Foxes Talk goes into meltdown

diarm

If they were a bit more humble then maybe this wouldnt hurt as much. kicking us when we were down for the better part of the last year and a half was not very wise
Supporting this club since 1993. Today I walked away from the telly and genuinely do not think I will watch Sheff U or any of the games for the rest of this season. **** the result. They had no response. Not a moment. I’m over 30 now and for the first time I looked at the side and thought **** this club. I’ll probably return in a few days but they’ve really made think twice if I want to watch these particular players again.
There are like 12 players still in that Leicester squad who won them the Premier fecking League!

What an ungrateful gobshite.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If they were a bit more humble then maybe this wouldnt hurt as much. kicking us when we were down for the better part of the last year and a half was not very wise
This is weird. What are they expecting? They’re a club punching well above their weight.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
For a club they hasn't really achieved much, their fans certainly have a very high opinion of their stature in world football. Heartbreaks like these teach you a little humility, as we've discovered over the last 7 years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For a club they hasn't really achieved much, their fans certainly have a very high opinion of their stature in world football. Heartbreaks like these teach you a little humility, as we've discovered over the last 7 years.
We see it all the time. Tottenham and Arsenal fans are especially bad at this. It doesn't matter how little they win, they still have this weird air of smugness.
Leicester have at least won the big one, but any rational fan knows they're clinging on in the upper echelons if and only if they have their best lineup out for 95% of games. Imagine if Vardy hadn't played so many games!

Eddy_JukeZ

Their fans are so smug for whatever reason.

Would love if their capitulation continues and we stuff them on the last day.

rotherham_red

I think the Leicester/East Midlands accent is what really adds to the smugness factor with them. I don't know why, but it really does grate on me

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Their fans are so smug for whatever reason.

Would love if their capitulation continues and we stuff them on the last day.
They don't seem to realise a strong set of recruitment ONCE got a pretty competitive team together, but it's not always that easy.

If we were relying on one creative player in Maddison, and a vet striker reliant on pace i'd be pretty worried.

RedDevilRoshi

Oh but Maddison has missed a few games...

Now they're realising how not having Pogba for about 7 months affected us!
Couldn’t agree more.

Is Maddison out for the remainder of the season or is there a possibility that he could be back?

It’s clear to see how much of a miss he is for them.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Football is crazy. The football world was applauding them when they did the insane and won the Premier League. They had so much goodwill and it was a fairytale.

For some reason, since then, their fans have become entitled and bitter completely ruined that image.

Not that they shouldn’t want more, they should, but I couldn’t believe some of the posts from their fans here previously.

If they can regroup and finish 5th, that’s a fantastic season for Leicester City. The only worrying thing is the order of the results and how bad they have been for a while now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Football is crazy. The football world was applauding them when they did the insane and won the Premier League. They had so much goodwill and it was a fairytale.

For some reason, since then, their fans have become entitled and bitter completely ruined that image.

Not that they shouldn’t want more, they should, but I couldn’t believe some of the posts from their fans here previously.

If they can regroup and finish 5th, that’s a fantastic season for Leicester City. The only worrying thing is the order of the results and how bad they have been for a while now.
Fans quickly adjust to new found wealth and success. Just look at Chelsea and City for goodness sake.

Or how quickly teams turn on the manager that got them a shock promotion, when they often struggle the next season.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
When a commentator utters the phrase "Dominic Solanke has finally arrived in the Premier League" then you know you've got issues - he's been around since 2014 according to wiki.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Fans quickly adjust to new found wealth and success. Just look at Chelsea and City for goodness sake.

Or how quickly teams turn on the manager that got them a shock promotion, when they often struggle the next season.
I suppose it’s always the way of it, but Leicester were hardly Chelsea and City. I didn’t think expectations would go crazy, but they obviously have. To see themselves as a CL team seems crazy to me, but I guess tasting success will always make you hungry for more, and now you feel it’s possible too. However unlikely the first one was.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It is weird though to sub off your player right away after half time in the situation when your team was fully dominated, and I didn't think Bournemouth have a chance after a very one side first half and Ake got injured. When your line up is Vardy, Iheanacho & Perez, 3 goal scorers, you imagine that the manager wants to kill the game off as early as possible. 1-0 is not game over so there is no reason to sub him off.

Weird subs but doesn't change the fact the players 100% bottled in today. Dominated the game in first half, opposition team just lost their best defender & 1-0 ahead. 1-0 is enough but they bottled it and it happened in less than a minute.

End of the day quality & mentality matter. Their team is basically on par with Wolves, fighting for Europa League should have been the expectation. Their players are punching above their weight. Until the manager can have better quality squad, they have no right to ask for sacking the manager. Shocking fans. A true meltdown.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Didn't get chance to watch their match today so I've just seen the highlights. What a massive implosion from them today. Schmeichel error, Soyoncu red card, Solanke scoring two goals. They're done. Spurs & United will beat them, they can forget about finishing 4th I can't even see them finishing 5th either.

