France - Euro 2021 Discussion

SATA

I think probably Italy and Portugal can beat them. The rest of the teams in the tournament won’t beat them

tjb

I think probably Italy and Portugal can beat them. The rest of the teams in the tournament won’t beat them
Portugal can't beat them. Don't know where that notion came from. Italy are a threat, their squad in combination with Mancini is nothing to sneeze at

SATA

Portugal can't beat them. Don't know where that notion came from. Italy are a threat, their squad in combination with Mancini is nothing to sneeze at
Portugal beat them in 2016 in Paris in the final. I think they can do it again. France will easily beat the likes of Holland and Germany but the style of the Portugese and Italians i believe they will struggle with against

GueRed

oh la la Griezmann with the acrobatics

via a deflection

1-0 France

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Portugal beat them in 2016 in Paris in the final. I think they can do it again. France will easily beat the likes of Holland and Germany but the style of the Portugese and Italians i believe they will struggle with against
While I think that Portugal is one of the best teams in the Euro, the best game from France since the world cup has been against Portugal.

laughtersassassin

Pogba is insane for France.

And no it's not just because he plays with Kante or has him doing the hard work.

He simply runs the games for them.

GueRed

benzema struggling with the knock on the knee.

comes off.

The French will be hoping its just precautionary

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

And no it's not just because he plays with Kante or has him doing the hard work.

When their midfield clicks, it’s something else. When he alone runs the show then they’re still pretty special

Walters_19_MuFc

Reason people say this is because he doesn't play week in week put for France, where every one of his performances can be scrutinised.

Abhinav

Yes he is good but the opposition needs to be factored in. Plus the rest of the attackers are just insane. The one touch play between Griezmann, Benzema, Kante & Pogba is amazing. Mbappe is a livewire on the wing. This team is just blessed with riches.
I would like Greenwood to watch Griezmann and see the positions he is occupying. He is popping everwhere. Ole and team has him playing very rigid for my liking.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes he is good but the opposition needs to be factored in. Plus the rest of the attackers are just insane. The one touch play between Griezmann, Benzema, Kante & Pogba is amazing. Mbappe is a livewire on the wing. This team is just blessed with riches.
I would like Greenwood to watch Griezmann and see the positions he is occupying. He is popping everwhere. Ole and team has him playing very rigid for my liking.
France are very confident in their ability.

Walters_19_MuFc

No this system is new. It was the 4231.
Yeah, he's hit and miss when he plays deep but when he's further up, as he shown for us on the left, he can be really effective.

Two workers in there and it can really allow him to get forward and affect the game.

laughtersassassin

My comment isnt on this one game. Even back to the world cup. He was magnificent.

Stylistically they set up near perfect to get the best out of their personal.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah, he's hit and miss when he plays deep but when he's further up, as he shown for us on the left, he can be really effective.

Two workers in there and it can really allow him to get forward and affect the game.
What am I telling you? It was the same system. I was thinking about an other post, sorry. :nervous:

Edit: Pogba was sluggish but he did some extra fitness work this week which made me wonder if he had a fitness/health problem.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Pretty nifty player there, that Pogba.

GueRed

had half an eye on varane..

he hasnt been called to action much though since France have totally dominated that half.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Pogba is just a different level today.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Dembele coming on, I expect him to be the X-factor for France at the Euros.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Reason people say this is because he doesn't play week in week put for France, where every one of his performances can be scrutinised.
I understand what you’re saying but I actually disagree, he always looks much more confident playing for France for some reason. Maybe it’s the level of the players around him.

JPRouve

Scout
Tonight the finishing was poor but France played well, Tolisso, Pogba and Kanté have been excellent. Dembélé and Lemar brought something different which is encouraging.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I understand what you’re saying but I actually disagree, he always looks much more confident playing for France for some reason. Maybe it’s the level of the players around him.
It's hard to say, most people will say after his time at United that he's a luxury player, which would explain his difference in level between United and France, and at this point is hard to argue as unfair. I think he's had a lot of bad luck and issues between COVID and injuries because not everybody recovers the same way. He did show at times an ability to pull the team up to his level, mostly during Mourinho's last season in charge, especially towards the end of his tenure.

tjb

It's hard to say, most people will say after his time at United that he's a luxury player, which would explain his difference in level between United and France, and at this point is hard to argue as unfair. I think he's had a lot of bad luck and issues between COVID and injuries because not everybody recovers the same way. He did show at times an ability to pull the team up to his level, mostly during Mourinho's last season in charge, especially towards the end of his tenure.
I think it's also the type of league. I don't think he's a perfect fit in England. However, when the game slows down, like in Italy or Spain, I think his star would shine really brightly there. France too if he's up for PSG

Walters_19_MuFc

He's put in numerous performances for us like the one he put in for France tonight. The problem with Pogba, and many more of our players, is that they lack consistency.

I'd also like to add that the confidence thing seems to be a bit of a myth. Based on what some have said, he was quite poor the other day against Wales but we'll all ignore that and pretend he's world-class every time he steps on the pitch for France.