For all the Ole Iners

r0663664

Worships Man City
How did Ole end up coaching Utd??? Nothing in his resume shout out that we must hire him. Ed is damn clever to pull this out. Let's see if Ed will pull another rabbit out of his hat?

Strelok

I’m firmly in the Ole In camp.

To see two threads started today both predicting when Ole gets the sack and who the next manager is quite frankly, sickens me. Absolute state of it.

What have we become as a club that we all have become what we hated to see in other clubs.

Absolute joke of a fanbase atm. The whole fanbase is toxic, a lot of them are fickle and have only experienced the highs and not the lows. So crave more of it.

This is not how you support a football team, a large portion of our fanbase could not hack supporting a League 1 or 2 team who often go through peaks and troughs, relegations, yo yoing and nearly there moments, even having 4-5 game losing streaks winning a couple and then going on a 3 game losing streak.

Support the club and have patience!
I'm Ole in and still. And I do agree that our biggest problem is the Glazers and co.

However they don't make tactical choices or picking line ups. Ole does. And imo some of his decisions have been very poor recently.

Am I wrong to question that?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Many over reacted with results at present. Look at the bigger picture ole may not win the league but he is not bad as some try to portray him. Your forwards are making your team two one dimensional in attack pattern.

They can't hold up the ball with strength and not strong headers from crosses to score at will. Cavani in that sense good addition to your squad. He is good header of the ball.

It's strange season in many aspects so teams and coaches should be judged minimum after ten games.

It's not coach's fault if Maguire had brain dead moment or Thiago Silva having a dumb moment against WBA.

Lack of preseason have the impact on players. No doubt about that. Experienced managers can overcome them sooner I suppose. Mourinho, Ancelotti,Klopp, Pep can navigate easily in this tough time than less experienced such as ole and Lampard in my opinion.

Last edited:

RashyForPM

I'm Ole in and still. And I do agree that our biggest problem is the Glazers and co.

However they don't make tactical choices or picking line ups. Ole does. And imo some of his decisions have been very poor recently.

Yes. He’s a club legend so should never be questioned. Pipe down Strelok, don’t criticise the managerial don who can do no wrong.

Seriously, imagine if Moyes or LvG lost 1-6 at OT in their third season after finishing 6th and 3rd (with 66 points, no great feat) in their two previous ones. We’d be calling for their sacking at half time. But because it’s Ole let’s give him 10 years even though there’s no visible plan. Results are shit too.

soapythecat

It's quite simple for me.

We need to stop changing managers before we fully backed them and let them finish their work.

It happened with Jose before.

You either back the manager and let him finish his work, or just don't hire him in the first place if you don't trust him that much.

Back Ole, if he fail while being properly backed, i'll be the first one asking for his firing. Until then, nothing proves that changing managers is the right path. Especially as we saw improvements last year.
Back the manager by all means, and we should. However, I’d say all of his purchases have become questionable. Whether they aren’t been coached right or just bad buys but all of them could be sold tomorrow and no one would be bothered.
Back the right manager.

meamth

Let's put it this way, this is the worst transfer window and pre season ever.

Even worse when we have signed Owen for no.7.

Take this into perspective and I'm not even surprised why we're in this situation.

Tibs

It doesn’t matter, we finished 3rd. Clubs faltering means teams took points off each other. We finished 3rd and reached 3 semi finals. The final table it what counts.
Ole is not the man for the job. Our squad is nowhere near as bad a people make out, its the management, tactics, systems and so on.

I'm not hating on Ole, he's come in and tried his best, had 2 good spells, but hand on heart we all know he isn't going to win us any silver. No shame in him trying, fair fecks to him, but his time is up.

lewwoo

How many managers do we have to plough through before people wake up and see its the board? It really is like groundhog day. The one common denominator is the owners and board.

Denis79

Yes, you're entitled and toxic.

BR7

To see two threads started today both predicting when Ole gets the sack and who the next manager is quite frankly, sickens me. Absolute state of it.

