Film Ford v Ferrari (2019)

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
New movie about the battle between Ford and Ferrari at Le Mans in the 60's starring Matt Damon and Christian Bale.

Looks solid, but all of these types of films are now going to be compared with Rush so it'll be interesting if it measures up.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So, I've just watched this.

It's good fun, very well filmed, action scenes and the sound is great, so probably best to watch it on big screen, I doubt it will be half as good on TV.

The dialogue is poor though, it would be better if it was just action without any dialogue. You can find better lines in Fast and Furious movies than this.

Someone mentioned Rush, I think it's probably better than Rush, at least the action, acting, and production is far better if not the story. But Grand Tour's piece on Ford vs Ferrari is far better than anything from both movies.

I wou

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
So, I've just watched this.

It's good fun, very well filmed, action scenes and the sound is great, so probably best to watch it on big screen, I doubt it will be half as good on TV.

The dialogue is poor though, it would be better if it was just action without any dialogue. You can find better lines in Fast and Furious movies than this.

Someone mentioned Rush, I think it's probably better than Rush, at least the action, acting, and production is far better if not the story. But Grand Tour's piece on Ford vs Ferrari is far better than anything from both movies.

I wou
Strongly disagree. Rush is a masterpiece and not just because its most factually accurate, but because it synthesises a great piece of racing history that will appeal to alot of viewers that aren't racing fans.

This one was way too long and the racing made up far too much of the screen time. Its accurate, but a massively drawn out process

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Strongly disagree. Rush is a masterpiece and not just because its most factually accurate, but because it synthesises a great piece of racing history that will appeal to alot of viewers that aren't racing fans.

This one was way too long and the racing made up far too much of the screen time. Its accurate, but a massively drawn out process
This is true - I don't care one iota about racing, and I found Rush really engrossing.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Rush's virtual racing is something that really pissed me off. There are more realistic video games than racing was in Rush.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Thought Christian Bale as Ken Miles was amazing. And that scene where Bale and Damon engage in some good old roughhousing was really funny.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Is Rush the Lauda/Hunt film? I enjoyed that seeing the playboy come good even though Lauda was obviously better. And his recovery is still a heart warming story of attitude and determination and of course talent. The risks those guys took before these days' improvements in safety are insane.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Is this any good, is it worth watching on Film 4 this weekend?

I love Le Mans, with Steve McQueen, because it so focused on the racing and it's real and gritty.

It's supposed to have won an Oscar, but I'm worried it'll be the usual Hollywood tat with expensive special effects.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

I love Le Mans, with Steve McQueen, because it so focused on the racing and it's real and gritty.

It's supposed to have won an Oscar, but I'm worried it'll be the usual Hollywood tat with expensive special effects.
It's great. Won't say anything else other than that, but it's definitely not Hollywood tat if that worries you.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

It’s dynamite. Bale is incredible. Damon is solid. Race scenes are great.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Its brilliant.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Watched this again a couple of nights ago. It's phenomenal and I love it, really just adore it. In a weird way it makes me emotional and a tad weepy and I'm not entirely sure.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
What a lot of Hollywood drivel, made for people who know sod all about Le Mans. I suppose it's a jolly little Hollywoodised story, but if this is what it takes to win an Oscar, the mind boggles. :houllier:

Mind you, Gladiator was supposed to be the greatest film ever made and that's complete rubbish.

You can see why 'they' didn't like Steve McQueen's Le Mans, whereas petrol heads rave about it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What a lot of Hollywood drivel, made for people who know sod all about Le Mans. I suppose it's a jolly little Hollywoodised story, but if this is what it takes to win an Oscar, the mind boggles. :houllier:

Mind you, Gladiator was supposed to be the greatest film ever made and that's complete rubbish.

You can see why 'they' didn't like Steve McQueen's Le Mans, whereas petrol heads rave about it.
You said a lot of words there and somehow every single one of them was wrong.

AaronRedDevil

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Also not a single one of those words actually explains what that (wrong) opinion is motivated by.

And the little Gladiator snipe is like the icing on the cake.