Fosu Mensah loan watch | Fulham 2018-19

criticalanalysis

Fulham play very good football to be fair. The whole philisophy from the manager is to play football and not be afraid of the ball.

I saw their first game against Palace and there were not afraid to play the ball inbetween the lines and pressure knowing full well Palace's threat on the counter. Hogdson would be proud of the way Fulham are playing right now as he started it all off imo.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Ive never seen those bursting runs and shot/crosses from him before, I had no clue he was as strong offensively as those highlights showed. Why is he on loan again?
He needs to improve his all-around game. Like a few of you here, I think that he would make a DM one day but if he improves his crossing, it will give him more options especially with his pace.
He is probably the fastest player in the United squad. It would be interesting to see him on the field running with Roshaun.

meamth

He needs to improve his all-around game. Like a few of you here, I think that he would make a DM one day but if he improves his crossing, it will give him more options especially with his pace.
He is probably the fastest player in the United squad. It would be interesting to see him on the field running with Roshaun.
:nono: There was a myth that Smalling outran every one in sprint training.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Seri adjusting well to the league it seems...

Sessegnon dropped for the first time in over a year, could make for an interesting locker room dynamic with Jokanovic.

RedCurry

I am glad that he’s gone to a side that is looking to play the right way. For young players, good coaching can be make or break.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Impressive
Nice. I do remember one Crystal Palace match last season where he did similar, but hopefully this time it'll become a regular thing. He obviously needs to improve his final ball but at least he was using his incredibly athleticism to get into those positions, something that he rarely did with us or Palace. If he decides he wants to simply go past a player there aren't many who will be able to stop him.

He also seemed to showcase his passing ability between the lines. That was the highlight for me last season, he really surprised me with his ability to pick out players higher up the pitch at times.

Kostov

Let's hope TFM continues playing in the starting line up, develops sufficiently and comes back to fight for a place next season. He looks very good in those highlights.

Ashley R1+O

He actually looked really good last night. It is a shame the washup around pre-season and the Valencia/Dalot injury stuff landed predominantly after it was decided he went out on loan. He does look like he needs a good year playing his balls off for a lower team with no pressure to give him that confidence. Fulham looks like a decent outfit this year.

SteveW

Encouraging. He might have a chance here if he can become a flying attacking fullback. Potentially being able to fill in a CB would be useful too. Lets see how this develops

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Thank god we kept Darmian instead of him.

sarcasm

tomaldinho1

He actually looks really good - very comfortbale on the ball and just needs game time now and a bit of finesse on those crosses. Hopefully Tuanzebe can get good game time as well - then we have some decent optiob for next season without having to worry about our scattergun transfer approach for defenders!

Red_Ramirez

:lol:Still rubbish final ball

Let's hope he can hold down the right-back spot there and actually develop his game. At Palace last season he dropped down to 3rd choice RB

sarcasm
Currently Darmian is a better full-back than Fosu-Mensah

Anyone and I mean anyone can look decent in a two minute highlights compliation..

MadMike

Impressive
kinell! A reminder, if we needed one, that the lad is rapid. Needs to improve on his crossing a bit though. Couple of times he was in a good position for a cross and he overhit it.

Rossa

:lol:Still rubbish final ball

Let's hope he can hold down the right-back spot there and actually develop his game. At Palace last season he dropped down to 3rd choice RB

Anyone and I mean anyone can look decent in a two minute highlights compliation..
One of his low crosses was a great pass, and one that the strikers should have scored from, instead of stumbling and falling over like a big tree. Also, defending wise, TFM's match against Tottenham is probably better than anything Darmian has done for us.

His pace is really something. Usually, you have these nippy, quick players that can get ahead of their defender, but not get away from them. TFM just runs away from his defenders and increases the distance. His style reminds me of Kyle Walker - one of the few players in the league who could match Walker for pace, I think.

United have plenty of fast players, but we are a slow team - go figure.

Lukaku, Martial, Rashford - all are very, very fast. Martial probably being the slowest, which tells you something.

Fred, Pogba, Herrera - a very dynamic midfield.

Shaw, Smalling, Bailly, Valencia/TFM - rapid back-line. Yet our defense probably sits lower than any other in the league...

Nickosaur

People complaining about his crossing in that vid but one of those could easily have been an assist. I'm delighted for him, looks a genuine threat going forward. I still have some reservations about his defensive positioning, but I'm hoping that improves with age and maturity.

Litch

Ive never seen those bursting runs and shot/crosses from him before, I had no clue he was as strong offensively as those highlights showed. Why is he on loan again?
I agree. Surely he could be coming off the bench at a time when the RB position is filled by a player who'd sooner not be here. I like how people feel he needs to find his game elsewhere but what about the rubbish that's here that we can't ship out to improve their game who are beyond saving? I'd sooner his offensive runs than none at all. I'd sooner him getting fouled on one of his runs than no runs at all. I'd sooner the winger be tracking him than the other way round.

