Fosu Mensah loan watch | Fulham 2018-19

Wotspur

Fosu Mensah seems to have suffered from Big club syndrome .
They come up through the ranks , would bleed for the club and get replaced by a big money signing and sent out on loan, rarely if ever to return.
I was at WHL where he played superbly at was subbed at 0-0 , we went onnto win 3-0 , with 3goals in 6 mins, and he never played a full game again.
I know HK went out on loan before getting a 1st place , but imagine , when Fosu came off that WHL pitch , he’d have been buzzing with enthusiasm .
I still reckon he’s better option than Lindloff and Damian ,so why not try him in those positions

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
They come up through the ranks , would bleed for the club and get replaced by a big money signing and sent out on loan, rarely if ever to return.
I was at WHL where he played superbly at was subbed at 0-0 , we went onnto win 3-0 , with 3goals in 6 mins, and he never played a full game again.
I know HK went out on loan before getting a 1st place , but imagine , when Fosu came off that WHL pitch , he’d have been buzzing with enthusiasm .
I still reckon he’s better option than Lindloff and Damian ,so why not try him in those positions
He's 20 ffs. Cool through hysterics.

He might well be a better option than Darmian or Lindelof, but how often are they going to play this season? Better for him to go on loan and play regularly, than to warm the bench here.

Judas

Open to offers
:lol: such a typical example of overrating a kid just because he plays for us. If he's good enough, he'll make it. Don't talk like you know him, it just comes across as daft. He's got plenty of years to prove himself.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
:lol: such a typical example of overrating a kid just because he plays for us. If he's good enough, he'll make it. Don't talk like you know him, it just comes across as daft. He's got plenty of years to prove himself.
He's a Spurs fan.

JMack1234

I've no idea why Fosu-Mensah isn't in and around our squad when you consider how weak we are in the defensive department. If Dalot works out we could have Fosu-Mensah and Dalot as our RB options which could be very exciting.

TheReligion

Abusive
I've no idea why Fosu-Mensah isn't in and around our squad when you consider how weak we are in the defensive department. If Dalot works out we could have Fosu-Mensah and Dalot as our RB options which could be very exciting.
It's been covered but I'll echo it.

He needs games. Valencia is our right back and club captain like it or not. If he's fit he likely starts. Dalot is his deputy and looks further developed as s RB/WB than Tim.

Would be a total waste to stay at the club and sit on the bench all season when we need him ready for next.

Varun

Staff
To play football. He won't get games here atm.

Kostov

I’m tempted to ask... would he be any worse than Lindelof at CB? He won’t get bullied physically that is for sure.

Ace of Spades

I’m tempted to ask... would he be any worse than Lindelof at CB? He won’t get bullied physically that is for sure.
I don't know about TFM, but Tuanzebe outperformed him when given the chance. Looked more ready than Lindelof did.

pascell

TFM is a natural Defensive Midfielder.
But Jose may not see that.
Maybe in the future but at the moment he's far from being able to play there. His positioning on the pitch needs to be much more astute to play as a DM, sometimes he relies too much on his recovery speed to get him out of his lack of positional sense.

He's also very rash with his tackling, it needs to be timed to perfection playing DM.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
I don't know about TFM, but Tuanzebe outperformed him when given the chance. Looked more ready than Lindelof did.
Which is why I am so angry that Lindelof was given chances to rebound from his poor (comparatively) performance, while Tuanzebe was not given chances to build on his good (again comparatively) one. All selections of Lindelof at RB were bad, but Blind at CB and Lindelof at RB v Derby when it should have been Victor at CB and Axel at RB was the worst, especially with Mkhitaryan starting too. Axel arguably deserved some games at CB too, especially in a 3 with the Swede and Smalling. Blind should have been sold last window, along with Darmian, and neither should have been preferred to Tuanzebe in the cup, and the Armenian should also not have been cup-tied before his "sale".

(Before anyone points out I am not a Utd fan, I am talking from the point of view of England. Man Utd are an English club, Tuanzebe is an English player and Lindelof isn't.)