What have we become as a club that we all have become what we hated to see in other clubs.

Absolute joke of a fanbase atm. The whole fanbase is toxic, a lot of them are fickle and have only experienced the highs and not the lows. So crave more of it.

This is not how you support a football team, a large portion of our fanbase could not hack supporting a League 1 or 2 team who often go through peaks and troughs, relegations, yo yoing and nearly there moments, even having 4-5 game losing streaks winning a couple and then going on a 3 game losing streak.

Or truly support the club and end this shambles now. Supporting ole will only cause us more pain and delays in getting to the promise land. It could be said people who still support this shambles sicken also. He ain’t ready and so t be for years if at all. Get over it and let’s move on

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
yeah all good arguements for keeping Ole in the job, we should experience ups and downs etc. Its been ongoing for 2 years now with Ole, fair enough he got us 3rd last season, Leceister fell off a cliff and we got about 20 penalties after the restart that helped a lot.

Weve spent over 200m on players, Maguire is captain but isnt leading the team. Pogba starting every game even though hes been shocking everytime hes started. Tactics against Spurs non-existent, what was the game plan? Just push loads of players forward but dont put any of them in the box?

Hes a Championship manager at best and shouldnt be managing the club. Sentiment has a lot to answer for, what would it take for the club to wake up to this? Whilst their isnt an array of managers available at the minute, I would make the change now before his reputation is damaged further. He will always be a club legend and cant be blamed for getting the job as its a dream come true for any ex-United player who devoted themselves to the club.

We are seriously lacking someone who can inspire players, at least 3 times after the final whistle yesterday I seen a smile on Oles face. Personally I would have refused all interviews, regardless of the consequences and went to the dressing room and started the inquistion immediately. His insistance to play Pogba and DDG is a crime in itself, both lack confidence, leave them out for a bit to stay out of the spotlight and if we get a good run going, re-integrate them back into the side. Pogba and Bruno dont work in the same team, period. Yes it went well for a few games last season, more down to the opposition being poor than us being worldies.

BR7

Plus I’ve been supporting this great club, not ole, since 1983 on yer bike with this one

CG1010

How many managers do we have to plough through before people wake up and see its the board? It really is like groundhog day. The one common denominator is the owners and board.
This.. in our current set up, changing a manager is hugely destabilizing as the entire philosophy of the club changes. Either we get a Director of Football for long-term direction and then sack and hire managers as per their ability to get the maximum out of a team. Or we stick with Ole currently and let him take this team forward as much as he can. I prefer the former approach but that's not happening under this current board

BR7

yeah all good arguements for keeping Ole in the job, we should experience ups and downs etc. Its been ongoing for 2 years now with Ole, fair enough he got us 3rd last season, Leceister fell off a cliff and we got about 20 penalties after the restart that helped a lot.

Weve spent over 200m on players, Maguire is captain but isnt leading the team. Pogba starting every game even though hes been shocking everytime hes started. Tactics against Spurs non-existent, what was the game plan? Just push loads of players forward but dont put any of them in the box?

Hes a Championship manager at best and shouldnt be managing the club. Sentiment has a lot to answer for, what would it take for the club to wake up to this? Whilst their isnt an array of managers available at the minute, I would make the change now before his reputation is damaged further. He will always be a club legend and cant be blamed for getting the job as its a dream come true for any ex-United player who devoted themselves to the club.

We are seriously lacking someone who can inspire players, at least 3 times after the final whistle yesterday I seen a smile on Oles face. Personally I would have refused all interviews, regardless of the consequences and went to the dressing room and started the inquistion immediately. His insistance to play Pogba and DDG is a crime in itself, both lack confidence, leave them out for a bit to stay out of the spotlight and if we get a good run going, re-integrate them back into the side. Pogba and Bruno dont work in the same team, period. Yes it went well for a few games last season, more down to the opposition being poor than us being worldies.
Sorry, too sensible a post

fergieisold

Ole has got it right against the better teams usually...yesterday was awful. Anybody have a shot of the pitch and our team spread out from our own box to Spurs box...terrible tactics and no way we should be leaving that kind of space.

aditya826

I like this logic. Good CVs were only winning one or two cups within a couple years. Let's get an ex player with no managerial pedigree and see how many cups he gets after 2.5 seasons.