Like I said we send him out to comeback improved when it's not like he has Gary N in front of him....

Last edited:

Rossa

I agree. Surely he could be coming off the bench at a time when the RB position is filled by a player who'd sooner not be here.
If he can play as Fulham's number one right back for a full season, then I think that is more beneficial to TFM and us in the long run.

I cant tell if he is using his pace well or Taylor is just incredibly slow?

Either way it would be great if he can settle at RB and come back a better player, as he has looked well off the standard required when he has played for us so far.

Rossa

I cant tell if he is using his pace well or Taylor is just incredibly slow?

Either way it would be great if he can settle at RB and come back a better player, as he has looked well off the standard required when he has played for us so far.
Taylor may be slow, but against Tottenham, last season I believe, he carried the ball and just raced away from Dembele, who is quite fast. He also quite easily outpaced Bale in pre-season. The guy is rapid and very strong. I just hope he doesn't rely on his physical attributes too much, and that he becomes tactically aware both in defense and attack.

Litch

If he can play as Fulham's number one right back for a full season, then I think that is more beneficial to TFM and us in the long run.
I agree but like I've added, it's frustrating that we are sending him out to improve his game but it's not like the players here offensively are better. Defensively he's got a lot to learn but I'm not convinced that the loan system works in the same way it did years ago. Did he benefit from last loan deal? Does Fulham play the way we do? I'm sure we never sent him there because it would develop his attacking football? Does anyone not remember what he was like under LVG before being injured during Spurs? He had a spell where he was our best player.

Loan system - We sent a lad to Spain for 2 seasons only for him to come back and playing him in completely different position.

Dolf

Only 20 years old and his crosses are already just as good as Valencia's. If he improves his defending then he can be our starting RB next season or the season after that.

devilish

We won't be winning the league this season and next year we'll probably have an exodus of players leaving,. So instead wasting time on average players who want out and will leave on cheap free then why not give a decent kid a chance? Dalot on the left and TFM on the right might just be the men we need to replace Valencia and Young. The latter two are both 33 and won't be lasting any longer.

Kostov

We won't be winning the league this season and next year we'll probably have an exodus of players leaving,. So instead wasting time on average players who want out and will leave on cheap free then why not give a decent kid a chance? Dalot on the left and TFM on the right might just be the men we need to replace Valencia and Young. The latter two are both 33 and won't be lasting any longer.
For some reason you forgot our most promising young full back.

devilish

For some reason you forgot our most promising young full back.
Shaw will probably break soon or fizzle away, he always does that. However, sure lets see what he can offer. So many players will be leaving and we can't spend 300m to replace them. Lets give the young crop a chance.

El Jefe

He looks like a totally different player in that video. His attacking play for us has been abysmal when he's played RB but seems like Fulham are keen on making the most out of his lightning pace and physicality.

Can only be a good thing for us.

Kostov

Shaw will probably break soon or fizzle away, he always does that. However, sure lets see what he can offer.
Always does that? Nah mate. Shaw was very good in the winter and yet ended up replaced by Young. He is given a chance now again and has been the only bright spark in the first two games. Let's hope Dalot/TFM don't get the same treatment as Shaw from the manager, because I doubt they would show the same commitment and stay and fight for a place.

Enigma_87

You know who

sarcasm
Saw the white text, but a loan where he'll play regularly in PL is very good for him. He isn't ready yet for United to be a regular starter and would need those minutes to continue with his development.

Come next year and an year where he puts in a shift every week he'd be comfortable IMO to be part of our first team and should be given the chance to do so.

Litch

I think it links to our mentality at the moment. If he was a young player like Scott and disciplined in his defensive play, he'd be here.

dove

Only 20 years old and his crosses are already just as good as Valencia's. If he improves his defending then he can be our starting RB next season or the season after that.
It's impossible to cross the ball worse than Valencia, isn't it?

Bestietom

Well done Fosu. Keep it up and you will get your chance here next year, under a new manager.

devilish

Always does that? Nah mate. Shaw was very good in the winter and yet ended up replaced by Young. He is given a chance now again and has been the only bright spark in the first two games. Let's hope Dalot/TFM don't get the same treatment as Shaw from the manager, because I doubt they would show the same commitment and stay and fight for a place.
Yes it is. He's been here for 4 years and you can count his good games on your hands.

In my opinion, no player should stay at a top club for 4 years despite failing to produce year after year. However, here we are and we have to play with the hand dealt. I have no issues in giving Shaw his last chance but seriously I won't hold my breath in him succeeding.