France - Euro 2021 Discussion

Siezard

France simply did not have enough depth. They are still depending on Griezman who did not done well domestically since moving to Barca.

And his replacement Sissoko scored 2 goals in 69 caps. Guess he's afraid to sub out his attackers because he has no more attacks in subs other than Giroud. He should have bought Martial or Lacazette along, premier league bias haha instead of injury prone Dembele. Then Sissoko can be played early (sub Griezmann) in the second half, after Pogba's goal.

And in case anything happen (draw), DD can then bring out another attacker like Martial to get a goal.
Oh wait they do have Ben Yedder in attack too. Guess DD is just slow to making changes and he should have subbed Pogba out after his goal. He hardly ever played 90 min for man utd, let alone for 120 min.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Adrien Rabiot’s mother clashed with the Pogba & Mbappé families last night
RMC Sport have provided new details around the clashes between player families last night following France’s surprise exit at the hands of Switzerland in EURO 2020.

The verbal battle appeared to occur principally between Veronique Rabiot, the player’s mother and certain individuals close to him, and the Pogba family. The two families exchanged words after the third goal for Switzerland in the stands – Veronique asked how Pogba could lose the ball like that in the lead up to the Swiss equaliser.

At the full-time whistle, Veronique Rabiot asked Kylian Mbappé’s father to tell his son off so that he would be less arrogant. She also took aim at certain journalists for the way they were sucking up to Mbappé.

An aggressive exchange of words then occurred between Veronique and Mbappé’s mother, as well as the PSG attacker’s father.

For about 20 minutes, Adrien Rabiot’s mother clashed with several families of players present in Bucharest on Monday evening. Other families witnessed the scene. They were shocked by Véronique Rabiot’s attitude and the timing of her outburst, right after the match. The situation appears to have originated from earlier in the match when security officers had to ask those close to Paul Pogba to calm down, after they reacted aggressively and negatively to Adrien Rabiot’s mistakes, in particular, during the match.
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.c...ed-with-the-pogba-mbappe-families-last-night/

Irwin99

Attitude didn't seem right even in the Portugal game. Players getting annoyed with each other, whinging at the ref constantly, and I got the sense Pogba was really annoyed at getting that pass in the last minute. Too many egos.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
As already mentioned, a lack of hunger.
Deserved exit

mav_9me

Who is first choice for central defence for France?

I was under the impression it's Varane and another and my friend is adamant it's Kounde and another.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Who is first choice for central defence for France?

I was under the impression it's Varane and another and my friend is adamant it's Kounde and another.
Varane is the deputy captain. It's Varane and someone else.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thanks for replying.

So the options for someone else is Kounde, Kimpembe, Lenglet in that order?
No, it's Kimpembe then seemingly Lenglet and finally Koundé. Koundé has joined the team this month, he has played his first game against Wales, 45 minutes, and then started against Portugal as a RB due to Pavard's head injury, he has never played CB for France.

ti vu

She's a pain in the arse. Which is why I would never want her son playing for us.
Sounds like it's started by Pogba's family. Knowing too well how nonsense Rabiot's mother can get, they would have behaved better on the first place. If it indeed did get to the players on the pitch during the game, all these family members should feel ashamed.

RoyH1

If this story is true, I'd be so embarrassed if I was Rabiot. His mom has no business shooting her mouth off to other families.

Since I don't think the lady will ever change her ways, the simple solution for Deschamps or the next French manager is to not pick Rabiot for France. Pogba and Mbappé are indispensable, Rabiot is not.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Benzema had a very good tournament, for me. Such a well rounded forward and performer.

Though, much as he's been praised in recent times it still feels like he gets overlooked.:lol:

I also liked the look of Rabiot, up until the last game. Though I believe he was playing a different role ?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They are. You never seem to hear this with other squads.
The ego's within those 3 families :lol:
Would've been great entertainment if it was caught on camera. Could've had it playing out at the bottom of the screen during the game.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Interesting info on Rabiot's mother and background.

From the TheAthletic, Daniel Taylor and more.

But it is also worth knowing the background here and one of the reasons, perhaps, why she is so protective of her son and takes such a prominent role in his career, representing him in all his contract negotiations and regularly speaking on his behalf in the media. She, indeed, negotiated his first professional contract when he was a teenager, sitting face-to-face with PSG sporting director Leonardo.

In 2007, when Rabiot was a 12-year-old in the youth system at US Creteil, his father, Michel, suffered a stroke that left him with locked-in syndrome, a condition that meant he was completely paralysed. Michel, a PSG supporter who used to run his son to youth-team matches, was left in a wheelchair and could communicate only by moving his eyelids. He died in January 2019.

“What you have to understand here is her background,” says one person with close knowledge of the family. “She singlehandedly raised three boys with a handicapped husband, and I mean seriously handicapped. Her husband was in hospital most of Adrien’s life. He was very poorly. He had his brain but could not talk. He was in a cocoon. This woman suffered a lot.

“She stands her ground. She goes overboard but she raised her boys and took her son everywhere for football, no matter if it was minus five degrees and snow. And she is an honest woman. She gives money to church. She was (from a) very poor upbringing. She is really hard-nosed. She is not a prima donna. She gives back to people who helped her before. Is she too loud? Yes. But she has a lot of baggage. The context is everything. She is not a bad person. And she will always defend her son to death.”