Classical Mechanic

Didn't get chance to watch their match today so I've just seen the highlights. What a massive implosion from them today. Schmeichel error, Soyoncu red card, Solanke scoring two goals. They're done. Spurs & United will beat them, they can forget about finishing 4th I can't even see them finishing 5th either.
They've got Sheffield United, Spurs and Manchester United in their last three fixtures! It would be pretty amazing if they can qualify for the Champions League from this position.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Oh but Maddison has missed a few games...

Now they're realising how not having Pogba for about 7 months affected us!
Have United fans now realised how good Pogba is? Half of your fanbase wanted to get rid of him a year ago.

diarm

I feel like I've learned the opposite.

The absolute joy some of my (Villa, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool) supporting mates have taken in our difficulties over the last 7 or 8 years has left me feeling that I was way too sound and magnanimous during the Fergie years.

When we get back on top, I am going to be unbearable. Rubbing their noses in it at every single opportunity I can.

Drainy

They have always been like this. Even before they won the league, for some reason they saw themselves as a special club. Even when they were in the Championship not too long ago.

Andy_Cole

I feel like I've learned the opposite.

The absolute joy some of my (Villa, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool) supporting mates have taken in our difficulties over the last 7 or 8 years has left me feeling that I was way too sound and magnanimous during the Fergie years.

When we get back on top, I am going to be unbearable. Rubbing their noses in it at every single opportunity I can.
Oh mate 100% I’ll be the same. I can’t wait.

rotherham_red

There's an East Midlands accent?
Yeah, you probably won't recognise it if you're not from the UK, or even if you live further down south, but there definitely is one. Probably my least favourite accent, even ahead of Scouse!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Yeah, you probably won't recognise it if you're not from the UK, or even if you live further down south, but there definitely is one. Probably my least favourite accent, even ahead of Scouse!
No, I mean I'm asking because I'm from the East Midlands :lol:

I assume you're referring to the one below which is like a weird hybridised Northern accent, where the A's are pronounced softer.

Leicester is the line this becomes a thing and it's usually the more working class around here who speak this way. It's literally a city of two accents at times. I'm from (Northampton, so still the East Midlands) and IMO we sound far more Southern. It's a lot different to Derby/Notts/parts of Leicester.

Either way, I do agree if you mean this one. It's shit. Not properly Northern at all.

Have you never been to Nottingham duckeh?!
Got me a good cob there once.

rotherham_red

No, I mean I'm asking because I'm from the East Midlands :lol:

I assume you're referring to the one below which is like a weird hybridised Northern accent, where the A's are pronounced softer.

Leicester is the line this becomes a thing and it's usually the more working class around here who speak this way. It's literally a city of two accents at times. I'm from (Northampton, so still the East Midlands) and IMO we sound far more Southern. It's a lot different to Derby/Notts/parts of Leicester.

Got me a good cob there once.
Ohhh :lol:

I don't know how to describe it man, until I had a housemate from Nottingham I genuinely didn't think people over that neck of the woods had it, but during my many travels over that part of the country, I'd say Leicester, Derby, Nottingham all have it, but it's particularly worse in Derby and Leicester, Nottingham's isn't as bad IMO

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

I don't know how to describe it man, until I had a housemate from Nottingham I genuinely didn't think people over that neck of the woods had it, but during my many travels over that part of the country, I'd say Leicester, Derby, Nottingham all have it, but it's particularly worse in Derby and Leicester, Nottingham's isn't as bad IMO
Haha same. I went to university in Notts and never realised people spoke this way until I got here.

fps

It'll be a real shame if Leicester don't make CL (not at Man Utd's expensive!). They are a great team to watch and it seems the injury to Maddison couldn't have come at a worse time, Chilwell being missed a lot as well. With Vardy getting a little older and to my mind being an astonishing and irreplaceable player for them, they may struggle to get to the CL again, and their early season promise was so exciting, worth so much more than Chelsea's mixed bag as a mega-rich club just waiting to spend another £100m and shore themselves up.

hubbuh

I'm from Nottingham. Love the accent personally.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It'll be a real shame if Leicester don't make CL (not at Man Utd's expensive!). They are a great team to watch and it seems the injury to Maddison couldn't have come at a worse time, Chilwell being missed a lot as well. With Vardy getting a little older and to my mind being an astonishing and irreplaceable player for them, they may struggle to get to the CL again, and their early season promise was so exciting, worth so much more than Chelsea's mixed bag as a mega-rich club just waiting to spend another £100m and shore themselves up.
They played well when they had a fully fit first 11 and were only playing once a week. As soon as they had to start playing a similar routine to their competitors they have completely crumbled.

Agree that with an ageing Vardy top 4 becomes more and more distant for them. No way can they bring in another striker of his quality who would stick with them for so long. They should be all over Ings in the summer. Also, in terms of missing personnel, losing Pereira has had the biggest impact on their season. Maddison's form had already dipped massively and Chilwell is ridiculously overrated in my opinion.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
No it wouldn’t. feck them.