Formula E

pauldyson1uk

I noticed this starts on Saturday morning, will anybody be watching it?
I might give it a look, all electric racing round street tracks could be interesting.
I know nothing about any racers or teams yet.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
gonna be interesting... specially after a few years of development.

i wonder if they gonna charge the cars with enough energy to finish the race or they will have to stop and refill their batteries at the pits?

F-Red

i wonder if they gonna charge the cars with enough energy to finish the race or they will have to stop and refill their batteries at the pits?
Nope, they change cars in the pits. Batteries won't last a full race so each driver has a spare car until the battery technology gives them enough for a full race.

It looks interesting and i'll give it a watch on Saturday just to see if the racing is any good.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Don't know a whole lot about it, but reading that link. Are all the cars the same basically for the first two season, before they have more freedom to develop cars within guidelines?

Leg-End

Good to see Trulli finally get a teammate with longer hair than him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Piquet will crash.
Trulli will hold everyone up.
Nick Heidfeld will outbeard everyone.

I'd probably watch it if it wasn't for the stupid amount I plan to drink on Friday night, no chance I'm going to see 8am on Saturday.

gormless

I missed the Trulli train. Sounds like a good idea, but probably won't watch. F1 is slowly sucking all the enjoyment from motorsports for me, yet for some reason i still watch that

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
The pit stops/car change should be entertaining at the very least. I'd imaging their will be a fair bit of time difference between the drivers here as well.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Alan Prost, Leonardo DiCaprio, two female drivers and a circuit about 500 meters from my doorstep? Sounds good, I'm in.

Oh it's on 8am on a Saturday? Yeeaah, I'm not gonna see any of that.

Last edited:

NinjaFletch

Can't say I'm very interested in it after this sort of nonsense:

So to immerse fans into the world of Formula E they will play music during the event and have a 'fanboost', where three drivers with the most social media votes will have the power of their cars increased from 133kw to 200kw prior to the race so that they can use a 'boost' of 90hp during the proceedings.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
'fanboost', where three drivers with the most social media votes will have the power of their cars increased from 133kw to 200kw prior to the race so that they can use a 'boost' of 90hp during the proceedings.
That's actually the single most ridiculous idea I've ever heard.

Bernie will want that in F1.

kotha

So to immerse fans into the world of Formula E they will play music during the event and have a 'fanboost', where three drivers with the most social media votes will have the power of their cars increased from 133kw to 200kw prior to the race so that they can use a 'boost' of 90hp during the proceedings.
I actually thought I understood it wrong when I read the article. It just doesn't make sense.

pauldyson1uk

OMG what a crazy idea, has Bernie been involved in this?

Leg-End

Fanboost sounds like one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of in any sport, ever.

Bananas.

Leg-End

Anyone watch that race then?

Prost with one of the most dangerous idiotic moves you will ever see on the final lap, final corner going for a race win. Heidfeld is really lucky to walk away from that.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout

Prost with one of the most dangerous idiotic moves you will ever see on the final lap, final corner going for a race win. Heidfeld is really lucky to walk away from that.
I take it, that it resulted in a crash then?

KingCantona87

He has to be severely punished for that. Was totally idiotic and put Heidfeld in serious danger, not to mention Heidfeld would have won as well. Pure cnut move.

Leg-End

That has to be one of the worst attempt at a pass I have ever seen in any Motorsport event.
Heidfeld was very lucky not to have serious injuries.
Attempts at a defense you mean, Heidfeld was passing. It was laughably bad, it would be a bad enough move if the corner was actually there but it isn't, they are miles from the turn in point.

New series and everything but it should make no difference, he should be banned for that. It was public server online racing style defense.

pauldyson1uk

Attempts at a defense you mean, Heidfeld was passing. It was laughably bad, it would be a bad enough move if the corner was actually there but it isn't, they are miles from the turn in point.

New series and everything but it should make no difference, he should be banned for that. It was public server online racing style defense.
your right.
Did not watch the race had to take son to football, but I will watch the highlights later.

Krits

Is this being televised in India?

Anybody willing to talk a little about the race? Was the racing good?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The cars look crap, genuinely crap.

They're not very fast and they're lacking the most vital of all ingredients, sound.

No sound, no care.

Leg-End

They looked slow and sounded like RC cars
Very few overtakes although the track wasn't great for it
There is for some reason a minimum pitstop time so even though they are jumping between cars as fast as possible if they do it too quick they get a penalty
The race leader did this

Then accused the driver of "overcooking it" and "divebombing" him despite the fact he turns into the corner so early he might as well have aimed for the pitlane entry.
They all need 2 cars each for a 25 lap race and the grid is like a graveyard of failed F1 drivers.
For some reason towards the last third of the race, music started playing beneath the commentary all the way until the end.
Instead of pit garages they all had big tents.

Wasn't a great start, if that crash didn't happen at the end I don't think people would even remember it, all the hallmarks of a series that will end up like A1GP did.

Krits

They looked slow and sounded like RC cars
Very few overtakes although the track wasn't great for it
There is for some reason a minimum pitstop time so even though they are jumping between cars as fast as possible if they do it too quick they get a penalty
The race leader did this

Then accused the driver of "overcooking it" and "divebombing" him despite the fact he turns into the corner so early he might as well have aimed for the pitlane entry.
They all need 2 cars each for a 25 lap race and the grid is like a graveyard of failed F1 drivers.
For some reason towards the last third of the race, music started playing beneath the commentary all the way until the end.
Instead of pit garages they all had big tents.

Wasn't a great start, if that crash didn't happen at the end I don't think people would even remember it, all the hallmarks of a series that will end up like A1GP did.
Thats sad. I wanted an alternative to F1. Looks like MotoGP will be my only saviour. Now only if their fecking races didn't clash all the time with Football. I wish I could see Bathurst in India.

F-Red

I actually enjoyed it, I think with a decent track which promotes overtaking then it would be a compelling watch.

I'll give it a couple of seasons as it'll take that time to iron out the niggles.