For all the Ole Iners

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I’m firmly in the Ole In camp.

To see two threads started today both predicting when Ole gets the sack and who the next manager is quite frankly, sickens me. Absolute state of it.

What have we become as a club that we all have become what we hated to see in other clubs.

Absolute joke of a fanbase atm. The whole fanbase is toxic, a lot of them are fickle and have only experienced the highs and not the lows. So crave more of it.

This is not how you support a football team, a large portion of our fanbase could not hack supporting a League 1 or 2 team who often go through peaks and troughs, relegations, yo yoing and nearly there moments, even having 4-5 game losing streaks winning a couple and then going on a 3 game losing streak.

Support the club and have patience!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If some fans want Ole out are they not supporting the club?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m in too. For now anyway. But at some point in the future when Nagglesman becomes available, I’d be tempted if things haven’t progressed.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You'd think after seeing managers with better CV's than Ole fail here anyone with even half a brain would recognise it's not the mangers fault for this clubs failings

Crashoutcassius

I’m in too. For now anyway. But at some point in the future when Nagglesman becomes available, I’d be tempted if things haven’t progressed.
If something comes up like this and the club go ahead and do it I'm behind it

In the mean time no point moaning and filling every conversation with misery

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You'd think after seeing managers with better CV's than Ole fail here anyone with even half a brain would recognise it's not the mangers fault for this clubs failings
I like this logic. Good CVs were only winning one or two cups within a couple years. Let's get an ex player with no managerial pedigree and see how many cups he gets after 2.5 seasons.

Oh wait

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I like this logic. Good CVs were only winning one or two cups within a couple years. Let's get an ex player with no managerial pedigree and see how many cups he gets after 2.5 seasons.

Oh wait
Zidane.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Just what we need to brighten the mood, some guy lecturing us on how to support a football club.

Enigma_87

You know who
Could pretty much write the same for Liverpool. In your opinion they should've stick with Hodgson for example, because the issue was not the manager, but the club?

sport2793

Oh wait
I get the disappointment but I don't understand the bolded part at all. How is that relevant to the past managers that have been here post SAF?

charlenefan

Could pretty much write the same for Liverpool. In your opinion they should've stick with Hodgson for example, because the issue was not the manager, but the club?
In what way is Hodgson comparable to LVG or Mourinho?

crossy1686

career ending
Do we have to pick a camp? Can't I just want the team to do well and criticise where I see things are not right? For what it's worth, I don't think Ole is doing a bad job and I don't think he's to blame for 90% of our issues.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just what we need to brighten the mood, some guy lecturing us on how to support a football club.
Well we get posters every day lecturing professionals on how to structure and run one so he may as well have a go too!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I get the disappointment but I don't understand the bolded part at all. How is that relevant to the past managers that have been here post SAF?
I was replying to a post suggesting it's on to get a manager with no pedigree because there are bigger problems are elsewhere.

I agree there are bigger problems with Ed and Glazers, but you don't make more problems but hiring unqualified managers. So the argument of not looking at CV's is quite silly.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm probably too hysterical to have a clear idea what I want and why I want it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I’m firmly in the Ole In camp.

To see two threads started today both predicting when Ole gets the sack and who the next manager is quite frankly, sickens me. Absolute state of it.

What have we become as a club that we all have become what we hated to see in other clubs.

Absolute joke of a fanbase atm. The whole fanbase is toxic, a lot of them are fickle and have only experienced the highs and not the lows. So crave more of it.

This is not how you support a football team, a large portion of our fanbase could not hack supporting a League 1 or 2 team who often go through peaks and troughs, relegations, yo yoing and nearly there moments, even having 4-5 game losing streaks winning a couple and then going on a 3 game losing streak.

Support the club and have patience!
No, what is an absolute joke is how low the expectations of some fans have gone down.

What's an absolute joke is those same fans think they somehow have a divine right to tell others how to support this football club when we've proven time and again in the past seven years our club is not run well.

I'd advise you to stick to supporting a League 1 or 2 team because clearly you are happy with that level of football and results.

el3mel

There had been a thread about who the next manager gonna be during Mourinho second season, not even during this third one.

Ole isn't going to manage us forever. He'll be sacked and followed by someone else at one point, this year or after 10 ones, doesn't matter. Pretty weird reasoning to get annoyed at.

sport2793

I have no personal problem with folks being Ole out, after all we all want to see the club succeed. What I don't get are the "fans" who are not equally forceful in being Glazers out when they are the ultimate underlying problem post SAF. That is what is unforgivable for me and I do feel that the fans who are indifferent to the Glazers or at least are not equally as vociferous about it are contributing to the demise of this club.

Enigma_87

You know who
In what way is Hodgson comparable to LVG or Mourinho?
In what way is Ole comparable to LVG or Mourinho?

If Liverpool didn't appoint Klopp would they be in the state they are at the moment? Were they a well run club before Klopp?

charlenefan

I was replying to a post suggesting it's on to get a manager with no pedigree because there are bigger problems are elsewhere.

I agree there are bigger problems with Ed and Glazers, but you don't make more problems but hiring unqualified managers. So the argument of not looking at CV's is quite silly.
I didn't say that

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I have never hated to see it at other clubs. And I have never been naive enough to think that United was special, SAF and Sir Matt Busby were special but the club acted like most clubs outside of the two aforementioned managers tenures.

Andi Latte

That's pretty much exactly the attitude holding our club back. Thinking we're some sort of anomaly that can do things differently and "better" because we're holy Manchester United, the best of them all.

Well, that evidently only works when you have the best managers in living memory at the helm, otherwise it's just backwards and pathetic. Even Man United has to go with the times and not stick with sentiment and a distorted vision of glory days long gone.

