France Football's Ballon D'Or Dream Team Nominees

Widow

If George Best doesn't make the list, all credibility will be lost.

Glenn Hoddle - I saw Best arrive late to play us, he was wobbling down to the dressing room drunk. I told the lads we'll be fine, Best is hammered...

Best went on to score an hattrick!

fergie_god

Glaring omissions for me Scholes, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Dani Alves. Interesting that nobody's bringing up Cole. Despite being a twat he was the best LB in the world for a good 10 years.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Glaring omissions for me Scholes, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Dani Alves. Interesting that nobody's bringing up Cole. Despite being a twat he was the best LB in the world for a good 10 years.
Roberto Carlos has a lot more international appeal than Ashley Cole. The fact that England underperformed in those years internationally plays a massive role in those lists.

fergie_god

Roberto Carlos has a lot more international appeal than Ashley Cole. The fact that England underperformed in those years internationally plays a massive role in those lists.
Oh was it set up so that there's only one player per generation? That would make a bit more sense then.

Andersonson

You think you can but I doubt it. Just based on this thread alone, with many United fans, you are probably the only poser suggesting Scholes to be in the list. And Scholes isn’t that highly rated amongst fans of other clubs.

Scholes is a great midfielder, just like Vieria, but they do not belong to the best 20 midfielders in history, you may think he is, but you belong to a very small group who think so
I'm not suggestion Scholes should be in that list really. I think Gerrard is misplaced and if he should be there so should Scholes and Vieira. As they were both a better CM than Gerrard.
Gerrard being great as CM is a myth. He was best as a right winger or as a no.10. He has no place on that list as a DM as he never was one to begin with.

To make another point, I think nobody is disagreeing that Claude Makelele was a better "DM" than Gerrard, but he aint even on the list. So my point being, they fecked this one up.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
I'm not suggestion Scholes should be in that list really. I think Gerrard is misplaced and if he should be there so should Scholes and Vieira. As they were both a better CM than Gerrard.
Gerrard being great as CM is a myth. He was best as a right winger or as a no.10. He has no place on that list as a DM as he never was one to begin with.

To make another point, I think nobody is disagreeing that Claude Makelele was a better "DM" than Gerrard, but he aint even on the list. So my point being, they fecked this one up.
if this is the case, i agree with you.Gerrard doesn’t belong to the list too

RooneyLegend

That list is a mess. So many different types of players being lumped in together especially in the offensive midfield list. So much so they threw Zico in with Socrates who was a completely different player.

You need to separate the two types of play makers if you don't you'll just end up confused. Zico should be on some list with Maradona, Platini, Baggio, Cruyff and Socrates should be on some list with Rui Costa, Zidane, Rivera, Charlton and the likes.

Sure some players can play multiple roles I.E Totti but I'd assume this list only takes into consideration them I'm their best possible role.

GameOn

I presume the striker list will be awesome with Messi, Ronaldo, Best, Ronaldo (Brazil), Batistuta, Van Basten, Cruyff etc.
It's amazing how the greatest pure striker of all time (Gerd Müller) always seems to get overlooked...

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
What the heck is Guardiola doing among the nominations? He's not even slightly close to beloning there.

Talk about legacy changing after the playing carreer ends. Same with Zidane, though being one of the best of his generation, he was after retirement suddenly elevated into being one of the GOATS. I never understand why legacy can change so much after your playing days.

On the other hand you have Lothar Matthaus, to this day still the best CM I have ever seen but he is completely forgotten by today's youth. Legacy competely dimished.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Sammy not happy about his inclusion as a right-winger. Can join Keegan and Rummenigge (both left wingers :confused: ) wondering what's going on.

To be fair he's right enough, although he wouldn't make the shortlist through the centre.

Inter Yer Nan

What the heck is Guardiola doing among the nominations? He's not even slightly close to beloning there.

Talk about legacy changing after the playing carreer ends. Same with Zidane, though being one of the best of his generation, he was after retirement suddenly elevated into being one of the GOATS. I never understand why legacy can change so much after your playing days.

On the other hand you have Lothar Matthaus, to this day still the best CM I have ever seen but he is completely forgotten by today's youth. Legacy competely dimished.
Yeah, Pep was a good player, but FAR from a great one. His nomination suggests he's better than Scholes or Keane, which is laughable.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game

Zidane is a GOAT hands down.