Oh wait
Anomalies are exceptions not the rule. Walk in any interview room of any organization and give this as an excuse when your CV is demanded and please let us know here how they respond.

matt23

He's becoming a cult. Stop questioning his ability and just drink the punch.

A-man

I am pro giving a manager some time, but I really think Ole reached his max potential last season. There is individual talent at United, but there is no system, no functioning tacticts, etc.

pacifictheme

You'd think after seeing managers with better CV's than Ole fail here anyone with even half a brain would recognise it's not the mangers fault for this clubs failings
True, but does appointing a less experienced manager in any way help that situation? Probably not.

ti vu

I have no personal problem with folks being Ole out, after all we all want to see the club succeed. What I don't get are the "fans" who are not equally forceful in being Glazers out when they are the ultimate underlying problem post SAF. That is what is unforgivable for me and I do feel that the fans who are indifferent to the Glazers or at least are not equally as vociferous about it are contributing to the demise of this club.
Because the manager is a "Glazer in". His view on doing the best for the club is to protecting the Glazer externally, let him deal with them behind closed doors. While it looks like Woodward runs him dragged behind closed doors, and pulling the string on him as puppet to shield them from backlash.

So now you go after the Glazer, you have the manager defending them, eventually it's about you vs the manager: divide and conquer. GG.

Is supporting a manager = supporting the club in this case. Manager ability is questionable. He earned himself time, so let see if can sustain his tenure.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Anomalies are exceptions not the rule. Walk in any interview room of any organization and give this as an excuse when your CV is demanded and please let us know here how they respond.
What are you on about?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Difference is we probably should have conceded 6+ in each of our 3 games. This isn't a one off for us.
Liverpool should have conceded more than 3 against Leeds as well, it's not their only bad defensive performance. I really can't put my finger on what the hell is going on with the top teams right now but all the defences seem to be all over the place. I honestly think that, perhaps because the mid table teams have tended to put more emphasis on their defenders actually being able to defend, they're going to keep challenging the big boys this year. The laughable state of top defenders can't continue forever without a cnuppins.

shaky

Yes. He’s a club legend so should never be questioned. Pipe down Strelok, don’t criticise the managerial don who can do no wrong.

Seriously, imagine if Moyes or LvG lost 1-6 at OT in their third season after finishing 6th and 3rd (with 66 points, no great feat) in their two previous ones. We’d be calling for their sacking at half time. But because it’s Ole let’s give him 10 years even though there’s no visible plan. Results are shit too.
Where has anyone said that Ole deserves extra time for being a club legend? The same dumb thing trotted out by the usual muppets any time people voice an opinion they disagree with. He deserves respect for being a club legend maybe, he deserves time, as would any other manager in his situation, because the 2nd half of last season showed a lot of promise and 3 games into the new season is not the time to throw it all away and start again.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus

100% agree after countless managers after Sir Alex people need to wake up and smell the coffee to what is happening to the club, what will it take every manager to get sacked every 3 years to realise the problems aren't managers but above

jackal&hyde

Many over reacted with results at present. Look at the bigger picture ole may not win the league but he is not bad as some try to portray him. Your forwards are making your team two one dimensional in attack pattern.

They can't hold up the ball with strength and not strong headers from crosses to score at will. Cavani in that sense good addition to your squad. He is good header of the ball.

It's strange season in many aspects so teams and coaches should be judged minimum after ten games.

It's not coach's fault if Maguire had brain dead moment or Thiago Silva having a dumb moment against WBA.

Lack of preseason have the impact on players. No doubt about that. Experienced managers can overcome them sooner I suppose. Mourinho, Ancelotti,Klopp, Pep can navigate easily in this tough time than less experienced such as ole and Lampard in my opinion.
Both Klopp and Pep took some major spanking actually. Good post. It's a strange season.

