France's Presidential elections April 2022

coolredwine

lameredboots
Surely someone must have broken the law to release those results initially?
Yeah, few tweets of those results doing the rounds from French commentators. A huge swing for MLP if those results hold, although voting continues until 7/8pm CET so anything still in those 3 islands.

Pintu

Don’t know how accurate but it’s doing the rounds anyway

Not surprising. In the first round Mélenchon won these territories (over 50%) and Le Pen came second ahead of Macron… It’s an expected protest vote against Macron.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Unless they voted yesterday the poll stations have only been open for two hours
Look at where the results were from. Remember France isn’t just on one continent; many of its overseas territories are integrated into the country proper.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fingers crossed that’s going to be Le Pen out of the picture for a while now her Russian financiers are out of the picture.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Look at where the results were from. Remember France isn’t just on one continent; many of its overseas territories are integrated into the country proper.
Yes I know, I wasn't aware the western votes (Americas) were held yesterday. I was expecting results from the East like Réunion and Mayotte to be leaked first as they are in front of us timewise.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why did Le Pen get so many votes though? What attracted voters to her?

Blood Mage

Le Pen never had a chance, it was just the media trying to give her one to manufacture drama.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The vote splits in the first round, Mélenchon didn't do a deal with the commies costing him a place in the run off... That would have been more interesting.

Both candidates are dreadful, similar to the US election. Macron is least bad, just about I guess.

RedDevilQuebecois

Fingers crossed that’s going to be Le Pen out of the picture for a while now her Russian financiers are out of the picture.
I hope that French prosecutors can succeed in indicting Le Pen wherever their American counterparts are currently either failing or dithering regarding Orange Hitler.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Anti-Macron voters. Gullible people , flag-wavers plus the racists and xenophobes of course; Even if you hated Macron, voting for Le Pen would not make anyone's life better but some people believe it.
Is there any information on the turnout. And if so, was it typical.

LARulz

Like most things now - anti mainstream and protest voting from people who knew she wouldn't win but wanted to show anger

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Looks quite low, lower than last time. Also where I live the weather was absolutely atrocious today, gale force winds and torrential rain all day - don't know about elsewhere.
It was raining this morning and it never rains around here.

CraftySoAndSo

The vote splits in the first round, Mélenchon didn't do a deal with the commies costing him a place in the run off... That would have been more interesting.

Both candidates are dreadful, similar to the US election. Macron is least bad, just about I guess.
This seems to be a running theme for a lot of countries these days. Is there actually a country that has a leader that is good and most people are happy with?

Simbo

I take it Le Pen has the same dodgy media campaigns working overtime in her favour as others of her kind around the world?

Irwin99

This seems to be a running theme for a lot of countries these days. Is there actually a country that has a leader that is good and most people are happy with?
Yep-i can understand why people say politics is broken when the choice a lot of the time seems to be 'who is the least horrible person', or, "i'm not really inspired by this person at all but i'll vote for them because I hate such and such". No one's really offering a lot of hope/positivity I've noticed.