Foxes Talk goes into meltdown

frank lee madeer..

Its leicester , they aint great after 1 season , in the same way that chelsea aint shite after 1 bad season.

They hit the perfect storm last season. No battle hardened rivals. Arsenal and Spurs dont qualify.
Im amazed more ppl didnt take the 50/1 for them to be relegated at the start of the season.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Sevilla win by 3+ in the home leg. Huge gulf is quality, I'd back Sevilla to have a decent chance of knocking any English side out over two legs, let alone Leicester.
I think Sevilla are better than any English side at the moment, but I thought Leicester would top their Cl group and I was right, and I have my reasons for thinking they'll knock Sevilla out. We'll just have to wait and see.

Bojan11

I think they are going down

But if I was a Leicester fan I'd like to think I'd still be on cloud 9. I don't think I would have it upon me to be angry at the players or manager. In fact I know I wouldn't

They have the infrastructure to bounce back again. But Raneiri should resign no matter what in the summer
What's the point of wanting him to resign in the summer?

Why not get rid when you got a chance now?

Robbie Boy

Yes because he was scoring goals for them.
Exactly. He would no doubt look equally as poor as the rest of them had he stayed. There's clearly huge problems within the club and the mediocre players that completely overachieved last season, are back to their actual levels. Sick of these type of Kante posts, they're getting tiresome at this stage.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
What's the point of wanting him to resign in the summer?

Why not get rid when you got a chance now?
Because he just won the league with Leicester City a few months ago

Just my opinion of course and it is how I would feel if I was a leicester fan

Boycott

Exactly. He would no doubt look equally as poor as the rest of them had he stayed. There's clearly huge problems within the club and the mediocre players that completely overachieved last season, are back to their actual levels. Sick of these type of Kante posts, they're getting tiresome at this stage.
Why don't you just ignore them instead of biting? You seem to have it in for Kante judging by your posts.

Dash247

All the newly born Leicester City Fans after last year's title win are gonna go hiding.

Robbie Boy

Why don't you just ignore them instead of biting? You seem to have it in for Kante judging by your posts.
I definitely 'don't have it in for him'. I just feel there's a lot of nonsense written about him around here and I admit that I don't rate him near as highly as some seem to.

MoskvaRed

They are a team of jouneymen for whom reaching and then staying in the premier league was the limit of their ambition. Suddenly they achieve success beyond their wildest dreams and win the league and are playing in the Champions League. It's no surprise this group of players can't get up for another relegation struggle. In boxing terms, they are Buster Douglas after knocking out Tyson. Their only hope now is to drop the big names and play the squad players who might still be hungry.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I've got money on them to get past Sevilla, genuinely think they have a chance.
Sevilla are the much better side of course and certainly know how to win in Europe, but I think Leicester can progress.
Sevilla win by 3+ in the home leg. Huge gulf is quality, I'd back Sevilla to have a decent chance of knocking any English side out over two legs, let alone Leicester.
I think Sevilla are better than any English side at the moment, but I thought Leicester would top their Cl group and I was right, and I have my reasons for thinking they'll knock Sevilla out. We'll just have to wait and see.
:D

Bojan11

I hate when people bump threads to show that they were right.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Crazy. They're run on belief mostly, so if they get a few things go for them who's to say they couldn't cause another upset?

I'd laugh my tits off if they knocked out Bayern somehow. I think Claude would have a hernia.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Crazy. They're run on belief mostly, so if they get a few things go for them who's to say they couldn't cause another upset?

I'd laugh my tits off if they knocked out Bayern somehow. I think Claude would have a hernia.
It'd be brilliant if they won the CL before Arsenal :lol:

Edit:

I hate when people bump threads to show that they were right.
It was a good shout to be fair, and a nice little money earner :D

Last edited:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Should have won by 3 at least in the first leg in fairness. Was also predicted when Ranieri was manager, pretty confident they'd have went out tonight with him in charge!
Fair points! I also agree that Sevilla are easily the better side, I just have very little going on in my life atm so had to bring it up :D

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Fair points! I also agree that Sevilla are easily the better side, I just have very little going on in my life atm so had to bring it up :D
You guys just signed the next Guðjohnsen so you can be happy about that.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Good shout that. I didn't see that coming at all. What were your reasons out of interest?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

The meltdown from Arsenal fans would be nuclear.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool

Pardon my ignorance, but who's Claude?

ti vu

Good shout that. I didn't see that coming at all. What were your reasons out of interest?
Said in the other thread that since Leicester players would want to prove a point & save their reputations in case they plot a move away in summer. CL is a perfect stage to do that than winning relegation battle (this is when Ranieri was still in charge). Not to forget that they thrive in the underdog mentality. Trying to replicate last season with the mindset of "we're the champion" didn't help them in the league. Only in CL where they can be themselves like last season, they have the focus to go in similar "zone" they were last season.

