Four 9-0 results in PL history

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Of the four 9 - 0 results in Premier League history, two have been won by Man United. Once vs Ipswich Town and vs Southampton.

Southampton have lost 9 - 0 twice, once vs Leicester and vs Man United.

Last edited by a moderator:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Complete lack of respect for the opposition I don't believe that for a second but thats what was said when we beat Watford 8-0 by some on here so now I think I'm funny saying it back.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
9:0 vs Ipswich was 11 v 11. That was a proper annihilation, Ipswich just couldn't live with us :drool:

Felt a little sorry for Southampton today tbh, but yeah we were due another 9:0 :)

acnumber9

2 of the three 9 - 0 results in Premier League history have been against Southampton and by Man United!
And Hassenhutl has been manager for two of them. He’ll not be a top manager until he learns how to get a team to defend. That was the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a top flight team.

AFC NimbleThumb

Felt a little sorry for Southampton today tbh, but yeah we were due another 9:0 :)
I would have felt sorry for them had their manager not made certain comments after we won 3-2 this season only to collapse in a heap cause he won a game against Klopp.

Their manager makes them a team I dislike immensely, especially how happy they were to snatch a draw late last year.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Spurs came close with a 9-1 win over Wigan

Red & White

Unbelievable result! It’s weird how we’re not being given much credit for this? Over the moon.

Castia

Should have been 10 Greenwood scored an open goal before he brought it back for the pen (then VAR’d to a shitty free kick)!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
9:0 vs Ipswich was 11 v 11. That was a proper annihilation, Ipswich just couldn't live with us :drool:

That’s mental that. Leicester vs Saints was 10 men from 12 minutes in too.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s all fun and games until you go back to wishing Andy Cole could have saved one of those for West Ham.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Giggs :drool: What a flying winger he was.

Cloud7

That's pretty cool that we have two of the three 9-0 results. Poor Southampton as well, being on the receiving end of it twice. That's not a trivia question you want to be the answer to.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
That's pretty cool that we have two of the three 9-0 results. Poor Southampton as well, being on the receiving end of it twice. That's not a trivia question you want to be the answer to.
Same mananger too for Soton.

BtW Sparky was hell of a striker, pretty underrated one, Colewas the one who got his 5 goals on that day though...

Oddboy

Should have been 10 Greenwood scored an open goal before he brought it back for the pen (then VAR’d to a shitty free kick)!
Actually that's a great point - why were we not given the advantage in the situation?

GueRed

listened to the Ipswich game on the good old radio

couldnt wait to watch Match of the Day later that evening

El Zoido

Reckon we’d have scored a tenth vs. Southampton had the ref not ended the game early. They’d completely fallen apart by the end and we were just walking through them. Ref ended it a couple of minutes early, which is fair.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
There should be a threshold when you start getting points deductions for losing by a wide enough margin.

Losing a scrappy game 1-0 should not leave you with the same result as getting blown out 9-0.