Not the best night, but my large stake (Royale Union) saved the day and ended up doing a small profit overall.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Today's disgraceful picks
Nazio to win
1,89​
Union Berlin NDB
2,15​
Fenerbahce DC
2,05​
Royale Union to win
1,54​
Dnipro-1 DC
1,77​
FCSB DNB
2,37​
Austria Vienna DC
1,82​
How confident are you of this I may go a fiver as well?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
How confident are you of this I may go a fiver as well?
The Royale Union game I think is actually doable unless they rotate the team. Nazio game is also doable, Midtjylland form droped after they got eliminated in the Champions League qualification.
The other ones are a bit riskier IMO, since they are facing teams who have enough level to cause them difficulties.

Deery

Dreary
The Royale Union game I think is actually doable unless they rotate the team. Nazio game is also doable, Midtjylland form droped after they got eliminated in the Champions League qualification.
The other ones are a bit riskier IMO, since they are facing teams who have enough level to cause them difficulties.
Did Lazio, Union, Fenerbahce and Gent couldn’t find the rest handy..

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Did Lazio, Union, Fenerbahce and Gent couldn’t find the rest handy..
Fenerbahce has a very good squad, they were very good on the transfer market by hiring several class players for their level, but they still don't form a unit yet.
If they manage to create a cohesive team they will be a hard to beat team. I think they have a chance to win this match at Rennes because they have enough individual talent to get a win in a tough match, but Rennes is not an easy team.

Deery

Dreary
Just did Ronaldo to score first, surely he has to score and that’s pretty much full strength from United..

RedPed

Whatabouter.
1. Feyenoord, West Ham, Lazio, Man Utd, KAA Gent, Real Sociedad, Real Betis, Villarreal, FC Cologne @16.56
2. Dynamo Kiev, Union St. Gilloise, AS Roma, West Ham, SC Freiburg, Feyenoord, Slovan Bratislava, AZ Alkmaar @28.18

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Man Utd or draw
Ronaldo to score
Antony & Sancho 1+ SoT
McTominay to be booked
Under 6.5 goals
Under 79.5 booking points
Over 6.5 corners
@16.64

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Yeah, they've done me in too :lol: what the hell has happened there.
My guess would be players getting tired of Sarri, but might be mistaken. Midtjylland form was not good, everything was pointing for a draw or a narrow win for Nazio, even if Lazio rotated.
Benfica rotated a bit against them and won confortably. In fact, some players that faced Midtjylland were transfer listed and are already out of the club.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
My luck yesterday was that my large stake of the day was Royale Union, which made a very small overall profit for the day.

daveoliver91

Haven't had much time to check, but any interesting Superboost for this weekend? After a quick check I saw on WH over 0.5 goals on the City at evens.
Can't see anything on Bet365 or Skybet.

Deery

Dreary
Hull, City and Bayern are 6/1 with coral.

Seems alright odds I’ll go a fiver on it.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Virgin Bet are giving your stake back up to a tenner if your horse finishes 2nd-10th. I only dabble on the horses very occasionally but this is worth a punt.

I'm looking at Bielsa @8.50, Fivethousandtoone @15.00, Mr Wagyu @11.00, Commanche Falls @11.00 and Tinto @23.00 as an outsider.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Haven't had much time to check, but any interesting Superboost for this weekend? After a quick check I saw on WH over 0.5 goals on the City at evens.
Can't see anything on Bet365 or Skybet.
Have to stick the tenner on that.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
1. Tottenham, Dortmund, Flora Tallinn, Valmeira, FC Porto, Panathanaikos, Bayern Munich, LASK Linz, FC Struga Trim-Lum @13.25

2. Newcastle, Norwich, Sporting Lisbon, Besiktas, Larne, Barcelona/Elche >2.5, Always Ready, Hadjuk Split, Sparta Prague @18.38

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Came in within a minute :lol:
Yeah, easy money. :D

Also got:
Haaland to score anytime
De Bruyne to have 1+ SoT
Rodri to be booked
Wolves or Man City
Under 69.5 booking points
Over 6.5 corners
Over 1.5 Wolves corners
Over 2.5 goals
@25.88

Alessia Russo to score 2+ goals @6.00

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Also got:
Haaland to score anytime
De Bruyne to have 1+ SoT
Rodri to be booked
Wolves or Man City
Under 69.5 booking points
Over 6.5 corners
Over 1.5 Wolves corners
Over 2.5 goals
@25.88

Alessia Russo to score 2+ goals @6.00
So close, yet again. Just needed that De Bruyne shot on target. And Russo should have had at least 2 goals today but just ended up with the one.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Virgin Bet are giving your stake back up to a tenner if your horse finishes 2nd-10th. I only dabble on the horses very occasionally but this is worth a punt.

I'm looking at Bielsa @8.50, Fivethousandtoone @15.00, Mr Wagyu @11.00, Commanche Falls @11.00 and Tinto @23.00 as an outsider.
Have gone with Commanche Falls @11.00.

Deery

Dreary
Belgium and Croatia are @2.5 with Coral should be easy money.

Deery

Dreary
Had another treble up last weekend £235 from Real, PSG and Napoli..

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Anyone heard from redcafe’s favourite tipster Spiersey? Not seen any posts from him in a while, hope everything’s ok with him.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Anyone heard from redcafe’s favourite tipster Spiersey? Not seen any posts from him in a while, hope everything’s ok with him.
Heard he's taken up a post for Todd Boehly.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
SHL is finally back!

Starting light with some saturday action:

Vaxjo Reg @1.85 and ML @1.55
Orebro ML @1.55

Deery

Dreary
Long shot but I think has a chance..

Rep of Ireland, Kosovo, Spain @19.2

Safer bet..