Footballers gone bad

drdoityourself

Godwin Okpara was a part of Nigeria's 1998 World Cup squad and played as a defender for the likes of PSG and Standard Liege. Just after he retired he was jailed for rape, torture and enslavement of his adopted daughter (or underage nanny, sources differ).
Sentenced to ten years in prison, I think he served 3. His wife was also sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Jhon Viáfara played for Portsmouth and Southampton. Was extradited from Colombia to USA for drug trafficking four tonnes of cocaine to America. He is said to be a member of the gang Clan del Golfo, I might borrow that name for my golfing group.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ilombo Mboyo. Went to jail at 17 for the gang rape of a 14 year old. Got scouted in prison and went on to play for both Gent and Genk. Finished top scorer one season and almost joined West Ham but the fans protested.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
5. Bruno Fernandes (de Souza)
The former Flamengo captain was sentenced to 22 years in prison after having his girlfriend kidnapped and murdered. Her body was then cut up and fed to dogs.
He served 7 years and is now playing football again
What the feck? They don't lock up murderers for life imprisonment, and let him play football afterwards instead?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Manchester United legend Mikey Thomas. Money forger and also got stabbed 15 times in his left bum-cheek.

"During his football career, Thomas became involved in a counterfeit currency scam, whereby he laundered the money through Wrexham's trainees. North Wales Police arrested him in 1993, and after a trial he was sentenced to 18 months in jail.[3]

In August 1992, Thomas was attacked by two men in a country lane at Dyserth, Clwyd. He was sitting in his Volkswagen with a 29-year-old woman, when his window was smashed and he was assaulted with a hammer and a screwdriver. Thomas was admitted to hospital with 15 stab wounds to his left buttock.".

Needham

Neil Webb.
Career tailed off after injury. Fell out of the game. Started delivering threatening messages for the biggest firm in the country- demands for payments, threats to repossess property, etc, usually to the poorest in society. Postman for Her Majesty's govt.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Manchester United legend Mikey Thomas. Money forger and also got stabbed 15 times in his left bum-cheek.

"During his football career, Thomas became involved in a counterfeit currency scam, whereby he laundered the money through Wrexham's trainees. North Wales Police arrested him in 1993, and after a trial he was sentenced to 18 months in jail.[3]

In August 1992, Thomas was attacked by two men in a country lane at Dyserth, Clwyd. He was sitting in his Volkswagen with a 29-year-old woman, when his window was smashed and he was assaulted with a hammer and a screwdriver. Thomas was admitted to hospital with 15 stab wounds to his left buttock.".
Must have been a pain in the arse!

I'm here all week

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/scottish-footballers-accused-of-dublin-assault-1049373.html

I witnessed the aftermath of this in Dublin.

Last year we had finished closing the bar and we were having a few pints, we heard a sickening crack, and a few of us pelted out the door thinking someone had been run over, but we saw 2 lads hammer down onto this old man, one of the bartenders chased one of them, and there happened to be a few garda (rare) on site who chased the other.

Apparently this old man bumped into them by accident, and they fecking went for him. His jaw was hanging off his face, he couldn't see out of one eye, and there was blood streaming out of him.

It was a horrible fecking night as well, and he was going into shock so I ran back in and got him a blanket (some of the lads I work with are arseholes and were laughing at me for being so worried, not telling me where the first aid kit was because it was funny to see me so stressed. I found it anyway, and the manager of the night is an EMT, so he was able to give him proper first aid training while I just comforted him, and his very distressed wife.

It was genuinely the worst I've ever seen someone look he was so banged up. The 2 lads are fecking scum, and I know for a fact that if they ever set foot in Dublin again they'll get what's coming to them.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/scottish-footballers-accused-of-dublin-assault-1049373.html

Last year we had finished closing the bar and we were having a few pints, we heard a sickening crack, and a few of us pelted out the door thinking someone had been run over, but we saw 2 lads hammer down onto this old man, one of the bartenders chased one of them, and there happened to be a few garda (rare) on site who chased the other.

Apparently this old man bumped into them by accident, and they fecking went for him. His jaw was hanging off his face, he couldn't see out of one eye, and there was blood streaming out of him.

It was a horrible fecking night as well, and he was going into shock so I ran back in and got him a blanket (some of the lads I work with are arseholes and were laughing at me for being so worried, not telling me where the first aid kit was because it was funny to see me so stressed. I found it anyway, and the manager of the night is an EMT, so he was able to give him proper first aid training while I just comforted him, and his very distressed wife.

It was genuinely the worst I've ever seen someone look he was so banged up. The 2 lads are fecking scum, and I know for a fact that if they ever set foot in Dublin again they'll get what's coming to them.
My god. That is disgusting. :mad:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anyone remember Breno from Bayern Munich? Highly rated Brazilian full back.

Served time for arson if memory serves.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

They don't look like there's any remorse there...horrible people

Dr. Mowinckel

Bruno Fernandes De Souza

No, not the current Manchester United midfielder, but former Flamengo goalkeeper and captain Bruno Fernandes De Souza who was given a 22-year prison sentence for the ghastly murder and mutilation of his partner Eliza Samudio. Bruno pleaded guilty to the charges.