Bola

I'm glad he is getting regular game time on loan at Fulham, but I'd rather it be at CB than RB as I think that is his better positions. The minutes are the most important thing at this stage though.

I hope we have a recall clause for the Jan window. I'm afraid I just don't have faith that Rojo and Jones will ever get a consistent string of games due to injury proneness, while Bailey is at risk of falling into that category. Meanwhile, we have a huge question mark on Victor L. 4/5 of our senior defenders are therefore a concern, while I'm in the camp of believing that Smalling needs to be upgraded (relies heavily on physical attributes that may soon decline, limited technical ability and tendency to pull/ grab)

Unless we sign players, I'd be looking to bring TFM back and put him straight into the matchday squad, if not the starting 11 of a back 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Really don't get the hype surrounding this bloke. Looks bang average most times I watch him.

shabz

His athleticism gets him where he is for me, not shown any intelligence or technique in his play for Fulham.

Bobski

His athleticism gets him where he is for me, not shown any intelligence or technique in his play for Fulham.
Yes, didn't want to make that point and be accused of stereotyping, but with him it fits.

I wonder if he will very get the chance to play midfield again? Isn't that where he made his breakthrough appearances for Utd at?

Ekeke

Really don't get the hype surrounding this bloke. Looks bang average most times I watch him.
I think he's horribly inconsistent at right back on his loans.

Occasionally he has a really good game, but often average as you say. Good physical qualities, with his speed and power and enough technical ability to go with it.

He did quite well for a youngster when he played at CB for us and that was probably where he seemed the most exciting prospect. But he rarely ever gets to play the position, either for us or out on loan so thats not looking particularly good for his development in that position eventually. Mind you, you could say the same with Andreas and CM.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
actually looked promising in the first 20minutes, great quick play, good awareness and quick passing but then he made two bad tackles which led to for his confidence to drop and struggled since. He's not a RWB, problem is he's not really premier league RB, CDM or CB either, probably would help to go out on loan to championship and play 50 games per season there and iron out his positioning mistakes. He still has time but if he doesn't kick on he might end up like Jeffrey Schlup player

Alabaster Codify7

Yeah I dont really see it to be honest. If he wasn't one of our own, none of the posters on here would rate him. Imagine if he was say, a product of the Watford academy and was playing for Watford, nobody would be like "that Fosu-Mensha looks awesome, we should bid for him". Not in the slightest.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
actually looked promising in the first 20minutes, great quick play, good awareness and quick passing but then he made two bad tackles which led to for his confidence to drop and struggled since. He's not a RWB, problem is he's not really premier league RB, CDM or CB either, probably would help to go out on loan to championship and play 50 games per season there and iron out his positioning mistakes. He still has time but if he doesn't kick on he might end up like Jeffrey Schlup player
What? He’s on loan to a PL club, how’s a championship club going to make him better?

Idxomer

He's actually been one of Fullham's better players. Better than Sessegnon on the other side.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
What? He’s on loan to a PL club, how’s a championship club going to make him better?
I thought it was clear as a day what I just posted, I even explained that man! if he goes to championship and play all games it is better for him then roughly 15 starts he will get at Fullham this season, he's too inconsistent to be trusted. I wish they gave him a chance even when the player goes through bad patches and still learning but this is PL and he's a player on loan, if he doesn't start performing he will be replaced soon. However he has the quality to play in the championship for a top6 club 50 games, where he could learn the basics which he lacks..

Litch

Very good second half and been a solid loan so far....some of the comments people forget how good he was here under LVG until he was injured. What I've like about watching him is his forward play....

freeurmind

weak willed
Was about to write how strange it was that so many people were shocked that a Utd academy product was getting hype on a United forum or that the kid is 20 years old and is still learning but then I remembered that this is the caf.

freeurmind

weak willed
Any half decent talent from the academy gets hyped up to death. It's incredible
Yeah, I know, our academy has an absolutely awful track record in terms of producing talent for the first team. Can anyone name even 3, 4 quality players that have come out of the academy in the last 50 years?