Franck Kessie, anyone?

Abraxas

One of those signings that comes up that is so logical you just know it won't happen. A physical powerhouse, can really play, is an influence on the team, has a good tactical grounding in Italian football. Would be a really good acquisition.

Dazzmondo

Kessie's a good player but I have my doubts about his ability to play next to Pogba. Very much a box to box player and seems to be advancing further up the pitch as he has grown older. Kamara (also out of contract in the summer), Tchouaméni, Brozovic (out of contract in summer), Fabian Ruiz, Caqueret, Ndidi and Rice would all be bigger priorities for me.

Haven't seen as much of him but Gabriel Menino from Palmeiras also seems to be very highly regarded and has looked very good in the few games I have seen. Obviously Brazilian league is a lower standard than the leagues the rest of these play in, but might not be a terrible shout even if just for added squad depth.

Red_toad

Kessie's a good player but I have my doubts about his ability to play next to Pogba. Very much a box to box player and seems to be advancing further up the pitch as he has grown older. Kamara (also out of contract in the summer), Tchouaméni, Brozovic (out of contract in summer), Fabian Ruiz, Caqueret, Ndidi and Rice would all be bigger priorities for me.

Haven't seen as much of him but Gabriel Menino from Palmeiras also seems to be very highly regarded and has looked very good in the few games I have seen. Obviously Brazilian league is a lower standard than the leagues the rest of these play in, but might not be a terrible shout even if just for added squad depth.
I have doubts Paul will be here next season....

Matriac

Are there even any links to us or are we just getting excited over nothing?
Calcio Mercato put out a rumor on Tuesday that we're considering him as a replacement for Pogba.

Why Italian news source would know what an English club is thinking I don't know. Likely just speculation (due to the player speaking favorably about us in the past), or at best something the agent has said to drum up interest, we've probably reached out to the agent to ask to be kept apprised of his situation, as we do with many players.

Scholsey2004

Calcio Mercato put out a rumor on Tuesday that we're considering him as a replacement for Pogba.

Why Italian news source would know what an English club is thinking I don't know. Likely just speculation (due to the player speaking favorably about us in the past), or at best something the agent has said to drum up interest, we've probably reached out to the agent to ask to be kept apprised of his situation, as we do with many players.
Club insiders, agents and even the clubs themselves talk to in-the-knows, in-the knows trade information with each other and the media across Europe and the world. The likeliest scenario here is us or another English side have been in contact and someone at the Milan end has passed it on to the Italian media.

Scholsey2004

If theres a chain forming here then Pogba to Juve, Kessie to United, van de Beek to Milan?

lsd

The Oracle
Has Newcastle written all over him. Will be their first signing in January

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We'll see. I was actually starting to think there was a good chance we'd done some smart business and told him to run his contract down so we can get him for free. If we want him I think we're strong favourites as he's spoken a few times about Utd being his dream club. If we're not interested hopefully it doesn't become a Fabinho situation where we completely stuffed it up.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We would be fools not to be interested really. He's better than Fred if nothing else and he's to be had relatively cheaply so...

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He looked class against us. If he is like that regularly for Milan I would be keen on him. However Conte has gone in him day 2 into the job it seems...

RUCK4444

He isn't a DM and not that good either .
Well he's a better version of what we have and is pretty good in fairness. Like I say better than Scott and probably Fred.

Good on the ball, composed, defensively better than what we have. Would improve our options at the base of midfield.

marktan

He’s a beast, am a big fan of his. Plays box to box but a player of his calibre you have to be in for.

wire74

This player would be brilliant for utd he’s big strong can control games .
we have nobody who can control a game from midfield and dictate the tempo .
Aswell as him we need another midfielder to come in with him , the midfield is our biggest problem the defence is getting a lot of stick but they are getting zero protection from the midfield , mcfred are not good enough , sancho looks lost and I don’t think he likes having defensive duty’s running back helping his defenders.
I would also put Henderson back in goal he is far more vocal than degea .
kessie with Kante would be great.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He'd look crap in our current setup. He'd be overwhelmed by the areas he needs to plug and would look hopeless like Fred. Even the commentators vs Liverpool mentioned how Fred had basically been tasked with pressing 3 players on his side of the pitch. Kessie isn't good enough to do that. Fecking Kante isn't.

TwoSheds

He's like strong Fred with more reliable passing. He may be the only worse finisher than Fred in world football though :lol:

TwoSheds

Isn't he on pens for them?
What and that means you can finish? Gareth Barry and Jorginho are probably the best pen takers I've ever seen, thoroughly mediocre goalscorers though.

Edit: feck it, Anderson scored a dead eye pen in a CL final for us :lol:

Ekeke

He's like strong Fred with more reliable passing. He may be the only worse finisher than Fred in world football though :lol:
Doesnt do as much dirty work, better on the ball and gets forward more. He's as much like McTominay and Pogba as he is like Fred. Somewhere between the types, with physical strength and normal passing around the team his best assets other than penalties.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It would need to be him on a free + 1 more defensive midfielder who can pass the ball, basically.

zaafi

Thomas Partey was better in La Liga than Kessie has ever been, and look how he turned out for Arsenal. I have a soft spot for Kessie because he could potentially be very good, but he could also turn out to be a very average midfielder like Fred. Not what we should prioritise. Declan Rice and someone like Verratti would be excellent.

poleglass red

certainly didn't do himself any favours last night, was terrible. I had only seen this lad previously play against us, so tuned in last night to see what all the fuss was about. Bad day at the office for him, it happens, but for him to not turn up in such a massive game, not good. He did look decent when we played them but that's why players are scouted over a period of time. I appreciate Milan had players out but that was a Liverpool team with Minamino, Morton and the Ox in midfield

That's twice I've properly watched him and he was terrible both times. He thinks too slowly for the PL.