MrBest

I was firmly Ole out for his management style and i just do not think he is good enough, but there is not a doubt in my mind, the board have essentially put Ole head out there to be chopped. It does not even matter who the next manager is, they will fail. Pep, Klopp, ancelotti, it does not matter who, they will fail at Man United. Yesterday really made me realise one thing, this club is rotten. We have a ceo who is a football director, owners who don't care and take and take, we are doing panic deals now on the last day (we see this every window), advertising of this club is a joke and gives a false sense of pretence - misinformation?. We will not progress any further until the structure of the club changes snd we have football people making decisions. I really feel sorry for Ole, he has been thrown under the bus as was Jose, LVg and Moyes. The whole thing is a joke, 850m spent, 4 managers and very limited success. That is 850m in 7 years (numbers subject to source, may differ where you look) but we spend aimlessly, with no strategy. It took 12 months to replace lukaku with a free agent, 33 years old and injury prone. We have needed a right winger for years, shipped out zaha and depay, played mata, lingard and andreas there. We spent 80m on maguire and made him captain, he is not even worth 50% of that and cannot lead this team. Decisions in this club need to change. There is literally no point being ole in or out, it really will not change the situation.

soralapio

I am Ole in, but not because I think Ole is an amazing manager. I was initially Ole in because I figured he would be a good man to right the ship, get the lads playing fun football again, get rid of the deadwood and start to lay the foundation for the next United team, at which point someone else could take over and hopefully take the squad the rest of the way. I no longer believe in this.

This is partly due to the increasing difficulty in ignoring Ole's shortcomings as a manager. I'm not expecting this squad to challenge for anything meaningful yet, but the team just look completely lost. There's no organization, no coherency, no plan to be seen. At times it looks like the players met each other 5 minutes before playing a football match together. Ole's game management skills also seem to be severely lacking. He isn't making substitutions that improve United's situation within games, nor is he demonstrating very much ability to read games and react to them with tactical changes.

However, the biggest reason I'm Ole in is because I don't think sacking Ole would ultimately solve anything. Even if United somehow managed to attract a top manager (and let's be honest, what top manager would sign on for Ed & The Glazers' Special Dividend Payment Generator?), until those above him get sacked and United get turned into a proper football club again, any manager who comes in is ultimately doomed to fail.

UDontMessWith24

I watched beach Arsenal 8-2 and then get torn apart by city 6-1 in the space of a month. I saw Fergie suffer far more embarrassing defeats then today against some really shit opposition.

If our team got beat 6-1, you need to cop it on the chin and mark it down as freak match. Nowhere in Ole's tenure apart from the last 2 or 3 games have I seen our defense so incompetent. Whatever happened today happened, move on with life.
Ole doesn’t get the same benefit of the doubt as Klopp or Fergie. 0 parallels, awful comparison.

Fosu-Mens

I am Ole in, but not because I think Ole is an amazing manager. I was initially Ole in because I figured he would be a good man to right the ship, get the lads playing fun football again, get rid of the deadwood and start to lay the foundation for the next United team, at which point someone else could take over and hopefully take the squad the rest of the way. I no longer believe in this.

This is partly due to the increasing difficulty in ignoring Ole's shortcomings as a manager. I'm not expecting this squad to challenge for anything meaningful yet, but the team just look completely lost. There's no organization, no coherency, no plan to be seen. At times it looks like the players met each other 5 minutes before playing a football match together. Ole's game management skills also seem to be severely lacking. He isn't making substitutions that improve United's situation within games, nor is he demonstrating very much ability to read games and react to them with tactical changes.

However, the biggest reason I'm Ole in is because I don't think sacking Ole would ultimately solve anything. Even if United somehow managed to attract a top manager (and let's be honest, what top manager would sign on for Ed & The Glazers' Special Dividend Payment Generator?), until those above him get sacked and United get turned into a proper football club again, any manager who comes in is ultimately doomed to fail.
So, have OGS here until we get relegated so that the Glazers actually consider selling the club?

