Formula E

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Apparently there's a track at Battersea Park. I've been invited to go and have a look around the paddock and go to a Q&A with the Formula E boss later this month.
Might go but I have to go through some FIA accreditation process which seems a ballache.

F-Red

Yeah it's round Battersea Park, it's definitely worth a visit i'd say if you have an opportunity & you're bound to see an action packed race.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I caught some of the race yesterday and it was pretty good, actually.

Bit of an F1 driver retirement park, like, but an entertaining watch.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I have watched a little on tv, and it seemed quite entertaining, the lack of noise was a bit weird for me. Going to go to one of the London races, never followed it before, but my wife's cousin is a driver, so going for moral support.

pauldyson1uk

I am watching the first race of season 4 and I am sure about it.
The eletric cars sound dreadful ,it sounds like a life size Scalextic track, I am looking for the slot in the road.
The cars just dont look fast and this Hong Kong track is unbelievably tight and very narrow in places.

Last edited:

spwd

Tried watching a race a while ago after driving the cars in Real Racing 3 game, theyre as bad in real life as they are in game, terrible.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Is anyone really interested in this? Will it be the case that it will be rammed down our throats and we won't have a choice?

tbh, my vacuum cleaner is no less interesting a noise than this stuff.

Was talking to my Le Mans buddy the other day, we've been going every year together for the last 12, or something, and he said he probably would stop going if it went electric.

All the big manufacturers are piling in now, so, perhaps that make it slightly more competitive and interesting.

When all's said and done, motorsport is a lot about the noise. The complaining about F1 when they changed to less interesting sounding engines. The diesel Audis in WEC, not noisy enough.

Who is Formula E for? Environmentalists who have no interest in motorsport anyway?

What says the Cafe?

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
There isn't any appetite for it from me, I've watched F1 all my life and this only once - interestingly it was the graveyard of ex F1 drivers on a street track with no overtaking so it really was scalextrics. And from what I understand until recently they've had to swap cars mid race because the battery wouldn't last long enough which is hilarious but there is the underlying argument that this technology is the future hence the likes of Mercedes joining.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is anyone really interested in this? Will it be the case that it will be rammed down our throats and we won't have a choice?

tbh, my vacuum cleaner is no less interesting a noise than this stuff.

Was talking to my Le Mans buddy the other day, we've been going every year together for the last 12, or something, and he said he probably would stop going if it went electric.

All the big manufacturers are piling in now, so, perhaps that make it slightly more competitive and interesting.

When all's said and done, motorsport is a lot about the noise. The complaining about F1 when they changed to less interesting sounding engines. The diesel Audis in WEC, not noisy enough.

Who is Formula E for? Environmentalists who have no interest in motorsport anyway?

What says the Cafe?
I think it's a good reason if they're going to fully develop the E side of things, it should allow formula 1 to stop dicking around in hybrid technology and just concentrate on pure power/noise.

The crappy street circuits are the main reason I don't watch it, but yeah no noise is never a good thing either.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Richard Meaden tested the latest Formula E car against the previous generation in Evo, the other month.

Basically, he said they are rubbish.

What a shit formula, and they are about to ruin Le Mans with electric power.

Great in the city, no place in motor sport.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The sound is mad. As is Attack Mode.

This Morocco track looks a nightmare to overtake on. Fun though.

NWRed

I tried watching the first race of the season in Saudi Arabia but I can't take it seriously with nonsense like fan boost.