Footballer struck by lightning

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Was put on life support. Three weeks later he's back playing and has signed his first professional contract. Fair play.

decorativeed

Jesus! I can't imagine what was going through the heads of the people who went to help. It doesn't look like any of them could have seen what happened, and just turned around to see him on the ground.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Does he have superhuman speed now? It would be a wasted opportunity if not.

Fair play to the lad though.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
That’s crazy.

Never had anyone get hit directly with lighting but once lighting hit and exploded the floodlights which fell on us and burned my teammate.

In another match I got sent off for telling the ref there is lightning and he needs to stop the match because some players including myself had metal studs and it wasn’t safe. This was after him delaying the game and trying to abandon it for only rain while we were losing. But since we levelled it after the restart he refused to stop the game with lightning. Refs are always complete dickheads.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The first reply to that tweet.. :lol:

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
If the lightning wasn't out of position it wouldn't have had to make that tackle in the first place.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
This happened to my PE teacher when we were all walking down to the bottom pitch at our school. Massive flash and he was laid on the grass with a scorch mark on his bald head. He was ok after a trip to the hospital!

RashyForPM

That’s crazy.

Never had anyone get hit directly with lighting but once lighting hit and exploded the floodlights which fell on us and burned my teammate.

In another match I got sent off for telling the ref there is lightning and he needs to stop the match because some players including myself had metal studs and it wasn’t safe. This was after him delaying the game and trying to abandon it for only rain while we were losing. But since we levelled it after the restart he refused to stop the game with lightning. Refs are always complete dickheads.
So your manager was a win-at-all-costs man who paid the ref?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That video looks unreal. Like someone has done some wizadry. Shocking.

LoneStar

Blessed by Thor himself. Scar looks cool as hell, and what a story he can tell people :D

Glad he’s okay.

That’s crazy.

Had the exact same thing happen to me, been terrified of lightning ever since.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks like one of those skill videos where they put a flash just as the player is about to shoot or pass, but this time he flops to the ground :lol:

must have had some power in it to generate that sort of lightening!

Jesus! I can't imagine what was going through the heads of the people who went to help. It doesn't look like any of them could have seen what happened, and just turned around to see him on the ground.
I imagine they all heard the crack sound that you usally get with a lightning strike, you can see they all sort of duck and cower away.

Havak

Pokemon master
Wow!

Honestly, I thought this was a joke at first. Looked like he turned to dust and the joke was he came back to play. Had to do a double-take and it wasn't until the other guys went over that I was like... Well damn, this really happened and he really came back to play.

Crazy.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
That looks unreal.

On a related note, 10 years ago, Jonathan Richter, who played for FC Nordsjælland in the Danish Superliga, was also hit by lightning. He lost his leg.