Schneiderman

I agree with the post above, sacking Ole is pointless because it won't solve anything.

Was having the argument with a mate earlier who says it's all about the manager, 'if you got Ancelloti and signed James, Allan and Doucoure you'd be happy now'. Yes, but it we got Ancelloti and he asked for those players, Woodward would say here's Bale, Dan James and a Chupo-Moting.

Mourinho tried and failed to challenge the board, so no manager is going to succeed. Nothing is going to change until Woodward and/or the Glazers go, but we'll carry on sacking managers and making the odd big signing to appease the fans until we've turned into Liverpool.

tenpoless

I can't see Ole doing a Goku and break his limit unfortunately. His night at Paris was his highest point where it all came together.
Still not sure if we should sack him, though.

hobbers

I agree with the post above, sacking Ole is pointless because it won't solve anything.
Not sacking him wont solve anything either....

If nothing else managerial turnover inevitably puts pressure and attention on Woodward that he absolutely hates.

If some miracle happened and the Glazers moved Woodward away from the football side and hired a competent football CEO/technical director what is the absolute first thing they would do? Yeah, exactly, they'd sack Ole.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Successful clubs in 2020 need not just cutting edge coaching but also long continuity of recruitment and tactical approach, as well as stable committed ownership.

So, rubbish PE teacher though he is, changing Ole isn't really going to fix anything because he's only a symptom of the main problem which is the owners' business model.

Schneiderman

Not sacking him wont solve anything either....

If nothing else managerial turnover inevitably puts pressure and attention on Woodward that he absolutely hates.

If some miracle happened and the Glazers moved Woodward away from the football side and hired a competent football CEO/technical director what is the absolute first thing they would do? Yeah, exactly, they'd sack Ole.
Either way, nothing gets solved. I'd say it's the opposite though. We sack Ole and you're all appeased for a while, so there's less pressure and Woodward hate until the shiny new manager starts failing. Then the cycle begins again.

If the new competent CEO wants to sack Ole then great, go for it. In all likelihood he's not good enough, but what's the point in the current state of the club?

Mindhunter

List of our problems:

1. Clueless owners
2. Ineptitude and cronyism at the highest levels
2. Lack of strategic plan or governance
101: Ole

Doesn't mean Ole isn't a problem and can't be improved upon but that's just a symptom of the larger problem. We need to prioritize the ones right at the top else this will continue. Rinse and repeat.

ChrisNelson

I'm Ole out, because I don't think he has the knowledge or experience to take us even close to the glory days again.

It's no coincidence that the top 2 last season had the 2 best managers in the world. You get what you deserve from your appointments and signings, and we made a mediocre appointment and will therefore finish this season accordingly.

But then on the other hand football does make me laugh, it's such fine margins. Yesterday, if either Martial isn't red carded or at the very least Lamela goes with him then it's a totally different game, we certainly don't lose it 1-6.

And we could even be sat here talking about what a great job Ole did out thinking Mourinho.

But the fact is looking across that team yesterday, Ole is at best getting 60% out of the players, some even less (if Pogba was at one third of his capability I would be surprised).

Now that wouldn't be so much of an issue if we had a manager who I thought capable of getting a reaction, like the great managers do.

But Ole simply isn't one of those, he never will be. Our big rivals all now have them and I'm afraid we are starting to be left well behind.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
If we had a DoF and a good, footballing board - Ole would do alright here. We will never have this and that is why Ole is struggling, as he doesn't have the experience and strength to do it all. He is much more a people person rather than tactically astute as well - you can see that with our shape and issues not getting addressed and why our form is so up and down. We have no consistency as Ole doesnt tweak here and there when frailties are apparent. This isn't a Barcelona style where you can slot in a club legend as manager with not so much experience - we are in a lot of trouble, the cracks will just keep getting bigger.

He is simply out of his depth in this shitshow of a club.