Stuff like "this is not how you support a football team" or "things we despise in other clubs" is just elitist garbage and could be lifted straight from RAWK.

I support the club however I see fit and if I think there's something holding the club back, I am allowed to voice my concern.

Reactions: Fortitude

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Ole isnt Zidane though is he.

We already know what Ole has won after 2.5 years vs the previous managers at the same club.
To be fair, it hasn't been 2.5 years, 2.5 seasons or even two years. He's been here for just over 1.5 seasons - two years in December.

charlenefan

In what way is Ole comparable to LVG or Mourinho?

If Liverpool didn't appoint Klopp would they be in the state they are at the moment? Were they a well run club before Klopp?
Liverpool have backed Klopp and given him everything he wanted. We hired managers comparable with Klopp and didn't

Smores

Yeah everyone let's support on some internet forum rather than have some actual discussion.

Maybe we can all just take turns to post positive united chants. Stop discussing things people it's getting in the way of the much needed adulation.

sport2793

Ole isnt Zidane though is he.

We already know what Ole has won after 2.5 years vs the previous managers at the same club.
The real question is if Zidane could have achieved more with the same players brought in and sold. Considering he had the likes of Ronaldo, Modric, and Kroos at their peak, with Bale on the bench much of the time, I would say no.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I didn't say that
Then you agree that not hiring a manager by looking at his CV is likely to create more problems.

In which case, whilst accepting the biggest problem is above the managerial role, its still a step in the right direction to hire a qualified person for the role of Head coach.

charlenefan

Then you agree that not hiring a manager by looking at his CV is likely to create more problems.

In which case, whilst accepting the biggest problem is above the managerial role, its still a step in the right direction to hire a qualified person for the role of Head coach.
My opinion is that Klopp and Pep would fail here

el3mel

Let's not deviate from the points of his thread here to Zidane and stuff. Guy is annoyed because there's thread outside asking who will be the next manager, and think we're a joke of a fanbase. If you're the one thinking Ole will manage us forever and there will be no next manager then you're the one who's deluded and a joke not the ones you're describing to be so.

sport2793

To be fair, it hasn't been 2.5 years, 2.5 seasons or even two years. He's been here for just over 1.5 seasons - two years in December.
Yep the manager has questions to answer just like the players after a performance like that but there is no doubt that posters like the one you quote and others like Mainoldo have shown that they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed when arguing. I think they use this as their psychological release and so it doesn't matter if they don't get the facts straight. I guess they can be thought of as "the average pub-going fan" and it is good to get a sampling of those views even if they are a waste of time ultimately.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The real question is if Zidane could have achieved more with the same players brought in and sold. Considering he had the likes of Ronaldo, Modric, and Kroos at their peak, with Bale on the bench much of the time, I would say no.
Look at it this way - although not backed as well as other clubs in the window, the fact remains that Ole has an abundance of quality in his first XI.

His inability to actually implement a system and have us look this disjointed is not really an output you'd expect if you had say, Tuschel, Nagalsmann, Poch, Allegri or Rose to have.

Other managers can do more with the resources available to them. In fact Rodgers is an upper B grade manager and in my opinion, did a fantastic job with Leicester with year one. Was terribly unlucky to lose Ndidi, Chilwell and Maddison for the last few games or it would look far worse for Ole than it does

Tibs

Liverpool, Arsenal, City, Everton, Chelsea, Spurs, Wolves, Leicester should finish above us in the current state we are in...I don't get how anyone can be Ole in, when there is a much better manager in Poch available.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Still think Ole is a better fit for us then Mou.

Too many people believe the fix for this team is sack the manager, sign xyz player. The truth of the matter is that the club is still rotten to the core. It lacks leadership from top to bottom. All too sadly it lacks leaders on the pitch. Back under Fergie, if Robbo wasn't guiding the team, it was Brucey or Schmeichel or Ince, Eric etc. Wash rinse repeat with VDS, Rio, Vida, At the moment there is one guy carrying the armband and I cannot see any leaders beyond him. (Not suggesting he is a good captain)

BUT

Games like today thats where he needs to earn his stripes as a manager at an Elite level club. When his team hits a bad run, it really hits a bad run. They look devoid of ideas and confidence. Don't be fooled, Fergie had periods where we played crap or we got a hiding but there was usually a bounce right after it. With Ole, im not so sure he has it in his locker to turn it around in one game.

Siorac

These comparisons never really made much sense. Obviously, the expectations are entirely different at a League 1 or League 2 club. My local team were yoyoing between the first and second division of Hungarian football around the time I could still get to the games and I went regularly, even enjoying it despite most games I attended being predictable losses. The rare win was something to celebrate.

That's not how it works with a club like United though. And the rest of this post is just nonsense, blaming the fans as if it was our fault that the club has been underperforming for seven years now.

DoomSlayer

The same feeling of Mourinho's final season was creeping in my head since the awful start against Palace and the total lack of pre-season or transfer preparations being made on time.

Our team has given up on defending, it was exactly the same way when Mourinho was playing McTominay at CB.

Enigma_87

You know who
Liverpool have backed Klopp and given him everything he wanted. We hired managers comparable with Klopp and didn't
We didn't get the best available manager at any point - so no we haven't hired managers comparable with Klopp. Jose was sacked by Chelsea after a disastrous season and there was questions about him being past his peak. LVG expiry date was long ago. Moyes, Ole? Give me a break. Klopp had one bad season with Dortmund but still was one of the best managers around and not someone like Jose that has managed for decades.

You didn't answer my question - if it wasn't for Klopp would Liverpool be where they are?

Weren't Liverpool accused time and time again that were ran awfully before Klopp?

How have we not backed managers - giving them billion pounds to spend?