For The Culture….Young Kings Versuz: Bellingham or Musiala, who is better?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Well you're long of making his point. None of those players stayed at Leverkusen long. That's the only, if you stay long enough you get infected and never recover. Tah is now so infected no team wants him :lol:
I don't know how old you are but for me, 11 years at one club is a long period ;)

Moreover, I think this is an unfair comparison. Dortmund sends all their good players to Bayern so of course they'll be winning titles after leaving!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's a very controversial topic among Leverkusen fans. The comfort zone is usually brought up by fans who think that all we need to win a title is a bit more ambition to win titles.

In the end what you describe simply comes down to squad quality again. The better the competition for your spot the higher the pressure.

I think we would definitely do a bit betterin that regard with somebody like Rangnick running us but the comfort zone issue has been overstated way too much. When people have to clue what's happening, they will always blame mentality. The Leverkusen fans who still moan ablut it are oftenthose who are delusional enough to believe we're still on eye level with Dortmund.

Also, let's not forget who coined that phrase. A coach who moans about the mentality at a club days before a cup final and then allegedly shags the wife of one of his players at his next destination surely should be listened to with some restraints.
Sure, squad quality is a huge factor, but there is more than one kind of pressure, e.g. someone at Bayern tells Bild that Süle is a fatty, they then spin that into a national headline and on TV, Doppelpass talks about it for an hour on a Sunday morning. Or Sane getting booed by his own home crowd.

I don't think it's rocket science: top talents/players at Leverkusen face very little pressure, therefore the ones who lack the internal drive to make up for it or are a bit full of themselves turn into Julian Brandt.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Every German club is like Spurs except Bayern. We're all competing for the second place over here ;)
That is actually not correct. Leverkusen has never been champion in Germany. And they were founded in 1904.
During these 117 years there have been champions not named Bayern.
Tottenham has won the league twice.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That is actually not correct. Leverkusen has never been champion in Germany.
But we've won the DFB Pokal! Ask @stefan92, that's the stuff dreams are made of ;)

there have been champions not named Bayern.
And Game of Thrones used to be a great TV show. But when you're half way through the eighth season of Game of Thrones, the fact that it used to be exciting hurts even more! The Bundesliga has jumped the shark quite some time ago, so to speak. It's mostly (Bayern) fan service these days

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
And Game of Thrones used to be a great TV show. But when you're half way through the eighth season of Game of Thrones, the fact that it used to be exciting hurts even more! The Bundesliga has jumped the shark quite some time ago, so to speak. It's mostly (Bayern) fan service these days
While that is true it has nothing to do with the Vizekusen/Neverkusen moniker

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
While that is true it has nothing to do with the Vizekusen/Neverkusen moniker
I take that moniker. Since I follow football, my club has played internationally more often than not. I prefer that over being able to boast about my team once winning a few titles shortly after the extinction of the dinosaurs ;)

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Every German club is like Spurs except Bayern. We're all competing for the second place over here ;)
No historically they aren't, Hamburger SV and Dortmund have 1 UCL final and 1 UCL trophy, plus other german teams have dominated the old UEFA Cup when it was more competitive because European Cup had less spots for top 4 leagues.

Also big reminder thar Bayern massive dominance only became a thing since 2000s, before that Bundesliga had the same amount of winners as the English League since the 50s(then EPL)...the fact that they won 16 of their 30 BL trophies after 1999, only missing it 5 times (3 to Dortmund, 1 to Stuttgart, and 1 to Wolfsburg) says it all.
What boosted Bayern economy/dominance is big money from TV rights, as Bayern is the most marketable german club in abroad.

But don't worry, Bundesliga is being crushed by a team that in the european scene only is outperformed by Real Madrid, they have 1 less UCL than AC Milan but have been relevant in Europe for a way longer time than the italians and the same goes with Liverpool(who has been extremely irregular in Europe like Milan despite their 6 UCL trophies).

You seems salty that Leverkusen never won Bundesliga, so you scapegoat that using teams that not who won trophies like Hamburger SV, Dortmund, or Monchengladbach but also wom the Bundesliga.

Last edited: