Foxes Talk goes into meltdown

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Their fans must feel terrible today. It’s such a collapse that I think it could spell the end for Brendan. 14 points and 20 goals is massive. I do feel for them.

Psychologically, players might have lost faith in him. It would be very hard to bounce back after that.

United58

Low mileage, though. He's only played football at a high level for eight seasons.
The lower league have a lot more kickshit manhunt going on though :lol: I get what you mean though, probably did/does help. Even today he looked sharp and dangerous off the ball

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
You gotta feel for them. I would cry like a baby if we threw away the lead they had on us.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
You gotta feel for them. I would cry like a baby if we threw away the lead they had on us.
Not really. Go over to Foxestalk and you'll see how entitled they have been this season. Even today, they can't get over 'VARchester' United and them having first team players injured. They're convinced it wasn't a penalty and that United got all 50-50 decisions.

Not a word about how we had Pogba, Rashford and Martial out for most of the season and how they have had 7 days rest leading up to this game and how we were hacked out of the FA Cup by Lampard's boys without getting a whistle blown in our favour.

Hope they get into a relegation fight next season like Watford. Would bring them a couple of them back to Earth. With Chilwell and Madisson probably gone and Vardy not getting younger, I see that being a genuine possibility.

Revan

Assumptionman
Not really. Go over to Foxestalk and you'll see how entitled they have been this season. Even today, they can't get over 'VARchester' United and them having first team players injured. They're convinced it wasn't a penalty and that United got all 50-50 decisions.

Not a word about how we had Pogba, Rashford and Martial out for most of the season and how they have had 7 days rest leading up to this game and how we were hacked out of the FA Cup by Lampard's boys without getting a whistle blown in our favour.

Hope they get into a relegation fight next season like Watford. Would bring them a couple of them back to Earth. With Chilwell and Madisson probably gone and Vardy not getting younger, I see that being a genuine possibility.
We did not. Martial missed 6 games, while Rashford 7. Both of them played more minutes than anyone except De Gea, Magure (both of them played every minute in the league), Lindelof and AWB.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City

Yeah, obviously a few people are bitter or delusional (see: every football forum, ever), but I think most accept that it was definitely a pen. You can go to any fan forum and cherry pick people with stupid opinions.

We definitely got the short stick with injuries - even if you try and argue that United have had the same level of injuries, you've got to remember that 'smaller' clubs can't afford to have as much quality sitting on the bench. Players like Fred, Mata, Bailly, James, Ighalo, Mctominay are far greater than what we have to play if we get injuries. You might complain about Bailly, for example, but it's not the same as having to play a 36 year old Wes Morgan, or Ryan Bennett.

That being said, it wasn't injuries that ultimately did for us. Ok, it didn't help after lock-down we lost a huge chunk of our first team, but our bad form started well before that.

I posted in another part of the forum, that I'm not too upset though; I'd used up all my anger by Watford and Bournemouth. Once that had happened, it was a near certainty that we'd thrown it away. The only thing that surprises me is that we somehow managed to keep a Europa place.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
It was in their hands but they blew it in all honesty. That day we turned up on Boxing Day and smashed them 0-4 when we were tipped to struggle because of coming back from the CWC and they had their strongest team out was when the hype bubble began to burst. They weren't mentally the same at home and away after that, drawing to Norwich, Brighton, losing to Southampton at home. Then defeats to likes of Norwich, Bournemouth, Burnley, late draw to Watford all in this second half of the year, and that's not including the big defeats. They've been in the top 4 from Game 6, so that's from September to drop to 5th (post Lockdown) in late July. It's a monumental collapse not matter how you look at it.

I can't believe at one point back in December I remember wanting City to beat them because I thought they were at the time the only team capable of beating them and it would keep them of our tails. Hilarious now when I think about it.

Last edited:

Ace of Spades

Their earlier form was an anomaly, Vardy was on a crazy run where he was finishing any chace he got. It was never going to be sustainable, but the fall has been crazy. Once Vardy goes though, replacing him will be difficult.

Crimson King

It was in their hands but they blew it in all honesty. That day we turned up on Boxing Day and smashed them 0-4 when we were tipped to struggle because of coming back from the CWC and they had their strongest team out was when the hype bubble began to burst. They weren't mentally the same at home and away after that, drawing to Norwich, Brighton, losing to Southampton at home. Then defeats to likes of Norwich, Bournemouth, Burnley, late draw to Watford all in this second half of the year, and that's not including the big defeats.

I can't believe at one point back in December I remember wanting City to beat them because I thought they were at the time the only team capable of beating them and it would keep them of our tails. Hilarious now when I think about it.
Just goes to show how your fortunes can change so quickly in football.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
It was in their hands but they blew it in all honesty. That day we turned up on Boxing Day and smashed them 0-4 when we were tipped to struggle because of coming back from the CWC and they had their strongest team out was when the hype bubble began to burst. They weren't mentally the same at home and away after that, drawing to Norwich, Brighton, losing to Southampton at home. Then defeats to likes of Norwich, Bournemouth, Burnley, late draw to Watford all in this second half of the year, and that's not including the big defeats.

They've been in the top 4 from Game 6, so that's from September to drop to 5th (post Lockdown) in late July. It's a monumental collapse not matter how you look at it.
It was the back-to-back heavy defeats against Liverpool and Man City that killed us. And I don't think it was the score-line, but more how apparent it was that we were so clearly out-classed.

It absolutely destroyed our season. Never looked the same since.

Crashoutcassius

Their earlier form was an anomaly, Vardy was on a crazy run where he was finishing any chace he got. It was never going to be sustainable, but the fall has been crazy. Once Vardy goes though, replacing him will be difficult.
exactly. a feather in the cap of expected goals.... they ran 10 or 12 goals over in the first half the season, credit to vardy, but it balanced out

Pughnichi

Not at all bothered by where they finish.

its really hurt them though without both Full backs and Maddison.

cyberman

We did not. Martial missed 6 games, while Rashford 7. Both of them played more minutes than anyone except De Gea, Magure (both of them played every minute in the league), Lindelof and AWB.
Most of them were concurrent though

Crimson King

Yeah, obviously a few people are bitter or delusional (see: every football forum, ever), but I think most accept that it was definitely a pen. You can go to any fan forum and cherry pick people with stupid opinions.

We definitely got the short stick with injuries - even if you try and argue that United have had the same level of injuries, you've got to remember that 'smaller' clubs can't afford to have as much quality sitting on the bench. Players like Fred, Mata, Bailly, James, Ighalo, Mctominay are far greater than what we have to play if we get injuries. You might complain about Bailly, for example, but it's not the same as having to play a 36 year old Wes Morgan, or Ryan Bennett.

That being said, it wasn't injuries that ultimately did for us. Ok, it didn't help after lock-down we lost a huge chunk of our first team, but our bad form started well before that.

I posted in another part of the forum, that I'm not too upset though; I'd used up all my anger by Watford and Bournemouth. Once that had happened, it was a near certainty that we'd thrown it away. The only thing that surprises me is that we somehow managed to keep a Europa place.
With the greatest of respect I think they just massively punched over their weight for the first part of the season. It's a good sign really, it shows the team is moving in the right direction and Rodgers knows how to get a tune out of them, as disappointing as the end to the season was for you.

You're right to point out the squad depth, whilst Utd's isn't brilliant in terms of quality there is still some there, the question marks are over whether it's good enough to mount an actual challenge, which is where we want to be.

Oddly we mirrored each other; Utd were disappointing most of the season and finished strongly, deserving to finish top 4. Leicester aren't too far off but Europa is probably their level right now.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
It was in their hands but they blew it in all honesty. That day we turned up on Boxing Day and smashed them 0-4 when we were tipped to struggle because of coming back from the CWC and they had their strongest team out was when the hype bubble began to burst. They weren't mentally the same at home and away after that, drawing to Norwich, Brighton, losing to Southampton at home. Then defeats to likes of Norwich, Bournemouth, Burnley, late draw to Watford all in this second half of the year, and that's not including the big defeats. They've been in the top 4 from Game 6, so that's from September to drop to 5th (post Lockdown) in late July. It's a monumental collapse not matter how you look at it.

How have you managed to use a post about Leicester to big up Liverpool?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
How have you managed to use a post about Leicester to big up Liverpool?
It's not me "bigging up" Liverpool. The truth is after their hot streak they changed after the back to back defeats to City and then us. I watched them and City more than any other team before Xmas because they were that close to challenging us. They weren't expected to win at City but I'm pointing out a turning point in their season where an emphatic away performance at their ground was the beginning of their collapse, it was shock to them that defeat and they knew realistically they couldn't mount a challenge with us and City but continued to carry on their poor form that they worried about top 4 instead. Did I fail to mention the other teams for their collapse or just Liverpool? pretty sure I said others aswell.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Even Brendan had a go at the penalty - hinting that Leicester would not get a penalty like that. No - if Maguire and Lindelof both sandwiched Vardy with one tackle in each leg - you probably would not get a penalty...especially with VAR :)

nyanza

They had a thread betting on a minute for the pen. One of them even got it right. :lol:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It was the back-to-back heavy defeats against Liverpool and Man City that killed us. And I don't think it was the score-line, but more how apparent it was that we were so clearly out-classed.

It absolutely destroyed our season. Never looked the same since.
There was a point in the season I really thought Leicester was a bigger threat to us than City. I really wanted Rodgers to get into that top four spot but it’s really going to be a rough road keeping his job after being so comfortably in the top 3 and just letting it slip.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They are in meltdown because they were on high & chat shite on the clubs below them when they were 3rd & 2nd especially the madness they gave about being better team when Maguire left. They might finished higher than last season but their stats under Rodger with Maguire was still in their team is much better than this whole season without Maguire.

End of the day quality matters. I have said this before since the restart, United & Chelsea will make the top 4 because both teams have better quality players. Beside, Leicester should just take it in positive way, if they enter CL, next season they would have been smashed either in the league or in CL or may be both competitions. Stuck in Europa League probably better for them, try to win it, you get trophy & CL spot, 2 in 1. :lol:

There was a point in the season I really thought Leicester was a bigger threat to us than City. I really wanted Rodgers to get into that top four spot but it’s really going to be a rough road keeping his job after being so comfortably in the top 3 and just letting it slip.
Rodgers is not getting sacked by Leicester. Zero chance. Stupid post.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s not a stupid post at all. The psychology of this collapse and how bad their form has been for the whole of 2020, will put him under immense pressure.

If the squad have lost faith in him and can’t get over this and continue to have the same results at the start of the next season, he won’t make Christmas.

He also has the Europa League to contend with now. He has a very poor European record and a squad that could struggle to play Thurs-Sun.

Their collapse was crazy and it was relegation form that allowed it to happen. 5th is a very good season, but the way it has happened is a massive downer and a tailspin that might be hard to lift out of.

Without even muddying it up with talk of psychology and disappointment. 4 wins in their last 17 games. If he gets that many wins in their next 17 games, he is gone.

Last edited:
It’s not a stupid post at all. The psychology of this collapse and how bad their form has been for the whole of 2020, will put him under immense pressure.

If the squad have lost faith in him and can’t get over this and continue to have the same results at the start of the next season, he won’t make Christmas.

He also has the Europa League to contend with now. He has a very poor European record and a squad that could struggle to play Thurs-Sun.

Their collapse was crazy and it was relegation form that allowed it to happen. 5th is a very good season, but the way it has happened is a massive downer and a tailspin that might be hard to lift out of.
You anticipate him getting sacked before the start of next season? Not going to happen. It’s their 2nd best PL season.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It’s really not a stupid post when you consider that he has done this before. It’s easy to look up if you’re new to this. Maybe they willsack him or they won’t but maybe they really should be thinking about it considering his history. I like Rogers and always wishing all the best but as we can plainly see he has a habit of blowing these leads.