But in a surprising turn of events much to the chagrin of Samudio’s family and the general public where the case had become a furore, De Souza was released in 2019 on grounds of “good behaviour.” What’s even more flummoxing is that he was offered a professional contract by second-tier club Boa Esporte. Post his release he wasn’t even repentant in the way he spoke about his heinous act. The case is still subject to reasonable displeasure among the media and the public in Brazil.
That's almost an understatement if this quote from the Guardian is anything to go by:
"Bruno’s view:
set out in his first big interview since he had his girlfriend fed to dogs to avoid paying child support: “Dude, what happened, happened. I made a mistake, a serious one, but mistakes happens in life – I’m not a bad guy. People tried to bury my dream because of one mistake, but I asked God for forgiveness, so I’m carrying on with my career, dude. I’m starting over.”

Santos J

Anyone remember Breno from Bayern Munich? Highly rated Brazilian full back.

Served time for murder if memory serves.
Thought his was worse too but just looked and it was arson, was released in 2014 & has played in Brazil sporadically since.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Thought his was worse too but just looked and it was arson, was released in 2014 & has played in Brazil sporadically since.
Wonder how his time in jail affected his career. He was tipped as the next big thing. Well, about as much as left backs can be.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
You don’t understand, I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender, I could’ve been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.
What a movie
Neil Webb.
Career tailed off after injury. Fell out of the game. Started delivering threatening messages for the biggest firm in the country- demands for payments, threats to repossess property, etc, usually to the poorest in society. Postman for Her Majesty's govt.
:lol::lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Scumbags

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Wonder how his time in jail affected his career. He was tipped as the next big thing. Well, about as much as left backs can be.
He never was a left back. He was a centre back. And immensely talented. His story is a really sad one because it shows how lonely and lost he was in a completely foreign country. Still think the club should have done more for him. When he joined he was just an 18 year old kid and we barely helped him getting accustomed to Germany.
Suffered heavily from depression I think. The house he burned down was his own and he was the only person inside when it happened.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Chad Evans? Although I think he didn't get charged...

Didn't [Irrelevant point] kill someone in a reckless car accident?

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
That's almost an understatement if this quote from the Guardian is anything to go by:
"Bruno’s view:
set out in his first big interview since he had his girlfriend fed to dogs to avoid paying child support: “Dude, what happened, happened. I made a mistake, a serious one, but mistakes happens in life – I’m not a bad guy. People tried to bury my dream because of one mistake, but I asked God for forgiveness, so I’m carrying on with my career, dude. I’m starting over.”
The entitlement and victim mentality this dude has, sometimes capital punishment is the best. Scums like this don't deserve oxygen.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Alexis Sanchez, committed the biggest robbery in football. He transferred to Man United and stole a living on £400k a week, then was paid off an amount between £5m - £10m to leave the club.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Godwin Okpara was a part of Nigeria's 1998 World Cup squad and played as a defender for the likes of PSG and Standard Liege. Just after he retired he was jailed for rape, torture and enslavement of his adopted daughter (or underage nanny, sources differ).
Sentenced to ten years in prison, I think he served 3. His wife was also sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Jhon Viáfara played for Portsmouth and Southampton. Was extradited from Colombia to USA for drug trafficking four tonnes of cocaine to America. He is said to be a member of the gang Clan del Golfo, I might borrow that name for my golfing group.
There's a few Colombians you could add to the drug trafficking schtick, most notably ex Madrid Freddy Rincon.

Rene Higuita was a pal of Pablo Escobar and was thrown in the brig for a spell having secretly negotiated the release of a hostage Pablo had. Btw, Clan de Golfo is Gulf geographically and not the sport golf, and considering what an outrageously destructive and murderous bunch they are, probably not a cool name for yer golf crew.

Back to British footie . . . the legendary Robin Friday. Great read about him https://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/...in-friday-footballs-first-maverick-rock-star/
There's also a book out on him that I believe is to be made into a film shortly.

vodrake

David De Gea
Stole a donut from a Tesco in 2011. Bluemoon has still not gotten over this heinous crime

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The former Flamengo captain was sentenced to 22 years in prison after having his girlfriend kidnapped and murdered. Her body was then cut up and fed to dogs.
feck me. :eek:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Justin Georcelin

Champman legend turned crack addict and violent criminal
It's funny how disappointing that is to read.
Just because a name on a screen in a footy game scored so many goals for me :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Joey Barton
Gavin Grant - cleared of murder in 2005 but then convicted of another murder in 2007. Currently serving life in prison
I still remember Wycombe covering up his absence as having a "cold".

Then about 3 months later upgraded it to "personal problems".

Couldn't make it up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chad Evans? Although I think he didn't get charged...

Didn't [Irrelevant point] kill someone in a reckless car accident?
Didn't get charged? He spent 2 years in jail pal!

But he managed to get off by basically bringing the girl's character into doubt.
Really horrible individual and behaviour irrespective of the technicalities of getting off finally.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Javier Florez, from Atletico Junior in Colombia, shot a fan to death. The fan had yelled at him because the club had lost a final.
Hilariously, the club had him back in training until fans protested.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Didn't get charged? He spent 2 years in jail pal!

But he managed to get off by basically bringing the girl's character into doubt.
Really horrible individual and behaviour irrespective of the technicalities of getting off finally.
Oh yeah I still think he's scum I just couldn't remember how the thing played out.

Tarrou

It's funny how disappointing that is to read.
Just because a name on a screen in a footy game scored so many goals for me :lol:
hard to comprehend how an either footed striker with 20 for pace and finishing could turn out so badly in life

Le Red

That's Brazil's justice system for you. And there are several people fighting for even more impunity under the guise of human rights.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh yeah I still think he's scum I just couldn't remember how the thing played out.
It was disturbing how many people backed him and talked about mis carriages of justice.
I think the guy himself knows he's done very well to get out of it on a technicality.