Devil81

No safe draw from this point onwards, I suspect it will end in the quarter finals.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
BVB/Monaco or City is the best they can hope for.
Knowing UEFA, RM get the easiest draws, so I'm expecting Leicester vs RM in QF

RooneyLegend

Apart from Bayern, Barca and Madrid i think they have a solid chance against anyone as those sides are attacking juggernauts.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus couldn't thump a team that played with 10 men for more than half their tie. Their attacking play is nothing to behold.
Yeah, in truth they'd probably win like 1-0/2-0 on aggregate, bore everyone who makes the mistake of watching the games to death, concede zero chances to leicester, score 1 from a penalty and another on one of the 3-4 other chances they manage to create

poleglass red

Good luck to them in the CL, they were excellent last night. That tournament really suits them as most teams thay face, are favoured to beat them and attack Leceister, which leaves them open to the counter. I thought Mahrez looked brilliant against Seville. Just shows, as evidenced by Chelsea also, the fickleness of the modern day footballer, who can seemingly switch form on and off like a light switch

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Good luck to them in the CL, they were excellent last night. That tournament really suits them as most teams thay face, are favoured to beat them and attack Leceister, which leaves them open to the counter. I thought Mahrez looked brilliant against Seville. Just shows, as evidenced by Chelsea also, the fickleness of the modern day footballer, who can seemingly switch form on and off like a light switch
A bit annoying indeed.

prtk0811

I have got a feeling that Ranieri took all the credit for Assistant manager Shakesphere's work behind the scenes last season. After Kante sale this season Ranieri changed something in the team which failed all season and it dint go down well with the leicester players and the assistant manager and realizing their champions league and epl dream is comming to an end Shakesphere along with the players arranged a coup to get things back to normal as were last season and it worked again for leicester.

Sylar

Was Ranieri dropping Okazaki a lot? It seemed like he wasnt playing him and went back to being Tinkerman instead of what worked for them.
Kept hearing how he would drop players hours before a game or change formations (eg like a diamond) even though they didnt practice it.

If all that is true, it makes sense why they would suffer this season. Dunno.

kundalini

Was Ranieri dropping Okazaki a lot? It seemed like he wasnt playing him and went back to being Tinkerman instead of what worked for them.
Kept hearing how he would drop players hours before a game or change formations (eg like a diamond) even though they didnt practice it.

If all that is true, it makes sense why they would suffer this season. Dunno.
Yes and no. Okazaki has 14 PL starts and 3 in the CL. In that time he has managed 3 goals and 0 assists. And no doubt worked very hard for the team.

In simple terms, there would appear to a huge amount of player power currently at Leicester. Team has been shocking for most of the season yet Fuchs, Morgan, Huth, Simpson, Schmeichel, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy all start when fit and not suspended; they did so under Ranieri and this continues under Shakespeare. The only players from the title winning line-up who are at all vulnerable to sitting on the bench are Okazaki and to a lesser extent, Albrighton; last season these two players would typically start games but often found themselves being substituted after 60-70 mins.

The vast majority of the changes in the line-up are either due to suspensions, using different options in Kante's position, most recently Ndidi, but prior to that Amartey, King and Mendy, or accommodating Slimani, Musa or Gray instead of Okazaki or occasionally, Albrighton.

Demarai Gray and Slimani have both had less playing time than their performances merit. Musa hasn't done well yet his stats are no worse than those of Albrighton, Okazaki or Mahrez.

Perhaps Ranieri should have simply not bothered with incoming transfers last summer except for a replacement for Kante, as the title winning line-up don't appreciate competition for their places in the team. The alternative view would be that he should have selected the team on merit and ignored what happened the previous season; in which case the likes of Morgan, Huth, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Vardy would have been benched well before Christmas.

Ranieri used a diamond formation for one game. It didn't work so he changed it either at half-time or early in the 2nd half.

Last edited: